Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

$19.97($50 MSRP) Official PS Vita Sony Portable Charger @ GS(OOS online) $27.XX @ AMZ(3rd Party)

• Please log in to reply
86 replies to this topic

#31 SgtWiggles

SgtWiggles

Artist formally known as dgwillia

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 May 2013 - 03:01 AM

Got the last one here, thanks again OP. Doing a lot of travel in the near future, so I can definitely use

#32 Johnnybeachboy

Johnnybeachboy

Need a CHEAP PS VITA

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 May 2013 - 03:22 AM

Could someone snag me one?

Please :)

#33 DarkonJohn

DarkonJohn

Growing backlog

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 May 2013 - 01:36 AM

Got a frys to price match from $50 to $20. Nice an compact, and appears to charge with my Vita cable and smaller iPad charger.
3DS FC: 3652-0544-2057 (PM me with yours if you add me)
Posted Image

#34 Enuf

Enuf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 June 2013 - 06:15 PM

Here's the cheap fix for those who don't have the PSVita cable

http://www.amazon.co...ps vita charger

#35 ChunLiBarbie

ChunLiBarbie

Bloogablogglefliddlemliddle

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 June 2013 - 01:04 AM

Glad I remembered this thread before getting one off of Amazon. I'd been thinking about getting a portable USB battery charger that's better than this cheap, eBay doubleA battery powered one I have.

Thanks!

"If you learn how to center yourself, no one can knock you off balance." - Tony Robbins

Because miserable people want others to feel miserable.

Currently Playing: Block_Super_Mario_World.pngSUPER MARIO 3D WORLD!!!!!!!!!!! OMFGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock: :dunce:  :whee:  Block_Super_Mario_World.png

#36 Enuf

Enuf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 June 2013 - 10:32 PM

Amazon(3rd party w/FS) has dropped their price further to $25.33

#37 EldritchOnRye

EldritchOnRye

Posted 19 June 2013 - 10:53 PM

Amazon(3rd party w/FS) has dropped their price further to $25.33

Amazon themselves have dropped it to $25.60. This looks Luke just a great thing to have for vacations so gonna go ahead and order it since I've got credit. Only 17 in stock at the moment.

Currently Playing:
3ds120.gif Picross 3D hot!68.gif  :xb1: Garden Warfare :hot: Forza 5 :hot: :ps4: LEGO The Hobbit

Finished Games - Recently Completed: :ps4: AC4 :hot:
EldritchOnRye.png

#38 Derextreme

Derextreme

Do you even Sony?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 June 2013 - 11:00 PM

thanks for the update! been checking this every few days, i grabbed one from the gamestop deal, but i wanted an extra one.

405831.png               sig.gif

2014 completed games tab

#39 Enuf

Enuf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 June 2013 - 11:14 PM

thanks for the update! been checking this every few days, i grabbed one from the gamestop deal, but i wanted an extra one.

I got 2 also

#40 EldritchOnRye

EldritchOnRye

Posted 20 June 2013 - 03:07 AM

Continues to slowly creep down at Amazon as it's $25.20 (with 1-2 extra days for processing) or from NYC Electronics for $24.93 with Prime/FSSS.  Hmm, do I cancel and reorder to save 60 cents?

Currently Playing:
3ds120.gif Picross 3D hot!68.gif  :xb1: Garden Warfare :hot: Forza 5 :hot: :ps4: LEGO The Hobbit

EldritchOnRye.png

#41 Kenshindono

Kenshindono

I'm on a Boat!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 June 2013 - 08:53 AM

Continues to slowly creep down at Amazon as it's $25.20 (with 1-2 extra days for processing) or from NYC Electronics for $24.93 with Prime/FSSS.  Hmm, do I cancel and reorder to save 60 cents?

shit... was waiting for about $20.. now its up to 38 bucks. Should have got it when i had the chance. glad you got one

My massive game collection list: (work in progress, pain in the butt getting it all entered)
\-Clicky Here-\

#42 EldritchOnRye

EldritchOnRye

Posted 21 June 2013 - 09:07 AM

shit... was waiting for about $20.. now its up to 38 bucks. Should have got it when i had the chance. glad you got one

That's why I didn't wait, they were slow to act on it and figured it wouldn't last.  With gas, time and tax factored in I figured I would only be at two dollars more and using Amazon credit over cash.

Currently Playing:

EldritchOnRye.png

#43 EldritchOnRye

EldritchOnRye

Posted 21 June 2013 - 05:35 PM

Well, my charger came today and holy Fuck this thing is a little brick, it's not heavier than the system but when I took it out of the package that was my initial impression.  Was expecting to have immediate buyers remorse upon opening it, but despite it not being a flashy thing it still feels pretty cool and satisfying just to hold and know I'll get my use out of later on.  I know that just for all the times I went to use my iPad only to realize I hadn't charged it in a week and was about to die will justify it.

Edit- Aaaaannnddddd... double post. >.<

Currently Playing:

EldritchOnRye.png

#44 trnsfrguy

trnsfrguy

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 June 2013 - 01:18 PM

I was able to snag the last one at my local Gamestop.  Thanks OP !

#45 CheapAssHustla

CheapAssHustla

Hustle..Hustle Hard

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 June 2013 - 03:10 PM

I recently took one on vacation with me, and it works great! My girl was able to change her Nook and Galaxy S3 without a problem. I use it quite often because I play my Vita quite often. Definitely worth the investment.

Forza 5 Full Game Download/Titanfall Full Game Download - $80 bundle

Ms. Splosion Man and Pinball FX XBL Codes for Sale/Trade

This is my new theme song. "Man, you're a CheapAssGamer."

YouTube

#46 EldritchOnRye

EldritchOnRye

Posted 24 June 2013 - 03:27 PM

Yeah, this thing's great.  Gave an iPad and the Vita a full charge from less than 10% and still had some juice left.

Currently Playing:

EldritchOnRye.png

#47 irishsoccermbw

irishsoccermbw

Prosecution Rests

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 June 2013 - 05:29 PM

Yeah, this thing's great.  Gave an iPad and the Vita a full charge from less than 10% and still had some juice left.

You just sold me on one.  I'll be using it for the same devices, and for 20 bucks why the hell not.  Thanks.

#48 Draknight

Draknight

Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 June 2013 - 07:59 PM

Yeah I have two of these and they are my go to charger on long trips. They can fully charge a dead ipad/iphone/what have you and still have enough power of charge another ipad to %25. they are pretty solid but takes forever to recharge. I was thinking about getting another but two is fine for my needs.

"Once a scientific truth emerges. . . It is the way of the world. When different experiments give you the same results, it is no longer subject to your opinion. . . It's true whether or not you believe in it. That's why it works. "
". . . We live in a country that guarantees free speech, but it's not a country that guarantees anything you say is correct."
- Neil deGrasse Tyson

#49 chronosnes

chronosnes

Posted 25 June 2013 - 06:36 PM

I use these; have two of them, love it. 10000mAh each.

http://www.amazon.co...&keywords=Anker

#50 Kenshindono

Kenshindono

I'm on a Boat!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 July 2013 - 04:37 AM

That's why I didn't wait, they were slow to act on it and figured it wouldn't last.  With gas, time and tax factored in I figured I would only be at two dollars more and using Amazon credit over cash.

Well, my charger came today and holy Fuck this thing is a little brick, it's not heavier than the system but when I took it out of the package that was my initial impression.  Was expecting to have immediate buyers remorse upon opening it, but despite it not being a flashy thing it still feels pretty cool and satisfying just to hold and know I'll get my use out of later on.  I know that just for all the times I went to use my iPad only to realize I hadn't charged it in a week and was about to die will justify it.

Edit- Aaaaannnddddd... double post. >.<

ya i shoulda jumped when i had the chance, blea. I'll have to keep an eye out for it. Glad you enjoy your purchase, hopefully i'll jump on it next time when/if it comes up for cheap.

I actually need to find somewhere to get a psp battery. They seem to be hard to find and id like to have a backup for when mine starts to crap out.

My massive game collection list: (work in progress, pain in the butt getting it all entered)
\-Clicky Here-\

#51 bredbu

bredbu

I love Lamp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 July 2013 - 10:36 AM

Picked one up thanks op

#52 PublikDefender

PublikDefender

Posted 04 July 2013 - 01:59 PM

For future reference, does this official vita charger work with devices that have a micro usb port? I would also like to use it for my mobile hotspot modem when I don't have it connected to my vita. Maybe it would work as long as you have a micro usb to usb cable?

#53 kitsunisan

kitsunisan

Posted 04 July 2013 - 03:31 PM

Bought one of these things a couple of months ago, charged it and put it away without thinking much about it. Two weeks ago we had a bad storm out here, knocked out power in my area for a day. Was able to keep my phone and tablet charged so I could keep in contact with everyone and gave my Nexus 7 3g enough juice to keep Netflix going for a while . Love this thing now.

#54 EldritchOnRye

EldritchOnRye

Posted 04 July 2013 - 05:18 PM

For future reference, does this official vita charger work with devices that have a micro usb port? I would also like to use it for my mobile hotspot modem when I don't have it connected to my vita. Maybe it would work as long as you have a micro usb to usb cable?

Yep, anything that can charge via USB can use it and it's quite speedy.  You use the Vita cable (or the adapter that someone linked earlier in the thread) to charge it up and then you can plug whatever USB cable you need into it whether it's micro, mini, Vita, Apple, whatever.

Currently Playing:

EldritchOnRye.png

#55 Lotus52

Lotus52

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 July 2013 - 06:59 PM

Just picked one up Thank You OP

"All right, I've been thinking, when life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade! Make life take the lemons back! Get mad!I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager!"  ~ Cave Johnson

#56 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 July 2013 - 08:53 PM

Amazon has a 3rd party buy fulfilled by Amazon selling at $30.xx. I bought one (I chose the seller NYC electronics which several cents higher for their better seller reputation and I actually bought from them before), beats spending $6 of gas and time to the nearest GS that has it in stock for $19.99.

http://www.amazon.co...ds=vita charger

Mathematically Correct.
Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#57 doc_j88

doc_j88

Posted 06 July 2013 - 10:22 PM

What does this thing run off of?

Electricity?

#58 3rdamention

3rdamention

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 July 2013 - 11:25 PM

They had one of these at a local Gamestop here in Indianapolis.  I picked it up and I have charged it, but not used it yet.

Thanks for the heads up.  If this works as well as nearly every single review for it I have read, then this was an awesome purchase. 

#59 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 July 2013 - 11:35 PM

Electricity?

No. Rainbows.

And it should be a no brainer if you could find one at GS. In SoCal, only four GSs shows them in low stock.

Mathematically Correct.
Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#60 EldritchOnRye

EldritchOnRye

Posted 06 July 2013 - 11:51 PM

I'm so glad other people answered this because the only thing I could come up with was quite assholish.

Currently Playing:

EldritchOnRye.png