Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

CAGLS: Madden 13 Gentlemen's League - We Finished! Thanks for Playing!

• Please log in to reply
11970 replies to this topic

#7711 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2013 - 01:24 AM

But what if I wanted a flying Fuck? :D

You'll have to check your nearest street corner.

#7712 Dark Rider

Dark Rider

Looks Dashing

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2013 - 01:59 AM

But what if I wanted a flying Fuck? :D

My new business is actually a flying Fuck cart. I can wheel it around cities and sell on corners. Very successful so far.

Yup...I'm definitely on a break from this game. Hopefully nobody needs jack shit for awhile, because I could seriously give a flying Fuck right now.

If it makes you feel any better, Cool I am regularly beats the crap out of me. Just be thankful he's not in your division.

#7713 slofton

slofton

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2013 - 02:29 AM

My new business is actually a flying Fuck cart. I can wheel it around cities and sell on corners. Very successful so far. .

Jaaaackpot!

#7714 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2013 - 02:39 AM

If it makes you feel any better, Cool I am regularly beats the crap out of me. Just be thankful he's not in your division.

Well, I felt like the game was pretty even until I came up on the bad side of two pretty big plays. I had a 3rd and 10 when I found Kendall Wright wide open on the left side of the field. Locker throws a perfect pass and Wright just drops it. He probably could have ran at least 20 yards after the catch had he not been a damned idiot. Then, on my next drive, I run a play action, and Jared Cook just gets absolutely mauled by two defenders as he's running his route (definitely more than 5 yards down the field) and the ball ends up getting intercepted.

I swear, it looked like Cook was hip tossed a good 2-3 yards there was so much contact. I was so dumbstruck by the play, I messaged Cool I Am to comment on the lack of pass interference. It's just the same old Madden sometimes. When the game wants you to lose, you lose. There's no sense complaining about it. It's just the way this game is and I can at least recognize it for what it is. It just also makes me want to drastically cut back the amount of time I put into it. So, yeah...this is definitely the time of the year when I scale back and ask that people be more self-relient (ie. if you can't play your game, put yourself on autopilot). Hopefully, this will refresh me to keep things going in future seasons. Just right now, I'm frustrated beyond words.

#7715 irideabike

irideabike

Posted 06 February 2013 - 02:41 AM

ya you just have those games madden is out to get you. My last ranked game I play I had four fumbles in a half. FOUR. It was so stupid but I'm at the point where I know madden just likes to screw you over sometimes and you have to roll with it.

There are no shortcuts. No do-overs. What happened, happened. Trust me. I know. All of this matters.

Madden 13 SB Champ in the CAG gentleman's league.

#7716 AvengedBacklog

AvengedBacklog

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2013 - 03:03 AM

Colts over the Bucs 21-11. Couldnt get my offense going at all and couldnt stop the Colts WR's, my CBs apparently took the week off. Colts got a big lead in the 2nd quarter with a long passing TD and a Robert Mathis leaping INT for 6, and it was more than enough to hold on. On top of that, my starting OLB Erin Henderson got hurt for the year.

I do have a question about onside kicks though. How early in the 4th is too early for one? I was down 21-3 and scored a TD, converted the 2 to make it 21-11 with a little over 3 minutes left. I was really tempted to go for the on-side kick to try and keep momentum but didnt wanna come across as a dick. Was that too early or would I have been right to try for one there?

#7717 irideabike

irideabike

Posted 06 February 2013 - 03:04 AM

You should have went for the onside kick, especially after reading the fact that your CBs were having a hard time containing his WRs. 3 minutes isn't uncalled for.

There are no shortcuts. No do-overs. What happened, happened. Trust me. I know. All of this matters.

#7718 GpNinja

GpNinja

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2013 - 07:48 AM

Does the CPU beat anybody else in practice. Lol smh

#7719 scrub0bk

scrub0bk

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2013 - 11:26 AM

Does the CPU beat anybody else in practice. Lol smh

Yes. And always by lob balls down the field that my defenders decide they just want to miss.

#7720 irideabike

irideabike

Posted 06 February 2013 - 02:20 PM

Lions Vikings hopefully going down tonight.

#7721 Dark Rider

Dark Rider

Looks Dashing

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2013 - 02:58 PM

Yes. And always by lob balls down the field that my defenders decide they just want to miss.

I am not sure if everyone's practice teams are the same, but that 99SPD, high release wide receiver always gets me. It's not too bad though, I won my last one 65-9.

#7722 DVO21

DVO21

Non-Pro League

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2013 - 04:59 PM

I am not sure if everyone's practice teams are the same, but that 99SPD, high release wide receiver always gets me. It's not too bad though, I won my last one 65-9.

my practice squad always has a beast RB but the QB is a bum he sucks

Madden 25

Official League Team: Bengals

Season 1: 0-0

Fans League Team: Possibly Chiefs

Season 1: 0-0

#7723 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2013 - 05:25 PM

Colts over the Bucs 21-11. Couldnt get my offense going at all and couldnt stop the Colts WR's, my CBs apparently took the week off. Colts got a big lead in the 2nd quarter with a long passing TD and a Robert Mathis leaping INT for 6, and it was more than enough to hold on. On top of that, my starting OLB Erin Henderson got hurt for the year.

I do have a question about onside kicks though. How early in the 4th is too early for one? I was down 21-3 and scored a TD, converted the 2 to make it 21-11 with a little over 3 minutes left. I was really tempted to go for the on-side kick to try and keep momentum but didnt wanna come across as a dick. Was that too early or would I have been right to try for one there?

Well, since you were down by 2 scores, I don't think the onside kick would have been uncalled for there. It would basically just be "going for broke" right away. But alternatively, you'd be kicking it deep, trusting your defense to get the stop, and using your timeouts to keep as much time on the clock as possible. Then, when you get the ball back, you have to score (TD or FG) and THEN go for an onside kick. I don't know that you made the WRONG call, as the onside kick could have just as easily backfired. It seems it just didn't work out for you.

#7724 irideabike

irideabike

Posted 06 February 2013 - 05:45 PM

Lions Vikings going down at 5 EST 4 CST.

#7725 AvengedBacklog

AvengedBacklog

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2013 - 06:10 PM

Well, since you were down by 2 scores, I don't think the onside kick would have been uncalled for there. It would basically just be "going for broke" right away. But alternatively, you'd be kicking it deep, trusting your defense to get the stop, and using your timeouts to keep as much time on the clock as possible. Then, when you get the ball back, you have to score (TD or FG) and THEN go for an onside kick. I don't know that you made the WRONG call, as the onside kick could have just as easily backfired. It seems it just didn't work out for you.

Yeah, that was basically the thought. I was hoping ultimately that the D could keep Turner in check as they had done for the game until that drive, but it didn't work out. not doing the onside kick definitely wasn't the reason I lost but I wanted to ask for future situations as well.

#7726 Blade3D

Blade3D

Grandmaster Swag

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2013 - 09:45 PM

I thought the practice squad was your team, they have the same jersey numbers as your own players.

Check Out My Podcast

Rival Bits

Video Games, Movies, and TV

https://itunes.apple...d884775591?mt=2

181104.pngblade3d.png

#7727 irideabike

irideabike

Posted 06 February 2013 - 09:46 PM

Maybe a scaled down version but definitely not your exact team

#7728 KasterDB

KasterDB

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2013 - 09:55 PM

Troy I'm gonna be like five minutes late.

#7729 irideabike

irideabike

Posted 06 February 2013 - 09:57 PM

Ok I'll be waiting.

#7730 KasterDB

KasterDB

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2013 - 10:38 PM

I'm tired of this cocksucking bullshit game.

#7731 pitfallharry219

pitfallharry219

It's go time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2013 - 10:40 PM

What happened?

#7732 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2013 - 10:42 PM

What happened?

I would guess cocksucking bullshit.

#7733 KasterDB

KasterDB

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2013 - 10:44 PM

What happened?

Just general crap. Guys not tackling. Wide open drops. My team looking like they've never played this game before. That sort of thing.

#7734 KasterDB

KasterDB

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2013 - 10:46 PM

Just general crap. Guys not tackling. Wide open drops. My team looking like they've never played this game before. That sort of thing.

Oh, and lagging out of the first game where it looked even and now it's just all him.

#7735 KasterDB

KasterDB

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2013 - 10:58 PM

Hey champ, I know you've got a thin 28 point lead, so passing it with 3:30 left in the game just so you can convert a crucial third down in my territory is totally awesome.

Oh hey, he caught a pass in the open field that should've gone for a touchdown, but oh happy day he ran out of bounds at the one so he could run it in with his running back! What a great player!!!11

#7736 staticz

staticz

FortySixin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2013 - 11:01 PM

Past two games I've played have been the exact same way. So frustrating.

#7737 KasterDB

KasterDB

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2013 - 11:08 PM

45-10 DET final. I am beyond disgusted right now.

#7738 irideabike

irideabike

Posted 06 February 2013 - 11:09 PM

I was running the clock down (my time of possession was 15+ minutes)...you bet me by 30 last season I wasnt trying to run it up, that's why my time of possession was so much more than yours I'm sorry if I offended you. I know how lethal you are in this game as I got whooped twice by you and multiple times in scrimmages...

You certainly got shafted by madden but I really wasn't trying to do anything rude. You played a good game things just didn't go your way.

Edited by perdition(troy, 06 February 2013 - 11:20 PM.

#7739 KasterDB

KasterDB

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2013 - 11:24 PM

What

What

What

Technically, yes, you ran some clock. But running the play clock down to one on a play doesn't mean you get to pass it on the next one.

You were passing the ball with less than three minutes left. Less than two minutes left. Less than one minute left.

After passing it down to the one yard line with 30 seconds left, I sent you a message saying "ARE YOU KIDDING ME", which was sent at roughly the same time you sent me a message saying "care if i score?"

Now. I cannot presume to speak for anyone else, but I'd imagine when most people send a message saying ARE YOU KIDDING ME after a play like that they'd like you to not score.

So when you run it in anyway, I'm not going to sit here and let you patronize me. Who gives two shits if I'm "lethal"? You're leading by 28 points with 3 minutes left, run the god damn clock.

Check out my podcast, Kind of a Talk Show, on iTunes and like it at facebook.com/koats
166876.png

#7740 CAGLeagueSports

CAGLeagueSports

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2013 - 11:25 PM

I was running the clock down (my time of possession was 15+ minutes)...you bet me by 30 last season I wasnt trying to run it up, that's why my time of possession was so much more than yours I'm sorry if I offended you. I know how lethal you are in this game as I got whooped twice by you and multiple times in scrimmages...

You certainly got shafted by madden but I really wasn't trying to do anything rude. You played a good game things just didn't go your way.

28 point lead, 3:30 left in the game, passing is not acceptable. Strike. That's your warning.
Do you have what it takes to compete?