Amazon Warehouse Deals Thread VI

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
10105 replies to this topic

#4891 MildObstruction

MildObstruction

the artist formerly known as pete not pete

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2013 - 04:16 PM

who wouldn't want Retro gaming to have some of a comeback...

More revenue stream with already made games to sell from a already weak and pretty close to unprofitable industry... no thanks to people unwilling to pay $60 for games

Unless they just sell CODs for the rest of their lives....

Sorry to derail but I always thought they picked the wrong generation to push the $60 MSRP and it ended up kinda biting everyone, customer and company alike (especially when combined with the push for DLC to get the net 'sale price' of a game up). I'm frightened of whatever the prices might be for the next gen purportedly hitting this year.

MildObstruction.png

#4892 Caoz

Caoz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2013 - 04:18 PM

99 or less new soon

Bought one for 128... and cancelled a couple mins later after thinking about it... There doesn't seems to be a lot of demand for it so it should drop even lower soon...

#4893 shivan128

shivan128

CAG at heart

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2013 - 04:22 PM

Bought one for 128... and cancelled a couple mins later after thinking about it... There doesn't seems to be a lot of demand for it so it should drop even lower soon...

I will also bite at < $100

edaa9c273976.png

My tradelist: http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=301364

Currently Playing:  :vita: Dragon Fantasy book 2, :3ds: Azure Striker Gunvolt, :360: N/A, :ps3: N/A, :ps4: Diablo 3, :wiiu: Hyrule Warriors

#4894 Finger_Shocker

Finger_Shocker

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2013 - 04:23 PM

Sorry to derail but I always thought they picked the wrong generation to push the $60 MSRP and it ended up kinda biting everyone, customer and company alike (especially when combined with the push for DLC to get the net 'sale price' of a game up). I'm frightened of whatever the prices might be for the next gen purportedly hitting this year.

If you think about it compared to the rest of the world, $60 is mere peanuts ( earned) in this country compared to elsewhere

If you think about the cost of businesses and talent involved, and the cost of living, doing business... charging $60 is really not even that outrageous..
Most game developers aren't living the high life or have much to brag about with their salaries.

Just remember that $60 is probably split to over 1000s of sources that need to be paid.

#4895 nixmahn

nixmahn

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2013 - 04:57 PM

I would agree with this statement I sent in my copy of cod2 for the Xbox only played it like twice then I realized I have more friends that play it on the ps3. So I sent it in to get credit for the new one well it was in great condition and they said it was only acceptable. Odiously they don't know how to judge at all.

I think th epeople AWD contracts out to is getting more scammy. I think they downgrade stuff so they save more "money" /credit then over estimate the condition when trying to sell to get more profit.

I've been noticing this since they moved there game processing center to Kentucky. I don't order alot from AWD, but my more recent AWD purchases have been dissappointing.

#4896 NightCat

NightCat

Backtoad_Overload

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2013 - 05:00 PM

I think th epeople AWD contracts out to is getting more scammy. I think they downgrade stuff so they save more "money" /credit then over estimate the condition when trying to sell to get more profit.

I've been noticing this since they moved there game processing center to Kentucky. I don't order alot from AWD, but my more recent AWD purchases have been dissappointing.

anything fullfilled by amzn is effected it sucks...

#4897 Crunchewy

Crunchewy

Posted 17 January 2013 - 05:01 PM

My Like New PS3 bluetooth remote arrived yesterday. It was repackaged (batteries were in the remote), so must have been a return, but does look new, including packaging. It seems to work perfectly, but I can't test every button (no 3D TV, so can't test the 3D toggle button, for example). But maybe I see why they returned it. This thing will control a lot of brands of TVs, but it only will control Sony stereos. What? That's pretty lame.

Also, it doesn't seem that well designed. It's sort of out of balance. The main buttons you want to use, for blu-ray playback and such, are at the bottom, and it's a fairly tall remote. Also there's so many buttons I find myself having to search for the one I want. I think they should have gone minimal. Still it's useful, so I'll keep it, but I really wish it could control my stereo. I won't be buying a Sony stereo just to make that work.

Another issue is that the volume controls can't be held down to raise/lower volume on my Samsung TV. You have to tap, tap, tap to raise/lower it. But I don't blame this remote. That also happens with another programmable remote I have, so I guess it's a dumb Samsung thing.

Crunchewy.png

#4898 boogie4114

boogie4114

Enthusiastic Gamer!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2013 - 07:27 PM

Anyone see something wrong with this

Posted Image

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

:wall:

#4899 NonShalant

NonShalant

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2013 - 07:36 PM

Posted Image

The rock band edition of the last story! That's a collectors item! Lmaoooo
It's not what u do, but how it's done

#4900 kouleefoh

kouleefoh

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2013 - 07:38 PM

You bought a camera and the focus didn't work?

#4901 AsstronautJones

AsstronautJones

bang bang what's the hang

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2013 - 07:39 PM

Hahahaha

#4902 JBlade00

JBlade00

pwnage!!1!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2013 - 07:44 PM

I know that was a joke, but for some reason I can't help but point out the solution. Looks like dirty lens phone camera to me (needs a wipe).
Jon Supnick - Web Designer
- http://www.jsupnick.com

#4903 boogie4114

boogie4114

Enthusiastic Gamer!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2013 - 07:44 PM

^^^^hahaha. Sorry still using an old iphone but I"m pissed cuz I was looking forward to it possibly be The Last Story with the soundtrack and artbook since people were getting lucky with that through the warehouse.

#4904 sasukekun

sasukekun

Cat-Like Typing Detected

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2013 - 08:53 PM

At a certain point they may not let you order from them anymore...

Why would they stop me from ordering stuff from them? It's not my fault they sent me defective/damaged items.

Cognitive Dissonance: Wanna join my Call of Duty 4 clan?
Me: Who are you?
Cognitive Dissonance: You ask too many questions. Never mind. You're out.

#4905 apterous

apterous

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2013 - 09:19 PM

Posted Image

I bet some guy buying Rock Band opened it up and said "awww, what's this :censored: game about? I wanna ROCK OOOOOOOOUT!"
Posted Image

#4906 icpmattj

icpmattj

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 03:35 AM

got my copy of Pokemon rumble blast for 3ds. Was $22 and some change.

was still sealed in original packaging :)

#4907 Mixer23

Mixer23

I was the Turkey!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 10:23 PM

If you think about it compared to the rest of the world, $60 is mere peanuts ( earned) in this country compared to elsewhere

If you think about the cost of businesses and talent involved, and the cost of living, doing business... charging $60 is really not even that outrageous..
Most game developers aren't living the high life or have much to brag about with their salaries.

Just remember that $60 is probably split to over 1000s of sources that need to be paid.

Agreed.

Let's also not forget that games used to cost way more than $60, so it's not like this is anything new anyway, just $10 up from the last gen.

The articles I read seem to conjure up these images of Capcom executives sitting in a dark room with a cauldron and cackling about how no one will be able to buy this game used.

Do you really think I could start a fast food restaurant called McDonaldz and use the golden arches as my logo and get away with it?

Mixer23.png

#4908 detectiveconan16

detectiveconan16

Look at that deal. It's so great!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 10:38 PM

Yeah, one shouldn't be angry that video games cost $60. I should be angry that the average buying power of Americans is a joke. Games used to cost more than $60 in the 90s, and people didn't mind that much, especially since they could afford life's necessities rather easily.

Batsugunner.png

#4909 Blade

Blade

Butt Blamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 10:45 PM

Why would they stop me from ordering stuff from them? It's not my fault they sent me defective/damaged items.

Because some filthy people have ordered things before you and exchanged the new products for defective ones they already had and sent it back for a refund. Whenever there's something that can be abused, people will abuse it, and AWD knows that.
Earn $10 instantly with Groupon!

We as a community feel that it would be best if you didn't trade on here anymore. Despite your 350 positive transactions, I'm deactivating your account on 99Gamers because you offend me. I'm unrelatable, give poor customer service, and am now taking away your invested time and money because I don't like you.

Best,
Brandon, Owner of 99Gamers.com

#4910 sp00ge

sp00ge

Fluggaenkoecchicebolsen!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 10:52 PM

Agreed.

Let's also not forget that games used to cost way more than $60, so it's not like this is anything new anyway, just $10 up from the last gen.

Yep, I paid $80 (~$120 adjusted for inflation) for Final Fantasy III when it came out back in '94.

NES games were $40-50 back in the 80's, which is about $80-90 today. Also, consider the amount of work that goes into a game nowadays compared to the 8-bit era, and tell me games aren't a bargain nowadays.

Bored? Too much money than you know what to do with? Why not check out my Amazon Storefront? If you see anything you want, send me a PM! Make an offer, either monetary or trade! Over 2000 items, and more added daily!

Make your pledge today towards this years Extra-Life 24-Hour Marathon Charity!  All donations over $25 will receive a free 3d-printed and hand painted gift!  PM me for details!  http://www.extra-lif...nt/brokenpinata

#4911 ShockandAww

ShockandAww

Truth is treason

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 10:55 PM

I've been 0/3 for ordering from from AWD.

#1 - FEB Vita (Bottom left of touch screen did not work)
#2 - LG LED TV (Had big dark spots on screen)
#3 - Aquarium Decor (Snapped in half, and some parts were missing)

Don't know if I wanna try ordering anything from AWD anymore.

For #1: I've owned 3 Vitas and surprisingly havent heard much about it but there does seem to be an overall issue with the bottom left of the Vitas Touch screen imo. On all 3 I've owned it has not worked as well as other areas of the screen. There might be some variance there though because it works better (but still not perfectly) on my white Vita.

For #2: That's extremely common on TVs and also on the Vita. Was it not watchable or just an annoyance or what? My TV has clouding spots all over when there's no picture but once I'm watching anything I don't see it.

#4912 MildObstruction

MildObstruction

the artist formerly known as pete not pete

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2013 - 12:06 AM

Yep, I paid $80 (~$120 adjusted for inflation) for Final Fantasy III when it came out back in '94.

NES games were $40-50 back in the 80's, which is about $80-90 today. Also, consider the amount of work that goes into a game nowadays compared to the 8-bit era, and tell me games aren't a bargain nowadays.

No doubt are video games the best bargain there is for entertainment, and very possibly I'm wrong, I just think that maintaining the $50 msrp from last gen could've made it easier to sell more at release without having to drop prices/support sales so early on and maybe that would've gotten companies to take more risks on new franchises/unique titles. I really don't mean it as a bitchy 'games cost too much' comment, but more of a 'maybe it could've helped the industry thrive' comment.

MildObstruction.png

#4913 my2k2zx2

my2k2zx2

Molly, Rockin the Doggles

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2013 - 12:11 AM

I thought Virtua Racing was mis-priced when I saw $99.99 on it at Meijer when it was released.

Secret of Mana was $69.99 when I picked that up after renting it about 5 times.

Edited by my2k2zx2, 19 January 2013 - 12:26 AM.

If its free, its for me!!

#4914 whitereflection

whitereflection

Shake well before serving

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2013 - 12:59 AM

Yeah, one shouldn't be angry that video games cost $60. I should be angry that the average buying power of Americans is a joke. Games used to cost more than $60 in the 90s, and people didn't mind that much, especially since they could afford life's necessities rather easily.

What are you talking about? Americans enjoy the most purchasing power of any modern country today. Consumer products and services are more expensive everywhere else.

#4915 Kazaganthi

Kazaganthi

Blue Rogue

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2013 - 01:18 AM

How about you compare CDs/DVDs to DVDs/Blu-rays instead of cartridges. Mass producing custom cartridges with motherboards/chips vs bulk CDs is laughable. I remember buying PS1 games (before PS2 came out) for $19.99 MSRP, not on release day I know, but even back then I was a cheapass. 2-3 older proven good games, or 1 new game I don't know about.

#4916 Jackie Chandler

Jackie Chandler

Jamanandayo!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2013 - 01:19 AM

What are you talking about? Americans enjoy the most purchasing power of any modern country today. Consumer products and services are more expensive everywhere else.

I think he's saying it's a joke because Americans have that much purchasing power.

#4917 elessar123

elessar123

96.5% more WUB WUB

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2013 - 02:31 AM

I think he's saying it's a joke because Americans have that much purchasing power.

I don't think he was being sarcastic. In terms of buying power, it's been dropping recently.

Edit: Not the same one I saw a few months ago, but clear enough:
Spoiler

elessar123.png

#4918 Jackie Chandler

Jackie Chandler

Jamanandayo!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2013 - 02:49 AM

I don't think he was being sarcastic. In terms of buying power, it's been dropping recently.

Edit: Not the same one I saw a few months ago, but clear enough:

Spoiler

I wasn't saying he was being sarcastic. I was saying that he's probably using the term "joke" to imply that an American's buying power is too high, rather than too low (I think). Because if you assume the latter, why would he have made his first and last point? It would be kind of contradictory to say "people shouldn't be mad because games cost $60 at most, especially when they used to cost much more than that, and people were able to afford plenty when they were still so expensive- but Americans' buying power now is too damn low." I mean, I get that the economy's been better, but I wouldn't try to tell someone that while I'm telling them (at least compared to other countries) that they don't have to worry about game costs cutting into their buying power so much.

#4919 sp00ge

sp00ge

Fluggaenkoecchicebolsen!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2013 - 02:49 AM

How about you compare CDs/DVDs to DVDs/Blu-rays instead of cartridges. Mass producing custom cartridges with motherboards/chips vs bulk CDs is laughable.

Comparing production costs of the actual software then and now is laughable. Back then, yes, cartridges cost more to produce, but games also had far lower production budgets, far less staff, programmers ,etc. Today, the media costs pennies, but you're looking at $20M+ budgets. GTA4 had a budget of $100M.

Bored? Too much money than you know what to do with? Why not check out my Amazon Storefront? If you see anything you want, send me a PM! Make an offer, either monetary or trade! Over 2000 items, and more added daily!

Make your pledge today towards this years Extra-Life 24-Hour Marathon Charity!  All donations over $25 will receive a free 3d-printed and hand painted gift!  PM me for details!  http://www.extra-lif...nt/brokenpinata

#4920 Kazaganthi

Kazaganthi

Blue Rogue

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2013 - 03:03 AM

Comparing production costs of the actual software then and now is laughable. Back then, yes, cartridges cost more to produce, but games also had far lower production budgets, far less staff, programmers ,etc. Today, the media costs pennies, but you're looking at $20M+ budgets. GTA4 had a budget of $100M.

Good point