Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

CAGLS: Madden 13 Gentlemen's League - We Finished! Thanks for Playing!

• Please log in to reply
11970 replies to this topic

#7621 irideabike

irideabike

Posted 04 February 2013 - 02:43 PM

The only thing I'm wondering about that is if there is anything on there that we can't see from the CC in game?

There are no shortcuts. No do-overs. What happened, happened. Trust me. I know. All of this matters.

Madden 13 SB Champ in the CAG gentleman's league.

#7622 Dark Rider

Dark Rider

Looks Dashing

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2013 - 04:16 PM

FYI: The Cowboys have dropped the following players. DO NOT PICK THEM UP! They belong to the next Cowboys owner, after the current owners tantrum.

Jason Witten
DeMarcus Ware
Brandon Carr
Tyron Smith
Anthony Spencer
Sean Lee
Miles Austin
Morris Claiborne
Jay Ratliff

Just another note, they currently have 15M in cap penalties in 2013, and 30M in 2014. Basically, they are fucked.

Once again: DO NOT SIGN ANY OF THE LISTED PLAYERS!

Edited by Dark Rider, 04 February 2013 - 06:18 PM.

#7623 Blade3D

Blade3D

Grandmaster Swag

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2013 - 04:23 PM

Not a surprising move. He seemed the kind of person who would throw a temper tantrum, after being punished for his temper tantrums. Sadly, I won't miss him.

In other news, the other league made one of these. It's a league site that imports the stats from leagues from the game. It has schedules, all stats, and pretty much everything else you wanted. Should I make one for this league?

I think you should, quicker to see who you are playing that way.

Check Out My Podcast

Rival Bits

Video Games, Movies, and TV

https://itunes.apple...d884775591?mt=2

181104.pngblade3d.png

#7624 jza1218

jza1218

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2013 - 04:29 PM

Notice he didn't release cutler?

#7625 jza1218

jza1218

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2013 - 04:31 PM

Will the cowboys have enough money to resign those guys?

#7626 irideabike

irideabike

Posted 04 February 2013 - 04:31 PM

lmao I did see that, couldn't help but laugh.

There are no shortcuts. No do-overs. What happened, happened. Trust me. I know. All of this matters.

#7627 DVO21

DVO21

Non-Pro League

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2013 - 05:06 PM

Will the cowboys have enough money to resign those guys?

more than likely not with the cap penalty im sure they dont have cap space left for this year or the next almost certain that team is prolly destroyed. more than likely thoughs guys will either have to stay in FA until the offseason to see if anything can be done.

Madden 25

Official League Team: Bengals

Season 1: 0-0

Fans League Team: Possibly Chiefs

#7628 CAGLeagueSports

CAGLeagueSports

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2013 - 05:07 PM

I'll be the Cowboys instead of the chargers if that's ok?

I'd be fine with that. As mentioned though, they're going to have huge cap penalties the next two season. But if you wanted to see if you could piece that roster back together, that's up to you. They might not even have enough money to re-sign the players that were cut. They also don't have Tony Romo...as he was traded for Jay Cutler.

In other news, the other league made one of these. It's a league site that imports the stats from leagues from the game. It has schedules, all stats, and pretty much everything else you wanted. Should I make one for this league?

Yeah, if you want to do that, go ahead. Sounds like a good idea.
Do you have what it takes to compete?

#7629 jza1218

jza1218

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2013 - 05:14 PM

more than likely not with the cap penalty im sure they dont have cap space left for this year or the next almost certain that team is prolly destroyed. more than likely thoughs guys will either have to stay in FA until the offseason to see if anything can be done.

Yeah but we're gonna have to squat the chargers, to ensure that the CPU doesn't sign any of them.

#7630 CAGLeagueSports

CAGLeagueSports

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2013 - 05:15 PM

Yeah...we might have to do that. We definitely won't be allowing those players to just move to new teams for no reason. The only problem with that is that basically means all teams have to be full and no teams can be on autopilot when we advance, otherwise the CPU will do it themselves.

I can't even begin to express how childish it is to do something like this. If somebody's got a problem with me, fine. Have a problem with me. Call me an ass or whatever. But maliciously screwing up your team affects everybody else in the league. If I had to guess, I'd say he was drunk and throwing a post Super Bowl hissy fit. But either way, it's incredibly infantile and hopefully karma catches up to him.

Edit - Well, it looks like it may already have. ballinhun8 was banned from CAG. A big thank you to our CAG moderator team for that one. I know these leagues aren't the reason CAG exists and aren't anything drastically important. But we do put a lot of effort into them and it's a fairly large undertaking having this many people come together to play a game 10+ months out of the year. I definitely feel supported by that gesture. Seriously, "Powers That Be", thank you. :)

#7631 DVO21

DVO21

Non-Pro League

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2013 - 05:24 PM

ya theres about 3 different ways to go about this problem.
1. consider the cowboys a dead team and find a guy to squat on them. do a randomized raffel the winners get one guy from the list of cowboys players that are in that list.
2. consider the cowboys dead and during the off season open bidding on thoughs players and find the cowboys a squater.
3. find someone thats willing to take this team thats destroyed worse than the panthers and let them see what they can do if nothing can be done then i guess choose from example 1 or 2.

2 is prolly more ideal than anyone of them. but i do like the idea of a random raffel from idea 1 as well.

Madden 25

#7632 DVO21

DVO21

Non-Pro League

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2013 - 05:27 PM

wow banned thats was crazy fast. im sure the CAG developers love our madden threads though. you have think that last year the official league was put up for a cheapy award last year and im sure this one could be in the running for the award as well as many hits as the 2 pages get and post pretty popular areas

Madden 25

#7633 jza1218

jza1218

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2013 - 05:34 PM

1. consider the cowboys a dead team and find a guy to squat on them. do a randomized raffel the winners get one guy from the list of cowboys players that are in that list.
2. consider the cowboys dead and during the off season open bidding on thoughs players and find the cowboys a squater.
3. find someone thats willing to take this team thats destroyed worse than the panthers and let them see what they can do if nothing can be done then i guess choose from example 1 or 2.

2 is prolly more ideal than anyone of them. but i do like the idea of a random raffel from idea 1 as well.

Someone's already agreed to take the Cowboys. The guy who was going to take the Chargers wants them instead.

#7634 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2013 - 05:35 PM

I don't like option 1 at all, as it's going to unrealistically affect this season...which is already more than halfway over. Teams just magically acquiring All Pro players that shouldn't have been available. I'm sure lots of people would love it, but it's not really fair to the work that has already been put in this season.

Option 2 is possible, depending on if the team is really unfixable. Staticz was able to mostly fix the Panthers pretty quickly. So, lets not pronounce them dead just yet. njrockpd mentioned wanting them. We'll see if that goes anywhere.

#7635 AvengedBacklog

AvengedBacklog

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2013 - 06:07 PM

I agree with those guys being off-limits the rest of the season, it's pretty unfair for any team to pick em up. Offseason though I think they should be up for grabs if we don't have a Cowboys owner who has space to sign all of them.

#7636 staticz

staticz

FortySixin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2013 - 06:09 PM

I'm sure they are fixable. It'll be the future years (like the panthers) they may be screwed. Those cap penalties are going to seriously handicap them. Depending on the cap space this year they might be screwed already.

Edit: yeah 15mil in penalties is about where the panthers were. They can probably sign them to one year deals but that team will be hurting next year.

#7637 irideabike

irideabike

Posted 04 February 2013 - 06:18 PM

Best option is to make all of them completely off limits the rest of this year and FA considering most of those players deals weren't up this FA and whoever the new coach in Dallas is gets the only shot at them.

#7638 DVO21

DVO21

Non-Pro League

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2013 - 06:18 PM

cowboys have 42.11 million in cap space with 14.30 in cap pen
2014 season is 30.85 cap pen. they might be ok for this season but next season are more than likely done for with that much in cap pen but its still possible

Madden 25

#7639 AvengedBacklog

AvengedBacklog

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2013 - 06:19 PM

I'm sure they are fixable. It'll be the future years (like the panthers) they may be screwed. Those cap penalties are going to seriously handicap them. Depending on the cap space this year they might be screwed already.

Edit: yeah 15mil in penalties is about where the panthers were. They can probably sign them to one year deals but that team will be hurting next year.

Yeah those penalties will screw them over for sure. Season 3 will not be kind to the Cowboys, lol

#7640 DVO21

DVO21

Non-Pro League

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2013 - 06:23 PM

once someone gets on the cowboys team and goes to the re sign area to find out that cap space for the next season we can find out where this team really stands cap space wise for next year

Madden 25

#7641 jza1218

jza1218

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2013 - 07:04 PM

Skip Bayless weighs in on the Cowboys

Look, I know D. Club put in his time, but with all due respect, there's no doubt why he retired. No one wants him.

#7642 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2013 - 07:42 PM

once someone gets on the cowboys team and goes to the re sign area to find out that cap space for the next season we can find out where this team really stands cap space wise for next year

I'm guessing njrockpd is at work. Since he specifically asked about the team, we'll wait to see if he wants them. Once we know, we'll go from there.

#7643 Dark Rider

Dark Rider

Looks Dashing

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2013 - 08:04 PM

According to my calculations, (Adjusts Glasses)

The Cowboys currently have
42.11M Cap Space
-14.30M
= 27.81M Cap Space

Cap Space = 27.81M
Salaries of FAs = 28.95M
Left Over Cap = -1.14 (Negative)

I will summarize by saying that they do not have the space. A few cuts and it might be possible though.

#7644 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2013 - 08:23 PM

According to my calculations, (Adjusts Glasses)

The Cowboys currently have
42.11M Cap Space
-14.30M
= 27.81M Cap Space

Cap Space = 27.81M
Salaries of FAs = 28.95M
Left Over Cap = -1.14 (Negative)

I will summarize by saying that they do not have the space. A few cuts and it might be possible though.

Yeah, so that's definitely doable for this year. They'd just need to cut a less important player who is overpaid, and then they could re-sign all of the really good players that were cut. It doesn't paint a pretty picture for future seasons, but it's at least a starting point.

#7645 irideabike

irideabike

Posted 04 February 2013 - 08:28 PM

If they do that, and then we leave them as "restricted" free agents in the offseason if they don't re-up right away I think the team is salvageable. the new owner will have to build the team in season 3, rather than do a big free agent splash.

#7646 Ultimate Matt X

Ultimate Matt X

Posted 04 February 2013 - 10:34 PM

Following up my previous questions about bad negotiating from the previous owner/CPU, will the first day of free agency be like the last offseason where we'll get a chance to sign our guys on the first day before others can take them?

My recent opponent explained how this worked last season and this would get around my issue of losing players that I didn't get a chance to negotiate with.

#7647 irideabike

irideabike

Posted 04 February 2013 - 10:41 PM

I thought the 1 week being a "restricted" type of free agency worked out well and wouldn't have a problem if we did that again

#7648 AvengedBacklog

AvengedBacklog

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2013 - 10:50 PM

I thought the 1 week being a "restricted" type of free agency worked out well and wouldn't have a problem if we did that again

honestly, I'd rather it just be limited to certain teams/players but other guys are open all 3 weeks. I think it hurt the league only having 2 weeks of true FA signing for other people who were available

#7649 Blade3D

Blade3D

Grandmaster Swag

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2013 - 10:51 PM

honestly, I'd rather it just be limited to certain teams/players but other guys are open all 3 weeks. I think it hurt the league only having 2 weeks of true FA signing for other people who were available

Agreed, maybe only teams that the owner was switched during the season, even teams that trade for a player know the risk of not being able to resign a player.

Check Out My Podcast

Rival Bits

Video Games, Movies, and TV

https://itunes.apple...d884775591?mt=2

181104.pngblade3d.png

#7650 CAGLeagueSports

CAGLeagueSports

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2013 - 10:57 PM

Following up my previous questions about bad negotiating from the previous owner/CPU, will the first day of free agency be like the last offseason where we'll get a chance to sign our guys on the first day before others can take them?

My recent opponent explained how this worked last season and this would get around my issue of losing players that I didn't get a chance to negotiate with.

The only reason this was done in season one was because some teams were mistakenly left on autopilot when we advanced...which prevented them from being able to negotiate with their own free agents at all. In many cases, the CPU just allowed all of the players to become free agents.

Agreed, maybe only teams that the owner was switched during the season, even teams that trade for a player know the risk of not being able to resign a player.

That would be my only hesitation. Teams with new owners very easily could get screwed out of players. But honestly, we have plenty of time to figure out how to deal with that. We're halfway through this season and have a destroyed team to worry about right now. The offseason is the furthest thing from my mind right now.