Amazon Warehouse Deals Thread VI

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
10105 replies to this topic

#691 sp00ge

sp00ge

Fluggaenkoecchicebolsen!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 September 2012 - 03:30 AM

i know this is a stupid question, but how does a-z work exactly. i mean i never had to use it, but still would like to know

If the item you ordered is not as described, you need to contact the seller to try to fix the problem. If the seller doesn't respond or attempt to help (in 72 hours, I think is the Amazon rule) you can file an A-to-Z claim and then the seller has the opportunity to state their side of the story, why they didn't respond/accept a return, etc or they can issue a refund and close the claim. Amazon will look at the information provided and make a decision, which on average is weighted in favor of the buyer, but not always.

It either is found in favor of the buyer or seller, or if the seller really isn't at fault, they will find in favor of the buyer, but pay for it themselves. The latter are the ones that will eventually get you in trouble, as it's basically saying "your claim doesn't add up, but we'll take care of you this time."

Bored? Too much money than you know what to do with? Why not check out my Amazon Storefront? If you see anything you want, send me a PM! Make an offer, either monetary or trade! Over 2000 items, and more added daily!

#692 sp00ge

sp00ge

Fluggaenkoecchicebolsen!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 September 2012 - 03:34 AM

The issue is that if you use too many of them for obvious bullshit sellers, when you really need it, you'll be out.

Interesting, but 50 is a LOT. I've never needed to file an A-Z, and the only few A-Z's I've had filed against me were from either a) impatient or b) ignorant customers. The impatient customer contacted me on Saturday night, and filed a claim Monday morning (literally as I was responding to his email), somehow bypassing the 72-hour contact window. The other few were people who refused to ship the item back and demanded a refund.

Bored? Too much money than you know what to do with? Why not check out my Amazon Storefront? If you see anything you want, send me a PM! Make an offer, either monetary or trade! Over 2000 items, and more added daily!

#693 kouleefoh

kouleefoh

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 September 2012 - 03:37 AM

Yea 50 is a lot. I mean if I have to use so many of my 50 on "obvious bullshit seller" then I deserve to take the loss when my 50 is up. :lol:

#694 Confucius

Confucius

Yeah I fixed it

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 September 2012 - 03:41 AM

yeah, I think I've used exactly 0.

Still, you know Amazon could change it at any time. My point is not to buy stuff that's obvious scams with the "well, I'm covered!" attitude a lot of cags seem to have about these things, especially ebay sellers.

"I know $20 for a new xbox console seems too good to be true but I'm protected!"

Ees7Y.jpg

I'm 100% shocked that books still exist in today's day and age. I thought they'd be out by now. They make up like 1% of today's entertainment and unless you're 60 or older, stray away from books and start emersing yourself with real entertainment.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Codes for Free / Codes for Trade

#695 YBX87

YBX87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 September 2012 - 03:42 AM

Yea 50 is a lot. I mean if I have to use so many of my 50 on "obvious bullshit seller" then I deserve to take the loss when my 50 is up. :lol:

lol, i know right, so if i buy a brand name tv for $900 +, and filed the a-z claim. amazon will refund me, ROflmao. that is just crazy if it works that way

#696 sp00ge

sp00ge

Fluggaenkoecchicebolsen!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 September 2012 - 03:44 AM

yeah, I think I've used exactly 0.

Still, you know Amazon could change it at any time. My point is not to buy stuff that's obvious scams with the "well, I'm covered!" attitude a lot of cags seem to have about these things, especially ebay sellers.

"I know $20 for a new xbox console seems too good to be true but I'm protected!"

Goes back to the old saying "If it's too good to be true, then you're an idiot for falling for it." I think it was Buddha who said that...

#697 kouleefoh

kouleefoh

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 September 2012 - 03:45 AM

lol, i know right, so if i buy a brand name tv for $900 +, and filed the a-z claim. amazon will refund me, ROflmao. that is just crazy if it works that way

Why would they refund you?

#698 Confucius

Confucius

Yeah I fixed it

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 September 2012 - 03:45 AM

What are you talking about? You don't get to keep the tv. Plus, A-Z only applies to 3rd party.

Ees7Y.jpg

I'm 100% shocked that books still exist in today's day and age. I thought they'd be out by now. They make up like 1% of today's entertainment and unless you're 60 or older, stray away from books and start emersing yourself with real entertainment.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#699 RoMee

RoMee

Posted 02 September 2012 - 03:52 AM

I've seen too many horror stories to take a chance.
Amazon just bans without warnings, that's why I don't waste my time with prime or kindle anymore.

#700 Confucius

Confucius

Yeah I fixed it

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 September 2012 - 03:53 AM

Amazon just bans without warnings, that's why I don't waste my time with prime or kindle anymore.

Yeah, the people who get banned from Amazon are always innocent, like the guys in Shawshank.

Ees7Y.jpg

#701 RoMee

RoMee

Posted 02 September 2012 - 03:56 AM

Yeah, the people who get banned from Amazon are always innocent, like the guys in Shawshank.

I'm not saying everyone is innocent, but I'm not going to go around accusing people of lying.

#702 needler420

needler420

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Tim Robins was innocent though.

needler420.png

#703 SonictheHedgehog1337

SonictheHedgehog1337

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Didn't it turn out that Andy Dufresne was actually really innocent though?

Ok, so maybe 1 guy out of 1,000. haha.

#704 Confucius

Confucius

Yeah I fixed it

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 September 2012 - 03:57 AM

Tim Robins was innocent though.

He crawled through a river of shit and came out clean on the other side.

Ees7Y.jpg

#705 Toss

Toss

i love clearance ...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 September 2012 - 04:08 AM

Yup I heard an asteroid may hit earth one day so I don't bother saving for retirement and I just got the shawshank bluray in the mail yesterday from the now defunct wb rewards program. :)
...and my dogs

LOOSE LIPS SINK (FL)IPS

#706 G3 Steve-O

G3 Steve-O

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 September 2012 - 05:38 AM

Quick question for those of you that have purchased special/limited editions from Amazon Warehouse Deals. I've ordered quite a bit from them and have been happy with what I got... I can personally attest to getting products that are like new and even factory sealed. Sure there's a sticker on it, but that's easily removed.

Anyway, has anyone purchased special/limited editions from AWD? If so, did you get all the components to the special edition where physical merchandise is concerned? I know DLC will be used, that's a given.

Also, so this post isn't completely wasteful...

SSX (Like New) $25.20

I just recently got the Forza 3 Limited Edition and it came with EVERYTHING. ANd none of the codes were used as none of the cards had the peel back part removied.
"The Blackest Eyes. The Devil's Eyes."
- Dr. Loomis - Halloween

#707 kouleefoh

kouleefoh

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 September 2012 - 05:38 AM

$14 Mortal Kombat Komplete PS3 Very good
http://www.amazon.co...merchant&sr=1-1

#708 PancakesAreLove

PancakesAreLove

Posted 03 September 2012 - 05:43 AM

Thank you! btw does the dlc come in disc or download?

New Years backlog completed: 14/100

EIPsyCongroo.png

#709 Yamato

Yamato

not motivated

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 September 2012 - 05:45 AM

Fuck, missed it.

#710 kouleefoh

kouleefoh

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 September 2012 - 05:49 AM

Fuck, missed it.

It's $19.99 new from Amazon if you don't mind.

#711 kouleefoh

kouleefoh

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 September 2012 - 05:51 AM

EA Sport Active 2 (game only) Starting from $2.50 (Good) PS3
http://www.amazon.co...&condition=used

#712 Yamato

Yamato

not motivated

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 September 2012 - 05:56 AM

It's $19.99 new from Amazon if you don't mind.

Oh my word, you're right. For some reason the main listing is at $34 by some Everest online bullshit. Thanks for mentioning that or I wouldn't have seen amazon's actual price.

#713 biggie2123

biggie2123

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 September 2012 - 06:55 AM

XBOX Live Gold Starter Kit - LIke New - $51.03

#714 ckc4043

ckc4043

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 September 2012 - 07:29 AM

If any guys see just dance and everybody dance which has a good deal in ps3, please tell me...thank a lot

#715 esalw822

esalw822

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 September 2012 - 10:27 AM

:360: Resident Evil Operation Raccoon City - Like New - $14.99
http://www.amazon.co...=A2L77EE7U53NWQ

:ps3: Risen 2 Special Edition - Good - $32.49

#716 Kecir12

Kecir12

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 September 2012 - 11:55 AM

What do prime and the kindle have to do with being banned for abusing the a-z guarantee?

#717 slidecage

slidecage

Nothing to say

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 September 2012 - 12:16 PM

What do prime and the kindle have to do with being banned for abusing the a-z guarantee?

too many promo credits giving or returns = banned
WOOOO I STINK

#718 YBX87

YBX87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 September 2012 - 02:18 PM

:360: Resident Evil Operation Raccoon City - Like New - $14.99

:ps3: Risen 2 Special Edition - Good - $32.49

tempted to get risen 2, but the reviews for it are not so good

#719 pdjones

pdjones

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 September 2012 - 02:36 PM

Yeah after all the reviews, my price for Risen 2 is about $15.

#720 Pendragoon

Pendragoon

Posted 03 September 2012 - 03:18 PM

I got lucky with a copy of Pokemon White. $12.00 + 3.99 shipping from a no review seller. I took the chance and it was like new as advertised. I have yet to make a claim against non Prime qualified items. Once a seller listed a Japanese copy of FF8 through Amazon and I took the gamble, it was the US version. I returned it for false advertising. Another case with a book it was listed as like new but after it shipped Amazon refunded me all my money because the seller mis represented the item and I hadn't even gotten it yet.