CAGLS: Madden 13 Gentlemen's League - We Finished! Thanks for Playing!

[quote name='pitfallharry219']You've got to remember we started late last year, and some members didn't pick up the game until the Black Friday sales, so those that are missing may not be the kind who get it on release.[/QUOTE]

Possibly. I still think interest will pick up once the demo is out though. And with the $15 credit that Amazon and TRU have been offering, waiting on a BF sale (likely $29.99) shouldn't be as big of a factor. I know the other league kicked things into high gear today, but we've all still got 3 weeks to wait.

And if I'm being completely honest, I think the official league should have used Doom/sprice's idea of having past champions in the same division (though, I guess you could argue that would "water down" the playoffs). The team lottery was a fantastic idea, but looking at the divisions, I kinda feel like the playoffs could very well end up looking exactly the same. Different teams, but same faces. I think you're lucky to be in the NFC East, which in my opinion is the most balanced and should be a lot of fun for you guys. But if I had to bet, I'd wager 4-5 of the divisions will see the same champion for the entire length of the franchise. The AFC South, in particular, is just going to get absolutely steamrolled by Doom. Those guys are in for a long year.

If I were some of those guys, I think I'd consider jumping ship for the less threatening waters of the Gentlemen's League, haha. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, I'm very happy with my draw in that league. The Giants weren't necessarily the top team I wanted, but with the way the lottery worked, I figured I'd have a decent shot getting them if I put them in my number one slot. And they are better than any team I had in that league last year, so that combined with getting better through this league will hopefully put me in a better position for a playoff run.

still a little slow in here i hope when the demo comes out it brings more attention to this place

I got in the other league, but I am still planning on playing in this one too unless 32 other people want to play who aren't in the other league.

Well, it's confirmed that the demo comes out Tuesday. Really looking forward to it. More info is starting to leak out about the features, and in theory, the changes sound great. I'm really amazed at how EA finally decided to take the real life complexities of running a team and incorporate them into online play. I can't wait for the free agent bidding and live draft system. It all sounds really awesome.

I had to spend the money I was going to use to Preorder Madden 13. I can still get it but it wouldn't be until my birthday, which is in November. I would hate to take someone's spot so put me down as Pending availability.

All right, wow. Numbers are dwindling before we even get started. I guess we'll find out if the demand for a second league is really only there after the game gets its first sale. I'm still hoping people will get the itch after watching some football on TV and getting their hands on the demo. Otherwise, we'll definitely need people who are wanting to double up.

ya plus if it doesnt work now im sure once black friday hits another league will be needed thats for sure

Yeah, we'll see how it goes. I'm definitely not giving up on starting in September...and I sure intend on playing some Madden. I still think more names will pop up. They might not be the "hardcore" players, but some people who probably aren't even planning on picking the game up might change their mind after playing the demo.

u should look on the waiting list of the offical league and send thoughs guys pms and see if they would like to play in this league. i saw a few new names on there waiting list as of late but never saw them come over here. they prolly dont realize that the two leagues are pretty much the exact same thing

[quote name='DVO21']u should look on the waiting list of the offical league and send thoughs guys pms and see if they would like to play in this league. i saw a few new names on there waiting list as of late but never saw them come over here. they prolly dont realize that the two leagues are pretty much the exact same thing[/QUOTE]

The thing about that is, once a spot opens in the other league, they will likely end up ghosting us in the process. So it's almost a temporary patch for the problem.

[quote name='HydroX']The thing about that is, once a spot opens in the other league, they will likely end up ghosting us in the process. So it's almost a temporary patch for the problem.[/QUOTE]

Maybe. Maybe not. By that same token, once some of the new players in the other league take some insane beatings from the top players over there, they may want to get the hell out and play in a league where they can compete. I could be wrong and maybe the new guys are really good too, but I don't know how anybody could tolerate going 3-13 season after season. That just doesn't sound like much fun to me.

i had some bad seasons over there and took lotso f beating but i also had the jaguars and still had fun over there. but i still dont think its a bad idea to ask there waiting list to come and join

i would be interested in joining Freaky 2cool187 Cool_iam

mon-tues 12pm 11pm wed-thurs after 9pm fridays depends on work sat-sun 5pm until

[quote name='DVO21']hey n8 seeing that there isnt many of us how r u planning on giving people teams[/QUOTE]

That info is in the OP. There's basically a fairly simple hierarchy to it.

I played in this league last year and had to drop out randomly due to getting out of the military and moving. I would like to join back up. I'm available, sunday & monday after 8pm cst tuesday anytime wednesday & thursday after 8pm cst and friday and saturday anytime

[quote name='Aft3rSh0ck24']I played in this league last year and had to drop out randomly due to getting out of the military and moving. I would like to join back up. I'm available, sunday & monday after 8pm cst tuesday anytime wednesday & thursday after 8pm cst and friday and saturday anytime[/QUOTE]

Awesome! Glad to have you back, man! Though, you're going to have to remind me what your Gamertag is. I can't remember if it's the same as your CAG name or not.

quick question
whats happens if real life nfl trades are put into the game.
as in what if the rams redskins trade is put in the game so that the rams have the redskins draft picks. will we leave it as is then.
and what will we do if there is an on/off switch that u can either turn off the real life nfl trades or leave them on what would we do then?

only asking becuz i remember reading that the EA sports planned on honoring real life trades i nthe game such as that trade not sure if it was true or not but just trying to figure out what we would do in that case. i dont remember where i read it or i post the the link

also read that if our league isnt full that the computer teams will offer trades to other computer teams and even us. this game is going to be insane how great its going to be

my gamertag is the same as my name on here my team selection would go like this if possible 1. Atlanta Falcons 2. San Fran 49ers 3. GB Packers

[quote name='DVO21']quick question
whats happens if real life nfl trades are put into the game.
as in what if the rams redskins trade is put in the game so that the rams have the redskins draft picks. will we leave it as is then.
and what will we do if there is an on/off switch that u can either turn off the real life nfl trades or leave them on what would we do then?

only asking becuz i remember reading that the EA sports planned on honoring real life trades i nthe game such as that trade not sure if it was true or not but just trying to figure out what we would do in that case. i dont remember where i read it or i post the the link

also read that if our league isnt full that the computer teams will offer trades to other computer teams and even us. this game is going to be insane how great its going to be[/QUOTE]

If they're built into the game, and there's no option to turn them off, then I guess we just have to deal with it. If there is an option to not honor them though, I'd prefer that. Reason being, the teams are the teams, and people choose their team knowing what players they have.

It's not exactly fair to handicap one owner in the ability to build his team because in real life, the GM didn't care about mortgaging the next several drafts. And conversely, it's not really fair for somebody to just have more draft picks through no doing of their own. To me, it makes more sense to just start everybody out with a clean slate and say "build your team".

Oh, and if the league isn't full, yeah...we'll just let the CPU handle itself this year. I'd most likely want to bump the difficulty up to All-Madden, just to make the CPU games a little more relevant, but yeah...with them functioning in a very "human" like manner (assuming EA doesn't have them doing incredibly stupid things), hopefully it won't be as much of a bother if we have any empty teams.

And in case anyone is wondering, yes...the salary cap will be on, and it will be how teams are kept in check in terms of trades, free agent signings, etc.

[quote name='CAGLeagueSports']If they're built into the game, and there's no option to turn them off, then I guess we just have to deal with it. If there is an option to not honor them though, I'd prefer that. Reason being, the teams are the teams, and people choose their team knowing what players they have.

It's not exactly fair to handicap one owner in the ability to build his team because in real life, the GM didn't care about mortgaging the next several drafts. And conversely, it's not really fair for somebody to just have more draft picks through no doing of their own. To me, it makes more sense to just start everybody out with a clean slate and say "build your team".[/QUOTE]

well i guess we have to wait and see. but i kinda like the idea of real life trades becuz of the fact that is going to be so real with contracts salary caps. but i do get where ur coming from with the clean slate.

all madden sounds like field goals are gonig to be ruff this year. lol

[quote name='DVO21']so what day are u going to make the offical day to have us all pick teams.[/QUOTE]

Don't really know yet. We'll probably give it another week or so.

One other thing I wanted to touch on, having played the demo now, I feel like I'm still leaning toward having the difficulty set at All-Madden. Yes, there are some things the CPU does that I feel are cheap, or bounces they get simply because the difficulty is higher. But at the same time, I don't want us having incredibly stupid AI because we're playing on a lower difficulty. I know the other league was talking about sticking with All-Pro, but personally, I guess I want to see the game performing at its top level. Then, any shortcomings it has are just "how EA made it" and not because of any option we're not utilizing...if that makes sense.

well i tried both levels today in two games each. tried some things to test both AI's and well i found AM to be very cheap compared to AP. i think AP is better also for people playing in both leagues considering we might have alot of guys doing both and with the kicking being insane as always in AM people that play in the other league this one will have to adjust all the time to the kicks speeds. im starting to recruit hardcore for this league im glad i could get ahold of aftershock and get him in here i think i can get atleast 2 or 3 more people just give me a fews days and let me see what i can do

Well, I will say, if this dropped pass bullshit is a result of All-Madden, I might change my mind (I've only played one game on All-Pro and like 4-5 on All-Madden). I just went 8-19 with Flynn with 4 drops. 20% of your pass attempts shouldn't be dropped (and these were wide open, all by himself, receiver looking right at the ball drops). That's ridiculous. As much as I want more intelligent AI, if this is EA's answer to "higher difficulty", I'm not impressed.

EDIT - It appears drops aren't an All-Madden thing. Just played an All-Pro game, and was 13 of 25 with Eli with 5 drops...20% holding true. I get that some of it is timing, and the new "receiver must be paying attention" thing. But it's not a drop unless it hits them in the hands...so I'm not really sure what to make of this. Seems a bit excessive.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, looks like real life trades are built into the game. I've gotta say, if EA actually understood how all of the draft day trades are supposed to work and how to implement them, more power to them. They're really pushing the envelope this year.

who say he wants the rams lol. lets pick teams before he gets here. i just wish i knew who my team is in this league but i already have my eye on the team i want in this league

[quote name='DVO21']who say he wants the rams lol. lets pick teams before he gets here. i just wish i knew who my team is in this league but i already have my eye on the team i want in this league[/QUOTE]

The Rams are his favorite team. Pretty sure he never uses anybody else. I haven't seen him around CAG since the JV League ended though, so I have no idea if he's getting Madden at launch or not.

im hoping that we can figure out a way to land atleast 10 more people for this league before the start. would be worried about going in with a low amount and trying to pull people in the league half way through no telling how much movements the cpu will make.

also curious to know will we be aloud to make trade offers to the cpu since they have a new system made where the cpu is alot smart than before?
im just really glad i could get aftershock is back brings a great player to the league.

n8 did u contact everyone on the offical league waiting list if not i could try to

[quote name='DVO21']im hoping that we can figure out a way to land atleast 10 more people for this league before the start. would be worried about going in with a low amount and trying to pull people in the league half way through no telling how much movements the cpu will make.

also curious to know will we be aloud to make trade offers to the cpu since they have a new system made where the cpu is alot smart than before?
im just really glad i could get aftershock is back brings a great player to the league.

n8 did u contact everyone on the offical league waiting list if not i could try to[/QUOTE]

Yeah, counting everybody from the "pending availability" list, we've got 11 people right now (though I did talk to someone today about possibly joining). Really, it would be nice if we had at least 20...but we'll see how it goes.

As for CPU trade offers, as long as it's not incredibly broken (ie. "Kevin Kolb for Drew Brees? SURE!!!", I'd have no problem with it. Honestly, having the salary cap in place SHOULD prevent most unrealistic trades. People are going to really have to look and see what players are even moveable.

And yeah, I PM'd everybody on their waiting list. Cool_iAM was the only one to respond.

[quote name='Blade3D']I'm still down to play...[/QUOTE]

Yep, you're on the "pending availability" list. The only "condition" you guys will have is just not getting to pick your team until the people only playing in this league have picked theirs. That's part of the reason I'm waiting a bit before we pick teams. Just want to make sure that all the people who plan on getting this game get a chance to sign up.

well i read that the computer acutally will turn down trades they dont like or dont work for there system so it should be quite interesting i already know i have a few players from a few teams that i have my eye on trying to make trades for whether its computer or human. and now that project is way different i dont really mind trading players that have high dollar contracts and skills away since u can pretty much build a player to ur style of play pretty well.

I know they put out settings guidelines for the most realistic settings in ncaa it might not be a bad idea to look into guidelines for most realistic gameplay for madden 13. Just an idea.

I am very interested. I am a new Madden player would love to play in a league and learn the game better from you guys. I don't mind being a punching bag ;)

DaddyBoJangles | DaddyBoJangles | EST | Weekdays - 10pm-1am EST/Weekends - 10PM-whenever.

I know my start times are late, I can only play at nights.

[quote name='DaddyBoJangles']I am very interested. I am a new Madden player would love to play in a league and learn the game better from you guys. I don't mind being a punching bag ;)

DaddyBoJangles | DaddyBoJangles | EST | Weekdays - 10pm-1am EST/Weekends - 10PM-whenever.

I know my start times are late, I can only play at nights.[/QUOTE]

Sounds good, man! We're glad to have you.

[quote name='Twick87']Just sent u a PM. I'm def in for this league.[/QUOTE]

Awesome! Well, this is a great way to start the day. Two new sign ups within two hours. I like it.

See, DVO. I told you we needed to wait, haha. ;)

hey im all for it bro the more the better i just hope i can land my team that i want to get. im almost positive its not a highly desired team so chance are good or atleast i hope so. u never know if the team has a fan in the league or not

If there's still room I'd like to sign up for the league. I could also get my brother to sign up. Obviously, we'd be first time players and only in this league. Both of us our active and play fairly.

[quote name='Chetty12']If there's still room I'd like to sign up for the league. I could also get my brother to sign up. Obviously, we'd be first time players and only in this league. Both of us our active and play fairly.[/QUOTE]

ya theres room for both of teams havent been picked yet so its wide open just have ur brother and u put in ur info as in xbl gamer tag and times during the week that ur open to play.

N8 i dont even want to hear it but yes thats now 5 in 1 day i know ;)

also to answer ur question for the offical league i did notice they do manage the clock oddly during points late in the game but i also noticed them playing smart so i guess it just depends on the AI's mood i guess. as for ur playaction play idk what to say about that at all when i had the lead late the game told me to kneel

[quote name='Chetty12']If there's still room I'd like to sign up for the league. I could also get my brother to sign up. Obviously, we'd be first time players and only in this league. Both of us our active and play fairly.[/QUOTE]

Sounds great, man! Does your brother have a CAG account? I just want to know what to put in the OP for how to get in touch with him. I mean, obviously, people can go through you. But that can get pretty taxing, and it would be easier if he could message people himself.

We'll be glad to have both of you though. It's nice to see us getting closer to that 20 team mark...which is the minimum I was hoping we'd see.

[quote name='DVO21']N8 i dont even want to hear it but yes thats now 5 in 1 day i know ;) [/QUOTE]

Ha, yeah. I just want everybody to stay patient. I know we're all excited, but there's really not much to be gained from picking teams already. For that matter, we've gotta make sure that everybody who has signed up actually ends up getting the game.

[quote name='DVO21']also to answer ur question for the offical league i did notice they do manage the clock oddly during points late in the game but i also noticed them playing smart so i guess it just depends on the AI's mood i guess. as for ur playaction play idk what to say about that at all when i had the lead late the game told me to kneel[/QUOTE]

Weird...maybe my demo is broken, lol. Maybe I should delete it and redownload it.

bread's done
Back