Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

CAGLS: Madden 13 Gentlemen's League - We Finished! Thanks for Playing!

• Please log in to reply
11970 replies to this topic

#3811 Konfusion

Konfusion

Bleeding Purple and Black

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2012 - 12:35 AM

This whole conversation and ALL the stuff that has been said is because of what he originally posted on the subject. My .02 aside, I feel this could have and possibly should have been a subject in which should have been handled via PM. Instead we have been reading about this crap all day. Even N8 quasi apologized and tried to lay it to rest but here we are still going through this!

In my opinion, this is why we need more than one commissioner. If there were multiple guys who could discuss issues at any time, N8 wouldn't have to make all the decisions by himself and would be able to handle certain situations better. This problem is a perfect example. If N8 had been able to go to a select group of owners and say that he thought chetty and hemingway were too good to be in the league, then that would have been discussed by the group and then possibly discussed with those players via PM. Instead, the problem was brought up in public after a playoff loss to one of the teams in question. It doesn't have to be that way.

I definitely put up a lot of yards with Johnson, but I had at least 3 CPU games this season too. My team is also rated 76 and my defense is full of holes. Maybe you could argue that Chetty's team is on par with mine...but I lost 3 games this season. As for Hemingway, he's as good as he is and still took one of the best teams in the game (which is part of the reason I said Blade could be next in line too). I don't think comparing either of them to me is a valid comparison.

But the point stands, anybody who proves to be basically unbeatable has no place here. It's not about a range of skill, because I 100% agree with you...we're never going to get everyone totally equal. But I am nowhere close to unbeatable. There are enough people in this league who have exchanged beatings over the past two years (myself, doc, Kaster, DVO, pitfallharry, Dark Rider, Blade, Superstar, etc.) When these people play, the games are competitive enough that one team doesn't have to back off in the 3rd quarter so the score doesn't get out of hand.

None of us are at a level where we don't lose games reasonably often (though, if I'm being honest, I think Blade would be the next closest to "graduating"). Then we've gotten a lot of new guys this year who seem like they're either right there with us, or very close (I was going to name names here, but I started to realize it's almost everyone else). It's just crazy to look at two guys who are a combined 29-1 against the rest of the league and not think they're head and shoulders above everyone else.

I understand your issues with them and it was pretty clear they are on a different level just by looking at the decisions that they were making and their results on the field.

You did have a lot of games on your schedule that didn't look very competitive at all and maybe that was just a fluke based on CPU games and a potentially(I haven't looked) weaker schedule. Like I said, I have barely played any of you guys, so I could be wrong. I played a couple of the guys you mentioned and had competitive games, so hopefully that tells me something. I'm just looking forward to making roster moves of my own and playing in games that matter, starting with this offseason and hopefully going into next seasons games. Really bored here. My offer to play practice games outside the league still stands. Nobody has taken me up on that yet.

#3812 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2012 - 12:39 AM

Off topic - but I do actually respect and like you, we just have different opinions on things, haha.

I haven't played with you this year I don't think, but I think we're in the same boat. It sounds like you run because you have to. I pass because I have to, haha. I WISH I could run the ball. Once I can run like I can pass, then I'd probably think it would be time to move on. I think I am a decent passer, but I am a horrible runner.

Thanks. I appreciate that amongst all the butthole throttling I'm getting, lol (not that I'm not enjoying that too, haha). But yeah...basically. I know Chetty countered my claim about attributes by showing how low rated his guys were. And if that's true, I really just don't get it. I know when a blitz is coming. I can read it. But when my receivers get jammed, they just stand there getting mugged. If your guys don't have high release, how do you get around that?

Same thing on defense. I'm smart enough to know what style of play my opponent likes to use and when he's probably going to pass the ball (with Hemingway, I even know who he's throwing it to most of the time). But my corners have man coverage of like 86 and mid 70s press coverage. I can't user every player on the field, so if my AI players aren't capable, what can I do? I end up running a quarter coverage a lot of the time so I can double team as many receivers as possible...but then I'm really scraping the bottom of my depth chart.

And how are they getting these results out of mediocre QBs? I've got Jake Locker starting, and I've boosted his short throw and medium throw accuracy into the mid 80s. So, I can't see him really being much worse than Tannehill or Mallett. But I have him missing open receivers all the time. And I'm not trying to lead my guys or do anything fancy with it. I'm just throwing to who's open (when someone actually can get open). I just can't get the results these guys get from players who don't have the attributes to justify their performance. I'd love to hear somebody explain that to me.

#3813 Dark Rider

Dark Rider

Looks Dashing

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2012 - 12:47 AM

Anyone in the league up for a scrim in the next 10 minutes?

#3814 Blade3D

Blade3D

Grandmaster Swag

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2012 - 01:16 AM

49ers vs. Panthers tomorrow at 12PM CST
Posted ImagePosted Image

#3815 jza1218

jza1218

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2012 - 01:31 AM

Sounds like we could be advancing to the Super Bowl tomorrow.

#3816 Chetty12

Chetty12

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2012 - 01:38 AM

Phins over the pats 30-23. 5 interceptions and a hell of a game from my kicker were the difference. Gg

#3817 irideabike

irideabike

Posted 09 December 2012 - 03:15 AM

If anyone wants to scrimmage hit me up on xbl. Tag is "the joy of troy"

#3818 DVO21

DVO21

Non-Pro League

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2012 - 03:53 AM

cant wait till the offseason its going to be alot of fun at the start for me. :)

Madden 25

Official League Team: Bengals

Season 1: 0-0

Fans League Team: Possibly Chiefs

#3819 DVO21

DVO21

Non-Pro League

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2012 - 05:19 AM

we still havent filled the falcons yet, this really sucks i was hoping that they would have an owner by now i was hoping to make trades with them in the off season is aftershock still in that spot

Madden 25

#3820 KasterDB

KasterDB

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2012 - 05:31 AM

we still havent filled the falcons yet, this really sucks i was hoping that they would have an owner by now i was hoping to make trades with them in the off season is aftershock still in that spot

No, the guy from the official league took them, remember?

Check out my podcast, Kind of a Talk Show, on iTunes and like it at facebook.com/koats
166876.png

#3821 DVO21

DVO21

Non-Pro League

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2012 - 05:39 AM

wut guy lol i had no clue

Madden 25

#3822 pitfallharry219

pitfallharry219

It's go time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2012 - 06:01 AM

slofton, I think he has Cleveland in the other league.

#3823 DVO21

DVO21

Non-Pro League

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2012 - 06:04 AM

i guess i will contact him thanks. im hoping season 2 i can get the bengals atleast to the playoffs this time. im very happy about the 8-8 but i if i can get this offense going like my defense this team could be a real threat for the superbowl or atleast i hope so

Madden 25

#3824 slofton

slofton

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2012 - 11:36 AM

Quick two questions for me. What are all the teams opening up this offseason? Also, have their been any major trades done to the Atlanta roster? (No J. Jones, Ryan, White, etc. )

#3825 Dark Rider

Dark Rider

Looks Dashing

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2012 - 01:41 PM

Quick two questions for me. What are all the teams opening up this offseason? Also, have their been any major trades done to the Atlanta roster? (No J. Jones, Ryan, White, etc. )

I glanced at them. It doesn't appear that any major changes have been made. The whole offense is still the same.

#3826 Wpark83

Wpark83

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2012 - 02:43 PM

I'd be interested in picking up a team if there are any vacancies after this season ends.

#3827 Dark Rider

Dark Rider

Looks Dashing

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2012 - 03:23 PM

I'd be interested in picking up a team if there are any vacancies after this season ends.

Glad to hear you're interested! Nothing is available right now, but I am sure Nate would be happy to put you on the waiting list. Then we will let you know when a team opens up!

#3828 jza1218

jza1218

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2012 - 03:32 PM

Pretty sure there is going to be at least 1 team available after the playoffs are done.

#3829 irideabike

irideabike

Posted 09 December 2012 - 05:03 PM

Here's to hoping the CPU didn't end negotiations with anyone I wanted to keep. Is there anywhere I can look to see who is leaving?

#3830 KasterDB

KasterDB

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2012 - 05:10 PM

Here's to hoping the CPU didn't end negotiations with anyone I wanted to keep. Is there anywhere I can look to see who is leaving?

Not till the offseason. I know it did that to my guys while they were unowned, unless the previous owner ended negotiations.

#3831 jza1218

jza1218

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2012 - 05:09 PM

Go to the last tab, and then under personnel, go to salary. You can sort by salary for 2013, giving you an idea on whose contract is up.

#3832 irideabike

irideabike

Posted 09 December 2012 - 05:33 PM

Jeez, I'm losing half my team. Guess the CPU wanted to clean house. Thanks guys.
There are no shortcuts. No do-overs. What happened, happened. Trust me. I know. All of this matters.

Gentleman's League Record:
Season 1: 7-9 Missed Playoffs
Season 2: 18-1 Superbowl Champs

#3833 pitfallharry219

pitfallharry219

It's go time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2012 - 05:39 PM

Any of you guys want a free pizza from Papa John's? I won a free code, but it expires the 16th and they're still in the middle of construction on the new one near me. The next closest location is over 30 minutes away. I don't want it to go to waste, so the first post that wants it gets it.

#3834 irideabike

irideabike

Posted 09 December 2012 - 05:40 PM

I'll take it :)
There are no shortcuts. No do-overs. What happened, happened. Trust me. I know. All of this matters.

Gentleman's League Record:
Season 1: 7-9 Missed Playoffs
Season 2: 18-1 Superbowl Champs

#3835 pitfallharry219

pitfallharry219

It's go time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2012 - 05:40 PM

PM sent.

#3836 DVO21

DVO21

Non-Pro League

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2012 - 06:18 PM

shouldnt we start putting trades up for review so that way when the off season starts and we have to sign our own guys from our teams we will be able to figure the amount of caps we have to deal with

Madden 25

#3837 CAGLeagueSports

CAGLeagueSports

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2012 - 06:47 PM

shouldnt we start putting trades up for review so that way when the off season starts and we have to sign our own guys from our teams we will be able to figure the amount of caps we have to deal with

Yeah, I think that's reasonable. Feel free to start PM'ing me trade proposals and I'll forward them on to the committee.
Do you have what it takes to compete?

#3838 pitfallharry219

pitfallharry219

It's go time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2012 - 07:05 PM

I've got a lot of No's saved up. I can't wait to start using them. Just kidding. Maybe.

#3839 DVO21

DVO21

Non-Pro League

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2012 - 07:08 PM

well my trade has been put up for review hope i get the results i expect :)

Madden 25

#3840 pitfallharry219

pitfallharry219

It's go time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2012 - 07:16 PM

The NFC title game score looks like it's 14-7 Panthers in the 2nd quarter.