Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

CAGLS: Madden 13 Gentlemen's League - We Finished! Thanks for Playing!

• Please log in to reply
11970 replies to this topic

#6181 jza1218

jza1218

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 06:42 AM

Quick! Score two TDs in the first quarter! :)

Like that's hard against me.

#6182 slofton

slofton

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 06:45 AM

We should compete well then. My one win in madden 13. Ugh. Lol. I'm like 1-23

#6183 GamerDude316

GamerDude316

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 11:50 AM

Yeah, if I'm getting my ass kicked and my opponent breaks a run, I have no issue with him scoring either. Its still my responsibility to try and stop you from getting into the endzone and if I fail at that? Shame on me and I should pay for it by getting an even worse final score.

#6184 Wpark83

Wpark83

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 03:44 PM

While this shot is cheap and unneeded and really doesn't deserve a response, here goes. I played Steggy last night and his run defense is lacking, to put it mildly. I found myself up 21-0 with quite a bit of time left in the first quarter. I let my foot off the gas and it was 28-28 before I knew it. The Vikings were right to keep on playing, and I'm sure there was no intention of embarrassing Steggy.

I've played Kaster enough in this league, both this year and last, to know that he doesn't play like a shithead. I'm sure I'm not the only one with this opinion.

No no no, I'm sorry, it wasn't meant to be a shot.

My reasoning for mentioning it is that no one mentioned anything about seeing a score like 49-7, but made a big deal about it. I don't think the score should ever dictate how you play, because in a video game you just never know what's going to happen. that's why with the whole throwing on first down thing up 11 or whatever, I don't see it as a big deal. It's just part of the game.

If on first down he started throwing hail marys, or going for it on 4th, or something that is obviously a slap in the face, that's another.

Didn't mean my comment as a slight to anyone, my apologies.

#6185 Wpark83

Wpark83

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 03:46 PM

Quick, before possibly taking vague potshots at me, know a few things:
1) I threw either 1 or 0 passes in the second half, I can't quite remember. Either way, that seems reasonable.
2) There's a reason I pointed out Peterson's 30 touches to Ponder's 9.
3) Most of my drives started inside his 40.
4) The entire fourth quarter I ran the exact same play. Iso out of the I-Form to Peterson. Every time.

Steggy never said he had an issue with how I played. If he did, I apologize and will gladly take a strike or warning or whatever.

Also, in case this wasn't a vague potshot at me, well, it's still good to explain it from my side.

Cool? Cool.

Again, my apologies at such a vague post at midnight. I don't feel ANYONE should explain how they played. I think it's very clear when someone is playing like an asshole and when they aren't I don't think it should ever be dictated by score how you play the game. There are very belligerent things you can do in this game at any point, whether it's tied or you have a lead.

#6186 DVO21

DVO21

Non-Pro League

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 04:02 PM

Looking to move WR Mathews and a 2nd rounder for a firat round pick. He can catch the ball all day

Madden 25

Official League Team: Bengals

Season 1: 0-0

Fans League Team: Possibly Chiefs

#6187 Docb9110

Docb9110

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 04:08 PM

Looking to move WR Mathews and a 2nd rounder for a firat round pick. He can catch the ball all day

Pm me his stats! I'm willing to give up spiller?

#6188 Blade3D

Blade3D

Grandmaster Swag

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 04:12 PM

Pm me his stats! I'm willing to give up spiller?

Lol omg you 2

Check Out My Podcast

Rival Bits

Video Games, Movies, and TV

https://itunes.apple...d884775591?mt=2

181104.pngblade3d.png

#6189 CAGLeagueSports

CAGLeagueSports

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 04:14 PM

No no no, I'm sorry, it wasn't meant to be a shot.

My reasoning for mentioning it is that no one mentioned anything about seeing a score like 49-7, but made a big deal about it. I don't think the score should ever dictate how you play, because in a video game you just never know what's going to happen. that's why with the whole throwing on first down thing up 11 or whatever, I don't see it as a big deal. It's just part of the game.

If on first down he started throwing hail marys, or going for it on 4th, or something that is obviously a slap in the face, that's another.

Didn't mean my comment as a slight to anyone, my apologies.

It wasn't brought up because of the score though. I was told how the end of the game was handled...which is an issue that has come up before with this owner (not trying to make it a bigger issue, doc. Just explaning the situation for people who weren't here last time).

The purpose of this league is to play like a real coach. A real coach would have the presence of mind to recognize that his opponent had just kicked a field goal instead of trying for a TD and had kicked the ball deep instead of going for an onside kick. That might as well be waving a white flag (though an argument could be made that neither of those things would be likely to happen in real life...as it may be more likely for the losing team to just go for it on 4th down, and if they failed, then the winning team would DEFINITELY run the clock out).

But either way, with 1:20 left in the game, they are CLEARLY capable of running out the clock (or even just taking a knee depending on the timeout situation). A "need" to throw it on 1st down in that situation is not "part of the game". It's a douchey play call. The fact that the issue constantly comes up in here frightens me. I'll remind everyone that they're supposed to be playing with class and sportsmanship.
Do you have what it takes to compete?

#6190 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 04:17 PM

Lol omg you 2

Now, now. He might not be willing to give up Spiller. It feels very up in the air to me.

Posted Image

#6191 Wpark83

Wpark83

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 04:20 PM

The purpose of this league is to play like a real coach. A real coach would have the presence of mind to recognize that his opponent had just kicked a field goal instead of trying for a TD and had kicked the ball deep instead of going for an onside kick.

Unless your last name is Carroll. ;)

God, I hate that man.

#6192 CAGLeagueSports

CAGLeagueSports

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 04:23 PM

Unless your last name is Carroll. ;)

God, I hate that man.

Or Greg Schiano. But I try to hold our members to a higher standard than the shittiest coaches in the NFL, lol. We can do better than that.

#6193 DVO21

DVO21

Non-Pro League

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 04:29 PM

Or Greg Schiano. But I try to hold our members to a higher standard than the shittiest coaches in the NFL, lol. We can do better than that.

Seahawks r in the playoffs cant be that bad

Madden 25

#6194 KasterDB

KasterDB

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 04:32 PM

Seahawks r in the playoffs cant be that bad

Right but the Seahawks were running fake punts and going for it on fourth down while up by 35, that's the issue.

#6195 DVO21

DVO21

Non-Pro League

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 04:41 PM

Right but the Seahawks were running fake punts and going for it on fourth down while up by 35, that's the issue.

Ya i know it was a joke but i dont think pete carrol is a bad coach i think he has donw alot for that team be he comes off as a douche for thongs such as u mentiones above.

Madden 25

#6196 Wpark83

Wpark83

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 04:42 PM

Ya i know it was a joke but i dont think pete carrol is a bad coach i think he has donw alot for that team be he comes off as a douche for thongs such as u mentiones above.

Yeah man, his thongs are gross.

#6197 pitfallharry219

pitfallharry219

It's go time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 04:44 PM

Speaking of thongs,
Spoiler

#6198 billymcdugal

billymcdugal

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 04:44 PM

assuming your talking about the bills seahawks game, I'm a huge bills fan and I was watching the whole game and I felt that the whole going for the fake punt outrage was wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy overblown. I know why he did it. To make people spend that much more time preparing for it when they meet them. Now if this was a real league and we watched game tape of over teams (aka getting paid to do it) then I'd see the value in showing more of your wrinkles even when the game is blown out. But I really doubt many people are watching my replays, although you should, its a good time.

#6199 DVO21

DVO21

Non-Pro League

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 04:50 PM

Yeah man, his thongs are gross.

On my cell phone that wasnt the only mis type i noticed

Madden 25

#6200 KasterDB

KasterDB

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 04:53 PM

Again, my apologies at such a vague post at midnight. I don't feel ANYONE should explain how they played. I think it's very clear when someone is playing like an asshole and when they aren't I don't think it should ever be dictated by score how you play the game. There are very belligerent things you can do in this game at any point, whether it's tied or you have a lead.

I appreciate the apology, but I also appreciate you seeing a weird score line and wanting to know what's up. Obviously, next time take a look at the stats first ;)

Posted Image

#6201 Dark Rider

Dark Rider

Looks Dashing

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 05:05 PM

Speaking of thongs,

Spoiler

Speaking of thongs,
Spoiler

#6202 Blade3D

Blade3D

Grandmaster Swag

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 05:29 PM

Not trying to pressure y'all or anything but any update on my trade?

Check Out My Podcast

Rival Bits

181104.pngblade3d.png

#6203 Wpark83

Wpark83

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 06:04 PM

I appreciate the apology, but I also appreciate you seeing a weird score line and wanting to know what's up. Obviously, next time take a look at the stats first ;)

Posted Image

Yeah man, it's no prob. I think the main point from my perspective is, as long as you aren't a flippant asshole while playing me, you can run your team however you want.

EDIT:

Actually, I'd like to make that proclamation to the entire league. I will always play to get back into a game, regardless of how much I'm losing by. Again, my mindset is, it's a video game, and you never know what can happen. So I'll keep trying to score TD's to get back into a game. So, I'll never expect anyone playing me to take your foot off the gas. If you want to, that's cool, but I won't expect you to.

Edited by Wpark83, 04 January 2013 - 06:17 PM.

#6204 CAGLeagueSports

CAGLeagueSports

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 07:10 PM

Yeah man, it's no prob. I think the main point from my perspective is, as long as you aren't a flippant asshole while playing me, you can run your team however you want.

EDIT:

Actually, I'd like to make that proclamation to the entire league. I will always play to get back into a game, regardless of how much I'm losing by. Again, my mindset is, it's a video game, and you never know what can happen. So I'll keep trying to score TD's to get back into a game. So, I'll never expect anyone playing me to take your foot off the gas. If you want to, that's cool, but I won't expect you to.

Statements like this are fine as long as you understand there is a league policy on this. We just talked about it the other day. If you're up by 3 scores in the 4th quarter, you're expected to run the ball and chew clock. This doesn't mean you can't throw to pick up a 1st down and keep a drive alive. But your offense should be drastically scaled back at that point.

And when the clock ticks down to the point that you can run it out (ie. under 2 minutes), you're expected to do that as well. We've had the "it doesn't bother me, bro" argument before. But people are still expected to follow league policy.

#6205 CAGLeagueSports

CAGLeagueSports

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 07:12 PM

Not trying to pressure y'all or anything but any update on my trade?

You can't pressure us because one of the players you're trying to trade for isn't eligible to be traded until we advance to Week 3. You won't hear anything until then.

#6206 Blade3D

Blade3D

Grandmaster Swag

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 07:31 PM

You can't pressure us because one of the players you're trying to trade for isn't eligible to be traded until we advance to Week 3. You won't hear anything until then.

Ah I know it wasn't on my end, I didn't realize this.

Check Out My Podcast

Rival Bits

181104.pngblade3d.png

#6207 Wpark83

Wpark83

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 07:34 PM

Statements like this are fine as long as you understand there is a league policy on this. We just talked about it the other day. If you're up by 3 scores in the 4th quarter, you're expected to run the ball and chew clock. This doesn't mean you can't throw to pick up a 1st down and keep a drive alive. But your offense should be drastically scaled back at that point.

And when the clock ticks down to the point that you can run it out (ie. under 2 minutes), you're expected to do that as well. We've had the "it doesn't bother me, bro" argument before. But people are still expected to follow league policy.

Sounds good. Just get me to tomorrow morning, pumped to play this game. Already a week in (a loss at that) and I've having way more fun than I did in an entire season of NHL 13 where I made the finals.

#6208 GpNinja

GpNinja

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 07:51 PM

Sounds good. Just get me to tomorrow morning, pumped to play this game. Already a week in (a loss at that) and I've having way more fun than I did in an entire season of NHL 13 where I made the finals.

I think it would be fun if some guy was talking crap in the fourms to beat up his player. haha

#6209 jza1218

jza1218

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 08:02 PM

Ah I know it wasn't on my end, I didn't realize this.

Yeah, I thought he was already eligible to be dealt, my bad.

#6210 Docb9110

Docb9110

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 08:06 PM

ON trades,

How is the Texans trade looking? Im really wanting to get a good Look at Bradshaw?