Best Buy Ad - 8/19/12 - 8/25/2012

• Please log in to reply
60 replies to this topic

#31 Mikerocosms

Mikerocosms

Deal Sniper

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 August 2012 - 04:06 PM

Mine haven't shipped yet. But I guess they will shortly. Sorry to hear you didn't get to do what you wanted.

You will get a refund (for the price drop) about 2-3 days after release day. I've never had an issue with that. I understand that you could also call Amazon and let them know about it if you feel uncomfortable about it.

M

#32 advanced

advanced

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 August 2012 - 04:19 PM

Sorry to hear about your problems, Sonic.

All mine except Aristocats were adjusted. I got FSSS, so I'm sure it will be adjusted at some point before Tuesday when it should ship.

#33 Gameboy415

Gameboy415

16-bits of awesome

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 August 2012 - 05:19 PM

I just got my shipping notices (I ordered the Tigger Movie separately, apparently) and I was charged $27.86 (before coupon) for Aristocats, Pocahontas, & The Rescuers. :(

I just sent an e-mail to customer service so hopefully I can get a partial refund...
Posted Image

#34 demonlord6696

demonlord6696

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 August 2012 - 01:19 AM

Meh, meh, and more meh.
Posted Image

#35 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 19 August 2012 - 04:37 AM

Yep, mine shipped at the wrong price as well. Would be nice if it didn't take the full 24 hours for their so-called price drop guarantee to work. -_-

#36 SonictheHedgehog1337

SonictheHedgehog1337

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 August 2012 - 05:34 AM

Sorry to hear about your problems, Sonic.

All mine except Aristocats were adjusted. I got FSSS, so I'm sure it will be adjusted at some point before Tuesday when it should ship.

I appreciate it. This is one instance where FSSS is better than Prime. ;)

I ended up calling back again and getting my "refunds." The refunds are still processing and could take 2 to 3 business days. The amounts are for $4.87 per movie. It doesn't sound like much, but it takes my purchase from $60 to $45 for the 3 blurays.

I was just angry because I posted on this thread about the price drop before my orders shipped.

#37 xbox_mole

xbox_mole

Posted 20 August 2012 - 01:30 AM

Just a suggestion for the future but when I'm not sure they will adjust prices intially like this on the drops, I usually head into the order and mark it to standard shipping, buying me a day or two extra for the drop to show up in my order. I did this on Friday night before they dropped in price and once they adjusted in my order I popped back in and bumped them back up to two day. I should be receiving them on release date so I didn't lose any time with the temporary change.

#38 Mikerocosms

Mikerocosms

Deal Sniper

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 August 2012 - 02:28 AM

Just a suggestion for the future but when I'm not sure they will adjust prices intially like this on the drops, I usually head into the order and mark it to standard shipping, buying me a day or two extra for the drop to show up in my order. I did this on Friday night before they dropped in price and once they adjusted in my order I popped back in and bumped them back up to two day. I should be receiving them on release date so I didn't lose any time with the temporary change.

Well done. I always appreciate a clever workaround. I may try that next time.

M

#39 shrike4242

shrike4242

Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 August 2012 - 03:17 AM

Out of the five movies I pre-ordered, three shipped at the $22.99 before coupon price and one didn't (Lady And The Tramp 2), which was $23.86 before the coupon. My Tigger Movie order hasn't adjusted yet, though the item will, so I'm covered either way.

Before people start bitching and complaining to Amazon, wait it out until Thursday, which is about the last point you should wait to get an email from them about the pre-order price guarantee. Regardless, you should get an email from them detailing the difference in price by release day versus your shipped price and the credit you should be getting back from them.

If you don't have it by the end of the day on Thursday, call/email/chat them and get your money back. I just have to wait and see what happens with Tigger Movie and when it ships as well if they drop the price on Lady And The Tramp 2.

#40 FadeToOne

FadeToOne

It's CAGtastic!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 August 2012 - 02:30 PM

The buy 2 get 1 sounds promising

Meh... that didn't turn out like I'd hoped. Most of what I would want is the $14.99 price.
FadeToOne.png

#41 WingsDJY

WingsDJY

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 August 2012 - 03:03 PM

Out of the five movies I pre-ordered, three shipped at the $22.99 before coupon price and one didn't (Lady And The Tramp 2), which was $23.86 before the coupon. My Tigger Movie order hasn't adjusted yet, though the item will, so I'm covered either way.

Before people start bitching and complaining to Amazon, wait it out until Thursday, which is about the last point you should wait to get an email from them about the pre-order price guarantee. Regardless, you should get an email from them detailing the difference in price by release day versus your shipped price and the credit you should be getting back from them.

If you don't have it by the end of the day on Thursday, call/email/chat them and get your money back. I just have to wait and see what happens with Tigger Movie and when it ships as well if they drop the price on Lady And The Tramp 2.

Mine shipped out before the price drop, but I'm not too concerned. Amazon will catch it up this week.

As an FYI, The Lady and The Tramp 2 is still showing up as $23.86. It's only $0.87 more than Best Buy, but that's still enough to warrant notifying them of a lower price. I recommend others do this as well to make sure it gets straightened out.
"Ha! I like your style, you make up your own rules just like me." - Cave Johnson

#42 ajh2298

ajh2298

2009 Stanley Cup Champs

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 August 2012 - 03:38 PM

So no word yet if the BB deal will stack with the coupons that are stuck on the Disney movies for getting $10.00 off when you buy two?
----------------------------------------------------------------------

#43 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 20 August 2012 - 06:04 PM

So no word yet if the BB deal will stack with the coupons that are stuck on the Disney movies for getting $10.00 off when you buy two?

It's Tuesday already?

#44 Taco5

Taco5

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 August 2012 - 06:32 PM

It's Tuesday already?

What's the matter kid, don't you like clowns? Aren't we fuckin' funny?

#45 ajh2298

ajh2298

2009 Stanley Cup Champs

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 August 2012 - 08:34 PM

It's Tuesday already?

Sorry my days off changed this week I went from 8 weeks straight weeks of Tuesdays and Wednesdays off to Mondays and Tuesdays I got confused.

#46 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 21 August 2012 - 12:20 AM

Got my Rescuers from Amazon today and Disney is getting cheap on the packaging FYI. Both DVDs are jammed into the left pocket instead of using a proper folding page to keep them individual. Just a heads up to check yours at the store before leaving in case one is damaged. Mine was fine, but you never know.

Entering your rewards code also unlocks an offer for a 'The Lost Chords' soundtrack, as well.
Spoiler

#47 doubledown

doubledown

Funky Daddy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 August 2012 - 12:36 PM

Huh....there is a coupon on the discs for these also?

#48 Bluecomputerpro

Bluecomputerpro

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 August 2012 - 02:35 PM

ok this is definitely a YMMV but i dont have a BB near enough to me so i go to WM to price match. well i was able to get a PM of $5 off each movie i purchased(3) bringing the price from 24.99 to 17.99 each. After that the cashier saw there was a coupon on the packaging and without batting an eye she tore them off and scanned each one. the register accepted them all now bringing the total to 7.99 each. Theres obviously a glitch in the system, picked up The Rescuers, Pocahontas, and The Tigger movie. awsome:lol:
May the ghost of Cheap Ass past guide us on our path to CAG greatness

#49 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 21 August 2012 - 02:58 PM

LOLWUT?! Oh man, maybe I should try my luck at Walmart because even though my BB is full of idiots, nobody would be that dumb to fall for it.

#50 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 21 August 2012 - 07:01 PM

So I went to Walmart, Target, and finally BB looking for these 'stickers' but they were nowhere to be found. Not sure if it's a regional thing or what, but I had to settle for just $10 off at BB.

#51 Mikerocosms

Mikerocosms

Deal Sniper

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 August 2012 - 09:25 PM

I'm gonna look around tonight. Will post my findings.

M

#52 doubledown

doubledown

Funky Daddy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 August 2012 - 10:12 PM

I did not find ANY stickers at my Best Buy in MI. Maybe they were removed or just certain stores didn't get them. I bought Aristocats and Chimpanzee anyways.

#53 skate4music

skate4music

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 August 2012 - 10:16 PM

I picked up all 6 Disney movies at best buy. Because of the promo they show $17.99 each on the receipt. (if you want an odd number of movies you would be better off buying an even number and returning the one you don't want.)
After getting home I remembered about the $10 promo thjey have with picking an order up instore. So i was considering placing an order and picking it up to get the promo. Well when you add more than 2 online it only gives you the discount on one set of movies and not the others, so this would not work.
However on their website when you add 2 movies they charge you $22.99 for 1 and take the $10 off the 2nd making it $12.99. So then couldn't you place the order and put 1 movie for pickup at one store and one for pickup at another store. Then just go pickup the one for $12.99 and let the order for the $22.99 expire after 8 days and get refunded for it? So by doing this you could potentially get any or all of the movies for $12.99.
Tempted to try it but biggest downside is I have to do 6 different orders to get all 6 movies.

#54 ajh2298

ajh2298

2009 Stanley Cup Champs

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 August 2012 - 10:20 PM

Was able to get four of the Disney movies for $57.00 after tax at Wamart after a BB price match down to $17.99 and than using two of those $10.00 off stickers that were on about half the cases in their display. There were no Disney $10.00 off stickers on any of the copies at my Best Buy thats why I went to Wal-Mart.

Edited by ajh2298, 21 August 2012 - 10:35 PM.

#55 gravel

gravel

Posted 21 August 2012 - 10:32 PM

No stickers at the Best Buy or Target in MA. Like someone else mentioned, ordering online will only give you one discount per order, so I just bought them in store without getting the extra $10 back.

Currently Playing
:ps3:
Lego Marvel Super Heroes, Diablo III, Skylanders Swap Force, The Puppeteer
:360:
:wii: Lego City Undercover, NES Remix
:ds: Pokemon Y
:psp: Tearaway

#56 Mikerocosms

Mikerocosms

Deal Sniper

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2012 - 01:39 AM

There are definitely stickers in my area.

I was able to use them at my local BB on top of their $10 offer. Subtotal before tax was $35.98.

Spoiler

M

Edited by shrike4242, 22 August 2012 - 03:34 PM.

#57 WingsDJY

WingsDJY

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2012 - 02:53 AM

FYI. I just got my 5 movies from Amazon (bought everything but Chimpanzee since it never had an $8 off promo). There were no stickers on any of them.

Kind of glad I went with Amazon. $15 each is better than burning up a bunch of gas hunting down stickers.

Kudos to the guy who only paid $8 each. Awesome for you, but I'd hate to be the employee who fucked up.

#58 Broseph

Broseph

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2012 - 04:56 AM

Super deal on Chuck. Got the fourth and fifth seasons on DVD for $35 and some change.

Considered the Blu at these prices but the rest of my Chuck collection is DVD, so yeah.

#59 karkyco

karkyco

Posted 22 August 2012 - 09:09 PM

There are definitely stickers in my area.

I was able to use them at my local BB on top of their $10 offer. Subtotal before tax was $35.98.

Hmmm, if you were able to combine the two, shouldn't it have been $25.98 before tax when you purchase two? ($22.99 + $22.99 - $10 off with purchase of two -$10 coupon on package = $25.98). If you paid $35.98 it seems like you didn't get one of the promotions applied.

Thanks to whoever noted the discount gets applied to one of the movies on bestbuy.com, works great for in store pick up if you only want one of the movies at the best discount, particularly with the headaches people are having tracking down movies with the coupons.

EDIT: LOL, this already worked out beautifully. The one Disney blu I actually wanted that's $12.99 with my store pick up order at the store near my office is ready to be picked up, and the other filler one that I wasn't going to pick up was actually cancelled by the one distant store that had it!

Edited by karkyco, 22 August 2012 - 10:52 PM.

SPLASH!

m93k0.gif

#60 Mikerocosms

Mikerocosms

Deal Sniper

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2012 - 09:20 PM

Hmmm, if you were able to combine the two, shouldn't it have been $25.98 before tax when you purchase two? ($22.99 + $22.99 - $10 off with purchase of two -$10 coupon on package = $25.98). If you paid $35.98 it seems like you didn't get one of the promotions applied.

My mistake the 35.98 was before the manufactures coupon of -$10 was taken off. I just read it wrong from my reciept. They took the $10 off after tax so my actual total was $28.69.

M