Photo
- - - - -

The Steam Deal Thread V4! Insert witty comment here.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
11094 replies to this topic

#1171 Arben

Arben

notArtist

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 July 2012 - 01:36 PM

There is, of course, a downside to buying all your games as inventory items to be opened when you're ready for them. Sometimes steam doesn't feel like letting you open them.

"Sorry, an error has occurred:
Unable to add the gift to your game library. The gift may have already been redeemed. Please try again later."

Look, sure there are probably a hundred titles in my library I've never opened, but nothing is going to do a better job of making me want to play one in my inventory than a message like that.

#1172 Sophita

Sophita

CCO Coconut Company

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 July 2012 - 01:37 PM

Plus the pack comes with the base anyway and their DLC almost never goes this cheap.

Still, if you're really afraid to splurge @ $7 for the trains, there are some free DLC as you pointed out.

I totally missed that when I was first deciding what to pick up :cry: Assumed the Hauling USA was just the DLC. Oh well there is still a ton of tracks and trains in the base game and free dlc(So everyone should pick up the choo's). Maybe even too much..Though the Donner pass does have flying trains soo :wall:
Posted Image

#1173 Drabelincoln

Drabelincoln

Town Drunk

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 July 2012 - 01:38 PM

If the pre-order costs $19.99 and comes with a free Torchlight I copy, buying Torchlight I now at $3.74 wouldn't actually be bad if Torchlight II is at least on a 33% sale, the game would cost $13.40, so added it would be less than $19.99.

So any sale that, added with today's sale, would be less than what the pre-order costs.

Makes any sense?

Are there high chances of Torchlight II being on sale for Winter?

I got interest in both games, but since Torchlight II doesn't really have a specific Mac release date, don't know how long I'd have to wait. And then there's the part that I'm a CAG...

You can get in on a torchlight 2 4 pack for 14.99 and you get torchlight 1. Check out the steam trade thread.

Also I would bet torchlight 2 is 50% off by winter sale

#1174 INCyr

INCyr

Devotee of CAGthulhu

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 July 2012 - 01:38 PM

There is, of course, a downside to buying all your games as inventory items to be opened when you're ready for them. Sometimes steam doesn't feel like letting you open them.

"Sorry, an error has occurred:
Unable to add the gift to your game library. The gift may have already been redeemed. Please try again later."

Look, sure there are probably a hundred titles in my library I've never opened, but nothing is going to do a better job of making me want to play one in my inventory than a message like that.

Yeah, I ran into that just a few minutes ago. If you right click on the page, and select "Reload", then try again, I think that got it to work for me.

#1175 warreni

warreni

Eminently punchable

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 July 2012 - 01:40 PM

If the pre-order costs $19.99 and comes with a free Torchlight I copy, buying Torchlight I now at $3.74 wouldn't actually be bad if Torchlight II is at least on a 33% sale, the game would cost $13.40, so added it would be less than $19.99.

So any sale that, added with today's sale, would be less than what the pre-order costs.

Makes any sense?

Are there high chances of Torchlight II being on sale for Winter?

I got interest in both games, but since Torchlight II doesn't really have a specific Mac release date, don't know how long I'd have to wait. And then there's the part that I'm a CAG...

Well, I suppose it comes down to how CAGgy you're feeling. My take on it at this point is that if you enjoyed the first game and want to play it, do a pre-order and it's basically like paying $10 for each. More revenue now may actually encourage the dev to get the Mac port out faster (although I could also just be talking out of my ass).

The other factor to consider is that if you already have a huge backlog and you haven't played or finished Torchlight yet, you're probably better off waiting on a good T2 sale--unless you love Torchlight so much you are compelled to be an early adopter.

My personal feeling about Torchlight is that it was better than Diablo but ultimately lacked a sufficiently-interesting story to sustain all of that mindless clicking.

fs_pc.png

If you're not having fun, you're doing it wrong.

#1176 Sir_Fragalot

Sir_Fragalot

wants Startropics 3.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 July 2012 - 01:45 PM

Really disappointed Torchlight won. It's not that Torchlight is a bad game, it's just with all the improvements of Torchlight 2, there really isn't a point to play T1 nowadays.
Posted Image
"Mega Man 9 isn't hard, you're just not paying attention." -KingBroly

#1177 paddlefoot

paddlefoot

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 July 2012 - 01:47 PM

I want to buy the GTA Complete Pack just for 1 & 2, but I don't feel like paying $6 each for just them. I own the rest for either PS2 or PC. Really wish publishers other than Valve would offer additional copies to people who purchase additional licenses to a game.

#1178 Syntax Error

Syntax Error

Tortue d'Art

• CAGiversary!

Really disappointed Torchlight won. It's not that Torchlight is a bad game, it's just with all the improvements of Torchlight 2, there really isn't a point to play T1 nowadays.

Three dollars and seventy-four cents is a reason.

#1179 Corpekata

Corpekata

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Aren't GTA 1 and 2 Freeware now?

#1180 Azuvidexus

Azuvidexus

@azuvidexus

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 July 2012 - 01:48 PM

You can get in on a torchlight 2 4 pack for 14.99 and you get torchlight 1. Check out the steam trade thread.

Well, I suppose it comes down to how CAGgy you're feeling. My take on it at this point is that if you enjoyed the first game and want to play it, do a pre-order and it's basically like paying $10 for each. More revenue now may actually encourage the dev to get the Mac port out faster (although I could also just be talking out of my ass).

The other factor to consider is that if you already have a huge backlog and you haven't played or finished Torchlight yet, you're probably better off waiting on a good T2 sale--unless you love Torchlight so much you are compelled to be an early adopter.

My personal feeling about Torchlight is that it was better than Diablo but ultimately lacked a sufficiently-interesting story to sustain all of that mindless clicking.

I see. I guess that if I could wait three years to buy Torchlight I, I could probably wait for a 50% or more sale on Torchlight II.

Thanks, fellas!

#1181 dreamcaster

dreamcaster

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 July 2012 - 01:49 PM

So, playing Just Cause isn't really a requirement for the second one is it?

#1182 JustYourAverageJoe

JustYourAverageJoe

Dances With Deals

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 July 2012 - 01:52 PM

So, playing Just Cause isn't really a requirement for the second one is it?

Not at all.
Posted Image

#1183 paddlefoot

paddlefoot

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 July 2012 - 01:52 PM

They are? I'll need to looking into that :)

Also, does anyone know why Steam removed all the non-steam games from my library? I believe it happened after an update.

#1184 dapathfinda

dapathfinda

Posted 18 July 2012 - 01:53 PM

I want to buy the GTA Complete Pack just for 1 & 2, but I don't feel like paying $6 each for just them. I own the rest for either PS2 or PC. Really wish publishers other than Valve would offer additional copies to people who purchase additional licenses to a game.

They are available on the PC for free: http://www.rockstargames.com/classics/

#1185 motoki

motoki

A New Game Everyday

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 July 2012 - 01:54 PM

This was posted on the GMG thread but figured some people in this thread may not have noticed it.

Beyond Divinity is free today on Greenmangaming.

It's the second game in the Divinity series, though not a direct sequel more of a sidequel, and as of now it's the only Divinity game not on Steam. Not sure if they will ever add it. It's probably the least known of the 3 games.

Anyway, free is free and there may be a trade in value for it at some point. You're also supposed to get a voucher for 20% off anything else for grabbing it, but their site has had issues and I didn't get mine today or yesterday.

steam_sig.png

#1186 TheLongshot

TheLongshot

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 July 2012 - 01:57 PM

Personally, I wonder if Torchlight 2 will be out by the time the winter sale comes around...

http://www.rockpaper...taking-a-while/
Posted Image

#1187 Woocls

Woocls

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 July 2012 - 01:58 PM

I could kiss you! I've been debating this purchase all day yesterday.

#1188 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Posted 18 July 2012 - 02:08 PM

1C @ GamersGate for 20$. WHY! did I not buy that. STUPID! STUPID! Will it ever do that again......probably not. Probably a total fluke never to be repeated. If it ever does come back, I'm on it. Of course, they aren't steam keys, so I can at least say that about it. ALAS.

You know, the promo ran for an entire week too. We all expected it to be pulled or corrected but it was not. It was even cheaper if you have the IGN discount then. And a handful of the games were steamable. Greatest value per game for me. A lot of them aren't the best I've heard, but I already got my money's worth out of Rig n Roll.

Learn how to get FREE and CHEAP games with Tremorgames: http://www.cheapassg...tremorgamescom/

#1189 plft

plft

Ploceus castaneiceps

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 July 2012 - 02:08 PM

This was posted on the GMG thread but figured some people in this thread may not have noticed it.

Beyond Divinity is free today on Greenmangaming.

It's the second game in the Divinity series, though not a direct sequel more of a sidequel, and as of now it's the only Divinity game not on Steam. Not sure if they will ever add it. It's probably the least known of the 3 games.

Anyway, free is free and there may be a trade in value for it at some point. You're also supposed to get a voucher for 20% off anything else for grabbing it, but their site has had issues and I didn't get mine today or yesterday.

Hell yes! I've wanted to play some of the other Divinity games after Divinity 2: DKS (which I highly recommend).

#1190 Broken Cage

Broken Cage

Don't Start Trouble

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 July 2012 - 02:11 PM

Are the games that lose the community vote showing up as the flash deals?

Looks that way to me.

Edit: Nevermind on the DRM, only Hot Pursuit doesn't have 3rd Party.

Posted ImagePosted Image

I blog about playing video games: www.heavyattack.com

#1191 Azuvidexus

Azuvidexus

@azuvidexus

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 July 2012 - 02:20 PM

I'm so proud of myself. First Summer Sale and so far I've only spent around $15 bucks ^_^ Hopefully things will remain controlled until the end of the event ;)

#1192 Senusret

Senusret

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 July 2012 - 02:22 PM

They are but I believe the only way to get them as Steam games it to buy the pack.

#1193 Broken Cage

Broken Cage

Don't Start Trouble

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 July 2012 - 02:23 PM

I'm so proud of myself. First Summer Sale and so far I've only spent around $15 bucks ^_^ Hopefully things will remain controlled until the end of the event ;)

I started out the week scoffing that I already owned everything I wanted... I'm up to about $48.00. For me, that's actually pretty good.

Posted ImagePosted Image

I blog about playing video games: www.heavyattack.com

#1194 paddlefoot

paddlefoot

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 July 2012 - 02:24 PM

Awesome!!

#1195 paddlefoot

paddlefoot

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 July 2012 - 02:25 PM

I started out the week scoffing that I already owned everything I wanted... I'm up to about $48.00. For me, that's actually pretty good.

I think I'm under you, which is a miracle. Then again, spending $300 the last summer sale means I already own half the sale items.

90% of my yearly video game purchases occur 3 times per year. Summer Sale, Winter Sale, Black Friday.

#1196 Sir_Fragalot

Sir_Fragalot

wants Startropics 3.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 July 2012 - 02:29 PM

I have a job interview in about 2 and a half hours. If Driver wins I will wait to leave for the interview till that refreshes so I can buy it. If not I will head to the interview. Either way wont miss any flash deals but I would like to know if I should grab another Steam card while I am out.
Posted Image
"Mega Man 9 isn't hard, you're just not paying attention." -KingBroly

#1197 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Posted 18 July 2012 - 02:30 PM

I have a job interview in about 2 and a half hours. If Driver wins I will wait to leave for the interview till that refreshes so I can buy it. If not I will head to the interview. Either way wont miss any flash deals but I would like to know if I should grab another Steam card while I am out.

Depends on how much you've spent so far. We've got 4-5 more days of daily deals so if you need a bit more to cover that I would grab one just in case. Worst case scenario is it sits in your account until winter.

Good luck on your interview.

Learn how to get FREE and CHEAP games with Tremorgames: http://www.cheapassg...tremorgamescom/

#1198 Spyder187

Spyder187

Scratch & Sniff!

• Banned

Posted 18 July 2012 - 02:31 PM

I am beginning to lose faith in the voting community after the last couple of winning games.
Posted Image

i added a link to more wang pics.

#1199 paddlefoot

paddlefoot

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Job Interview is more important. GET UR HEAD IN THE GAME!!!!!!

Anyway, Hot Pursuit won. Good Luck!

#1200 Khamous

Khamous

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Hot Pursuit won :(

fs_pc.png