Photo
- - - - -

The Steam Deal Thread V4! Insert witty comment here.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
11094 replies to this topic

#241 dEvAnGeL

dEvAnGeL

sHaMe oN yOu!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2012 - 05:25 PM

So.. Safe to assume that KOA reckoning won't be on sale?

#242 Naked Snake Eyes

Naked Snake Eyes

What would Snake do?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2012 - 05:25 PM

SecuROM is a DRM suite and publishers can employ a number of different measures it offers. Pay attention to any that limit installs and avoid those. Particularly those that impose limits and offer little to no means of revoking the install.

SecuROM offers a revoke tool for many games so that you don't lose one of your installs. Occasionally, the publisher will opt for an enforcement that auto-renews X number of installs per month.

Other SecuROM implementations don't restrict installations at all and act as more of a "disc check".

Some people report issues with SecuROM. I personally have not experienced a single one. It's a very common method of DRM in PC games and it is not as invasive (or potentially destructive) as others.

I find it offensive when I could potentially be locked out of a game I purchased without due process or a reasonable means to regain access, but I am also not one of those people who vigilantly fight the use of any DRM as means of protection. I personally find SecuROM to be among the least problematic when it is not associated with an install limit. You kind of have to decide for yourself where you stand on the issue.

I found out today that the Securom on Arkham City has a revoke limit as well as an activation limit. Securom confirmed this via email. That's pretty ridiculous, I've never heard of this before. Someone on the Steam forums ran out of revokes but I was skeptical until now.

#243 Cojack426

Cojack426

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2012 - 05:26 PM

I paid $1.00 for Duke Nukem Forever last year and played through the entire game. I wasted a dollar and seven hours of my life. Do not buy that piece of shit game. I can not stress this enough DO NOT BUY THIS GAME!

#244 Rsmobile

Rsmobile

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

I don't get the love for Binary Domain. It was fun. But almost every shooter is fun. Spec Ops was more fun in my eyes.

That said, Amazon beat both. Your loss. Hell, you could preorder SO at this price from GMG

That said, buy both. If not now then at a lower price. They are both worth it. More fun than SR3 or SS3

#245 Tsel

Tsel

The Dark Knight

• CAGiversary!

Railworks for 90% off?!

453605.png
TheTsel.png

#246 SEH

SEH

Paul's sister is an alien

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2012 - 05:27 PM

I love that on Railworks, all the DLC looks to be 50% off, but even if you bought it all its still over $1000. Absolutely ridiculous.

Anyways, grabbed GTA4 today.

Lm9Ooqv.jpg

#247 BrolyB593

BrolyB593

I'm Cheap!

• CAGiversary!

I like the skins, it's really cool to play as regular gray+blue Batman.

I love running around with the Batman Beyond skin the most. It feels more noticably different than the other ones.

I love the insanely buff version of what was a fairly streamlined Batman. Also his lack of cape makes the combat look different a bit. With the cape then it is really cool to see it pop out as you start to glide.

#248 Naked Snake Eyes

Naked Snake Eyes

What would Snake do?

• CAGiversary!

Pretty safe.

#249 Spyder187

Spyder187

Scratch & Sniff!

• Banned

Posted 17 July 2012 - 05:28 PM

What was that about Brony men with succulent fruit?

Spoiler

Posted Image
Posted Image

i added a link to more wang pics.

#250 Naked Snake Eyes

Naked Snake Eyes

What would Snake do?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2012 - 05:28 PM

I love running around with the Batman Beyond skin the most. It feels more noticably different than the other ones.

I love the insanely buff version of what was a fairly streamlined Batman. Also his lack of cape makes the combat look different a bit. With the cape then it is really cool to see it pop out as you start to glide.

I've only tried gray+blue in one challenge map and Batman Inc a little bit too. Beyond looks pretty badass, I was curious about how he would fly. I got Batman Inc for free from GFW marketplace a few months ago, not sure if it's still available.

#251 The End

The End

It's a Prairie Dog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2012 - 05:29 PM

You know, if the Railworks DLC were 90% off as well, I'd probably pick up a crapload of them. As it is, I bought the Haulin' USA pack to get the included DLC for cheap (even though I already own the base game). I jumped on that sucker as soon as i saw it was 90% off. I was worried that if I waited a bit that they might decrease the discount percentage like they did to Frozen Synapse the other day.

#252 mightymek

mightymek

Welcome to the Gutter

• CAGiversary!

So I'm thinking about picking up Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic before it ends tonight for $2.49. I know it's only $2.49, but I am not a huge Star Wars fan at all. But I heard this game was amazing. Can any non-huge Star Wars fans recommend this to a fellow non-huge Star Wars fan? lol...thanks!

13374.png

Scars of Life is back in 2013. As heard on the UFC!
New album A HEART STILL BEATS is out now!  Be sure to check us out on iTunes: http://itunes.apple....-life/id6136926

#253 facls

facls

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Good enough price for Black Ops. Would've happily bought MW3 at $20.

Since I'm strictly a single player campaign guy, 20 bucks still seems high to me, though I might bite it. At 30, no way.

#254 lupe guillotine

lupe guillotine

so I bought Train Simulator 2012 and the Trains vs zombie dlc instead of GTA Collection...... am I doing it right? and stop recommending bad games, I am starting to buy them since they are cheap.

#255 Cheaplikeafox 3.0

Cheaplikeafox 3.0

Insufferable Asshole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2012 - 05:30 PM

Actually that Haulin' USA pack at $7.19 for 90% off doesn't look half bad... ;)

That is the discounted price.

No, seriously. It is.

As long as it comes with a train so I can play the Zombie expansion it is all mine :) Thanks Steam.

Can't get enough of the Fox?  Check out my CAG Blog:  http://www.cheapassg...ul-gamers-blog/

Learn how to get FREE and CHEAP games with Tremorgames: http://www.cheapassg...tremorgamescom/

#256 Taboner

Taboner

Let's Go Rangers!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2012 - 05:30 PM

What do you guys think of the GTA Trilogy pack? It comes with III, San Andreas, and Vice City. FOr only $7.49 and it's playable on a Mac. I would go for the complete package, but I'm a Mac gamer if you don't know that by now.

#257 JoeZiggadigga

JoeZiggadigga

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2012 - 05:31 PM

So I may actually make my first purchase today with the GTA complete pack. I found out the other day that my PS2 memory card is gone so I thought I would pick the games up on the PC. Do most mods tend to work with the Steam versions and are they easy to install for the various games? (I have never attempted to use mods on any PC game, ever.)

#258 Taboner

Taboner

Let's Go Rangers!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2012 - 05:31 PM

So I'm thinking about picking up Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic before it ends tonight for $2.49. I know it's only $2.49, but I am not a huge Star Wars fan at all. But I heard this game was amazing. Can any non-huge Star Wars fans recommend this to a fellow non-huge Star Wars fan? lol...thanks!

It's a Bioware game. That's all you need to know. ;)

#259 DarenDF

DarenDF

Don't Do this

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2012 - 05:32 PM

It's looking that way so I grabbed a copy of the ps3 version from best buy for $10 after the coupon in their magazine. Gonna leave it sealed til the sale is over though, in case a miracle happens.

#260 motoki

motoki

Entitled Hypocritical Playfire Pirate with Double Standards

• CAGiversary!

I wish I wouldn't have clicked the spoiler...

For real!

And let's be fair. I don't have hardly ANYTHING but haven't purchased for the past 2 days. Costume quest is the hemming and hawing object of the day. That's about it. I am disappointed. Especially when Amazon seems to be spanking Steam this year.

I guess it's all opinion and perspective. I thought the Paradox packs were excellent deals but Amazon has been pretty meh for me since then. Then again I don't really care for shooters much.

With Amazon the scope is usually a lot more narrow so if I don't like their Deal of the week or publisher stuff going on it's pretty much wait until the next sale. With the big Steam sales it's wait until the next day, plus there's a bunch of stuff I'm sitting on getting the last day just to make sure it doesn't go lower.

Also, Amazon really sucks for DLC and that kind of kills the deal for me sometimes too.

I fully realize that it's my own doing, but that doesn't mean I can't be disappointed when I can't take advantage of a sale.

Well maybe you guys just expect too much is all I'm saying. I mean it's a decent sale, particularly if you are just getting into PC gaming, but it's not going to fulfill your every desire.

Personally, I find it easier to keep my expectations low and then maybe get pleasantly surprised. :-P

I've already gotten more this sale than I expected to. (Besides Coconut Queen and Horrid Henry, I mean)

Short of a referendum from the voters of the State of Rhode Island probably not.

mdUFwSE.png

#261 Spaghetti Sunday

Spaghetti Sunday

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

On the Summer Sale Group page it says that Quantum Conundrum is among today's deal. However, I'm only seeing a 10% discount. Anyone else notice this?

#262 facls

facls

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

I paid $1.00 for Duke Nukem Forever last year and played through the entire game. I wasted a dollar and seven hours of my life. Do not buy that piece of shit game. I can not stress this enough DO NOT BUY THIS GAME!

Though I'd never recommend DNF, I thought it got better as it went along, but it starts really, really badly, and only near the end does it get somewhat enjoyable, occasionally. The Doctor DLC, however, is much better (not that it's great, mind you.... it's good). If you somewhat enjoyed DNF, I'd definitely recommend the new campaign DLC.

#263 Rsmobile

Rsmobile

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2012 - 05:33 PM

Since I'm strictly a single player campaign guy, 20 bucks still seems high to me, though I might bite it. At 30, no way.

SP only? Not worth it.

Actually, come to think of it, Blops's Zombies matchmaking was infuriating and the game was so unfocused that it was hard to like even though it had so much good

But yes, SP only? You know what you're getting so you'll know if it is worth it to you. I thought it was standard CoD fun with standard CoD bullcrap too.

#264 Symphonix

Symphonix

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2012 - 05:33 PM

It's a Bioware game. That's all you need to know. ;)

Hmm that might mean more if you rewind the clocks a bit.

#265 spiderman4657

spiderman4657

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2012 - 05:34 PM

You don't really have to be into star wars to like the game, before I played it I didn't really like star wars and now I am into it a bit well the old trilogy anyway. That being said the story is pretty epic as well as the characters and combat I actually bought the game 3 times. Once on Direct2drive another on steam and once for xbox.

#266 Poorleno

Poorleno

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Really wish the Stronghold Collection was on sale instead of Stronghold 3...
Posted Image

#267 viksmart

viksmart

Why doesn't steam just save my age so I don't have to keep clicking this stupid thing. Argh.... all this finger exercise!!!!! So folks tell me what to buy and what not to buy?

The new indie bundle good?

Duke nukem?

Limbo?
(> - _ -)><(*_*)><(Fuck)><(^ _ ^)>

#268 rirath

rirath

I'm certainly not trying to change your mind on this; but personally I can't bring myself to feel that way. I'd gladly pick up Duke for $1, and I feel like it'd be fun enough at 7 hours to play through and never touch again. I hear so many bad things about DNF, TFU2, etc... but really, they look like fairly decent, if unexceptional experiences to me. Myself, don't mind the occasional "okay" game along with the AAA's, so long as the price is right.

Honestly, if it's a "piece of shit game", why even keep playing?

#269 swift fix

swift fix

first person gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2012 - 05:35 PM

I would do it. Very cheap price for a great game. I still hold it as one of my favorite RPGs.

#270 motoki

motoki

Entitled Hypocritical Playfire Pirate with Double Standards

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2012 - 05:35 PM

You know, if the Railworks DLC were 90% off as well, I'd probably pick up a crapload of them. As it is, I bought the Haulin' USA pack to get the included DLC for cheap (even though I already own the base game). I jumped on that sucker as soon as i saw it was 90% off. I was worried that if I waited a bit that they might decrease the discount percentage like they did to Frozen Synapse the other day.

The USA Haulin' pack is 90% off.

http://store.steampo....com/sub/12399/

I'm thinking of getting it. Seriously. How is it?

mdUFwSE.png