$19.97($50 MSRP) Official PS Vita Sony Portable Charger @ GS(OOS online) $27.XX @ AMZ(3rd Party)

I currently have 4 of these things. Passed them out to family

Tempted to go get the 5th.

Comes in handy for tough life situations....Charges anything

[quote name='Derextreme']thanks op, put in a pickup request for when i go do some trades tomorrow night.[/QUOTE]

I did the same thing. After work, I'm heading to the location closest to work and snagging one.

[quote name='CheapAssHustla'] EDIT: Just a heads up, you have to use the USB Charger and Adapter that came with the Vita because that's the only way to charge it. Takes about seven hours to get a full charge out of it.[/QUOTE]yep, that's right fortunately these are on clearance at BB & Walmart I was able to score 1 for $1 along with most of the official Sony vita accessories at BB for $1 each(extreme YMMV but should be on clearance across the board). Reduced prices online clearance cheaper in-store

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/USB+Cab...pp01-133?id=1218517749745&skuId=4732328&st=PS vita usb cable&cp=1&lp=1

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Sony-PS-Vita-USB-Cable-PS-Vita-PlayStation-Vita/19604491

[quote name='dgwillia006']Just making sure, it can be used to charge other USB items right?[/QUOTE]Will charge any USB device but the charger itself needs to be charged via a cable compatible with the vita.

[quote name='Enuf']yep, that's right fortunately these are on clearance at BB & Walmart I was able to score 1 for $1 along with most of the official Sony vita accessories at BB for $1 each(extreme YMMV but should be on clearance across the board). Reduced prices online clearance cheaper in-store

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/USB+Cab...pp01-133?id=1218517749745&skuId=4732328&st=PS vita usb cable&cp=1&lp=1

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Sony-PS-Vita-USB-Cable-PS-Vita-PlayStation-Vita/19604491[/QUOTE]

I'll keep a look out for those. I scored a few of them during a trip to Sears the one day. I'd love to pick up more just in case I lose them or something. Thanks for the heads up.

[quote name='Enuf']Will charge any USB device but the charger itself needs to be charged via a cable compatible with the vita.[/QUOTE]

Sweet thanks, guess I'll be waking up early to grab one

[quote name='breakfuss']wtf is this? why?[/QUOTE]

Maybe read a bit. Its a mobile charger, charges stuff. Not only useful for pleasure, but also in an emergency situation or something.

[quote name='dgwillia006']Maybe read a bit. Its a mobile charger, charges stuff. Not only useful for pleasure, but also in an emergency situation or something.[/QUOTE]
o_O?

I was going to say that there are much higher capacity portable chargers for not much more than what this costs but it turns out the Vita cable has some stupid wiring scheme developed by Sony to disable charging from other devices without some modding of the cable...lame

[quote name='Psybuster']I was going to say that there are much higher capacity portable chargers for not much more than what this costs but it turns out the Vita cable has some stupid wiring scheme developed by Sony to disable charging from other devices without some modding of the cable...lame[/QUOTE]

I've been using an Anker Astro3E (+Vita USB Cable) with my Vita just fine while simultaneously playing and charging. I think the main requirement is just that the battery needs to be able to output 1.5A+ or it won't charge while playing. Been pairing this one up in that Rocketfish case from Bestbuy (the accessory pack or something that was like

Use this whenever I travel for work--does exactly what it's supposed to, and does it well. Well worth $20 if you own a Vita.

[quote name='Kenshindono']does BBY not carry these? i was gonna pm it but cant find it on the site[/QUOTE]

Gamestop and Amazon are the only people i've seen carry this item

[quote name='Kenshindono']does BBY not carry these? i was gonna pm it but cant find it on the site[/QUOTE]Discontinued item was on BB.com but the $30 price moved alot of them. Some stores still have stock but it`s limited.

[quote name='Enuf']Discontinued item was on BB.com but the $30 price moved alot of them. Some stores still have stock but it`s limited.[/QUOTE]

I've never seen them at my local Best Buy. With that being said, I picked up the last one at one of the Cheektowaga, NY locations. The cashier explained how he didn't know about them until now.

[OFF TOPIC]

I saw a sign stating, "as of June/July 1st that GameStop will no longer carry PS2 games, systems, and accessories." I thought about buying one, but I believe my dad is going to give me his console since he never uses it. Did anyone else see this at their local GameStop?

[quote name='HitmanPham']This thing is lame as hell even for $20 lol. I imagine it would be useful for boy scouts or something :lol:[/QUOTE]

:rofl: lol, that's how I feel as well. When I asked earlier what this was and why anyone would want it I meant it rhetorically. I only wish there was something on my vita that caused me to play it so frequently the battery drained. As it stands, there isn't...so that rarely happens...

thanks again op, picked mine up earlier. glad i put it a pickup order for it, cause i was told someone came in asking for it about an hour before i got there.

it's not only useful for the vita. any device that charges with a usb cable can use it. it's probably not something i will use everyday, but it'll be worth the money when i do need it. i.e. travelling, power outages, ect

[quote name='CheapAssHustla']I've never seen them at my local Best Buy. With that being said, I picked up the last one at one of the Cheektowaga, NY locations. The cashier explained how he didn't know about them until now.

[OFF TOPIC]

I saw a sign stating, "as of June/July 1st that GameStop will no longer carry PS2 games, systems, and accessories." I thought about buying one, but I believe my dad is going to give me his console since he never uses it. Did anyone else see this at their local GameStop?[/QUOTE]
It seemed to be an item that never got a 2nd restock at most retailers
And yeah I`ve the PS2 signs for about a month or so but there`s tons of walmarts in my areas with PS2 bundles & PSP goes. Hopefully by 2015-2016 they actually hit clearance

Glad I remembered this thread before getting one off of Amazon. I'd been thinking about getting a portable USB battery charger that's better than this cheap, eBay doubleA battery powered one I have.

Thanks!

Amazon(3rd party w/FS) has dropped their price further to $25.33
Amazon themselves have dropped it to $25.60. This looks Luke just a great thing to have for vacations so gonna go ahead and order it since I've got credit. Only 17 in stock at the moment.

Continues to slowly creep down at Amazon as it's $25.20 (with 1-2 extra days for processing) or from NYC Electronics for $24.93 with Prime/FSSS.  Hmm, do I cancel and reorder to save 60 cents?

Last edited by a moderator:
Continues to slowly creep down at Amazon as it's $25.20 (with 1-2 extra days for processing) or from NYC Electronics for $24.93 with Prime/FSSS. Hmm, do I cancel and reorder to save 60 cents?
shit... was waiting for about $20.. now its up to 38 bucks. Should have got it when i had the chance. glad you got one

shit... was waiting for about $20.. now its up to 38 bucks. Should have got it when i had the chance. glad you got one
That's why I didn't wait, they were slow to act on it and figured it wouldn't last. With gas, time and tax factored in I figured I would only be at two dollars more and using Amazon credit over cash.

Well, my charger came today and holy fuck this thing is a little brick, it's not heavier than the system but when I took it out of the package that was my initial impression.  Was expecting to have immediate buyers remorse upon opening it, but despite it not being a flashy thing it still feels pretty cool and satisfying just to hold and know I'll get my use out of later on.  I know that just for all the times I went to use my iPad only to realize I hadn't charged it in a week and was about to die will justify it.

Edit- Aaaaannnddddd... double post. >.<

Last edited by a moderator:
I recently took one on vacation with me, and it works great! My girl was able to change her Nook and Galaxy S3 without a problem. I use it quite often because I play my Vita quite often. Definitely worth the investment.

Yeah, this thing's great. Gave an iPad and the Vita a full charge from less than 10% and still had some juice left.
Yeah I have two of these and they are my go to charger on long trips. They can fully charge a dead ipad/iphone/what have you and still have enough power of charge another ipad to %25. they are pretty solid but takes forever to recharge. I was thinking about getting another but two is fine for my needs.

bread's done
Back