Borderlands 2

• Please log in to reply
398 replies to this topic

#331 Waughoo

Waughoo

OBEY THE TACO MAN!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2012 - 01:54 PM

Solo'd the raid boss tonight; wasn't too tough once I found a 'special' spot to snipe from. Wasn't able to get a kill screen because I forgot F12 is the hotkey and he slips under the ground pretty fast once he dies. I was also surprised when he died since he still had about 10% HP left. Guess he dies when he runs out of tentacles.

I used to solo Crawmerax with Roland. There was a little ledge at the edge of the cliff you could stand on and duck so he couldnt see you. Then I'd just toss a turret when it was up, and while he was distracted with the turret I'd keep hitting him with my Leviathan. I'd only get hit by his minions if at all.

Does your spot work like that, or is it still a tough fight?
Posted Image
Posted Image

#332 SEH

SEH

Paul's sister is an alien

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2012 - 04:00 PM

With a Bee and a Conference Call, you can solo Terra in all of 10 seconds.

Lm9Ooqv.jpg

#333 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 20 October 2012 - 06:05 PM

I used to solo Crawmerax with Roland. There was a little ledge at the edge of the cliff you could stand on and duck so he couldnt see you. Then I'd just toss a turret when it was up, and while he was distracted with the turret I'd keep hitting him with my Leviathan. I'd only get hit by his minions if at all.

Does your spot work like that, or is it still a tough fight?

Yeah, it's up the ramp where you exit and a little nook allows you to not get hit by anything except if he rolls up next to you or the rocks he throws. It can get dicey only when he gets next to you since you need to retreat to the gate to be out of range again. If during that time there's other tentacles using lasers or flinging fire, you will likely get downed. Usually I'm in a good position to kill at tentacle easy though. Probably took 5-10 tries for me to get the rhythm, but exploiting the spot after that is cake.

I told my buddy who got his zerker to 50 about the 10 second solo, but he really doesn't care since the loot is all garbage compared to what we pulled from 50 or so sanc chests once we hit 50.

#334 SEH

SEH

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2012 - 07:54 PM

Yeah, I've been farming Terra recently using the Bee/CC method, and while its easy, it gets boring fast as he usually drops crap. All the class mods are nearly identical and the drop rate on the damn head customizations is so low.

I've gotten the following weapons in the past two days, so I think I'm done farming for weapons.

This takes care of my pistol needs.
Posted Image

Shotgun, check.
Posted Image

Annnd my SMG.
Posted Image

Those combined with my Bee shield means I can take out anything in the game in a couple hits. Now I've just been farming for head/skin customizations.

After a few attempts at Geary last night I got the Fragger to drop.
Posted Image

This one took awhile, probably 40+ attempts at killing Harry. Finally got it though. Now I just need the "All-Seeing-Eye" skin to complete the wedding outfit.
Posted Image

Lm9Ooqv.jpg

#335 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 20 October 2012 - 11:46 PM

I killed warrior so many times and not a single legendary it made me sick of it. Tried farming him again tonight for about 20 runs and still no shock-stick. Sucks because once you have it, you can farm him even faster although I don't know why you would lol. I was pretty excited since I got my bee shield in less than 10 runs and it rolled really good (~55k amp damage) but came crashing down each time warrior dropped and the gun didn't. :\

#336 SEH

SEH

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2012 - 12:45 AM

Apparently if you farm The Warrior while you still have the final quest active, he has a 75% chance to drop a legendary. So you kill him, loot, then ALT+F4 and keep doing it. After you complete the quest, his legendary drop chance plummets. I wish I had known that. Maybe it wouldn't have taken like 4-5 hours of non-stop farming to get my CC.

I got a good Bee relatively quickly as well. I think Hellquist has a really high drop chance or something as I think I got 4-5 of them in 15-20 attempts.

Lm9Ooqv.jpg

#337 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 21 October 2012 - 05:27 PM

Apparently if you farm The Warrior while you still have the final quest active, he has a 75% chance to drop a legendary. So you kill him, loot, then ALT+F4 and keep doing it. After you complete the quest, his legendary drop chance plummets. I wish I had known that. Maybe it wouldn't have taken like 4-5 hours of non-stop farming to get my CC.

I got a good Bee relatively quickly as well. I think Hellquist has a really high drop chance or something as I think I got 4-5 of them in 15-20 attempts.

Yeah, I found that out after the fact as well and the trick is to just not kill jack so it resets. What's really bad is how loot ends up under warrior's body after the kill. Bad enough the drop rate is terrible, but sometimes it can be sitting under him and you'd never know. Only way to check is fast travel back to hero's pass to despawn the corpse. You'd be amazed how much loot is actually under there because a lot of it isn't visible at all. You're still better off doing quick runs than running back everytime, though.

#338 SEH

SEH

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2012 - 05:40 PM

Yeah, I've seen tons of shit go flying off into the lava or stuck under him. I know they have it pretty much explode loot so people can be all "omgz loot", but its poor design when every time you're basically guaranteed something will be stuck under him or go off into lava.

I tried the fast travel method, but its dumb because it respawns all the damn robots on the way to him, so you wind up spending way too much time trying to get back. Like you said, just better off doing quick runs and sacrificing whatever loot may be hidden.

Lm9Ooqv.jpg

#339 SEH

SEH

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 October 2012 - 07:36 PM

Randy Pitchford confirmed they are working on new classes for future DLC.

Lm9Ooqv.jpg

#340 Waughoo

Waughoo

OBEY THE TACO MAN!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 October 2012 - 07:41 PM

Yeah, I've seen tons of shit go flying off into the lava or stuck under him. I know they have it pretty much explode loot so people can be all "omgz loot", but its poor design when every time you're basically guaranteed something will be stuck under him or go off into lava.

I tried the fast travel method, but its dumb because it respawns all the damn robots on the way to him, so you wind up spending way too much time trying to get back. Like you said, just better off doing quick runs and sacrificing whatever loot may be hidden.

I'm pretty sure that Pitchford said they are debating internally about how to fix that.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#341 JBaz

JBaz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 October 2012 - 09:52 PM

Season Pass is $23 bucks on GreenMan Gaming... Kinda want to get it, but I'll need to get ride of my extra BL2 copies first. :( All my friends say the first DLC is pretty fun.

#342 Waughoo

Waughoo

OBEY THE TACO MAN!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 October 2012 - 05:21 PM

Anyone try the new key exploit? Basically you just make your "profile.bin" file read only, go spend some keys, save and close BL, then go back in. Your keys go back to whatever they were before you used them.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#343 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 24 October 2012 - 05:23 PM

Anyone try the new key exploit? Basically you just make your "profile.bin" file read only, go spend some keys, save and close BL, then go back in. Your keys go back to whatever they were before you used them.

LOL, never ends does it?

#344 Waughoo

Waughoo

OBEY THE TACO MAN!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 October 2012 - 05:25 PM

LOL, never ends does it?

Nope, but I dont think 2k really cares about it that much, as long as you're not selling the items online or anything.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#345 SEH

SEH

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 October 2012 - 06:09 PM

That exploit has been around since the 255 key thing got patched. My friend has a profile.bin that has 255 golden keys. He just backs up his normal profile and C&P's the 255 key one into his save folder. Use the keys, and either put your normal profile back in, or paste the hacked one in again for more keys.

Lm9Ooqv.jpg

#346 Kevfactor

Kevfactor

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 October 2012 - 08:07 PM

just beat the game solo last night. pretty fun

i then went online and notice everyone ninjas everything but teh game is a lot more fun online still hehe. wish they had like a roll button on purple guns or somehting :)

#347 Waughoo

Waughoo

OBEY THE TACO MAN!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2012 - 03:45 AM

Just got a Bee to drop! I think it's low stats,but it's still pretty nice
Posted Image
Posted Image

#348 SEH

SEH

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2012 - 04:19 AM

On The Bee, you want around 50k+ amp damage.

Lm9Ooqv.jpg

#349 WRXKayaker

WRXKayaker

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2012 - 12:54 AM

I've had fantastic luck with legendaries the past few days. Got a Conference Call from Warrior the first time, a Bee from Hellquist after about 5 tries, and a two fer Maggie from Zaford on the 3rd try....all level 50. I've been farming Terra for a while now, and other than his class mod nothing orange has dropped.

Currently Playing:   :pc: Batman: Arkham Origins     :ps3: Far Cry 3

Recently Completed:    :pc: Bioshock Infinite   :ps3: GTA V

Steam Profile

#350 JBaz

JBaz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2012 - 04:37 AM

Took me about 12 hours to get the sniper and shield drops on terra.

#351 BREVITY

BREVITY

The Soul of Wit.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2012 - 02:48 PM

I am up for some Hyperius and Gee runs. I am like 0/20 on them.

Assassin lvl50 w/CC, Bee, Baby Maker, and several other good legendaries.

Steam name BREVITY_
3DS Friend Code:4382-1988-8437 QR Image http://yfrog.com/gzvezjyj
iOS GameCenter Name: BREVITY
Posted ImagePosted Image
Put your hand on a hot stove for a min. and it feels like an hour; play a cool game for an hour and it feels like a min. Brevity's def. of relativity.

#352 Waughoo

Waughoo

OBEY THE TACO MAN!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2012 - 02:41 PM

Finally got the season pass last night! Havent gone into any of it yet though.

And finally got to the Warrior on my second playthrough. Is it just me or is he a bit tougher the first time you fight him, then farming him is easier? Anyhow, I probably killed him 10 times and only got that Orange sniper rifle he drops, and a decent purple rocket launcher. No luck getting a conference call yet, however I have a purple shotty that is something like 5800 x 19 dmg. That combined with my sub-par Bee wrecks the Warrior so at least farming is easy. I also have been farming for Bees a lot. I cant get a level 50 to drop, I've got like 2 lvl 49s and 3 48s though :(
Posted Image
Posted Image

#353 WRXKayaker

WRXKayaker

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2012 - 04:35 PM

Finally got the season pass last night! Havent gone into any of it yet though.

And finally got to the Warrior on my second playthrough. Is it just me or is he a bit tougher the first time you fight him, then farming him is easier? Anyhow, I probably killed him 10 times and only got that Orange sniper rifle he drops, and a decent purple rocket launcher. No luck getting a conference call yet, however I have a purple shotty that is something like 5800 x 19 dmg. That combined with my sub-par Bee wrecks the Warrior so at least farming is easy. I also have been farming for Bees a lot. I cant get a level 50 to drop, I've got like 2 lvl 49s and 3 48s though :(

It's strange that you're getting sub-50 Bees. If you're completed TVH mode (i.e. killed the Warrior), you should only get level 50 drops. Keep working for the conference call. It will drop and it's worth it. I've gotten 4 of them so far (one is lvl 30 from 1st playthrough).

Currently Playing:   :pc: Batman: Arkham Origins     :ps3: Far Cry 3

Recently Completed:    :pc: Bioshock Infinite   :ps3: GTA V

Steam Profile

#354 Waughoo

Waughoo

OBEY THE TACO MAN!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2012 - 11:44 PM

Well, now I've been farming the Warrior for about 2 hours straight, not a single Legendary or upgrade to any of my current equipment. Sad :(
Posted Image
Posted Image

#355 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 30 October 2012 - 04:41 PM

Well, now I've been farming the Warrior for about 2 hours straight, not a single Legendary or upgrade to any of my current equipment. Sad :(

I've said Fuck it until they patch the drops. Seriously no excuse for the corpse to obscure loot like that. That shit is Busch league.

#356 Waughoo

Waughoo

OBEY THE TACO MAN!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 October 2012 - 06:28 PM

Yeah, its really BS. I've seen a bunch of blues land under him, and at least one shield I could not see the color of under him. I considered leaving so he'd despawn, but I knew if I did it would end up being a white piece of crap.

On the other hand, last night he landed on a rakk. It was stuck under him for a bit then slid out. Then it was stuck in the ground awhile.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#357 FellOpenIan

FellOpenIan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 October 2012 - 04:11 PM

Halloween flavored SHiFT codes going out today (good until Nov. 4th):

Maya skin: WTKBJ-XRHTW-C63BT-JTB33-J6C9T

Salvador is coming at noon...I'll do my best to keep on it with edits.

Oops redundancy with the proper thread...they'll stay on it I guess lol (sorry forgot about the SHiFT code thread)
sudo mklove

#358 SEH

SEH

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 October 2012 - 09:52 PM

Here are all the codes currently available:

Zero - 5J5JB-B9S35-W6J33-3BJBT-33JSF
Axton - KT53J-36HBK-W6JJ3-BJJB3-WH95H
Salvador - CTK3J-9XH3W-CRB3J-33TBJ-9JJHW
Maya - WTKBJ-XRHTW-C63BT-JTB33-J6C9T

Gaige will be released in about an hour.

Lm9Ooqv.jpg

#359 SEH

SEH

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 October 2012 - 11:45 PM

And here is the Gaige code:

W3WBJ-C6ZB5-C6JJT-33JJB-JSFX6

On a side note, I've entered all of these, which were successfully redeemed, however none of them show up in-game.

Lm9Ooqv.jpg

#360 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 01 November 2012 - 12:08 AM

Nice, but the codes are invalid? Reminds me I need to play the KF event for a new skin as well! Man that game never gets old.

Oh nevermind, they need to be redeemed through shi(f)t. -_-

Also, you need to continue and quit out 5 times to get all the skins since they're put in your inventory one at a time for w/e reason. At first I was about to be pissed that only one skin showed up and wasn't for my assassin until I tried quitting out. So they're all there. . .with some effort.

Edited by Jodou, 01 November 2012 - 12:30 AM.