Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

CAGLS: Madden 13 Gentlemen's League - We Finished! Thanks for Playing!

• Please log in to reply
11970 replies to this topic

#7231 irideabike

irideabike

Posted 23 January 2013 - 03:29 AM

wow that blows pdm good luck man.
There are no shortcuts. No do-overs. What happened, happened. Trust me. I know. All of this matters.

Gentleman's League Record:
Season 1: 7-9 Missed Playoffs
Season 2: 18-1 Superbowl Champs

#7232 ragingpdm

ragingpdm

Apocalypse is coming......

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 03:36 AM

wow that blows pdm good luck man.

Thanks. It's one of those jobs where it happens quite a bit.

Posted Image

#7233 ragingpdm

ragingpdm

Apocalypse is coming......

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 03:37 AM

Sorry to hear.

Thanks Blade....hoping a miracle happens and they hire people...FAST.

Posted Image

#7234 Superstar

Superstar

CAG Superstar!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 03:41 AM

May I ask what kind of work you do?

Sorry if that isn't appropriate. I am just curious now, haha.

#7235 GamerDude316

GamerDude316

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 03:54 AM

looks like just Packers/Raiders and 49ers/Eagles are left

#7236 staticz

staticz

FortySixin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 04:02 AM

Are you in IT? I'm a Network Engineer and we have a huge turnover rate. Mostly burnout and/or firings. Working in healthcare is not fun. Less than 5 hours of scheduled downtime for the entire year

edit: I think it was this league...here is some footage from my new capture card -

I'm going to try to live stream my game tomorrow night through twitch. I'll post a link up before we start

Edited by staticz, 23 January 2013 - 04:21 AM.

XBL - staticzV2
Steam - stat1cz

#7237 FrankySox

FrankySox

4 more than Lebron

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 04:31 AM

Packers/Raiders COMPLETE

Good game. The first half I had to make some adjustments it's been awhile and I forgot a couple buttons. It all came back to me in the second half but a fumble by Benson when I was driving really swung momentum. Good D by the Raiders seals the win.

Looking forward to more action!
CAREER STATS: 521 HR, .301 BA, .419 OBP, 2 MVPs, 0 STEROIDS
Posted Image Posted Image

#7238 DVO21

DVO21

Non-Pro League

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 04:34 AM

Packers/Raiders COMPLETE

Good game. The first half I had to make some adjustments it's been awhile and I forgot a couple buttons. It all came back to me in the second half but a fumble by Benson when I was driving really swung momentum. Good D by the Raiders seals the win.

really liking the level of activity ur showing in the league so far and so soon. looks like ur going to be a great addition to this league

Madden 25

Official League Team: Bengals

Season 1: 0-0

Fans League Team: Possibly Chiefs

#7239 GpNinja

GpNinja

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 04:40 AM

Are you in IT? I'm a Network Engineer and we have a huge turnover rate. Mostly burnout and/or firings. Working in healthcare is not fun. Less than 5 hours of scheduled downtime for the entire year

edit: I think it was this league...here is some footage from my new capture card -

I'm going to try to live stream my game tomorrow night through twitch. I'll post a link up before we start

That last play how you stood in the pocket and didn't even move I would have probably rolled out and gotten sacked. Stuff like that I need to work on.

#7240 GpNinja

GpNinja

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 04:44 AM

Woo are those all the games?

#7241 CAGLeagueSports

CAGLeagueSports

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 04:56 AM

Packers/Raiders COMPLETE

Nice! Awesome job getting that game in, guys! Really glad that worked out for both of you.

really liking the level of activity ur showing in the league so far and so soon. looks like ur going to be a great addition to this league

I've known FrankySox for a few years, and we've played several different games together. He's definitely a good guy to have here. I'm glad we found a spot for him.
Do you have what it takes to compete?

#7242 GpNinja

GpNinja

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 05:03 AM

Sweet so we advancing now?

#7243 Flyersfan

Flyersfan

Posted 23 January 2013 - 05:04 AM

Packers/Raiders COMPLETE

GG.

Yeah that fumble was a killer, my defense was depleted on that drive.

Overall solid but not impressive performance by 3rd overall pick Archie Urban in his debut. 8/14 for 157 I believe, 1 int, 1 td (swing pass to Heyward-Bey on an audible, he outran the Packers defense 73 yards down the sideline.) The rain played a factor as a few of the receivers on both sides slipped making cuts.

Janikowski hit a fg as time expired to give the Raiders a 16-13 win. I had to laugh at the what I estimate 40% full Lambeau Field. Even though they were 0-4 before that game (as they were pretty much CPU controlled with Steggy being busy), the Packers have like a 30 year waiting list for season tickets and that stadium is always full. Also seeing a qb wear #4 (Russell Wilson) for the Packers as qb was a little strange.

#7244 staticz

staticz

FortySixin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 05:05 AM

That last play how you stood in the pocket and didn't even move I would have probably rolled out and gotten sacked. Stuff like that I need to work on.

haha, yeah. I was that way in M12. This year it pays off to sit in the pocket, if you don't your blocks will fall apart quickly.
XBL - staticzV2
Steam - stat1cz

#7245 jza1218

jza1218

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 05:06 AM

GG.

Also seeing a qb wear #4 (Russell Wilson) for the Packers as qb was a little strange.

Yeah, I've got a linebacker wearing #56 on the Giants. It's weird.

#7246 GpNinja

GpNinja

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 05:08 AM

So does everybody do the " easy win" on practice? I mean I coudn't see who woudn't lol.

#7247 DVO21

DVO21

Non-Pro League

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 05:14 AM

3rd quarter rally that way i get xp for players and for the coach

Madden 25

#7248 GpNinja

GpNinja

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 05:16 AM

How much EXP do you get?

#7249 GpNinja

GpNinja

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 05:18 AM

Dang am I looking foward too playing the ravens my off rank is 2 and def rank is 13 his off is 13 and def rank is 3.

#7250 CAGLeagueSports

CAGLeagueSports

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 05:28 AM

We have advanced to Week 7! It looks like Dallas has a bye this week, so he will be serving his one game suspension in Week 8. The deadline for Week 7 games will be 1/26!
Do you have what it takes to compete?

#7251 FrankySox

FrankySox

4 more than Lebron

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 05:38 AM

GG.

Yeah that fumble was a killer, my defense was depleted on that drive.

Overall solid but not impressive performance by 3rd overall pick Archie Urban in his debut. 8/14 for 157 I believe, 1 int, 1 td (swing pass to Heyward-Bey on an audible, he outran the Packers defense 73 yards down the sideline.) The rain played a factor as a few of the receivers on both sides slipped making cuts.

Janikowski hit a fg as time expired to give the Raiders a 16-13 win. I had to laugh at the what I estimate 40% full Lambeau Field. Even though they were 0-4 before that game (as they were pretty much CPU controlled with Steggy being busy), the Packers have like a 30 year waiting list for season tickets and that stadium is always full. Also seeing a qb wear #4 (Russell Wilson) for the Packers as qb was a little strange.

Yeah I don't know what's happened to the Packers, if it was the CPU or previous users but last in scoring offense is not good. I obviously have my work cut out for me. I also had to laugh out loud when I saw Wilson's season stats...2 TDs 10 INTs...

Anyways kind of a newb question, is there anyway to change the way you call play from gameflow?
CAREER STATS: 521 HR, .301 BA, .419 OBP, 2 MVPs, 0 STEROIDS
Posted Image Posted Image

#7252 Blade3D

Blade3D

Grandmaster Swag

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 05:39 AM

It specifically says that you only get it for yourself not the restofthe team.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#7253 GpNinja

GpNinja

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 05:44 AM

It specifically says that you only get it for yourself not the restofthe team.

Haha can't tell if he was joking or just being dvo. ;)

#7254 GpNinja

GpNinja

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 05:56 AM

Dang so I was looking around on the fourms which was my first time. I realyl don't even listen to cag or use it really. My friend showed me a podcast and said they had a madden league on the fourm and that was something I had always wanted too do. It seems most of ya'll play in other leagues also like nba and nhl. Are those leagues as active as the madden ones? I've alway's picked up nba and nhl games when they've gotten cheaper. I'd be up for joining another game league though I am not very good at nba or nhl and would probably lose every game. haha

#7255 L4WII

L4WII

Posted 23 January 2013 - 05:58 AM

I like bad start u get 2000xp and it helps u get better at gaining the lead when being down..

#7256 GamerDude316

GamerDude316

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 11:49 AM

Dang so I was looking around on the fourms which was my first time. I realyl don't even listen to cag or use it really. My friend showed me a podcast and said they had a madden league on the fourm and that was something I had always wanted too do. It seems most of ya'll play in other leagues also like nba and nhl. Are those leagues as active as the madden ones? I've alway's picked up nba and nhl games when they've gotten cheaper. I'd be up for joining another game league though I am not very good at nba or nhl and would probably lose every game. haha

Nate had an NHL league going as well but him, jza, myself, and a few others (Flyersfan is still in it I think?) got pretty fed up with the game this year and traded it in. Its still going with a new commish but I dont think its nearly full. There was a NBA league too but no idea what happened with that.

As for practice I tend to alternate between Bad Start and Easy Win, usually depends on how much I actually want to do the practice lol. 1500 guaranteed XP for Bad Start is pretty tempting if I just want to rush through it.

Edited by GamerDude316, 23 January 2013 - 12:00 PM.

#7257 irideabike

irideabike

Posted 23 January 2013 - 03:25 PM

Lions are looking to upgrade their WR/CB/FS/SS. Willing to move all draft picks (I have one in rounds 1-7) and are open to taking offers on whomever.
There are no shortcuts. No do-overs. What happened, happened. Trust me. I know. All of this matters.

Gentleman's League Record:
Season 1: 7-9 Missed Playoffs
Season 2: 18-1 Superbowl Champs

#7258 DVO21

DVO21

Non-Pro League

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 05:22 PM

How much EXP do you get?

its different everytime but i read somewhere that in players can earn xp in practice and so from there i just watched my players xp before practice and checked after to see if any changes happened to a guy that had a stood out big time i nthe practice mode and noticed his xp went up the highest ive seen get extra was around 1000 xp. and i always do 3rd quarter rally and it says players cant earn it but they still do. u can test it out for urself like i did to see if u notice anything but it works for me for some reason. wouldnt try leading people into the wrong direction for fun thought this would help people progress there players

example stephen hill sits at 5235 xp im about to do my practice i will let u know if it goes up and i plan to target him alot

practice mode used: 3rd Quarter Rally
starting score 10-0 my team was down
Hill had 4 TDs and at one point a little popup came up saying he had 160 yards but i know he had more than that after a few catchs but the popup never came up again.
hills xp after was 6253

so with that his xp went a little above 1000 extra xp

try it yourself see if it works for u

Edited by DVO21, 23 January 2013 - 06:24 PM.

Madden 25

#7259 Docb9110

Docb9110

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 06:22 PM

I thought theist update fixed practices to where players get XP as well. I specifically practice just to get my rookie qb some xp

#7260 DVO21

DVO21

Non-Pro League

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 06:25 PM

I thought theist update fixed practices to where players get XP as well. I specifically practice just to get my rookie qb some xp

u are correct it was part of one of the patches i just dotn remember which one

Madden 25