Photo
- - - - -

The Steam Deal Thread V4! Insert witty comment here.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
11094 replies to this topic

#121 dreamcaster

dreamcaster

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2012 - 04:12 PM

Opinions on community vote?

#122 LazyTriangle

LazyTriangle

Bride of _____

• CAGiversary!

you guys worry too much, Steam always crashes during the summer sale it is to be expected

O6d6OER.jpg

#123 gnargnargnar

gnargnargnar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Here's hoping Krater wins.

Waiting for the new deals is kinda losing it's excitement since so many are repeats.
Posted Image

#124 BrolyB593

BrolyB593

I'm Cheap!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2012 - 04:13 PM

Here's hoping Krater wins.

Waiting for the new deals is kinda losing it's excitement since so many are repeats.

Yeah, I worry that the Daily Deals will be like 85% rehashed Community/Flash Sales.

#125 Correlli

Correlli

The guy with the small brain

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2012 - 04:14 PM

Yep, at least Krater is a new deal.

#126 VaultBoy101

VaultBoy101

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2012 - 04:14 PM

Oh yeah, and I wasn't gonna grab Fable III yesterday, but then I noticed the pack with the 5 DLC's and The Lost Chapters was the same price as the base game.... what was up with that?

The pack with the 5 DLCs and The Lost Chapters was the same price as the base game. That's what was up (and why I grabbed it). :)

Risen is not a killer IP. RPGs that don't differentiate themselves don't sell well. Amalur succeeded almost entirely because of that demo, word of mouth from that demo, and to a lesser extent the names attached, and even then it kept getting marred as "generic".

Um...

#127 roblutter

roblutter

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2012 - 04:15 PM

Lulz, I got through and the deals had not changed

#128 paulcalypse

paulcalypse

Posted 17 July 2012 - 04:16 PM

It's odd having the site down before 1PM EST. Usually it crashes around the time new daily deals appear.

TyranitarJr.png

#129 Scouter

Scouter

El Psy Kangaroo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2012 - 04:16 PM

looks like it's back up!

Friend code: 1091-7990-3911             Water Gyarados Octillery Frogadier

#130 rcerboss

rcerboss

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2012 - 04:17 PM

Lulz, I got through and the deals had not changed

Deals don't update for another 42 minutes :roll:.
http://backloggery.c...p?user=rcerboss
Interested in trading Steam Games. I have extra keys for Ship, Machinarium, Sword and Sworcery, Cave Story +, and more Desura games tha I can list ;)

PM me to add me to PSN, Steam, WiiU, or 3DS. Always up for a Brawl matchup too!

#131 rcerboss

rcerboss

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2012 - 04:18 PM

looks like it's back up!

Still not working for me :cry:
http://backloggery.c...p?user=rcerboss
Interested in trading Steam Games. I have extra keys for Ship, Machinarium, Sword and Sworcery, Cave Story +, and more Desura games tha I can list ;)

PM me to add me to PSN, Steam, WiiU, or 3DS. Always up for a Brawl matchup too!

#132 AgentW

AgentW

Ate a sandwich.

• CAGiversary!

Apparently I'm not the only one unable to get through. I went to check the deals this morning about 40m ago, and couldn't get on even then. And now I'll miss my community vote and never get my badges.

oh well. Hey there F5.

#133 roblutter

roblutter

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Deals don't update for another 42 minutes :roll:.

Hey man, Central time-zone. I'm always confused what time it is! :) That 8/7 central crap still confounds me after being an east coaster. :D

#134 blitztwn36

blitztwn36

hatersgunnahate

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2012 - 04:19 PM

In preparation for the possibility of an ARMA II sale - what's all this DayZ hype? I read over the website for the mod, but didn't have a chance to watch any gameplay video...it sounds like most people are buying ARMA II just to play DayZ?

#135 pantsattack

pantsattack

this computer is a time machine, but it only goes forward

• CAGiversary!

Are they even working on bringing Trenched to the PC? I haven't heard anything about that.

As for the rest, you'll be waiting at least a year, perhaps longer.

I'm hoping it comes. They may have to wait until existing contracts end, of course.
The biggest clue, or trolling, was the last minute of the Double Fine Adventure campaign countdown party. The cameras were off but Tim Schafer was still (knowingly) mic'd and said, "I didn't say anything about Trenched PC did I? Whew." Someone else, "Your mic!" Cut to black.

#136 BrolyB593

BrolyB593

I'm Cheap!

• CAGiversary!

Apparently I'm not the only one unable to get through. I went to check the deals this morning about 40m ago, and couldn't get on even then. And now I'll miss my community vote and never get my badges.

oh well. Hey there F5.

The badge requires you to vote at least 20 times and each day. We already hit 15 votes earlier so even if you just vote once a day from now on so long as you have been keeping up, you will be perfectly fine...

#137 chaosking121

chaosking121

Hoarder Of Games

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2012 - 04:20 PM

Mobile app is still down :(

Total damages so far: around $90. I've got about $15 left and one last thing on my wishlist, but the sales in the last day or so have been rather underwhelming. Let's hope they've got something nice in store for us :D

#138 ctclements

ctclements

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2012 - 04:22 PM

Mobile app is still down :(

Total damages so far: around $90. I've got about $15 left and one last thing on my wishlist, but the sales in the last day or so have been rather underwhelming. Let's hope they've got something nice in store for us :D

Underwhelming, yet you spent $90?

#139 warreni

warreni

Eminently punchable

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2012 - 04:26 PM

I played the Krater Beta, mostly because I was hoping for good things from Fatshark. The post-apocalyptic Swedish setting is cool and different but the combat was very bland and I've read that there are a host of other design issues, like having to replace your characters every five levels because they can't advance anymore. I'm not too enthused about it at this point.

#140 KaOTiK

KaOTiK

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2012 - 04:27 PM

*sniffffffffffffffffffff*
Ahhh new thread smell

#141 Azuvidexus

Azuvidexus

@azuvidexus

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2012 - 04:32 PM

And I know this has kinda been brought up already, but does anyone else find it extremely frustrating to be waiting for these community choice and flash sales to pop up only to see they are games that have already been on sale only a day or two ago? >:0

Yeah :/ I'm still waiting on Torchlight I (+75%!).

#142 Cheaplikeafox 3.0

Cheaplikeafox 3.0

Insufferable Asshole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2012 - 04:33 PM

Does anyone know if Steam has a product activation limit or throttle? I was activating a ton of stuff and now it is showing invalid key for everything (even though the keys are valid steam keys).

Can't get enough of the Fox?  Check out my CAG Blog:  http://www.cheapassg...ul-gamers-blog/

Learn how to get Assassin's Creed III, Bioshock Infinite, NBA 2K14 or other games for $1 (Steam):  http://www.cheapassg...r-1/?p=11692782

#143 chaosking121

chaosking121

Hoarder Of Games

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2012 - 04:33 PM

Underwhelming, yet you spent $90?

It's my first big sale and i only meant the flash deals and community votes being repeated and stuff. That "Game not available in your region" message showed up a lot yesterday as well. Kind of ticked me off even though I didn't really want them. That and EA games all cost 2.5 times as much here as well for some reason. Alice was 12.50 during the Flash Sale...

#144 headpiece747

headpiece747

I'm always angry

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2012 - 04:34 PM

Any recommendations on Auditorium? Looking at gameplay trailers and it looks like you look at a lot of colors on screen and you try to make the music connect. Just got it and wanted to see if I want to keep it.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#145 LazyTriangle

LazyTriangle

Bride of _____

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2012 - 04:34 PM

I played the Krater Beta, mostly because I was hoping for good things from Fatshark. The post-apocalyptic Swedish setting is cool and different but the combat was very bland and I've read that there are a host of other design issues, like having to replace your characters every five levels because they can't advance anymore. I'm not too enthused about it at this point.

Krater looks like a great candidate for the Humble Indie Bundle, I'm mildly interested in it but my backlog just got bigger with all the games I just got over the last few days, I think I will wait for it to go cheaper.

O6d6OER.jpg

#146 TraBuch

TraBuch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2012 - 04:35 PM

It's my first big sale and i only meant the flash deals and community votes being repeated and stuff. That "Game not available in your region" message showed up a lot yesterday as well. Kind of ticked me off even though I didn't really want them. That and EA games all cost 2.5 times as much here as well for some reason. Alice was 12.50 during the Flash Sale...

Wasn't Alice $4.99?

#147 Cheaplikeafox 3.0

Cheaplikeafox 3.0

Insufferable Asshole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2012 - 04:36 PM

Any recommendations on Auditorium? Looking at gameplay trailers and it looks like you look at a lot of colors on screen and you try to make the music connect. Just got it and wanted to see if I want to keep it.

Auditorium was in an Indie Royale bundle. There is a rumor that if enough people demand it they might bring back some of their bundles, but it is only a rumor. I haven't played it, but it is on my steam library so I might give it a try one day.

Can't get enough of the Fox?  Check out my CAG Blog:  http://www.cheapassg...ul-gamers-blog/

Learn how to get Assassin's Creed III, Bioshock Infinite, NBA 2K14 or other games for $1 (Steam):  http://www.cheapassg...r-1/?p=11692782

#148 LazyTriangle

LazyTriangle

Bride of _____

• CAGiversary!

Wasn't Alice $4.99?

yes it was

O6d6OER.jpg

#149 Dalrint

Dalrint

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

So is the Ys game in the indie bundle worth five dollars? What's it like? (beyond being an arpg...at least, that's what it looks like in the video).

Posted Image

Posted Image

#150 Trelow

Trelow

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2012 - 04:37 PM

I for one is relieved that Batmans came on sale again. Missed it this weekend.
Tempus Fugit, Memento Mori.

Posted Image
Posted Image