Photo
- - - - -

The Steam Deal Thread V4! Insert witty comment here.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
11094 replies to this topic

#9991 omnicious

omnicious

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 August 2012 - 09:27 PM

Stronghold 3 Gold is on sale for $9.99 / £6.24 / €7.49 (75% off) at Get Games.

THQ Store

Posted Image
PC Download
Supreme Commander™ Gold Edition
$4.00

I think it can be activated on Steam .

Anyone know for sure if it activates on Steam? That's all that's preventing me from buying it.

#9992 iSerra

iSerra

With the new day comes new thoughts

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 August 2012 - 09:28 PM

I think $19.99 is the new regular price for Dead Island GOTY as far as I can tell. I am waiting around for the inevitable GOTY at 75% off for $4.99. Yes I am that cheap, but I am also kind of meh on Dead Island and really only want it if it is super dirt cheap.

I am with you, maybe we will see a 4 pack deal? :D

#9993 - Glenn -

- Glenn -

The CAG formerly known as glennfrank

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 August 2012 - 09:30 PM

I think $19.99 is the new regular price for Dead Island GOTY as far as I can tell. I am waiting around for the inevitable GOTY at 75% off for $4.99. Yes I am that cheap, but I am also kind of meh on Dead Island and really only want it if it is super dirt cheap.

I rented it from gamefly and found it to be ok, but not quite what I was expecting (never watched any actual gameplay vids). I only played about 3-5 hours of it before sending it back. I just wasn't in the mood for the type of game it is at the time.
That said, I will probably pick it up when it hits $5 as well.

#9994 hal

hal

Game Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 August 2012 - 09:34 PM

$4.00

Yes it should activate on Steam

Supreme Commander decent for $4?

OMG, what am I doing? I don't need it. Hell, I probably don't even want it. Deal-seeking is a sickness, I tell you.

SupCom (buy the gold edition with Forged Alliance) is an incredible game. There's tons of custom content and 4 full campaigns for singleplayer.

76561197971332172.png

#9995 BigSpoonyBard

BigSpoonyBard

Aaaaauuugghh!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 August 2012 - 09:34 PM

You people and your small number of posts per page. I've got this at only 200 pages:booty:

That's why it's post count, not page count that breaks the threads. I think we started breaking the thread at about 13,000 posts last time.

logo.png
A Brief Guide to Steam Sales and Library Building
Brawny Gent or a Coconut Queen? PM for more info

#9996 mewantgames

mewantgames

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 August 2012 - 09:37 PM

You people and your small number of posts per page. I've got this at only 200 pages:booty:

That's why it's post count, not page count that breaks the threads. I think we started breaking the thread at about 13,000 posts last time.

Lets see the current post count is ... OVER 9000!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :razz:

#9997 DarenDF

DarenDF

Don't Do this

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 August 2012 - 09:39 PM

Both supreme commander games are great. I even enjoyed Supreme commander 2 though some fans hated it.

#9998 Chalk

Chalk

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 August 2012 - 09:39 PM

Not sure how active the fallout modding community is but I used
No Mutants Allowed
http://www.nma-fallout.com/#
to find some mods when I played the games.

I shall check it out. I got the Fallout pack the last time it was a daily. I had trouble playing it though, because I got that weird color scheme problem going on. Downloaded some mod given on the Steam forums to someone else with the problem, changed to run on Windows 98 and eventually fixed the problem. I went back to it around a week ago and the problem was there again. Mehhh.

#9999 Palinn

Palinn

Skip the odds.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 August 2012 - 09:41 PM

I have you beat at a mere 100 pages! :applause:

#10000 motoki

motoki

Sailor Sakura Sweetleaf

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 August 2012 - 09:41 PM

Anyone know for sure if it activates on Steam? That's all that's preventing me from buying it.

It does. Activated it and downloading it now.

And something else. The email gave me TWO codes, one for Supreme Commander and the other for Supreme Commander: Forged Alliance but the first key activated as "Supreme Commander and Forged Alliance Retail (Thirdparty)"

So now I still has a second key that I guess I can potentially give to someone and have them try. Not sure if it will do just the expansion or both.

Also, I now noticed I have Supreme Commander 2 in my library uninstalled now and when I go to the page it says I own it and the DLC. I swear I do not remember having that game and I searched my email and my list on Steam of all my purchases and activations and cannot find any indication that I ever bought it or activated it.

I can't swear to it but I think the key I just activated added Supreme Commander 2 as well.

Anyone know if it was ever in any bundles or anything? It's THQ so I can't see it being in an indie bundle and I know that I had been holding off buying anything THQ for a really long time hoping to get a complete publisher pack from them this summer sale (which didn't happen).

Apparently I got SC2 from the Summer 2011 Square Eidos complete pack

Edited by Motoki, 06 August 2012 - 09:52 PM.

steam_sig.png

#10001 plft

plft

Ploceus castaneiceps

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 August 2012 - 09:49 PM

It does. Activating it and downloading it now.

And something else. The email gave me TWO codes, one for Supreme Commander and the other for Supreme Commander: Forged Alliance but the first key activated as "Supreme Commander and Forged Alliance Retail (Thirdparty)"

So now I still has a second key that I guess I can potentially give to someone and have them try. Not sure if it will do just the expansion or both.

Also, I now noticed I have Supreme Commander 2 in my library uninstalled now and when I go to the page it says I own it and the DLC. I swear I do not remember having that game and I searched my email and my list on Steam of all my purchases and activations and cannot find any indication that I ever bought it or activated it.

I can't swear to it but I think the key I just activated added Supreme Commander 2 as well.

Anyone know if it was ever in any bundles or anything? It's THQ so I can't see it being in an indie bundle and I know that I had been holding off buying anything THQ for a really long time hoping to get a complete publisher pack from them this summer sale (which didn't happen).

Did you grab the Square bundle last summer sale? That's how I got my Supcom2 with dlc.

#10002 motoki

motoki

Sailor Sakura Sweetleaf

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 August 2012 - 09:50 PM

Did you grab the Square bundle last summer sale? That's how I got my Supcom2 with dlc.

Oh DO'H yes that would be it. I was thinking it would be the same publisher as the first game. Okay mystery solved. Thanks.

Funny, I remembered Flora's Fruit Farm from that pack but not Supreme Commander 2. :lol:

I'm still curious if that second key THQ game me for SC: Forged Alliance will activate though since the first key for the base game already included it when I activated it.

Edited by Motoki, 06 August 2012 - 10:02 PM.

steam_sig.png

#10003 MIND LINK

MIND LINK

MURDER ALL RAPPERS

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 August 2012 - 09:57 PM

I shall check it out. I got the Fallout pack the last time it was a daily. I had trouble playing it though, because I got that weird color scheme problem going on. Downloaded some mod given on the Steam forums to someone else with the problem, changed to run on Windows 98 and eventually fixed the problem. I went back to it around a week ago and the problem was there again. Mehhh.

I hate dealing with issues like that so I always buy the classics from GOG.

MARS

#10004 Frithsblessing

Frithsblessing

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 August 2012 - 10:06 PM

It does. Activated it and downloading it now.

Apparently I got SC2 from the Summer 2011 Square Eidos complete pack

hahahahaaaa... You have too many games, mate.
Posted Image

#10005 louiedog

louiedog

20 minutes into the future

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 August 2012 - 10:08 PM

hahahahaaaa... You have too many games, mate.

False. This is clearly a failure with his spreadsheet for tracking Steam purchases, or his lack of one.

#10006 motoki

motoki

Sailor Sakura Sweetleaf

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 August 2012 - 10:21 PM

False. This is clearly a failure with his spreadsheet for tracking Steam purchases, or his lack of one.

I refuse to do any spreadsheets. [-( I work with spreadsheets all day long.

In a little bit of my defense though, it was from one of my earliest Steam purchases which also happened to be one of those complete whole enchilada publisher packs back when the complete packs really were the whole complete with a kajillion games right down to Gyromancer and Flora's Fruit Farm.

But yeah, too many games, not enough spreadsheets (NEVER!) I know.

steam_sig.png

#10007 iSerra

iSerra

With the new day comes new thoughts

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 August 2012 - 10:26 PM

Hero Academy will be out in 1 more day, is it just me or this game has combat that resemble Heroes of Might and Magic or King's Bounty?

*The TF team is only available to purchase in the PC version.

http://store.steampo....com/app/209270

#10008 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Insufferable Asshole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 August 2012 - 10:27 PM

Hmmm, I am missing Supreme Commander 1, not that I have played FA or 2 at all. If it was on sale by itself for $2 bucks I would get it.

I have a handful of leftover July Madness Bundles - PM if interested

Learn how to get FREE and CHEAP games with Tremorgames: http://www.cheapassg...tremorgamescom/

#10009 Larce80

Larce80

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 August 2012 - 10:47 PM

Stronghold 3 Gold is on sale for $9.99 / £6.24 / €7.49 (75% off) at Get Games.

THQ Store

PC Download
$4.00

wow Batman AC only $6.99, not steam but pretty good. Some more good deals there too
Sign up at Greenmangaming with my link and we'll both get $2 credit when you make a purchase :)

#10010 Frithsblessing

Frithsblessing

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 August 2012 - 11:13 PM

Was Civ IV complete $5 or $7.50 during the SS? I checked SteamPrices.com- it didn't show any discount for the SS.

If it was $7.50 I'll probably pick it up at getgames.
Posted Image

#10011 Zipstream

Zipstream

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 August 2012 - 11:25 PM

According to this GPG Post the retail key for SC and SC:FA give you the gold edition.

So you get both with one key, which I just confirmed. Also after trying the second key it shows that I already own the products, and it listed both games.

#10012 omnicious

omnicious

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 August 2012 - 11:43 PM

So the Fallout collection from Steam has issues?

#10013 Momouchi

Momouchi

Drowning in backlog

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 August 2012 - 11:45 PM

For those of you who just can't hold off on Dawnguard, it is $15 with a Steam key over at Greenmangaming.

Use the New 25% off voucher:
25% off any game with voucher code ORDER-NTCOM-PLETE, does not stack with other vouchers. Expires August 10.

fs_overall.png

#10014 omnicious

omnicious

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 August 2012 - 11:50 PM

According to this GPG Post the retail key for SC and SC:FA give you the gold edition.

So you get both with one key, which I just confirmed. Also after trying the second key it shows that I already own the products, and it listed both games.

Any chance of it requiring you to insert the second key if you open the expansion?

#10015 DarenDF

DarenDF

Don't Do this

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 August 2012 - 11:52 PM

For those of you who just can't hold off on Dawnguard, it is $15 with a Steam key over at Greenmangaming.

Use the New 25% off voucher:
25% off any game with voucher code ORDER-NTCOM-PLETE, does not stack with other vouchers. Expires August 10.

For anyone tempted by this you might wanna wait, from what I've read Dawnguard is fairly buggy. I'm gonna hold off til winter sale, hopefully by then its been patched up.

#10016 Zipstream

Zipstream

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 August 2012 - 11:54 PM

Since I already owned SC:FA, and only purchased the Gold Edition for the original, here is a giveaway for the extra copy.

You should also get the original game as well with this key.

Posted Image

#10017 EarthBoundX5

EarthBoundX5

Chef Jesus

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 August 2012 - 11:55 PM

I'm just gonna leave this link/picture here...

Posted Image

I just hope Commander Keen is not going to be a bitch to get working.

I was surprised to find that the Steam version used DOSBox, :lol:, so ya, there should be no issues with getting it working

So this may just be a small annoyance, But does anyone else hate when you launch a game and the default resolution is super small mostly because it is a older game like with Quake. And it ends up resizing your Steam window and so you spend like minutes/hours trying to get it to the exact same half size you had it before but it never turns out right.

I hated this and still hate it, but I was able to calm myself with the comfort that both AquaSnap and Fences offer.

Fences to save my Desktop arrangement from icon rearrangement with resizing
AquaSnap to resize the steam window quickly to 1/4 of my screen size.

You can send cheapy a request to change it, if he's feeling magnanimous

I was going to say Cheapy will probably be pissed at you for filling his PM box...but then I kept reading the thread and now I know is WILL BE PISSED at you :applause::lol:

Well I am one of that near extinct species of gamers that likes turn based.

Worm killing on the other hand, I don't know about. I mean, maybe it starts with worms then works its way up to cats and then the next thing, people. Oh wait, killing people is pretty much every game. Hmm.

Don't worry, I love turn based still too! But ya, Worms series is AWESOME, used to play it all the time with my cousins. Ignore the worms, focus on the fun.

How do you people keep up with this thread? lol

Bookmark everytime I make a post, then change the URL with each new post or each time I read a bunch of pages.

Once you go for dual (or 2+) monitors, you can't go back!

I went with 2 montiors years ago, hated it and went with 1, then ended up using a tube TV as a second monitor...that was weird...went back to 1, now I have 2 again. I rarely use the 2nd one, but LOVE it when I do. I have it on a 2nd desk to my side (so they are not side by side) and thats why I think I enjoy it so much than the first time I had 2. Also, my 2nd is not widescreen, which I kinda like for certain things.

I blame games not using Borderless Full Screen Mode. It disturbs me to no end when I'm playing a game and I accidentally click "outside" of the full screen game window only to have the game minimize/crash because they couldn't establish borders or when you have shit pop up on the other monitor but can't reply without minimizing. Drives me nuts that programmers aren't held to higher best practice standards.

ITS IMPOSSIBLE TO PLAY PAINKILLER WITH A 2ND MONITOR!!!!!!!

I don't like having a sig, but for CAG, I figured I'd sheep along.

163177.pngfs_pc.png
http://gamercard.xbo...een/ChefJesusX5 eebeta-badge-small.png
GAP - Since 2003
CAG - Lurked well before current join date

#10018 IkedaTeramusa

IkedaTeramusa

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 August 2012 - 11:55 PM

(sigh) I wish I would have waited for the GMG deal.

Ok... thanks to Motoki for SPOILING how to get INTO the new DLC...

So I've played about 2/3's the way through both the Vampire AND the Dawnguard stories. There is a bit of overlap on some of the quests but they are different enough that they are enjoyable.

Mounted combat hasn't been tested. I never use a horse.

The crossbow is just another method of archery. IMO, it's a bit more powerful baseline but it doesn't get some of the perks. I'm playing with it right now to see what affects what.

Vampire perk tree is interesting but I feel that the magic mode of vampires is WAAAAYYYY OP. I'm talking seriously. Like walk into a room and just scoff at the mere mortals. Hell even vampires are scared of me. That being said, there are some weaknesses and they do affect you as well. Smarter not harder.

Haven't tested werewolves perks yet. I never cared for them. In Morrowwind? Yes. Skyrim? No.

There are a couple of new spells... of which I think the sun flash one is the most interesting. There are also a couple of new dragon perks which I haven't tested all of them yet.

Crafting-wise, I'm working this toon up to dragon so I can do the weapons and compare them.

I feel it's worth 20 if it's a buy and play now. I would think I'd feel safe buying it for $10 on a sale. Anything less than that is a steal for this.

P.S. I haven't had any bugs and I've put in about 15-20 hrs lately.

P.P.S. First time you hear rumblings about this is when you toon is around 10. If you go straight into the first DG at 10, you'll be in for some growing pains. Just FYI.

#10019 Zipstream

Zipstream

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 August 2012 - 12:11 AM

Any chance of it requiring you to insert the second key if you open the expansion?

From what I can tell it doesn't require any CD-Key with the Steam version. I already owned SC:FA when I used the SC key which said it gave me both. I never heard of Steam itself asking for a key.

So technically you get two copies of both games with this deal.

#10020 motoki

motoki

Sailor Sakura Sweetleaf

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 August 2012 - 12:27 AM

re: SC & FA

The base SC key you get from the Gold Edition does indeed activate with both. You get a second key for FA which you don't need so it's extra. I'm pretty sure it activates as just Supreme Commander: Forged Alliance stand alone but I gave mine to CheapLikeaFox so I'll see what he says.

Neither game stores a CD key or asks for one to play once you activate it on Steam.

(sigh) I wish I would have waited for the GMG deal.

Ok... thanks to Motoki for SPOILING how to get INTO the new DLC...

Sorry, I genuinely had not considered that a spoiler and though I was being helpful even. From what I understand
Spoiler

That such a very basic way of just starting the quest without any story or quest info at all it didn't even occur to me that someone would think it was a spoiler. To me it's almost like saying 'Press the start button' is a spoiler.

Nevertheless, I will attempt to be more mindful of such things and try to consider that others might be far more sensitive to what they consider to be a spoiler than I do.

Edited by Motoki, 07 August 2012 - 01:07 AM.

steam_sig.png