Photo
- - - - -

The Steam Deal Thread V4! Insert witty comment here.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
11094 replies to this topic

#91 ctrek3

ctrek3

Posted 17 July 2012 - 03:46 PM

thinking of picking up the dungeon siege bundle, i played the demo for three when it first came out, are they worth the 7.50
Posted Image

#92 utopianmachine

utopianmachine

Deal Ninja

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2012 - 03:47 PM

Certainly both games had a bunch of charm, but the boring combat in Costume Quest wore thin very quickly for me. The only way I made it through the game was because it was extremely charming otherwise.

Stacking is more like an adventure game, but instead of collecting items, you are possessing dolls. I also didn't think it was all that difficult to come up with at least one of the solutions to the challenges presented. In fact, I liked the idea of coming up with more than one way to solve a puzzle.

I will agree that the combat in Costume Quest definitely started to wear thin.

Stacking frustrated me. Maybe I just wasn't thinking abstractly enough. I got to the third area of the game and just quit, but I would like to revisit.

#93 pantsattack

pantsattack

Grant Thrift Auto

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2012 - 03:48 PM

Stacking and CC are at a nice price, but I'm sure sometime their bundle will also have Trenched, The Cave, and Adventure. I guess I have Adventure coming to me already. And I want them to survive, ok bought.

#94 LoLRoflCopter

LoLRoflCopter

Moar GAEMS

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2012 - 03:48 PM

Caved and bought Assassins Creed 2: Deluxe.

Posted Image

#95 clonesniper666

clonesniper666

Final Fantasy Fanatic

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2012 - 03:50 PM

thinking of picking up the dungeon siege bundle, i played the demo for three when it first came out, are they worth the 7.50

If you liked the demo then yes the bundle is worth $7.50

#96 Cantatus

Cantatus

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2012 - 03:50 PM

I'm still debating Crysis. I hate to add too much to my backlog with Borderlands 2, Orcs Must Die 2, and Torchlight 2 around the corner, but Crysis feels like one of those games I really should've played by now...

E.Y.E. is a bit of a mess
Sanctum is good, but everyone should have it by now
Krater has a weak discount

Wooo!

Krater did just come out though, so that'd explain the lesser discount. Not sure that that'll matter though, I think a lot of people are basing their vote on which deal has the biggest percentage off (hence why Risen 2 got absolutely creamed in the last vote).

#97 Chalk

Chalk

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2012 - 03:51 PM

Is anyone else having trouble connecting within Steam? Or is it just me. It's happening to me in both the client and the browser. o.o

#98 Umair56

Umair56

CHINA DON'T CARE

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2012 - 03:52 PM

Everyone please vote Krater!

#99 Correlli

Correlli

The guy with the small brain

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2012 - 03:53 PM

Excited by stacking. Hoping Krater wins - would like to give it a spin.

#100 facls

facls

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2012 - 03:54 PM

Is anyone else having trouble connecting within Steam? Or is it just me. It's happening to me in both the client and the browser. o.o

Same here, it started just with the community pages and now the store is also down.

#101 CountingBodies

CountingBodies

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2012 - 03:56 PM

Has anyone been able to figure out yet if the Flash Sales are the highest discounts we can expect to see on a given title? I've been through as much of the old thread as I can bear but haven't come across anything firm as far as price point tracking against a given title.

I'm trying to decide whether I should pull the trigger on the Amazon Sniper Elite V2 @ $15 because it's unlikely to go lower than the 50% offered in the current Flash Sale. I've also been holding out on Skyrim and MW3 at 50% in the dailies and Community Choice in the hopes that we'll see something even higher in a Flash Sale.

#102 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Posted 17 July 2012 - 03:57 PM

I voted krater. No upgrade in badge for me though since I've missed several votes. EYE was uber cheap last winter sale.

Learn how to get FREE and CHEAP games with Tremorgames: http://www.cheapassg...tremorgamescom/

#103 rcerboss

rcerboss

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2012 - 03:57 PM

Debating on whether I want to get Arkham City for new achievements...

I wouldn't want to support any game that has install limits. Really defeats the purpose of even getting the game on Steam for me....
http://backloggery.c...p?user=rcerboss
Interested in trading Steam Games. I have extra keys for Ship, Machinarium, Sword and Sworcery, Cave Story +, and more Desura games tha I can list ;)

PM me to add me to PSN, Steam, WiiU, or 3DS. Always up for a Brawl matchup too!

#104 BrolyB593

BrolyB593

I'm Cheap!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2012 - 03:58 PM

Has anyone been able to figure out yet if the Flash Sales are the highest discounts we can expect to see on a given title? I've been through as much of the old thread as I can bear but haven't come across anything firm as far as price point tracking against a given title.

I'm trying to decide whether I should pull the trigger on the Amazon Sniper Elite V2 @ $15 because it's unlikely to go lower than the 50% offered in the current Flash Sale. I've also been holding out on Skyrim and MW3 at 50% in the dailies and Community Choice in the hopes that we'll see something even higher in a Flash Sale.

I have been keeping up the OP and each time the Flash Sale is the same as the Community Choice which is also the same with the Daily Deals. The only thing that differs is the other games in the franchise. Example: AC Revelations won the Community Choice and it was the only thing discounted. The next day it was a Daily Deal and then the other titles in the Assassins Creed series were also discounted more heavily.

#105 IkedaTeramusa

IkedaTeramusa

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2012 - 03:59 PM

Bunch of us wanting Sanctum.

Skyrim was ALREADY a flash sale so you'll be waiting a while.

Steam store and stuff down for me as well.

Bummer cause I've got to go to work soon.

#106 Blade

Blade

Butt Blamer

• CAGiversary!

Same here, too. It loaded fine until I tried to vote. :(
Earn $10 instantly with Groupon!

We as a community feel that it would be best if you didn't trade on here anymore. Despite your 350 positive transactions, I'm deactivating your account on 99Gamers because you offend me. I'm unrelatable, give poor customer service, and am now taking away your invested time and money because I don't like you.

Best,
Brandon, Owner of 99Gamers.com

#107 ckendal

ckendal

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Steam went to sleep with the fishies!
[URL="http://www.theretrogamer.net/temp/carls-games.xls"][/URL]

#108 JustYourAverageJoe

JustYourAverageJoe

Dances With Deals

• CAGiversary!

So far, flash sale discounts have only been equal to their daily deal counterparts, and if/when flash sales repeat, they're for the same discount. You're probably safe getting it from Amazon.

You won't see higher than 50% off on MW3 or Skyrim unless lightning strikes a meteor twice before hitting me (so remote are the odds.)
Posted Image

#109 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Posted 17 July 2012 - 04:01 PM

Flash sales, dailies, and community is the highest its going to get. You will not get a better price than amazon for Sniper Elite. I would buy it there and get the DLC from Steam if you want it

Learn how to get FREE and CHEAP games with Tremorgames: http://www.cheapassg...tremorgamescom/

#110 KratosGOW2525

KratosGOW2525

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2012 - 04:02 PM

And again, the Steam servers seem to be down for me. Ridiculous

#111 facls

facls

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2012 - 04:03 PM

Not even the mobile app is working.

#112 TheLongshot

TheLongshot

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Stacking and CC are at a nice price, but I'm sure sometime their bundle will also have Trenched, The Cave, and Adventure. I guess I have Adventure coming to me already. And I want them to survive, ok bought.

Are they even working on bringing Trenched to the PC? I haven't heard anything about that.

As for the rest, you'll be waiting at least a year, perhaps longer.
Posted Image

#113 BrolyB593

BrolyB593

I'm Cheap!

• CAGiversary!

The servers being all borked can only mean one thing...

HUGE ARMA II SALE INCOMING!!!

#114 KratosGOW2525

KratosGOW2525

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2012 - 04:04 PM

The servers being all borked can only mean one thing...

HUGE ARMA II SALE INCOMING!!!

Lets hope so. I refuse to pay over 4.99 for it

#115 rcerboss

rcerboss

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2012 - 04:04 PM

Ugh I can't connect to the Steam store on my mobile app OR my work computer. Someone wake me up from this hellish nightmare!
http://backloggery.c...p?user=rcerboss
Interested in trading Steam Games. I have extra keys for Ship, Machinarium, Sword and Sworcery, Cave Story +, and more Desura games tha I can list ;)

PM me to add me to PSN, Steam, WiiU, or 3DS. Always up for a Brawl matchup too!

#116 BrolyB593

BrolyB593

I'm Cheap!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2012 - 04:05 PM

Lets hope so. I refuse to pay over 4.99 for it

I will work with $12.49

I wouldn't mind trying the base game itself anyway.

#117 Sophita

Sophita

CCO Coconut Company

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2012 - 04:08 PM

A Wild Steam sale has appeared
Wallet used Throw Money...it was super effective
A Wild Steam has fainted..
Posted Image

#118 ctclements

ctclements

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2012 - 04:08 PM

Hopefully it being down has something to do with the badges and prizes.

#119 Symphonix

Symphonix

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2012 - 04:09 PM

I think Steam is dead lol ;D Both app and pc client wont connect! I hope it gets revived soon, was about to pull the trigger on Crysis!!

I hope ARMA II is a daily today as well, want to play DayZ with some buddies, but I am to cheap to pay what it is currently going for haha

#120 Chalk

Chalk

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2012 - 04:11 PM

I will work with $12.49

I wouldn't mind trying the base game itself anyway.

Debating whether to not get it anymore. I saw a friend of mine playing Day Z yesterday and he basically was walking on a broken leg through a road cautiously for 20 minutes. I got bored, left, and upon coming back he had apparently died because the zombies were ruthless. I found the game play pretty dull from what I got to see. And the only real zombie I saw was him by being addicted to such dull material. But what do I know, I'm limited only to short amounts of game plays I've gotten to see.

I guess it's the "realistic" aspect of it that appeals people so much...