(PC) Lost Planet 2 $3.26 w/shipping TigerDirect

[quote name='Tallest-Midget']http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=7203520&CatId=2900
It says: Intel Lost Planet 2 Shooter Video Game Download Promotion but they charge you for shipping?

One of the reviews states that you have to use steam client to download, but i'm not sure.

[/QUOTE]

You get charged for shipping because it's on a paper card that usually gets sent with the qualifying order.

Consequently there's also a Dirt 3 download coupon for 97 cents:

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=670337&CatId=2900

Last edited by a moderator:
Crud, I read this as the first Lost Planet. Lost Planet 2 doesn't activate on Steam via CD key :(

Same with Dirt 3! IIRC, all a lot of the Dirt 3 codes are invalid anyway because of the huge key leak.

[quote name='Scorch']Crud, I read this as the first Lost Planet. Lost Planet 2 doesn't activate on Steam via CD key :(

Same with Dirt 3! IIRC, all a lot of the Dirt 3 codes are invalid anyway because of the huge key leak.[/QUOTE]

For what it's worth, Dirt 3 did for me when I got it with a vid card from there.

Dear god...

Please wait while we find an agent to assist you...
You have been connected to Myra Sito.

Myra Sito: Thank you for contacting us today, how may I assist you?

Jeff: Yes, you are offering a download promotion on a game but are charging shipping for it
Jeff: http://www.tigerdirect.com/applicat...details.asp?EdpNo=7203520&sku=I69-LOSTPLANET2
Jeff: I put it in my cart and am being asked to pay a minmum $2.29 shipping for a download

Myra Sito: Please place the order over the phone for the shipping to be deducted. You may reach them at 1-800-800-8300.

Jeff: How would I get the download code?
Jeff: And why would I have to buy a digital game download over the phone? That makes no sense.

Myra Sito: You must be logged into your account to get the downloadable software. Go to Order History, Invoice Copies, and Return Authorizations. Under Order Number, click the order number of the software purchase. You will see: Download: Click Here

Jeff: So there's no way to get this except over the phone?

Myra Sito: You may still place the order at the website, if you were still being charged for the software when hit the submit button. Once you have downloaded the item, we can request for a refund.

Jeff: Well, thanks. You guys really need to sort that out so it's working properly. There's no shipping involved so you shouldn't be charging it at all.

Myra Sito: We apologize for the inconvenience.

Jeff: Right. Have a nice day.

I actually made the call and had a good laugh with the guy on the other end. He agreed that it was absurd that they were charging shipping. I placed the order and he said I'd get an e-mail with my information so I don't know if it's a Steam code or a download direct from Tiger Direct.

I did have to pay tax (Tiger Direct has retail outlets in IL) but that beats paying $2.29 for non-existent shipping.

Edit: I don't have my email yet nor has it shown up in My Account for Tiger Direct yet. But, as a phone order, I'm not expecting it to be instantaneous.

I had the same issue with them trying to charge me shipping. I had already mad an order earlier for the free 3 game coupon so I was able to add this game to that order with some difficulty from the agent who said it was out of stock when it clearly said in stock on the site... then I asked about downloading.

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Please wait while we find an agent to assist you...
All agents are currently busy. Please stand by.

You have been connected to Neilito Degoma.

Neilito Degoma:
Hello, and thanks for contacting us today, please hold on while I get that information for you.
Neilito Degoma:
Your order is still being processed. Once it is done, you will received an email for the download link.
Nathan:
Any idea how long that will be?
Neilito Degoma:
24 TO 48 HOURS.
Nathan:
ok
Nathan:
keep up the good work with your digital distribution!
Your session has ended. You may now close this window.
[/FONT]
spacer.gif

I actually made the call and had a good laugh with the guy on the other end.
Well it's good to hear that you have a phone, by that previous exchange you sound outright appalled at the idea that you'd have to place your order by phone.

why would I have to buy a digital game download over the phone? That makes no sense.
How does that not make sense? Just because its a downloadable product doesn't mean you have to pay for it online, in theory I could pay cash to have someone email me a code, how is this any different?

For what it's worth, as silly as the shipping thing is and as useless as the online rep was, the phone rep really was a good sport about it. I didn't ask but I got the impression that he's familiar with Steam/Origin and the like and understood just how ridiculous this was. The whole call was under five minutes so, for the principle of the thing, it felt worth it to me.

Ironically, I had just finished an annoyed email to Newegg who sold me a hard drive and then put it on sale the next day with a "Too bad, so sad" response. Tiger Direct's site says that if an item goes on sale after your order has shipped, they'll give you store credit for the difference. Since both were priced almost the same, I got burned going with Newegg and won't make the same mistake again.

[quote name='iamsmart']How does that not make sense? Just because its a downloadable product doesn't mean you have to pay for it online, in theory I could pay cash to have someone email me a code, how is this any different?[/QUOTE]
Rather than debate the point, I'm happy to let you feel like you won :)

For what it's worth, I spoke with a CSR over live chat and he offered to waive the shipping for me, the only thing is I would have to provide him my credit card number over live chat or phone (both of which the logs are recorded/saved). Not worth the risk.

Rather than debate the point, I'm happy to let you feel like you won
Thanks, but as long as there are still people out there being passive-aggressive to customer service reps, I'll never have truly won.

[quote name='Wario64']dirt showdown + deus ex HR + neuizex or whatever that game is called is $0.00 before shipping[/QUOTE]

I'm checking that out. Thanks!

[quote name='Wario64']dirt showdown + deus ex HR + neuizex or whatever that game is called is $0.00 before shipping[/QUOTE]

How'd you find this? I do searches for Dirt Showdown and Deus Ex and I just see them bundled with video cards.

Oh man I really want LP (on Steam). X(

OK, bought. If I get a code for DX:HR and can sell it it'll offset the cost of rebuying LP later. Hehe.

The three games are showing out of stock now but I ordered about an hour ago. We'll see if they go throw. Worst that can happen is I will get my money back.

[quote name='trogoldito']I seriously doubt any of these orders are going to go through. These are all promos that come with amd gpus and intel processors.[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't be so sure. Lost Planet and Dirt, they both show up in Tigerdirect's overstock section. Time will tell, of course.

Dang, I was browsing CAG on my phone when I saw this...then i figured I'd wait until I got home to jump on it. Too late, now OOS ;__;

[quote name='Scorch']Saw deal. Went to get wallet. Clicked add to cart. OOS.

*sigh* I wanted Deus Ex

/edit: Back in stock! Added it to my cart.. hit checkout.. no items in cart :([/QUOTE]

Oops, sorry...I thought it was still in stock. I wonder if it means they'll ship them...

My LP2 purchase is still showing as "In process" but I was e-mailed a confirmation.

I didn't try for the 3-pack coupon since I already own DE:HR and didn't see myself playing the other two.

[quote name='Syntax Error']My LP2 purchase is still showing as "In process" but I was e-mailed a confirmation.

I didn't try for the 3-pack coupon since I already own DE:HR and didn't see myself playing the other two.[/QUOTE]

Where does it say in process?

Log in and go to my account at the top then order history then click on it. Mine says In Process under Lost Planet 2 but at the top it says
Pending Review - Your order is currently being reviewed by our credit card department for processing. No further action may be required on your part. If we determine we need additional information, we will contact you at the phone number and email listed in your account.
I did another order after the one with the three games. It says
Reg Order Process - Credit Card Verification Done. Your order is in process at our warehouse.
It is for Dirt 3 for 97 cents.

Update

All Backordered - These items are currently on backorder, and will ship as soon as we receive stock on them.

Yeah, my "In Process" for LP2 has changed to "All Backordered"

I'm not especially concerned over one dollar so I'll just wait it out until my order is processed or they send my buck back or whatever.

Yeah, my "backordered" order is now just gone.

My dollar-four is sitting in "pending" in my account. I assume it'll eventually just drop off unspent.

My order is All Backordered, but the LP2 item is Status: Canceled. I wonder what they're going to do. How they handle it will really determine if I shop here again.

everything got canceled for me. No e-mail from Tiger Direct. Out of general principle I will never shop from Tiger Direct again regardless of whatever price they give me. They could list a brand new mountain of f-ing diamonds for a penny and I wouldn't order.

Eh, as long as I get my dollar-four back, I'm fine. Really, I don't even care about the buck but, if they're not giving me anything, they shouldn't get to keep it.

As someone else mentioned, the games appeared to have been promotional items for inclusion with hardware purchases. They were probably made available for independent ordering by error. I knew it was a long shot when I ordered and provided they bring me back to even I say no harm, no foul.

bread's done
Back