Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

CAGLS: Madden 13 Gentlemen's League - We Finished! Thanks for Playing!

• Please log in to reply
11970 replies to this topic

#10201 irideabike

irideabike

Posted 29 March 2013 - 05:56 PM

I don't get how the projected round and pick # works in this game. Is it predetermined before the season? The last few weeks I've been scouting some players at positions I need and found what I think are some hidden gems, but their stock doesn't rise.

In NCAA recruiting, players rise up and down depending on your scouting. Makes it easier to see who will be busts or not. Hell, I'm thinking of drafting a projected 3rd rounder with my 7th overall pick based on his stats that I've scouted.

There is no rhyme or reason to it. It is a complete waste of time to even look at the projected draft # imo.

There are no shortcuts. No do-overs. What happened, happened. Trust me. I know. All of this matters.

Madden 13 SB Champ in the CAG gentleman's league.

#10202 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 March 2013 - 06:06 PM

I like to join in for the Ram slot.
Gamertag: Epic MidKnight
TimeZone: PST
Online: Everyday Mon-Sun 9:30PM - 2:00AM (Have to wait till wife & kids are in bed before I can fire up the X360)

Man, not available until 9:30pm PST? That's going to be brutal on the east coasters. You're welcome to join, but you might have some trouble scheduling your games.

#10203 irideabike

irideabike

Posted 29 March 2013 - 06:13 PM

East coasters? That is going to be brutal for those of us in CST too. I know there is no way I'd ever get a game in with him.

There are no shortcuts. No do-overs. What happened, happened. Trust me. I know. All of this matters.

#10204 Flyersfan

Flyersfan

Posted 29 March 2013 - 06:23 PM

There is no rhyme or reason to it. It is a complete waste of time to even look at the projected draft # imo.

Gotcha. Might take my guy with the 7th pick then just to blow the fake twitters (twitterers?) mind. And also because he has great stats of course.

#10205 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 March 2013 - 06:25 PM

East coasters? That is going to be brutal for those of us in CST too. I know there is no way I'd ever get a game in with him.

Haha, well yeah.. I was at least trying to give the most extreme examples. I'm CST also, and I'd probably only be able to make that timeframe on Friday or Saturday. Like I said, he's welcome to join, but I could foresee some instances where I might have to allow an opponent to play his CPU.

#10206 irideabike

irideabike

Posted 29 March 2013 - 06:26 PM

Gotcha. Might take my guy with the 7th pick then just to blow the fake twitters (twitterers?) mind. And also because he has great stats of course.

Oh for sure that is how you should do it. Stats are all that matters, the projections are just there to fill space.

Haha, well yeah.. I was at least trying to give the most extreme examples. I'm CST also, and I'd probably only be able to make that timeframe on Friday or Saturday. Like I said, he's welcome to join, but I could foresee some instances where I might have to allow an opponent to play his CPU.

lol ya completely understand. I don't see a lot of east coasters hopping on at 12:30 at night during the week to get a game in. Heck I don't remember the last time I stayed up that late *old man* :cry:

#10207 njrockpd

njrockpd

Posted 29 March 2013 - 06:30 PM

Well because it looks like there is a good chance the draft might be on sunday the Cowboys picks are available. I have 5 overall as well as the 6 other rounds.

#10208 jbake_11

jbake_11

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 March 2013 - 06:34 PM

i know what the guys going thru but i dont think i could play game at 1230 eastern during the week,what would happen then? forced sim or what?
Man is nothing else but what he makes of himself

#10209 KasterDB

KasterDB

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 March 2013 - 06:58 PM

If anybody has a backup TE or HB they'd like to deal for a 4th or 5th round pick, I might be absent from the draft and am looking to shop those picks.

Check out my podcast, Kind of a Talk Show, on iTunes and like it at facebook.com/koats
166876.png

#10210 Konfusion

Konfusion

Bleeding Purple and Black

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 March 2013 - 07:20 PM

These players are still available for trade.

OT Sam Baker - 88 OVR Zone Block Scheme (83 PBK, 85 RBK, 81 IBK, 88 AWR)
OT Bryant McKinnie - 90 OVR Big Mauler (88 PBK, 86 RBK, 86 IBK, 86 AWR)
DE A.J. Gilbert - 84 OVR Speed Rusher (87 FMV, 83 SPD, 87 ACC)
OLB/DE Paul Kruger - 80 OVR Pass Rusher (93 FMV, 87 BSH, 85 PUR/PRC)
MLB Jameel McClain - 83 OVR (88 HIT, 86 BSH, 86 PUR)
OG Marshal Yanda - 91 OVR (90 RBK, 91 IBL, 87 PBK)
SS Bernard Pollard - 85 OVR Run Support (80 SPD, 91 HIT, 85 PUR, 81 BSH, 80 TKL)
WR Vincent Jackson - 92 OVR (90 CTH, 95 CIT, 95 SPC, 88 RTE, 95 RLS, 90 SPD)
Draft Picks - 23rd pick in all rounds except 3rd

Edited by Konfusion, 29 March 2013 - 07:43 PM.

#10211 AvengedBacklog

AvengedBacklog

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 March 2013 - 07:40 PM

Yeah, I'd only be able to play that guy Fridays or Saturdays and even then by 12:30 I'm usually either asleep or out, no shape to play Madden :D

#10212 CAGLeagueSports

CAGLeagueSports

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 March 2013 - 09:12 PM

i know what the guys going thru but i dont think i could play game at 1230 eastern during the week,what would happen then? forced sim or what?

It definitely wouldn't be a forced sim. I've always tried to follow the logic that whoever made the greater effort or had the larger availability deserves to play the CPU in those instances. And it would be tough to make a case that only being available after midnight for the majority of our players is a "reasonable effort". This isn't a knock on the guy, as I 100% understand his situation (wife and kids).

But at that point, it might just be wise to ask your wife's "permission" to play in a Madden league. It's not like this is a game that requires you to be on for hours at a time. Games are at set times and can be scheduled 3-4 days in advance. I generally just let my wife know that I have a game scheduled, and she knows that I'm unavailable to help with my daughter during that one hour time period. As with anything, good communication goes a long way.
Do you have what it takes to compete?

#10213 CAGLeagueSports

CAGLeagueSports

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 March 2013 - 09:14 PM

Also, I'm going to get a final draft time hammered out tonight, guys. It's taking a little longer than expected because some of the responses I've gotten back for this most recent PM conflict with what the person told me in the first PM. Some people who were unavailable Sunday @ 7PM are all of a sudden available, and vice versa. I'm just going to tally the most recent numbers and see what we get. Doesn't speak much for consistency though, lol.

EDIT - All right, I've received enough responses to make a ruling. Offering times on Monday didn't help at all. It may seem surprising, but I've already got 9 people who would not be able to make Monday at all, and 2 more who wouldn't be able to make the most popular time that day. So, I would say after reasonably exhaustive research, Sunday @ 7PM EST is the time the most people can make. I apologize to those who can't make it that day. There just isn't a better way to do it. Of course, again, EA could have alleviated some of this aggravation just by making the draft system as functional as it was in Madden 12. I'm not sure how they figure that removing being able to set up a draft board in advance and removing the ability to draft from the website made for a better game. But yeah...EA is a horrible developer. Anyway...

Madden 13 Gentlemen's League Draft - Sunday, March 31st at 7PM EST!

*Trades submitted after 2PM EST on 3/31 will not be reviewed until after the draft. Meaning, if you have a trade involving a draft pick, get it in before 2PM EST on draft day.

Edited by CAGLeagueSports, 29 March 2013 - 10:07 PM.

Do you have what it takes to compete?

#10214 Ultimate Matt X

Ultimate Matt X

Posted 29 March 2013 - 09:37 PM

Just want to let everyone know I'm trying to read and respond to PMs, but depending on when I go out of town it is hard to respond to everything.

I'd like to work out pre-draft trades, but more than likely I'll probably just have to pick who I pick and then try to make some moves after the draft.

#10215 DVO21

DVO21

Non-Pro League

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 March 2013 - 09:50 PM

Im really glad to see the cowboys are keeping romo. I know alot of people think he sucks. Which i will admit he does choke at times. But his offensive line has never really helped the guy out that much.

Madden 25

Official League Team: Bengals

Season 1: 0-0

Fans League Team: Possibly Chiefs

#10216 njrockpd

njrockpd

Posted 29 March 2013 - 10:14 PM

Short sale for all of the Cowboys draft picks.

#10217 JoelyPoley

JoelyPoley

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 March 2013 - 10:16 PM

Im really glad to see the cowboys are keeping romo. I know alot of people think he sucks. Which i will admit he does choke at times. But his offensive line has never really helped the guy out that much.

I think the rest of us are happy too. We don't have to worry about seeing the cowboys in the Super Bowl anytime soon lol.
ASCII stupid question... get a stupid ANSI!

#10218 GpNinja

GpNinja

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 March 2013 - 10:25 PM

So is there a way to set a draft board or something so the CPU can draft people for you? I believe I'll be at work during the draft. :( sucks cause I found some really good backups and possible starters for me.

#10219 Konfusion

Konfusion

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 March 2013 - 10:27 PM

For anyone that I am in trade discussions with, who I end up trading with might come down to whoever comes to me first with a final offer. I'm not going to wait until the 2 PM deadline on Sunday for you to field offers on your guys, then have my trade rejected with no chance to revise it. If you want any of my guys, I would like to come to an agreement sometime tonight so we have a chance to revise the trade if it gets rejected.

For those of you who won't be able to make it to the draft, I have some starting quality players I would trade for your picks. I would like to agree to deals sometime tonight if possible.

#10220 slofton

slofton

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 March 2013 - 10:28 PM

So is there a way to set a draft board or something so the CPU can draft people for you? I believe I'll be at work during the draft. :( sucks cause I found some really good backups and possible starters for me.

Sadly, no

#10221 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 March 2013 - 10:31 PM

Nope. EA removed that feature from the game because it's their goal to ruin everything that is good and make each game as shitty as possible, lol.

#10222 slofton

slofton

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 March 2013 - 10:33 PM

Nope. EA removed that feature from the game because it's their goal to ruin everything that is good and make each game as shitty as possible, lol.

I truthfully cannot agree more.

In all serious though. I just found out a have a friend who's cousin works as a coder for the Madden series. I may have to get in contact with this guy

#10223 DVO21

DVO21

Non-Pro League

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 March 2013 - 10:39 PM

I think the rest of us are happy too. We don't have to worry about seeing the cowboys in the Super Bowl anytime soon lol.

Who is ur team?

Madden 25

Official League Team: Bengals

Fans League Team: Possibly Chiefs

#10224 slofton

slofton

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 March 2013 - 10:46 PM

I think he's a pretty good QB. I'd trade Josh Freeman for him anyday. But my hang up is the money.

Also, why do QBs want to always be the highest payed player in history? They know its only going to last till the next big QB contract. (What? One season at most?) Why not take less money and enable the team to get better players for you to work with? Look at Flacco. He was the highest paid for like a week and they lost a lot of players because of it

#10225 JoelyPoley

JoelyPoley

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 March 2013 - 10:57 PM

Who is ur team?

Redskins. In this league and in life.
ASCII stupid question... get a stupid ANSI!

#10226 Konfusion

Konfusion

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 March 2013 - 11:20 PM

Look at Flacco. He was the highest paid for like a week and they lost a lot of players because of it

That's actually a common misconception. Flacco's 2013 cap number is only $6.8M. His 2014 and 2015 numbers are slightly under $15M. The deal is expected to be restructured after that because his number inflates to nearly $30M in 2016. Baltimore lost players because they weren't willing to overpay for guys they didn't need.

#10227 Yo Soy El Tiger

Yo Soy El Tiger

Posted 30 March 2013 - 12:30 AM

Any wild trades going on out there?

#10228 njrockpd

njrockpd

Posted 30 March 2013 - 12:33 AM

Any wild trades going on out there?

I'm working on a couple!

#10229 pitfallharry219

pitfallharry219

It's go time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 March 2013 - 12:35 AM

Any (very early) word on the Bears trade? Not to rush, but I'd like to have time to redo it before the draft if necessary.

#10230 Dark Rider

Dark Rider

Looks Dashing

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 March 2013 - 12:36 AM

Also, I'm going to get a final draft time hammered out tonight, guys. It's taking a little longer than expected because some of the responses I've gotten back for this most recent PM conflict with what the person told me in the first PM. Some people who were unavailable Sunday @ 7PM are all of a sudden available, and vice versa. I'm just going to tally the most recent numbers and see what we get. Doesn't speak much for consistency though, lol.

I have a reason for this! I originally thought I would be having a late Easter dinner with family. It changed, and is now a lunch, so I can make both times!

Edit:

Any (very early) word on the Bears trade? Not to rush, but I'd like to have time to redo it before the draft if necessary.

We've seen it. I have voted. I am sure you'll see a response soon. Same with the Ravens/Colts trade.