Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

CAGLS: Madden 13 Gentlemen's League - We Finished! Thanks for Playing!

• Please log in to reply
11970 replies to this topic

#7921 HooRox

HooRox

Go Pack Go!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2013 - 07:40 PM

I vote that we cut Nate some slack. If he's tired of playing, that's fine. If he wants to put his team on autopilot for the rest of the season, that's fine. I mean we wouldn't have this well-run and organized league with a lot of good people in it without his efforts. The fact that he's still willing to keep it going from a management perspective, while not playing, is a testament to his good virtues. The draft argument is overblown. Who really cares if he drafts in position #15 or #25? I know we're trying to play this league in as "realistic" way as possible, but let's not lose perspective that this is still a video game and we're just playing for fun. This isn't a job, or school, or family. If someone isn't having fun, for whatever reason, it's a good time to take a break. If it happens to be during the season, so what?

#7922 Dark Rider

Dark Rider

Looks Dashing

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2013 - 07:46 PM

I vote that we cut Nate some slack. If he's tired of playing, that's fine. If he wants to put his team on autopilot for the rest of the season, that's fine. I mean we wouldn't have this well-run and organized league with a lot of good people in it without his efforts. The fact that he's still willing to keep it going from a management perspective, while not playing, is a testament to his good virtues. The draft argument is overblown. Who really cares if he drafts in position #15 or #25? I know we're trying to play this league in as "realistic" way as possible, but let's not lose perspective that this is still a video game and we're just playing for fun. This isn't a job, or school, or family. If someone isn't having fun, for whatever reason, it's a good time to take a break. If it happens to be during the season, so what?

I haven't had time to chime in on this yet. (This weekend has been crazy, I haven't played an xbox game since last Thursday I think)

I agree. Nate, if you are feeling burnt out, I think everyone can understand that. If you want to autopilot the rest of the season, I have no problem.

Eventually, everybody gets burnt out or just wants to spend more time with their friends and family. Hopefully you'll stick around, as you do an excellent job of running the league.

#7923 irideabike

irideabike

Posted 12 February 2013 - 08:06 PM

I don't think it is a problem if any member wants to take a couple weeks off for peace of mind and to give themselves a little break. I'd rather someone take a few games off and come back for another season than to just be done all together because of frustration.
There are no shortcuts. No do-overs. What happened, happened. Trust me. I know. All of this matters.

Gentleman's League Record:
Season 1: 7-9 Missed Playoffs
Season 2: 18-1 Superbowl Champs

#7924 KasterDB

KasterDB

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2013 - 08:18 PM

Yeah, I'm on Nate's side with this as well. I've been crazy busy lately and I'd been considering doing this myself. Doing theatre is major time commitment, haha. I should have more free time soon since the show is about to start, though.

Check out my podcast, Kind of a Talk Show, on iTunes and like it at facebook.com/koats
166876.png

#7925 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2013 - 09:01 PM

I don't think it is a problem if any member wants to take a couple weeks off for peace of mind and to give themselves a little break. I'd rather someone take a few games off and come back for another season than to just be done all together because of frustration.

This was basically my logic. If I'm getting closer and closer to rage quitting every game, I need to just call it and step away for a bit. There are definitely some "Madden fanatics" on CAG, and they might not understand it, but that's fine. This game isn't even my only hobby, and like it was brought up in the other league, a Madden league shouldn't turn into a part-time job. I might do my practice here and there just to try out some of the new ideas I've had. But just taking the time to schedule games that I don't care about right now doesn't make sense to me.

All throughout this franchise, I've responded to numerous messages telling people that a part time owner is better than having a 100% CPU owner (qualifier: non-douchebag). steggy, slofton, and ubernes can all attest to this. Anybody who doesn't like that is free to go start their own league. Thank you to those who can understand where I'm coming from though.

#7926 slofton

slofton

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2013 - 09:04 PM

You can always play against me. I'll def boost your defensive spirits lol

#7927 scrub0bk

scrub0bk

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2013 - 09:19 PM

Cowboys owner isnt on the hoempage, are they still open? Otherwise can the cowboys owner PM me? or does anyone know who it is haha

#7928 irideabike

irideabike

Posted 12 February 2013 - 09:33 PM

Biiiiiig win for the broncos just now in their divisional race.

#7929 Dark Rider

Dark Rider

Looks Dashing

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2013 - 09:37 PM

Biiiiiig win for the broncos just now in their divisional race.

Definetely! Broncos come up big and beat AFC's #1 Cheifs 17-14!

Great game as always cool I am!

#7930 irideabike

irideabike

Posted 12 February 2013 - 09:37 PM

Cowboys is njrockpd on here and I think his xbl is harrybodyshots

#7931 AllenScribe

AllenScribe

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2013 - 09:39 PM

Are TE's that abused in our league? I haven't looked at any of the leaderboards for a few weeks but other than the one guy that was leaning on gronk every play I don't remember anyone standing out to me.

To be fair, that guy "leaning on Gronk" has had 3 QBs that can't consistently complete a basic curl to the WR to work with. And he did try to swing trades for Miles Austin and Kurt Warner to try and open up the offense.

#7932 Dark Rider

Dark Rider

Looks Dashing

• CAGiversary!

Losing Reggie seems to have brought life to this team. I just won my third game in a row with him out.

#7933 L4WII

L4WII

Def gg I hate Jonathan Baldwin big for nothing drops all the easy ones

#7934 irideabike

irideabike

Posted 12 February 2013 - 10:04 PM

To be fair, that guy "leaning on Gronk" has had 3 QBs that can't consistently complete a basic curl to the WR to work with. And he did try to swing trades for Miles Austin and Kurt Warner to try and open up the offense.

Oh I'm in no way hating I dont even know his numbers but I just remember someone talking about him leading the league in catches or yards I don't remember which. I don't have any problem with people using what works, even if it's just one guy. You gotta do what ya gotta do, as long as you (not allenscribe, you being used as a general term) aren't cheesing.

#7935 AllenScribe

AllenScribe

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2013 - 10:14 PM

I understand. I'm undecided whether to fix QB through the draft or free agency. Guess it depends on who ends up being available.

#7936 irideabike

irideabike

Posted 12 February 2013 - 10:18 PM

Have any of you guys tried that madden for cash thing they advertise in game?

#7937 staticz

staticz

FortySixin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2013 - 10:27 PM

Have any of you guys tried that madden for cash thing they advertise in game?

I played it quite a bit last year and came out maybe $15 ahead. It isn't bad but you run into cheesers. Basically ranked games for money. They claim to monitor for stuff like that, but I think it is only for D/Cs and quitters.
XBL - staticzV2
Steam - stat1cz

#7938 irideabike

irideabike

Posted 12 February 2013 - 10:34 PM

Hmm alright. Wonder if they give you a buck or two to start, might screw around if they do. Definitely not putting real cash in

#7939 staticz

staticz

FortySixin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2013 - 11:11 PM

Hmm alright. Wonder if they give you a buck or two to start, might screw around if they do. Definitely not putting real cash in

Last year Virgin gave you $5 to start. Basically you play a tournament win 5, get $25. $5 to enter.
XBL - staticzV2
Steam - stat1cz

#7940 Superstar

Superstar

CAG Superstar!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2013 - 11:14 PM

It's been a long day, thanks for the laugh...priceless!

Also I'd like to note that I lost to the CPU and have beaten user teams. So putting the n8's team on autopilot doesn't seem like a big deal.

Yeah it's funny when someone doesn't have much time to game. hahahahaahahahah!!!!

;)

#7941 FrankySox

FrankySox

4 more than Lebron

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2013 - 11:33 PM

Yeah it's funny when someone doesn't have much time to game. hahahahaahahahah!!!!

;)

I don't know why it was funny, but for some reason it made my day. Honestly it probably wouldn't have taken much, so thanks again.
CAREER STATS: 521 HR, .301 BA, .419 OBP, 2 MVPs, 0 STEROIDS
Posted Image Posted Image

#7942 DVO21

DVO21

Non-Pro League

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2013 - 01:55 AM

bengals beat texans 44-3

Andrew luck went 14-18 with 285 yards 3 TDs 2 rushs for 28 yards
Darren Sproles had 26 carries for 120 yards 1 TD
AJ Green 6 catches 144 yards 2 TDs
Stephen Hill had 3 catches for 85 yards 1 TD
The Bengals defense played a huge factor in this game
2 Sacks 7 Ints 2 FF 2 Recovered

GG Doc its been a while since we have played it was good talking to u on the mic hope the rest of the season goes better for u bro. also i agree with wut u said earlier u got maddened on a few of thoughs picks

Madden 25

Official League Team: Bengals

Season 1: 0-0

Fans League Team: Possibly Chiefs

Season 1: 0-0

#7943 njrockpd

njrockpd

Posted 13 February 2013 - 02:28 AM

Cowboys owner isnt on the hoempage, are they still open? Otherwise can the cowboys owner PM me? or does anyone know who it is haha

I'm the Cowboys owner. Whats up?

#7944 GpNinja

GpNinja

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2013 - 02:35 AM

I'm the Cowboys owner. Whats up?

We've advanced.. Lol he's probably trying to set up a game.

#7945 GpNinja

GpNinja

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2013 - 02:36 AM

Bills & Raiders will be going down in an hour. I think I may try a new offensive playbook.. So let's see how it goes.

#7946 GamerDude316

GamerDude316

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2013 - 02:40 AM

just to add my $.02 on Nate's autopilot, if thats whats gonna help him right now then he's got my support. Its certainly easy to get burned out on Madden, especially this year in addition to running the league.

#7947 irideabike

irideabike

Posted 13 February 2013 - 04:28 AM

Looking through the season stats and the eagles lesean McCoy is 4th in catches on the year? Holy cow that's random lol

#7948 GamerDude316

GamerDude316

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2013 - 04:34 AM

Looking through the season stats and the eagles lesean McCoy is 4th in catches on the year? Holy cow that's random lol

no more random than your 30 sack lineman or MVP rookie RB lol

#7949 irideabike

irideabike

Posted 13 February 2013 - 04:45 AM

Oh for sure Avril is random. The RB isn't that random, anyone with 98 speed is gonna have a good year, and his carry is well in the 90s. And I have no clue how he is in the running for MVP. Just interesting looking through the stats.

I really wish I had the packers rookie with 99 speed...

#7950 irideabike

irideabike

Posted 13 February 2013 - 04:51 AM

Dang and fitzpatrick with a chance for the all time TD record this year with 34 tds only 16 more to go unless someone already beat the RL record.

Edit: and Fred Jackson has more catches than lesean McCoy. Mind = blown lol