Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

CAGLS: Madden 13 Gentlemen's League - We Finished! Thanks for Playing!

• Please log in to reply
11970 replies to this topic

#4441 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2012 - 01:08 AM

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSqOfLV6BbQ-awR-JU7Q5af1oNFM7JmbqgYBCqGg4tkjKFgdE53slT2mWNt7w

LMAO...that's awesome.

Oh, one more piece of news. I got a PM from Swift900 today, and he's dropping from the league as well. Fortunately, he didn't leave the league, so we don't have to worry about any CPU tom foolery. But yeah...the Steelers are open now as well.

#4442 CAGLeagueSports

CAGLeagueSports

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2012 - 01:08 AM

One more time...

IMPORTANT

Stage 2 Instructions

NO ONE is to make any contract offers to players who were not on your team this past season. Again, you will ONLY be allowed to negotiate with your own free agents. On 12/13 at 7:30 PM EST, free agency will be opened completely (barring any other catastrophic EA Fuck ups).

Also, when you're done making offers to your players this week, please select "Ready To Advance". This could help us GREATLY cut down on the planned 24 hour window that we're taking for each stage.\

And one last thing, we need everyone in the league to be watchdogs to make sure everything is going according to policy. Things that would stand out is any player having multiple offers on him. That shouldn't be happening right now. Or if you see one of your players with an offer from another team...make sure to say something. I'm not expecting any devious intent from people. But mistakes do happen too.

Edited by CAGLeagueSports, 13 December 2012 - 01:19 AM.

Do you have what it takes to compete?

#4443 jza1218

jza1218

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2012 - 01:11 AM

ok i sandwhich was made and i ate lol also i see a few players i have my eye on that i would love to sign once the time comes

Posted Image

#4444 Konfusion

Konfusion

Bleeding Purple and Black

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2012 - 01:14 AM

If I release a player who has a cap penalty, how does that work? Does penalty just wipe out that cap space? Like if I had 10 million in cap space and released a player with a 5 million cap penalty, do I now have 5 million in cap space? Never really been in this situation before. One of the owners before me re-signed Bryant McKinnie to a big deal and his rating plummeted from an 89 to a 75. I wasn't interested in him before his rating took a hit. Really put me in a bad spot here, especially since Ray Lewis didn't retire and clear his cap number.

#4445 DVO21

DVO21

Non-Pro League

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2012 - 01:13 AM

swift prolly left becuz the steelers cap space is real tight and prolly didnt want to deal with it. other leagues owner had the same problem but didnt quit though

Madden 25

Official League Team: Bengals

Season 1: 0-0

Fans League Team: Possibly Chiefs

#4446 irideabike

irideabike

Posted 13 December 2012 - 01:16 AM

Players on the block from the Lions. Looking for draft picks, LB, SS, FS, CB's.

RE K Vanden Bosch RE 86 OVR,
WR N Burleson 93 SPD, 91 AGI, 91 ACC, 91 ELU
LT Jeff Backus
WR Titus Young 93 SPD, 95 AGI, 97 ACC, 95 ELU
RT G Cherilus

That's it for now. I'm sure I'll find some others to part with later.
There are no shortcuts. No do-overs. What happened, happened. Trust me. I know. All of this matters.

Gentleman's League Record:
Season 1: 7-9 Missed Playoffs
Season 2: 18-1 Superbowl Champs

#4447 Blade3D

Blade3D

Grandmaster Swag

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2012 - 01:16 AM

If I release a player who has a cap penalty, how does that work? Does penalty just wipe out that cap space? Like if I had 10 million in cap space and released a player with a 5 million cap penalty, do I now have 5 million in cap space? Never really been in this situation before. One of the owners before me re-signed Bryant McKinnie to a big deal and his rating plummeted from an 89 to a 75. I wasn't interested in him before his rating took a hit. Really put me in a bad spot here, especially since Ray Lewis didn't retire and clear his cap number.

Click to release them, it will tell you how much you will save and how much you will have to pay. Just make sure to click not to release them if you don't want to.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#4448 DVO21

DVO21

Non-Pro League

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2012 - 01:17 AM

well im glad i havent lost any key players from my defense now so time to start working on offense once we can start signing guys and time to fill gaps in the depth of my defense :) off season is exciting but i have to wait to do anything lol

Madden 25

#4449 Konfusion

Konfusion

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2012 - 01:20 AM

Click to release them, it will tell you how much you will save and how much you will have to pay. Just make sure to click not to release them if you don't want to.

This is what I am asking. I have around 10 million in cap space. If I release McKinnie, It says I will free 3.42 in cap room, but incur a penalty of $4.8 million. Does that mean I will lose $1.38 million in cap space if I release him?

#4450 KasterDB

KasterDB

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2012 - 01:22 AM

This is what I am asking. I have around 10 million in cap space. If I release McKinnie, It says I will free 3.42 in cap room, but incur a penalty of $4.8 million. Does that mean I will lose $1.38 million in cap space if I release him?

Yes.

Check out my podcast, Kind of a Talk Show, on iTunes and like it at facebook.com/koats
166876.png

#4451 Konfusion

Konfusion

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2012 - 01:24 AM

Yes.

Well that sucks. If I trade a player, that penalty also applies, correct?

#4452 KasterDB

KasterDB

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2012 - 01:25 AM

Well that sucks. If I trade a player, that penalty also applies, correct?

Don't think so, since whoever you trade him to will be on the hook for his contract at that point.

Check out my podcast, Kind of a Talk Show, on iTunes and like it at facebook.com/koats
166876.png

#4453 DVO21

DVO21

Non-Pro League

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2012 - 01:28 AM

the bonus stays with the team that made the contract with him its the same as releasing a player

Madden 25

#4454 Blade3D

Blade3D

Grandmaster Swag

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2012 - 01:29 AM

Don't think so, since whoever you trade him to will be on the hook for his contract at that point.

I thought the bonus had to be paid by the original team
Posted ImagePosted Image

#4455 DVO21

DVO21

Non-Pro League

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2012 - 01:29 AM

lol advancing to this week has done nothing for me i have no one to sign :(

Madden 25

#4456 Blade3D

Blade3D

Grandmaster Swag

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2012 - 01:33 AM

Well I don't want to advance again till I find out about these trades lol.

I am in the same boat though. I have no money to sign anyone even if I did. I got $630k to play with.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#4457 irideabike

irideabike

Posted 13 December 2012 - 01:34 AM

Jeez DVO21 didn't take your meds today eh lol. You seem like you're going nuts with us not advancing fast enough :P
There are no shortcuts. No do-overs. What happened, happened. Trust me. I know. All of this matters.

#4458 slofton

slofton

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2012 - 01:34 AM

Sure do wish you could see the attributes of the FAs

#4459 DVO21

DVO21

Non-Pro League

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2012 - 01:33 AM

ya im waiting on trades too i already cut the dead weight guys that are getting paid to much lol

Madden 25

#4460 Superstar

Superstar

CAG Superstar!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2012 - 01:35 AM

Are we able to make offers to anyone in the free agent pool? Just got home so I am not sure if it was stated or not - sorry!

Edit: nevermind I see now :P

#4461 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2012 - 01:36 AM

Then I hope you've clicked "Raady To Advance" ;)

I'm actually done too. It really didn't take long. Just had to find my guys, and decide who I wanted to make offers to. I made offers to 8 of the 15 guys who ended up at free agents. I'm a little nervous though, as I think ever single one of them said their interest in my team was "very low". As long as that's the same as it would have been last week, I'm fine with it though.

#4462 Blade3D

Blade3D

Grandmaster Swag

• CAGiversary!

Are we able to make offers to anyone in the free agent pool? Just got home so I am not sure if it was stated or not - sorry!

Only players that were on your team last year.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#4463 jza1218

jza1218

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

I checked this out today. When I get back to the office I can show you what I used to help compute. Not 100% sure of its veracity but it was recommended by operation sports so....

#4464 Blade3D

Blade3D

Grandmaster Swag

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2012 - 01:37 AM

Then I hope you've clicked "Raady To Advance" ;)

I'm actually done too. It really didn't take long. Just had to find my guys, and decide who I wanted to make offers to. I made offers to 8 of the 15 guys who ended up at free agents. I'm a little nervous though, as I think ever single one of them said their interest in my team was "very low". As long as that's the same as it would have been last week, I'm fine with it though.

Pretty much everyone gets low because the legacy of our coaches is not very high yet.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#4465 irideabike

irideabike

Posted 13 December 2012 - 01:37 AM

no, its been stated multiple times only make offers your own teams free agents.

#4466 CAGLeagueSports

CAGLeagueSports

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2012 - 01:38 AM

For the new page...and for Superstar (who I'm thankful asked first)

IMPORTANT

Stage 2 Instructions

NO ONE is to make any contract offers to players who were not on your team this past season. Again, you will ONLY be allowed to negotiate with your own free agents. On 12/13 at 7:30 PM EST, free agency will be opened completely (barring any other catastrophic EA Fuck ups).

Also, when you're done making offers to your players this week, please select "Ready To Advance". This could help us GREATLY cut down on the planned 24 hour window that we're taking for each stage.\

And one last thing, we need everyone in the league to be watchdogs to make sure everything is going according to policy. Things that would stand out is any player having multiple offers on him. That shouldn't be happening right now. Or if you see one of your players with an offer from another team...make sure to say something. I'm not expecting any devious intent from people. But mistakes do happen too.
Do you have what it takes to compete?

#4467 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2012 - 01:39 AM

Pretty much everyone gets low because the legacy of our coaches is not very high yet.

Ah, well that makes me feel better. Thank you for that.

#4468 DVO21

DVO21

Non-Pro League

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2012 - 01:39 AM

Jeez DVO21 didn't take your meds today eh lol. You seem like you're going nuts with us not advancing fast enough :P

lol well lets see here
i took 4 muscle relaxers today so far
3 pills for my PTSD
my pill for ADHD (who would have seen this coming right)
and in about an 1 hour i have to take a pill to make me sleep, then another pill with that to stop night terrors, and another pill to relax my body in my sleep to keep me from sleep walking.

ya ive pretty much taken them all today.
worst part is the things listed above isnt a joke.
2 deployments all served as active duty infantry in the good ol 10th mountain :D

Madden 25

#4469 Superstar

Superstar

CAG Superstar!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2012 - 01:40 AM

Hey I asked this yesterday but it got lost in all the madness:

Is there a way I can make my own coach for the saints? I took over this team and I'd like to make my own guy. It's not important haha - just curious.

Edit: I also wish I made a list of guys I couldn't make offers too. :P

#4470 Blade3D

Blade3D

Grandmaster Swag

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2012 - 01:42 AM

I sit here continuously refreshing hoping trade reviews will be posted lol
Posted ImagePosted Image