Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

CAGLS: Madden 13 Gentlemen's League - We Finished! Thanks for Playing!

• Please log in to reply
11970 replies to this topic

#6301 DVO21

DVO21

Non-Pro League

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 06:16 PM

well looks like our super bowl thought were the same as well. although my nfc isnt clear yet

i had broncos vs seahawks or falcons only reason i have the falcons in there is becuz i think if they play like they can they are very dangerous it just hard to tell with there playoff history with matt ryan but this doesnt look like it did in the past either. and i think san fran should have stayed with alex smith hes been there before with this team just last year and he played well in the playoffs if its not broke dont try and fix it.

Madden 25

Official League Team: Bengals

Season 1: 0-0

Fans League Team: Possibly Chiefs

#6302 KasterDB

KasterDB

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 06:21 PM

No chance in hell the Vikings win a playoff game in Lambeau with Ponder at QB. Also did anyone watch the Cincy offense the last two weeks? Their offense got them 3 points against the Steelers and they had trouble moving the ball against the Ravens' backups.

Texans
Packers
Colts
Seahawks

#6303 irideabike

irideabike

Posted 05 January 2013 - 06:30 PM

anyone wanna scrimmage?

There are no shortcuts. No do-overs. What happened, happened. Trust me. I know. All of this matters.

Madden 13 SB Champ in the CAG gentleman's league.

#6304 Dark Rider

Dark Rider

Looks Dashing

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 06:31 PM

anyone wanna scrimmage?

Sure. Hit me up on live.

#6305 AvengedBacklog

AvengedBacklog

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 06:36 PM

I'm going with:

Texans over Bengals (though I'd love a Cincy upset)
Ravens over Colts (Luck wont have any luck in the playoffs)
Packers over Vikings (Ponder is not a playoff QB)
Seahawks over Redskins (closest game of the 4)

#6306 KasterDB

KasterDB

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 06:43 PM

Chuckstrong! I also feel like the Colts have to play the Broncos this year, which is why I think the Ravens should win that game but for whatever reason they will not.

#6307 Blade3D

Blade3D

Grandmaster Swag

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 06:43 PM

No chance in hell the Vikings win a playoff game in Lambeau with Ponder at QB. Also did anyone watch the Cincy offense the last two weeks? Their offense got them 3 points against the Steelers and they had trouble moving the ball against the Ravens' backups.

Texans
Packers
Colts
Seahawks

I approve these picks

Games remaining:

Buccaneers @ Panthers
Raiders @ Broncos
Steelers @ Colts
Ravens @ Browns
Cowboys @ Jets

3 of these teams are currently CPU controlled.

Edited by Blade3D, 05 January 2013 - 07:05 PM.

Check Out My Podcast

Rival Bits

Video Games, Movies, and TV

https://itunes.apple...d884775591?mt=2

181104.pngblade3d.png

#6308 GpNinja

GpNinja

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 07:40 PM

I guess those who play the cpu should get there games in today if they can't tomorrow. Lol

#6309 irideabike

irideabike

Posted 05 January 2013 - 07:44 PM

I smell an early advance! Get those games in!

Edit: Some of those guys haven't been on for a few days, ie Jets. Raiders and Broncos have been on today so hopefully they got in touch with each other.

Edited by perdition(troy, 05 January 2013 - 08:06 PM.

#6310 AvengedBacklog

AvengedBacklog

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 08:16 PM

Bucs will play either tonight or tomorrow morning, if we're the last game I'll play tonight.

#6311 CAGLeagueSports

CAGLeagueSports

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 08:48 PM

Yeah, part of that is probably my fault for staying with the policy of having people wait to play their CPU games. I think at this point though, if you have a CPU game, it's probably ok to just play it whenever you can. In the first season, I feel like we were more trying to avoid having ANY CPU games...but with as many open teams as we have now, it's kind of an inevitability.

Even if somebody comes in and decides to take a team, at worst, it's only one additional game they missed out on. So, yeah...official league stance from this point forward is if you have a game against a CPU team, you can play it immediately.
Do you have what it takes to compete?

#6312 GpNinja

GpNinja

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 08:55 PM

Hey N8 I was wondering what would happen if for example your waiting for your oppenet to play a game but he's "busy" and can't play. I think the person waiting for them should be able to play the cpu since he was waiting for his oppenent for days but he was "busy" so he coudn't play instead of simming it because one person coudn't play. Idk if this has happened in the past but I was just thinking this today. Lol

#6313 Dark Rider

Dark Rider

Looks Dashing

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 09:17 PM

Just finished the Broncos vs Raiders (CPU) game. I was disappointed that Flyersfan was unable to play. He got home from a family emergency in Connecticut this morning, is in the process of moving, and is having connection issues. Hopefully he's able to get everything resolved!

#6314 CAGLeagueSports

CAGLeagueSports

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 09:21 PM

Hey N8 I was wondering what would happen if for example your waiting for your oppenet to play a game but he's "busy" and can't play. I think the person waiting for them should be able to play the cpu since he was waiting for his oppenent for days but he was "busy" so he coudn't play instead of simming it because one person coudn't play. Idk if this has happened in the past but I was just thinking this today. Lol

The policy for teams that have an owner is that you wait until the day of the deadline before requesting to play the CPU. What needs to happen though is proof that an effort was made on your part to schedule the game (ie. if you're in here throughout the week letting us know that you've PM'd your opponent, letting us know if he missed a scheduled time, etc.). What shouldn't be happening is just coming in the day of the deadline saying "Can you put _____ on autopilot?" But if it's the day of the deadline and you're telling me you STILL haven't heard anything from your opponent, then allowing you to play the CPU is definitely justified.

Just finished the Broncos vs Raiders (CPU) game. I was disappointed that Flyersfan was unable to play. He got home from a family emergency in Connecticut this morning, is in the process of moving, and is having connection issues. Hopefully he's able to get everything resolved!

Yeah, definitely. Best wishes to Flyersfan, and I hope everything works out for him. Obviously real life and family comes first. His team will be right here waiting for him whenever he's able to rejoin us.

#6315 DVO21

DVO21

Non-Pro League

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 10:23 PM

did anyone in here do the nfl playoff fantasy challenge for 3 super bowl tickets in 2014 free round trips free hotel stay?

Madden 25

#6316 irideabike

irideabike

Posted 05 January 2013 - 10:36 PM

did anyone in here do the nfl playoff fantasy challenge for 3 super bowl tickets in 2014 free round trips free hotel stay?

as long as we are doing random questions does anyone in here have a headset? i'm thinking bout getting astros (a40 or a50) but don't know if I should get them or the turtle beach's that are on sale (turtle beach tango) at best buy this week for $200 and they have bluetooth unlike the astros.

There are no shortcuts. No do-overs. What happened, happened. Trust me. I know. All of this matters.

#6317 DVO21

DVO21

Non-Pro League

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 10:39 PM

as long as we are doing random questions does anyone in here have a headset? i'm thinking bout getting astros (a40 or a50) but don't know if I should get them or the turtle beach's that are on sale (turtle beach tango) at best buy this week for $200 and they have bluetooth unlike the astros.

lol damn thats alot for some headsets.

Madden 25

#6318 irideabike

irideabike

Posted 05 January 2013 - 10:44 PM

I flip things in my spare time at work so it only costs ~$40 out of pocket

#6319 HooRox

HooRox

Go Pack Go!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 10:59 PM

Yeah, part of that is probably my fault for staying with the policy of having people wait to play their CPU games. I think at this point though, if you have a CPU game, it's probably ok to just play it whenever you can. In the first season, I feel like we were more trying to avoid having ANY CPU games...but with as many open teams as we have now, it's kind of an inevitability.

Even if somebody comes in and decides to take a team, at worst, it's only one additional game they missed out on. So, yeah...official league stance from this point forward is if you have a game against a CPU team, you can play it immediately.

Yeah, I though the policy was to wait as long as possible to play games vs CPU. I could have played Steelers vs Colts yesterday. Now, after several beers during the Packers game tonite, I'll be in no shape to play anything afterward. I'll try to get it in tomorrow morning.

#6320 irideabike

irideabike

Posted 05 January 2013 - 11:06 PM

At this point we should only have CPU games left hopefully your game will be the last one.

#6321 DVO21

DVO21

Non-Pro League

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 11:24 PM

barter king?????

Madden 25

#6322 CAGLeagueSports

CAGLeagueSports

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 11:24 PM

Yeah, I though the policy was to wait as long as possible to play games vs CPU. I could have played Steelers vs Colts yesterday. Now, after several beers during the Packers game tonite, I'll be in no shape to play anything afterward. I'll try to get it in tomorrow morning.

Originally, it was. It's kind of just a shift in thinking at this point, and recognizing that the likelihood for filling some of these teams probably isn't too high. I think we're at the point where allowing the games to be played quickly is of a greater importance than hoping someone comes along who wants the team. No big deal though. Playing it tomorrow morning is totally fine.

#6323 DVO21

DVO21

Non-Pro League

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 11:29 PM

Texans
Packers
Colts
Seahawks

ponder could be trent dilfer for all we know ;)

Madden 25

#6324 HooRox

HooRox

Go Pack Go!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 11:35 PM

ponder could be trent dilfer for all we know ;)

Ponder is nowhere near as good as Dilfer was. Btw, Ponder is out tonite.

#6325 DVO21

DVO21

Non-Pro League

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 11:38 PM

Ponder is nowhere near as good as Dilfer was. Btw, Ponder is out tonite.

i knew that there was a chance of that didnt know they made the official statement on it yet well maybe joe webb can get lucky. now im thinking its all green bay but im going to stick with my choice of vikings

Madden 25

#6326 slofton

slofton

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 12:39 AM

If you don't buy the $40 ones I will :D

#6327 AvengedBacklog

AvengedBacklog

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 02:01 AM

looks like the games left are:

Cowboys vs Jets

Edited by GamerDude316, 06 January 2013 - 08:07 PM.

#6328 AvengedBacklog

AvengedBacklog

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 03:24 AM

Bucs edge out the Panthers 20-14. Off to a 2-0 start in the division! Next up, the Chris Johnson express of Tennessee8-)

#6329 dr0ppinL0adz

dr0ppinL0adz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 03:39 AM

Boys vs Jets going down Sunday evening

#6330 irideabike

irideabike

Posted 06 January 2013 - 04:54 AM

What time? So we can advance that night and hopefully get some games in sunday for week three