Killzone Trilogy Oct 23rd $39.99 (Killzone HD Remake with Trophies)

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!
Yes it is MSRP but people seem to love the new collections so I thought I would throw this up on the page. Hopefully we see a good holiday sale on it. Contains a HD remake of Killzone + all the DLC for Killzone 2 and 3. Pretty good deal for someone who never played these games. I checked quickly and the used price on 2 and 3 will run about $30 so $40 for it all new with DLC and an HD remake of the 1st is not bad.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/09...+twitter&utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social

"Sony has officially announced that the Killzone Trilogy exists and that it'll be coming out on October 23rd in the US and October 24th in Europe.

It'll contain Killzone HD – a shiny remaster of the PS2 title which will have full trophy support – as well as Killzone 2 and Killzone 3 which both appeared on PlayStation 3.
But that's not all. The trilogy will also contain all map packs for the last two installments of the series.

That means for Killzone 2 you'll get:

Steel & Titanium Map Pack
Flash & Thunder Map Pack
Napalm & Cordite Map Pack
And for Killzone 3 that means you'll get:

Killzone 3 Steel Rain Map Pack
Killzone 3 Retro Map Pack
Killzone 3 From The Ashes Map Pack
The trilogy will retail at $39.99 and €49.99/£40.84 in Europe."

thanks for the info. hopefully, i'll find a place with a decent tiv for killzone 2. it was my favorite fps this generation so i've held onto it all this time.

Just in case anyone is curious, Killzone 2 trades for $3.00 and Killzone 3 for $6.00 at Best Buy. With the 100% bonus right now, that's $6.00 and $12.00...$18.00 total or $19.80 if you're unlocked. Since both titles have been sitting in my backlog for some time (and 3 was part of a PSMove bundle I got anyways), I'll be trading them in and waiting for this so I can begin with the original installment...

I really want to play the original Killzone... but it sucks so bad. And I'd rather not have to re-buy KZ2 and 3.

The remaster of the first Killzone is nice and worth getting the collection when the price drops on it unless they decide to release it separately for download or something.

I gotta say though, and it's a small nitpick, but I'm really not a fan of how their new collection packaging looks.

PS3-Collections.jpg

Killzone-Trilogy_PS3_US_ESRBboxart_160w.jpg

I understand they're going for a more unified look, but I think they're damn ugly. Not as ugly as the green stripe on bargain PS1 games or red greatest hits all over PS3 games, but still...

[quote name='GreyFox787']Just in case anyone is curious, Killzone 2 trades for $3.00 and Killzone 3 for $6.00 at Best Buy. With the 100% bonus right now, that's $6.00 and $12.00...$18.00 total or $19.80 if you're unlocked. Since both titles have been sitting in my backlog for some time (and 3 was part of a PSMove bundle I got anyways), I'll be trading them in and waiting for this so I can begin with the original installment...[/QUOTE]

Quick edit on your math: If you're unlocked, you'll get $18.90 and not $19.80. The 10% bonus for GCU is added to the 100% advertised bonus, not multiplied with. Just wanted to correct this before some newbie CAGs got the wrong idea.

[quote name='sykotek']The remaster of the first Killzone is nice and worth getting the collection when the price drops on it unless they decide to release it separately for download or something.

I gotta say though, and it's a small nitpick, but I'm really not a fan of how their new collection packaging looks.

I understand they're going for a more unified look, but I think they're damn ugly. Not as ugly as the green stripe on bargain PS1 games or red greatest hits all over PS3 games, but still...[/QUOTE]

I wish they would have removable stickers for the part likes "5 FULL GAMES" so that the artwork would be only left after you open them. It is like Batman: GOTY stuff. Why the fuck all the extra shit on a nice artwork.

Nice!!!! I never finished KZ1, and loved 2 and 3. Glad I sold them when they were worth something.

I'd loving these Collections they're releasing!!

[quote name='Vinny']I really want to play the original Killzone... but it sucks so bad. And I'd rather not have to re-buy KZ2 and 3.[/QUOTE]

From the looks of it there will be a downloadable version of Killzone HD so you'll be all set. I on the other hand want all 3 of them in 3D with Move support but that looks highly unlikely.

[quote name='hollowfreak']From the looks of it there will be a downloadable version of Killzone HD so you'll be all set. I on the other hand want all 3 of them in 3D with Move support but that looks highly unlikely.[/QUOTE]

Nuts to that... if I can't get a physical copy then it's no go for me. I just don't like the idea of digital distribution simply because I don't know what will happen to stuff I buy in 20 years.

[quote name='Vinny']I really want to play the original Killzone... but it sucks so bad. And I'd rather not have to re-buy KZ2 and 3.[/QUOTE]
I Think that's one game where I remember filling up my allies with bullets then I do any of the enemies because the AI was so bad and they just loved blocking my shots. Though even back in the day before PS3 was out I remember it was one boring shooter.

[quote name='cancerman1120']
That means for Killzone 2 you'll get:

Steel & Titanium Map Pack
Flash & Thunder Map Pack
Napalm & Cordite Map Pack
And for Killzone 3 that means you'll get:

Killzone 3 Steel Rain Map Pack
Killzone 3 Retro Map Pack
Killzone 3 From The Ashes Map Pack
[/QUOTE]

Thanks for this info. I'll be trading in my copies of 2 and 3 to Best Buy tonight.

Thanks for the post! Does anyone know for sure if they all will be on the disc, or will it be via PSN code for any of the games?

Nice, I'll have to trade in my copy of Killzone 2 then...haven't gotten around to opening that yet.

Remember, if Newegg puts it available to pre-order by the 9th, you can use the $10 off code and get this for $29.99!

A question from someone who has never played a Killzone game before. How does this series stand apart from all the other FPS games on the market?

I enjoy FPS games but I prefer they bring something original to the table. Loved Orange Box, BioShock, Bulletstorm & Portal. I don't get overly excited about Halo or Call of Duty. Tried the first Resistance, didn't enjoy it much at all. I greatly prefer single-player or 2-player co-op over deathmatch.

Is there something about Killzone that makes it unique among FPS franchises?

[quote name='JP73']Thanks for the post! Does anyone know for sure if they all will be on the disc, or will it be via PSN code for any of the games?[/QUOTE]

It hasn't been said for sure. I went to the playstation blog, and in the comments one of the replies is that KZ1 HD will be available via PSN download separately. Knowing SCEA it will probably just be a voucher for KZ1. I really really hope it isn't though. I hope it's like the Ratchet & Clank collection, where everything is on disc. Then again the whole R&A collection would have just been a box with vouchers if they tried to pull that, so that's a different situation.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012...joins-playstation-collection-on-october-23rd/

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='morrodox']A question from someone who has never played a Killzone game before. How does this series stand apart from all the other FPS games on the market?

I enjoy FPS games but I prefer they bring something original to the table. Loved Orange Box, BioShock, Bulletstorm & Portal. I don't get overly excited about Halo or Call of Duty. Tried the first Resistance, didn't enjoy it much at all. I greatly prefer single-player or 2-player co-op over deathmatch.

Is there something about Killzone that makes it unique among FPS franchises?[/QUOTE]

Not sure about co op but this game is meant for MP because the story is horrible. I would say the only thing unique about this game are the graphics

[quote name='GreyFox787']Just in case anyone is curious, Killzone 2 trades for $3.00 and Killzone 3 for $6.00 at Best Buy. With the 100% bonus right now, that's $6.00 and $12.00...$18.00 total or $19.80 if you're unlocked. Since both titles have been sitting in my backlog for some time (and 3 was part of a PSMove bundle I got anyways), I'll be trading them in and waiting for this so I can begin with the original installment...[/QUOTE]

So youre gonna pay $20 plus tax for the first Killzone?

Me too, already have 2 and 3 and all the DLC. Probably will pass until I can get it for $20 or cheaper. But a good deal if you don't have any of them.

Online for K2 and K3 were some of the more enjoyable multiplayer shooters so far. Sniping is Killzone 2 has been my favorite online experience so far. Its just a blast with spot and mark.

I'm torn because I'd love to play Killzone 1 since I never got it for PS2 but I do not want to spend a whole lot on 2/3 games Ive already played through. Plus I hate downloading games when they ar available on disk. Probably have to wait for a sub $20 sale to pick up the fist...

I remember playing KZ1 multiplayer a lot. Will this support KZ 1 multiplayer? If it does...oh man.

I really want to use my BBY B2G1 coupon on Killzone, GOW and Ratchet bundle packs, but I fear these games, if not a portion if it, will become part of the instant game collection

[quote name='roymustang']Kinda disappointing that Killzone will only be 720p/30fps. That being said I might pick this up when it hits $19.99 or less.[/QUOTE]

will wait for $20 as well, I have only played KZ2 and I loved the single player campaign the MP aspect not so much

[quote name='JayRooster']Not sure about co op but this game is meant for MP because the story is horrible. I would say the only thing unique about this game are the graphics[/QUOTE]

The cover/lean mechanic is pretty unique.

[quote name='gr8asianman']Looks good op. Am I the only one that enjoyed the original Killzone?[/QUOTE]

Nope, I loved it, played the crap out of it with a buddy.:applause:

Haven't done that so much with 2 and 3 though.....

Still it's MSRP and not a deal till it gets down to $20.

[quote name='@FIF']The cover/lean mechanic is pretty unique.[/QUOTE]

I guess... Dishonored is going to have something similar but of course that isn't going to be a multiplayer focused game

[quote name='JaylisJayP']So youre gonna pay $20 plus tax for the first Killzone?[/QUOTE]

For an HD remastering? Sure. Plus, it contains all of the DLC for the sequels...is that free now? Maybe some of it is, but surely not all?

Also, thanks to the other poster who corrected my math; forgot that the bonus 10% only applies to base value.

[quote name='cancerman1120']I wish they would have removable stickers for the part likes "5 FULL GAMES" so that the artwork would be only left after you open them. It is like Batman: GOTY stuff. Why the fuck all the extra shit on a nice artwork.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. Just imagine how much better looking and how much more it would be worth displaying if all that advertising garbage was instead printed on a clear slipcover and the artwork was instead part of an independent inner package. I think it's a big mistake to go the "cheap crap" way instead of going for a more classier minimalist route. Yea, this is just a side discussion on box art, but small changes can make a huge difference in perception and value I think.

[quote name='irishsoccermbw']I'm not an expert when it comes to currency exchange, but Europe is getting screwed.[/QUOTE]

They're probably also getting the superior version. The US version will almost certainly have half the content as vouchers instead of being on disc.

I can just see it now. KZ 2 & 3 on disc...however the DLC will be a voucher ala the GOTY of Uncharted 2.

KZ 1 will be on a voucher as well.

If that's the case then I'll stick with my KZ discs and get KZ 1 eventually on PSN.

[quote name='TaylorM06']Nice!!!! I never finished KZ1, and loved 2 and 3. Glad I sold them when they were worth something.

I'd loving these Collections they're releasing!![/QUOTE]

Never finished the original either. I want to before playing the others so I'm definitely in!

Loved KZ2 and 3. Sadly never played 1 so this is a day one buy for that alone.
I'm a CAG but I'm also a collector so having KZ1 on my shelf and on my trophy list is just too epic to pass up. Amazing fps for anyone that hasn't played it, unlike other shooters this one actually provokes emotion.

[quote name='sykotek']The remaster of the first Killzone is nice and worth getting the collection when the price drops on it unless they decide to release it separately for download or something.

PS3-Collections.jpg

Killzone-Trilogy_PS3_US_ESRBboxart_160w.jpg

I understand they're going for a more unified look, but I think they're damn ugly. Not as ugly as the green stripe on bargain PS1 games or red greatest hits all over PS3 games, but still...[/QUOTE]
Ugly? The packaging looks amazing. I seriously contemplated buying the Infamous one despite owning the games already bc of the cool new package. Those things are gorgeous

These collections are great. Played every one of these games.

The Ratchet Collection is kind of weird, though. Not as comprehensive as it could be...but you have to draw the line somewhere, heh. Kind of weird that they went all out with God of War but not Ratchet.

Also, we need a Resistance collection!

[quote name='Havok83']Ugly? The packaging looks amazing. I seriously contemplated buying the Infamous one despite owning the games already bc of the cool new package. Those things are gorgeous[/QUOTE]

I really like the new packaging as well. Definitely better than a lot of the other "Greatest Hits"-style cases I've seen over the years.

Anyway, glad to see another collection like this. I've never played any of the KZ series, but I'll pick this up when it hits $20 as well.

[quote name='Havok83']Ugly? The packaging looks amazing. I seriously contemplated buying the Infamous one despite owning the games already bc of the cool new package. Those things are gorgeous[/QUOTE]

Same here, I love the GoW Saga artwork inside and out and the artwork inside for the infamous collection looks so sweet. Idk about other CAG's but I'm a sucker for artwork inside the case

[quote name='Pojo']These collections are great. Played every one of these games.

The Ratchet Collection is kind of weird, though. Not as comprehensive as it could be...but you have to draw the line somewhere, heh. Kind of weird that they went all out with God of War but not Ratchet.

Also, we need a Resistance collection![/QUOTE]

Don't forget the uncharted collection

I actually think they're ugly as sin. Different strokes for different folks.

[quote name='Pojo']These collections are great. Played every one of these games.

Also, we need a Resistance collection![/QUOTE]

Well, at this point they've already got all 5 GOW games upscaled in HD and ready to go. For the Ratchet collection they had to put a ton of work into each game.

[quote name='roymustang']That being said I might pick this up when it hits $19.99 or less.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='LazyTriangle']will wait for $20 as well[/QUOTE]

[quote name='destro4eva']Still it's MSRP and not a deal till it gets down to $20.[/QUOTE]I'm with all of u will be getting this around BF since the wait will not be an issue.

bread's done
Back