Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

CAGLS: Madden 13 Gentlemen's League - We Finished! Thanks for Playing!

• Please log in to reply
11970 replies to this topic

#9511 Blade3D

Blade3D

Grandmaster Swag

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2013 - 04:43 AM

So the bickering ends I am sending out a anonymous vote on whether to advance now or wait until nate gets back from vacation. You should all receive it within the next 5 minutes and I'll share the results with n8 and the thread and all responses that I receive by noon tomorrow.

I refuse to vote, anarchy!!!

Oh well I'd rather give everybody an equal chance. But hey sorry for putting in my thoughts. Lol

Have they put an equal amount of time into this league?

Check Out My Podcast

Rival Bits

Video Games, Movies, and TV

https://itunes.apple...d884775591?mt=2

181104.pngblade3d.png

#9512 irideabike

irideabike

Posted 19 March 2013 - 04:49 AM

PM has been sent out and I cleared my messages assuming most will respond by then. If it is an overwhelming number either way I will post the response earlier than noon tomorrow.

There are no shortcuts. No do-overs. What happened, happened. Trust me. I know. All of this matters.

Madden 13 SB Champ in the CAG gentleman's league.

#9513 Yo Soy El Tiger

Yo Soy El Tiger

Posted 19 March 2013 - 04:49 AM

Well since this league only has a year left...is there anyone here planning on starting a new one. ..I play everyday...I'm in two leagues with billy mcdugal and two more that are on a break since the commissioner is on vacation as well but those two are prob going to end. ..I would love to join another league that plans to operate for mulitiple yewrs where the contqcts and draft picks actually matter

#9514 Konfusion

Konfusion

Bleeding Purple and Black

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2013 - 04:54 AM

I thought n8 was fine either way...

That is what he said.

It might not seem like it because not everyone is so vocal in the thread, but there are 32 teams in this league and we are not going to be able to accomodate them all. I don't think we should have this delay just so 2 owners can have an extra day or 2 of free agency. Barely any players sign until it's over anyway. Are we going to wait until we have a time where all 32 teams can draft? We didn't last offseason. What's the difference?

Well since this league only has a year left...is there anyone here planning on starting a new one. ..I play everyday...I'm in two leagues with billy mcdugal and two more that are on a break since the commissioner is on vacation as well but those two are prob going to end. ..I would love to join another league that plans to operate for mulitiple yewrs where the contqcts and draft picks actually matter

This last season should take us pretty close to Madden 25. We won't have enough time to do another season. I am under the impression that the league will be back for Madden 25.

#9515 GpNinja

GpNinja

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2013 - 04:56 AM

Who said we only have a year left in the league?

#9516 irideabike

irideabike

Posted 19 March 2013 - 04:57 AM

That is what he said.

It might not seem like it because not everyone is so vocal in the thread, but there are 32 teams in this league and we are not going to be able to accomodate them all. I don't think we should have this delay just so 2 owners can have an extra day or 2 of free agency. Barely any players sign until it's over anyway. Are we going to wait until we have a time where all 32 teams can draft? We didn't last offseason. What's the difference?

So, we can either wait until I get home on Friday to proceed further. OR, I can advance you guys and let somebody take over for me the rest of the way...because without free agency my team is pretty much dead. Honestly, I'm fine either way. It's not like my run to finish last season was incredibly strong anyway. So, whatever the majority wants, that's what we can do. Sorry about this. I really was hoping it wouldn't be this huge of a pain in the ass. If EA had ever released that mobile app that they bragged about back when they were trying to sell the game, it probably would have gone a lot smoother.

Respond to the vote and the majority will get their way. We will either have more votes to wait, or more votes to advance now. Nothing will be decided at this point tonight.

There are no shortcuts. No do-overs. What happened, happened. Trust me. I know. All of this matters.

#9517 irideabike

irideabike

Posted 19 March 2013 - 04:58 AM

Who said we only have a year left in the league?

no one, at this point we just don't know if we will get 2 seasons in before next game or just one.

#9518 Yo Soy El Tiger

Yo Soy El Tiger

That was the general consensus over the last three days that I noticed. ..I would like to be wrong. ..I can go back and quote but I'm on my phone right now

#9519 Blade3D

Blade3D

Grandmaster Swag

• CAGiversary!

Respond to the vote and the majority will get their way. We will either have more votes to wait, or more votes to advance now. Nothing will be decided at this point tonight.

Why does this "vote" decide anything?

Check Out My Podcast

Rival Bits

181104.pngblade3d.png

#9520 irideabike

irideabike

Posted 19 March 2013 - 05:00 AM

Why does this "vote" decide anything?

Read what nate said, and then read what the vote says. Nate stated that the majority of the members of the league will decide what happens, and thus far there are three pushing for advancing now in this thread and the majority said advance later. To stop the fussing about advancing now or advancing later, I simplified the process rather than pushing my agenda or trying to argue one way or another and turned it into a vote, thus allowing the majority aspect to be easier shown leaning one way or another. You guys are making it much more difficult than it needs to be.

#9521 Konfusion

Konfusion

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2013 - 05:01 AM

I will vote, but I doubt you will get many to respond to that by tomorrow. I've sent messages to people before where they have taken nearly a week to respond or they didn't respond at all. Unless you want to argue that their vote doesn't count.

Other problem with your message is it doesn't mention how long the draft will be delayed if we wait. That's the big question here is whether people want to wait that long.

#9522 Blade3D

Blade3D

Grandmaster Swag

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2013 - 05:02 AM

Anarchy!!! Down with this monarchy!!!

Check Out My Podcast

Rival Bits

181104.pngblade3d.png

#9523 irideabike

irideabike

Posted 19 March 2013 - 05:03 AM

I will vote, but I doubt you will get many to respond to that by tomorrow. I've sent messages to people before where they have taken nearly a week to respond or they didn't respond at all. Unless you want to argue that their vote doesn't count.

8 responses thus far out of 32 teams. Those that don't vote by then obviously haven't been paying that much attention to the thread or league so it is safe to assume that they don't mind either way. If you feel like we should wait longer for responses (ie 8est, somewhere like that) I can hold off on the results. We have a fairly active membership.

also you just made me laugh so hard i woke my wife up blade, lmao.

#9524 Blade3D

Blade3D

Grandmaster Swag

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2013 - 05:04 AM

8 responses thus far out of 32 teams. Those that don't vote by then obviously haven't been paying that much attention to the thread or league so it is safe to assume that they don't mind either way.

Or you didn't make the playoffs and have had a week and 1/2 off already...

Check Out My Podcast

Rival Bits

181104.pngblade3d.png

#9525 irideabike

irideabike

Posted 19 March 2013 - 05:08 AM

ya that is true but 25+ of our members have been active on here in the last 24 hours so I expect most of the league to respond or have an opinion. either way n8 said the majority and this is the easiest way to figure it out.

#9526 Konfusion

Konfusion

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2013 - 05:08 AM

8 responses thus far out of 32 teams. Those that don't vote by then obviously haven't been paying that much attention to the thread or league so it is safe to assume that they don't mind either way. If you feel like we should wait longer for responses (ie 8est, somewhere like that) I can hold off on the results. We have a fairly active membership.

also you just made me laugh so hard i woke my wife up blade, lmao.

The problem is your message doesn't mention anything about the draft. The question should basically come down to would you like to draft this weekend with a minor inconvenience to 2 out of 32 owners or draft 3 weeks from now. That's my big problem with this. I just want to make that clear. Maybe people want to draft on Easter. I don't know, nobody responded to that.

#9527 irideabike

irideabike

Posted 19 March 2013 - 05:09 AM

i just wish there was no offseason and we could just go right back into football

#9528 irideabike

irideabike

Posted 19 March 2013 - 05:10 AM

The problem is your message doesn't mention anything about the draft. The question should basically come down to would you like to draft this weekend with a minor inconvenience to 2 out of 32 owners or draft 3 weeks from now.

If we advance tomorrow we would not be drafting this weekend if we stay on a two aday schedule. W-TH, FRI-SAT, SUN-MON with the draft happening sometime during the week. And I thought I mentioned the hold up was for only two teams.

We have 10/32 thus far, I'll keep the topic updated. I'm going to sleep.

#9529 Yo Soy El Tiger

Yo Soy El Tiger

Posted 19 March 2013 - 05:12 AM

The problem is your message doesn't mention anything about the draft. The question should basically come down to would you like to draft this weekend with a minor inconvenience to 2 out of 32 owners or draft 3 weeks from now. That's my big problem with this. I just want to make that clear.

Why would it be pushed back 3 weeks if you guys didn't draft this weekend. ..I guess I'm just not clear on that. ..I've read every post since I joined even before I was able to talk so maybe I missed something before I joined

#9530 Konfusion

Konfusion

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2013 - 05:16 AM

If we advance tomorrow we would not be drafting this weekend if we stay on a two aday schedule. W-TH, FRI-SAT, SUN-MON with the draft happening sometime during the week. And I thought I mentioned the hold up was for only two teams.

We have 10/32 thus far, I'll keep the topic updated.

If we can't draft this weekend, then what are we even arguing about? Free agency is pretty simple. Once people put in their first bids, nothing really changes until the player decides on a team. Players usually don't decide until the final week is advanced. We don't need a regular schedule for free agency. Pretty sure we advanced last season's free agency period pretty quickly because things barely changed from week to week and people were complaining that it took to long.

Why would it be pushed back 3 weeks if you guys didn't draft this weekend. ..I guess I'm just not clear on that. ..I've read every post since I joined even before I was able to talk so maybe I missed something before I joined

3 weeks from now. April 7th. I assume people wouldn't want to draft on Easter Sunday, but I may be wrong. Nobody has chimed in on that.

#9531 Blade3D

Blade3D

Grandmaster Swag

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2013 - 05:37 AM

We have 10/32 thus far, I'll keep the topic updated. I'm going to sleep.

Why couldn't it be TU-WE, THU-FRI, SAT-SUN, and then draft on Sunday with best available time for everyone?

Check Out My Podcast

Rival Bits

181104.pngblade3d.png

#9532 GamerDude316

GamerDude316

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2013 - 10:48 AM

So after thinking about it this is my feeling on advancing:

I really do feel bad for Nate and his circumstances, as well as the Rams owner not being able to get an invite yet (I believe he needs a password to the league. You can find the league itself by searching in leagues but without a password it wont do any good). But, I have to ask, if it were another owner in the league who wasn't the commisioner would everybody really be willing to wait 5 days? I tend to not think so. Let me make it clear this isnt a slam on Nate at all I fully appreciate everything he's done for this league, but we have to look at how we'd handle this if it was another owner as well. So I think we should advance now and give the Rams/Titans exclusive rights on their own guys. We wont be done with FA by Friday anyway so Nate and the Rams owner would still have time to get some offers in on other players.

#9533 jbake_11

jbake_11

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2013 - 11:15 AM

So after thinking about it this is my feeling on advancing:

I really do feel bad for Nate and his circumstances, as well as the Rams owner not being able to get an invite yet (I believe he needs a password to the league. You can find the league itself by searching in leagues but without a password it wont do any good). But, I have to ask, if it were another owner in the league who wasn't the commisioner would everybody really be willing to wait 5 days? I tend to not think so. Let me make it clear this isnt a slam on Nate at all I fully appreciate everything he's done for this league, but we have to look at how we'd handle this if it was another owner as well. So I think we should advance now and give the Rams/Titans exclusive rights on their own guys. We wont be done with FA by Friday anyway so Nate and the Rams owner would still have time to get some offers in on other players.

I have trade ideas floating around involving draft picks, does n8 have to be a part of the approval process?

#9534 DVO21

DVO21

Non-Pro League

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2013 - 12:00 PM

Well if we advance now n8 said he would be done with the league but if dont advance hes staying. So it depends on what we do really to know if he will be part of the trade process. But usually yes he is part of the trade committee

Madden 25

Official League Team: Bengals

Season 1: 0-0

Fans League Team: Possibly Chiefs

Season 1: 0-0

#9535 irideabike

irideabike

Posted 19 March 2013 - 12:00 PM

Why couldn't it be TU-WE, THU-FRI, SAT-SUN, and then draft on Sunday with best available time for everyone?

To be honest I was living in the future and thought today was Wednesday lol.

#9536 slofton

slofton

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2013 - 12:17 PM

I don't mind waiting at all. Its not the end of the world, just a game. Plus I wouldnt be able to draft this weekend and I work every other weekend.

#9537 JoelyPoley

JoelyPoley

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2013 - 12:36 PM

Well if we advance now n8 said he would be done with the league but if dont advance hes staying. So it depends on what we do really to know if he will be part of the trade process. But usually yes he is part of the trade committee

This just seems childish. I would hope he doesn't really mean that.

Last season I was told tough shit (in a nicer tone, but same meaning) on my schedule around the draft. It wasn't even open to discussion. I understand that not everyone is going to be satisfied, and I am okay with that as long as everyone is held to the same standards. But that doesn't seem to be the case.

Edited by JoelyPoley, 19 March 2013 - 12:54 PM.

ASCII stupid question... get a stupid ANSI!

#9538 irideabike

irideabike

Posted 19 March 2013 - 01:02 PM

Update on the response thus far and we are at 19/32 responded thus far. If someone can contact AllenScribe/newworldbush on xbl that would be appreciated, it has been a few days since they were on and I don't want people to be left out if they don't need to be. Everyone else that we are waiting for responses on has been active and just not on yet today.

#9539 Docb9110

Docb9110

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2013 - 01:08 PM

This just seems childish.

Last season I was told tough shit on my schedule around the draft. It wasn't even open to discussion. I understand that not everyone is going to be satisfied, and I am okay with that as long as everyone is held to the same standards. But that doesn't seem to be the case.

I agree. The only reason I want to wait is so that there are no "restricted free agents" with the exception of the cowboys. Same thing happened last year if everyone remembers? We had to wait after FA started to let a few players including N8 sign some players because of a weird glitch? The new guys was understandable but N8 was apart of that group and I can't recall if someone else who had been playing for a while was. There may have been but at the same time we are talking about letting him have exclusive rights again. I'd rather wait for him to come back so EVERYONE (except cowboys) is on the same page when it comes to FA.

I'm tired of the argument and am doing my best to keep quiet! Would the league wait for me if I was gone for a week? Would it wait to advance if even 2-3 of us were away? I honestly don't think it would but Again N8 has the controls so I believe he is TRYING to do the right thing by waiting however I do believe that without him getting butt hurt every time someone mentions maybe having a back up commish for instances such as this so he can actually attempt to get out of the madden world for a bit would be ok. NOT a co-commish but a back up. I don't think the league would hold on doing anything for any other individual. Commish or not that is what is going here and I'm sorry for being crass.

That's my opinion take it or leave it. I feel like there are empty threats of turning it over completely. Either do it or don't. N8 wanted to quit after a "maddened" game last year and literally said he was done for the season. Was there a CPU game from his team played? One if any and here we are, he is still in the league running it and I am fairly certain he played most of his remaining games after that empty threat. I'm not saying I want him to quit but I'm tired of the "cry wolf" thing here.

I voted we wait because I see it as the only way ALL of us are on the same page again.

#9540 Superstar

Superstar

CAG Superstar!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2013 - 01:53 PM

I don't see why it's a huge deal to wait on N8. Him and i don't get along much, but he does a lot for this league. IF the league can't wait until he's done with his vacation, then I don't know what to say. We have a real problem if people can't wait a few days to play in an online league ;)