Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

CAGLS: Madden 13 Gentlemen's League - We Finished! Thanks for Playing!

• Please log in to reply
11970 replies to this topic

#1621 Dark Rider

Dark Rider

Looks Dashing

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 September 2012 - 03:29 AM

I saw Matt Ryan threw 8 tds and I'm not going to lie my first thought was geez running up the score much for XP and then I saw the final score. Must of been some game.

It was one hell of a game.

Falcons - 61
Broncos - 58

It was a shootout all game. It ended up coming down to a last minute field goal in over time to finish it. There are some things I need to change with my defense, but I made up for it on offense. Some of the stats are insane.

Matt Ryan, 8TDs, 1 int, 548yrds.
Julio Jones, 325yrds, 5TDs.
Spoiler

Peyton Manning, 4TDs, 325yrds,
Willis MaGahee, 284yrds, 3TDs,
Jacob Tamme, 208yrds, 3Tds,

Great game aft3rsh0ck! It got insane.

#1622 shotgunshine

shotgunshine

The People's Champ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 September 2012 - 03:41 AM

Wow at those stats...were there any picks or turnovers of any kind?
Posted Image

#1623 Docb9110

Docb9110

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Because Beck is the ideal running QB... I was thinking like Vick or Pryor or Tyrod Taylor or someone.

WOW...My bad....Dick!

#1624 dr0ppinL0adz

dr0ppinL0adz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

It's not very gentlemanlike to start the third string HB you wanted in the trade with me solely because "shoot i forgot i need 3 rb" and run all over the field with him just to prove you can.

Besides that, fairly expected outcome. Patriots 21 Cardinals 3.

And I absolutely need a new quarterback, Skelton is pick city. Anyone with a QB who can run hit me up, any OVR I'm interested.

Sounds like TEBOW TIME! I also have dirty Sanchez... somebody please take them

#1625 Aft3rSh0ck24

Aft3rSh0ck24

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 September 2012 - 05:02 AM

Yeah matt ryan had one interception, im not sure about peyton but it was one hell of an offensive game. we just couldnt stop each other

#1626 fsecreast

fsecreast

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 September 2012 - 03:26 PM

Now I don't mean to sound like a dick or anything but with the XP system this year, shouldn't we reconsider this "running up the score rule"? I mean, when you have a bad or young team and you're trying to catch up to the big dogs with stacked teams every XP counts.

And to say its not realistic isn't exactly accurate, doesn't anyone remember the Pats 2007 FU season? Or how about the Bucs(I think it's them) playing hard right until the end of the game this year(going after Eli on the kneel down).

Even when I'm losing, I don't mind it because I hate watching the game clock slowly tick down, even if it means the other team is adding onto the blowout. I mean its really on me to stop them from doing that. Plus I wouldn't want to deprive them of getting XP for the players just because my feelings might get hurt.

I know this is a gentleman's league and everything and I don't mean to sound like a douchebag but I think with the XP system this year it's kinda silly not to allow teams to try to get as much points as possible.

Maybe I'm alone in thinking this way, but I'd like to hear other opinions.

#1627 DarkTower80

DarkTower80

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 September 2012 - 03:30 PM

I am totally against running up the score.

#1628 shotgunshine

shotgunshine

The People's Champ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 September 2012 - 03:32 PM

I am totally against running up the score.

Same here. The reason I joined this league was so people don't cheese, take advantage of exploits, and be assholes by running up the score.
Posted Image

#1629 Aft3rSh0ck24

Aft3rSh0ck24

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 September 2012 - 04:08 PM

Yeah if people start running up the score people are going to get discouraged and quit. And if they are able to blow teams out then they probably dont need the xp as much as the person getting blown out. Just my opinion.

#1630 Chetty12

Chetty12

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 September 2012 - 04:08 PM

Running up the score just makes the game take longer.

Madden 25 Official CAG League Record: Season 1: 19-0, Season 2: 18-1

Madden 25 Official CAG League, Season 1 and 2 Super Bowl Champion: Buffalo Bills

Madden 2013 Official CAG League, Season 4 Super Bowl Champion: Arizona Cardinals

#1631 moojuice

moojuice

Posted 30 September 2012 - 04:16 PM

IMO that would be a slippery slope.

I need to run up the score so I get get XP.
Because I need XP, I'm going use any mean necessary to win.
I'm going use any mean necessary to win, so I'm going to be a douche bag exploiter.
I'm going to be a douche bag exploiter, and everyone is going to hate me.
Everyone hates me, so I have no self esteem and am depressed.
I am depressed, so I am going to become a stripper and do drugs.
I am now ugly because of the drugs, and lost my job as a stripper. Now I do sexual favors for money on the corner by McDonalds.

See what happens if we allow running up the score?

#1632 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 September 2012 - 04:19 PM

Now I don't mean to sound like a dick or anything but with the XP system this year, shouldn't we reconsider this "running up the score rule"? I mean, when you have a bad or young team and you're trying to catch up to the big dogs with stacked teams every XP counts.

And to say its not realistic isn't exactly accurate, doesn't anyone remember the Pats 2007 FU season? Or how about the Bucs(I think it's them) playing hard right until the end of the game this year(going after Eli on the kneel down).

Even when I'm losing, I don't mind it because I hate watching the game clock slowly tick down, even if it means the other team is adding onto the blowout. I mean its really on me to stop them from doing that. Plus I wouldn't want to deprive them of getting XP for the players just because my feelings might get hurt.

I know this is a gentleman's league and everything and I don't mean to sound like a douchebag but I think with the XP system this year it's kinda silly not to allow teams to try to get as much points as possible.

Maybe I'm alone in thinking this way, but I'd like to hear other opinions.

Yup, I'm sorry but I couldn't disagree more. This same argument was brought up in the other league (though not from an "I have a bad team" position), and it's just not a negotiable iseue. The notion that you're going to "catch up with the good teams" by running a hurry up offense when you're up 42- 3, so you can get more XP for your players is ridiculous.

You may get that XP you're so desperately chasing, but you'll also be playing in an empty league because nobody is going to just sit there and tolerate that garbage. This league was created for the sole purpose of sportsmanship. Anybody who has a problem accepting that is in the wrong place.

#1633 jza1218

jza1218

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 September 2012 - 04:23 PM

I'm dead set against running up the score.

#1634 DVO21

DVO21

Non-Pro League

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 September 2012 - 04:59 PM

I'm dead set against running up the score.

yerp

Madden 25

Official League Team: Bengals

Season 1: 0-0

Fans League Team: Possibly Chiefs

#1635 DVO21

DVO21

Non-Pro League

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 September 2012 - 05:24 PM

was wondering if the committee has made there votes on the bengals texan trade

Madden 25

#1636 pitfallharry219

pitfallharry219

It's go time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 September 2012 - 05:32 PM

was wondering if the committee has made there votes on the bengals texan trade

No. It hasn't been put up for voting yet. n8's busy moving this weekend, so it might be a day or two.

#1637 DVO21

DVO21

Non-Pro League

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 September 2012 - 05:35 PM

o ok then its whatever as long as i know before my week 3 game

Madden 25

#1638 DVO21

DVO21

Non-Pro League

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 September 2012 - 06:05 PM

wuts the word on this gibson guy the raiders owner has he started playing his games now or is he still MIA

Madden 25

#1639 shotgunshine

shotgunshine

The People's Champ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 September 2012 - 06:09 PM

wuts the word on this gibson guy the raiders owner has he started playing his games now or is he still MIA

Someone else took over that team.
Posted Image

#1640 Aft3rSh0ck24

Aft3rSh0ck24

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 September 2012 - 06:12 PM

do you know who took over the raiders because the thread says hes still the owner

#1641 fsecreast

fsecreast

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 September 2012 - 06:14 PM

Yup, I'm sorry but I couldn't disagree more. This same argument was brought up in the other league (though not from an "I have a bad team" position), and it's just not a negotiable iseue. The notion that you're going to "catch up with the good teams" by running a hurry up offense when you're up 42- 3, so you can get more XP for your players is ridiculous.

You may get that XP you're so desperately chasing, but you'll also be playing in an empty league because nobody is going to just sit there and tolerate that garbage. This league was created for the sole purpose of sportsmanship. Anybody who has a problem accepting that is in the wrong place.

I'm not talking about running a hurry up offense. I'm talking about letting the clock tick down to 1 before every play. Or purposefully not scoring touchdowns.

I'm talking about running the ball and breaking off a big run and stopping at the goal line and not scoring and turning the ball over on downs just because I shouldn't be "running up the score".

My week 2 game was a blowout but I wasn't running up the score. I was running the ball on most downs and it just so happened that I kept breaking off decent runs and kept the chains moving. Eventually I scored. I was trying to let the clock run out as much as possible and not throwing Hail Mary plays and not running a hurry up.

#1642 Chetty12

Chetty12

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 September 2012 - 06:21 PM

I'm not talking about running a hurry up offense. I'm talking about letting the clock tick down to 1 before every play. Or purposefully not scoring touchdowns.

I'm talking about running the ball and breaking off a big run and stopping at the goal line and not scoring and turning the ball over on downs just because I shouldn't be "running up the score".

My week 2 game was a blowout but I wasn't running up the score. I was running the ball on most downs and it just so happened that I kept breaking off decent runs and kept the chains moving. Eventually I scored. I was trying to let the clock run out as much as possible and not throwing Hail Mary plays and not running a hurry up.

That's not how your initial post made it seem. Everyone is fine with the situation your bringing up, we all realize sometimes scoring is inevitable. But when you say "Score as much as possible" it gives off a tone of, i'm going to be a douche and do whatever it takes to get as many points as i can no matter the situation, which is just stupid and waste everyone's time because it makes the game unnecessarily longer.

Madden 25 Official CAG League, Season 1 and 2 Super Bowl Champion: Buffalo Bills

Madden 2013 Official CAG League, Season 4 Super Bowl Champion: Arizona Cardinals

#1643 Chetty12

Chetty12

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 September 2012 - 06:26 PM

do you know who took over the raiders because the thread says hes still the owner

I believe Flyersfan is the new Oakland owner.

#1644 fsecreast

fsecreast

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 September 2012 - 06:42 PM

That's not how your initial post made it seem. Everyone is fine with the situation your bringing up, we all realize sometimes scoring is inevitable. But when you say "Score as much as possible" it gives off a tone of, i'm going to be a douche and do whatever it takes to get as many points as i can no matter the situation, which is just stupid and waste everyone's time because it makes the game unnecessarily longer.

I'm sorry, I should have clarified.

#1645 jza1218

jza1218

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 September 2012 - 07:18 PM

Bucs-Giants wound up desyncing in the 3rd quarter with TB up 21-7. It appears the game didn't count. However he had to take off right after, so I guess he should play the cpu.

#1646 cgarb84

cgarb84

KEAK HEEM IN DA BALLS!!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 September 2012 - 07:22 PM

Sorry about that jza, I think the lag was once again on my end. I don't have a great Internet connection but it should be good enough for this game so I don't know what the hell is going on. If I keep having problems I might just have to quit the league, it will piss me off but I don't know what to do at this point.
Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image

#1647 cgarb84

cgarb84

KEAK HEEM IN DA BALLS!!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 September 2012 - 07:23 PM

If we don't end up playing again you can get the win if you want, the wins and losses aren't the end of the world for me. I just can't stand getting disconnected in a game like that, in the 3rd quarter when it looked like I might have a shot to win (I'm not a good Madden player at all lol). ARGH so frustrating!!!!
Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image

#1648 Flyersfan

Flyersfan

Posted 30 September 2012 - 08:26 PM

Yeah I'm the Raiders now, if you have trade proposals or need to schedule games pm me.

#1649 DVO21

DVO21

Non-Pro League

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2012 - 01:58 AM

thread dead

Madden 25

#1650 Aft3rSh0ck24