Tales of Graces f (PS3) $39.99 at GS

• Please log in to reply
75 replies to this topic

#31 blankempathy

blankempathy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2012 - 10:29 PM

I love this game. If you are in desperate need for a good JRPG this game will satisfy your hunger. I like this game wayyyy better than vesperia. There has not been very many JRPGs this gen of consoles. And very few that are even good. Tales of graces F is one of the best for the PS3.

The best part of this game is the combat. One of the best jrpgs for the ps3? Well if it its not because its that great. The music is mediocre to average. The pacing is poor, and its extremely cliche. Don't get me wrong I love jrpgs but outside of its great combat the rest of the game is average at best.

#32 Dominick331

Dominick331

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2012 - 10:34 PM

Ive been waiting for a price drop on this for so long, and of course its at the one place I won't buy it at. Ive gotten burned one too many times on "new" games from GameStop.

#33 aaronrodgers

aaronrodgers

Yo...Siggy, Phido!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 August 2012 - 12:14 AM

Bought this and Dragon's Dogma, different games of course, but lost all interest in this few hours into it and been playing DD for 150+ hours.

95438.png

LT1B2oV.png

#34 JaylisJayP

JaylisJayP

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 August 2012 - 12:27 AM

Bought this and Dragon's Dogma, different games of course, but lost all interest in this few hours into it and been playing DD for 150+ hours.

Im losing my patience on Dragons Dogma. I see myself caving on that sometime soon.

#35 aaronrodgers

aaronrodgers

Yo...Siggy, Phido!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 August 2012 - 12:52 AM

Im losing my patience on Dragons Dogma. I see myself caving on that sometime soon.

I wonder how much longer I will go too. Only so many times you can kill the UR Dragon. They patched in an easy mode, too difficult to patch an a hard mode?

95438.png

LT1B2oV.png

#36 Chaltier

Chaltier

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 August 2012 - 03:15 AM

Great price for a great game. This is my GOTY.

#37 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 August 2012 - 03:16 AM

Stopped by both Best Buy and GS on my way home from work. BB didn't have it and both "new" copies at GS (gutted of course) had scratched disks and beat up cases (definitely not new). Anyhow, still wondering if I should wait and/or try to get the Eruo SE edition instead.

Yes please, everyone help! Would rather get it from Amazon (no tax + free shipping).

How the hell does one scratch a Blu-Ray?!

Listen to the Checkmate Arcade video game podcast! Also available on ITunes & Stitcher Radio
42869.png

#38 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 August 2012 - 03:38 AM

How the hell does one scratch a Blu-Ray?!

Very, very carefully and on purpose. ;)

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps2: Shadow Hearts: Covenant :ps3: JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: All-Star Battle; MGS3 HD  :vita: One Piece: Unlimited World RED; Rogue Legacy
Last Beaten/Completed Game(s) [7/28]: :ps3: MGS2 HD [Extreme] (5/5)

Last Watched Film [7/10]: One Piece: Strong World (superb animation, awesome battles)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

#39 Shaq-Funaki

Shaq-Funaki

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 August 2012 - 04:59 AM

Everyone submit this price match on Amazon

Please check out my YouTube video game channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/shaqfunaki

#40 TrumpetDan

TrumpetDan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 August 2012 - 05:18 AM

Just submitted this to Amazon for a price match! Hope they come through!

#41 Olengie

Olengie

Rise is Best Girl.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 August 2012 - 05:19 AM

Funny, as I saw the 39.99 price point, I saw a used copy for 31 besides me. :lol: Didn't feel like spending money though

#42 CaoPi

CaoPi

KOEI fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 August 2012 - 05:30 AM

no link to page from gamestop.com? TOtal fail at creating the thread....

MY TRADE LIST ------ (pictures included)

#43 raiden_86

raiden_86

Posted 23 August 2012 - 07:02 AM

I want to get back into the tales series. If anyone has Tales othe abyss (PS2) or a used Graces f (PS3) the want to sell or do partial trade pm me or CML.

#44 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 August 2012 - 04:54 PM

no link to page from gamestop.com? TOtal fail at creating the thread....

And to satisfy the haters since I posted from my phone yesterday, the link to GS.com is now in the OP.

Listen to the Checkmate Arcade video game podcast! Also available on ITunes & Stitcher Radio
42869.png

#45 mtincher

mtincher

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 August 2012 - 06:38 PM

Went and picked it up today from a local Gamestop. I heard you can skip the cutscenes, which is a big plus for me and ultimately the deciding factor. The battle system in Vesperia was great, but not being able to skip cutscenes was annoying.

#46 BigPoeticCanine

BigPoeticCanine

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 August 2012 - 07:28 PM

I cannot recommend this game enough. As a person who hadn't played a quality RPG since the PS2 was at it's prime (aside from Persona 3 and 4), this was quite a breath of fresh air. I absolutely love it and would gladly pay $60 for it again.

Currently Playing:
:pc: Titanfall
:psp: nothing

:wiiu: Mario Kart 8

:3ds: Fire Emblem: Awakening

:ps4: Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag

#47 boogie4114

boogie4114

Enthusiastic Gamer!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 August 2012 - 07:43 PM

For those who find it used around your way and is sitting on alot of PUR points, you can get it for about $20 like I did with the $15 "steal" of the week coupon that's 10,000 points.

#48 barrit

barrit

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 August 2012 - 07:48 PM

I cannot recommend this game enough. As a person who hadn't played a quality RPG since the PS2 was at it's prime (aside from Persona 3 and 4), this was quite a breath of fresh air. I absolutely love it and would gladly pay $60 for it again.

I'll sell you my copy for $60. 8-)

#49 morrodox

morrodox

Hedonistic Iconoclast

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 August 2012 - 08:04 PM

I actually liked Graces a little better than Vesperia. Story was mostly meh, but the battle system was better. Characters were pretty archetype-y in both. Pascal cracked me up for some reason. But GAAAAH the cutscenes and the skits, sometimes they just go on and on. Tales games, Y U NO just let me play you??

#50 Shaq-Funaki

Shaq-Funaki

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 August 2012 - 12:53 AM

I don't think an amazon price match is gonna happen :(

Please check out my YouTube video game channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/shaqfunaki

#51 leopaw

leopaw

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 August 2012 - 01:01 AM

It's listed below "Price Drops" in the ad, so I'd say this is the latter.

Probably a universal price drop coming. I have a feeling $39.99 will be the new price for this game.

#52 chibamm

chibamm

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 August 2012 - 01:16 AM

I picked up a used copy today. The store I was at had the game in both new and used, but I figured what the hell. Gamestop's 'new' is still used, why give them $5 more?
Posted Image

#53 Tom Ato

Tom Ato

Vine Ripened

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 August 2012 - 02:28 AM

Finally grabbed a copy, thanks op.
Like video games and bad writing? Then buy my book! Only $.99 for kindle!

http://www.amazon.co...tmm_pap_title_0

#54 Squall_L_FF8

Squall_L_FF8

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 August 2012 - 03:46 AM

Personally I liked Vesperia more than Graces. I tried playing Symphonia but couldn't get myself to like it. I will probably play Abyss as soon as I finish Graces. Is Legendia any good because I tried it for about a hour but didn't like it?

#55 chibamm

chibamm

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 August 2012 - 03:53 AM

Personally I liked Vesperia more than Graces. I tried playing Symphonia but couldn't get myself to like it. I will probably play Abyss as soon as I finish Graces. Is Legendia any good because I tried it for about a hour but didn't like it?

The load times for Abyss on the PS2 are pretty bad. It reeeaaallly sucks.
Posted Image

#56 skateraXVIII

skateraXVIII

A Muthaf***ing Bunny

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 August 2012 - 05:51 AM

Thanks OP. Was going to try and get this through goHastings but there haven't been to many fantastic promos to capitalize on. Last one had been the 40% promo... but I missed out.

Preferred Symphonia over Abyss. I generally NEVER play games more than once after completion, that being said I think I played Symphonia 2-3 times until completion. Played Vesperia only a few hours but couldn't justify setting aside the countless hours it would take to beat it. Never tried Legendia... but that's because apparently it sucked compared to the others.

PS.
Abyssion kicked my ass... as did Nebilim:lol:

"Put some hot sauce on my burrito baby!"
adf.jpg

#57 Gamer SDP

Gamer SDP

not much of a gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 August 2012 - 05:59 AM

damn can't believe a Tales game is getting a price drop, though I guess Tales is the 4th JRPG series behind FF, DQ, and SO.

#58 62t

62t

Zune Duck!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 August 2012 - 06:41 AM

damn can't believe a Tales game is getting a price drop, though I guess Tales is the 4th JRPG series behind FF, DQ, and SO.

Pretty sure Tales is ahead of SO, but at this point SMT is ahead of both.

My trade list: http://www.cheapassg...ead.php?t=42397

3DS FC 0731-4770-3312

#59 Shaq-Funaki

Shaq-Funaki

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 August 2012 - 01:37 AM

Pretty sure Tales is ahead of SO, but at this point SMT is ahead of both.

Yeah I say now it's:

-Final Fantasy
-Dragon Quest
-SMT
-Tales of...
-
-
-
-
-Star Ocean (it really fell off)

#60 watcher0

watcher0

CAGmeister

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 August 2012 - 01:57 AM

Disappointingly true
[URL="http://direct2drive.tellapal.com/a/clk/mgkpx"][/URL]