Wii U - LEGO City: Undercover

• Please log in to reply
76 replies to this topic

#1 ebucel

ebucel

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2012 - 04:51 PM

Who is pre-ordering to get the mini-fig and who is offering that pre-order?

also where is the wii u icon.

#2 Erad30

Erad30

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 October 2012 - 11:58 AM

I think the Lego formula has gotten a little tired but this open world title that isn't based on any movie license may be just the fresh spin it needs.

Blog is on hiatus but check out both Screensnark & Gamesided for my latest writings!

Gamertag/PSN: Eradicator31

Wii U: Eradicator30

#3 pitfallharry219

pitfallharry219

It's go time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2013 - 02:48 AM

New trailer is out. I'm probably way more excited for this than I should be. It looks awesome.

http://www.youtube.c...?v=E7SYYU83RJ0

#4 moothemagiccow

moothemagiccow

Tall buildings shake

• Silenced

Posted 05 February 2013 - 05:33 AM

kinda sad that the graphics still look wii quality

#5 TrumpetDan

TrumpetDan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2013 - 04:51 PM

kinda sad that the graphics still look wii quality

I think that has more to do with the quality of the video in these trailers... I'd imagine the finished product will look better.

#6 maximumzero

maximumzero

Seriously, quit it.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2013 - 05:23 PM

This will be my first Lego game, so any complaints of "The Lego formula is getting stale" doesn't apply to me.

oIi9lub.png

#7 nickerous

nickerous

Posted 07 February 2013 - 07:09 PM

Sales boost for this title in the wake of Rayman news ?

#8 soonersfan60

soonersfan60

Longing for retro CAG...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 February 2013 - 08:40 PM

Definitely agree with that...

#9 Josh5890

Josh5890

For AC New Leaf 3DS- 3110-4025-7228

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2013 - 04:25 AM

I'm buying this because of the Rayman news so yea.

#10 KingBroly

KingBroly

CAG Club Nintendo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2013 - 04:47 AM

I imagine it'll be split between Monster Hunter and this. I think Lego City was already going to be a big seller because the toy marketing was huge during the holidays.
Completed Games: 2011 | 2012
CAG Club Nintendo Thread
Posted Image

#11 TimboSliceGB

TimboSliceGB

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2013 - 05:44 AM

This will be my first Lego game, so any complaints of "The Lego formula is getting stale" doesn't apply to me.

you should go back and play older ones there are some AMAZING lego games including batman 2 by far best lego game made

#12 soonersfan60

soonersfan60

Longing for retro CAG...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2013 - 02:59 PM

Batman 2 is better than Star Wars 6 episode movie game?

#13 007

Areaologist

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2013 - 03:39 PM

I imagine it'll be split between Monster Hunter and this. I think Lego City was already going to be a big seller because the toy marketing was huge during the holidays.

Exactly... the Rayman delay puts this title in a really great position, being basically the first major release since launch. It also helps the younger market, which (according to Activison, anyway) is actually pretty lacking on the Wii U. This and MH is a pretty decent one-two punch in March for the console. Something for everyone, really.

At the end of the day, I think this is the title that will get the biggest boost from Ubisoft's Fuck-up... unless it turns out to be horrible, but I'm not betting on that.

Edited by 007, 11 February 2013 - 03:54 PM.

#14 TheLongshot

TheLongshot

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2013 - 03:57 PM

Batman 2 is better than Star Wars 6 episode movie game?

To be honest, I'm not sure I agree. Batman 2 had some good ideas, but they also had some annoying ones as well. (Fuck endless rail shooter levels) Also, I don't think the story levels were as strong as the first LEGO Batman game. I liked the open world, but it all got repetitive after a while.

Hopefully, LEGO Undercover builds on the open world aspect and makes it more interesting. It doesn't matter if it does, since the franchise is a license to print money, but I do hope that they do come up with more interesting ways to do things.
Posted Image

#15 TimboSliceGB

TimboSliceGB

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2013 - 03:31 AM

game should sell well all lego games do. I would not be shocked if we see this game on other systems later. Unlike rayman which was a wii u seller this game is not even close to be a system seller. Plus lego city legos have huge following which should help this game.

#16 bigbadwolfe911

bigbadwolfe911

Who's Afraid of Me?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2013 - 08:52 AM

I am looking forward to love that it has its own story, I've enjoyed the others but think an original story will really add to the game!
Please add me to your Ultraviolet/Digital Copy mailing lists, my email is tjw779@yahoo.com

#17 KingBroly

KingBroly

CAG Club Nintendo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2013 - 08:57 AM

game should sell well all lego games do. I would not be shocked if we see this game on other systems later. Unlike rayman which was a wii u seller this game is not even close to be a system seller. Plus lego city legos have huge following which should help this game.

Nintendo's paying for it and publishing it, along with the 3DS one. There's also a ton of Nintendo references in it from what I have heard.
Completed Games: 2011 | 2012
CAG Club Nintendo Thread
Posted Image

#18 shiftyfink

shiftyfink

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 March 2013 - 03:22 AM

In a lego convention thing in Pittsburgh. They had a working demo of it and it was pretty cool. The wii controller is used to scan parts of the screen. My 7 wants it bad.

#19 bhk

bhk

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 March 2013 - 10:34 PM

Does anyone know if this is going to have co-op?

#20 SteveGo

SteveGo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 March 2013 - 01:38 PM

Does anyone know if this is going to have co-op?

No multiplayer according to the Eurogamer review. But they do give the game a 9 out of 10.

http://www.eurogamer...dercover-review

#21 sp00ge

sp00ge

Fluggaenkoecchicebolsen!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 March 2013 - 12:28 AM

It's not too often I do day 1 purchases, but I just went and paid off my preorder today. Hope it's worth it.

Bored? Too much money than you know what to do with? Why not check out my Amazon Storefront? If you see anything you want, send me a PM! Make an offer, either monetary or trade! Over 2000 items, and more added daily!

#22 nbballard

nbballard

glad you didnt say banana

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 March 2013 - 03:05 PM

When does this come out? I've seen it listed as 03/18, 03/19, and 03/20. Do Nintendo releases not still come out on Sundays?
Spoiler

#23 SteveGo

SteveGo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 March 2013 - 06:41 PM

When does this come out? I've seen it listed as 03/18, 03/19, and 03/20. Do Nintendo releases not still come out on Sundays?

According to my local Gamestop, it comes out Tuesday the 19th. They are also doing a midnight release for it Monday night/ Tuesday morning.

#24 sp00ge

sp00ge

Fluggaenkoecchicebolsen!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 March 2013 - 09:26 PM

According to my local Gamestop, it comes out Tuesday the 19th. They are also doing a midnight release for it Monday night/ Tuesday morning.

I was told tomorrow, that's also what Gamestop.com says too. I'll be stopping in anyways, so I'll update if I actually get it tomorrow.

Bored? Too much money than you know what to do with? Why not check out my Amazon Storefront? If you see anything you want, send me a PM! Make an offer, either monetary or trade! Over 2000 items, and more added daily!

#25 Scobie

Scobie

CAG City Rocker

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 March 2013 - 12:37 AM

This game definitely has my attention. The reported load times are a concern, but I figure if I'm playing a Lego game, I probably don't have a better use for those lost minutes anyway. :)
Posted Image

#26 token2k6

token2k6

Posted 18 March 2013 - 01:14 PM

Man, the release info for this game is getting ridiculous! First, Amazon always had it listed as coming out today, 3/18. Now, if you check their page, it says it may take 2-3 weeks to ship and there is a big exclamation point talking about shipping problems from the manufacturer.

The Target website has always stated that it releases 3/18. Their current circular states is 'Available Wed' (so 3/20) As of 3/18, their website says its 'Available In Stores Only' but if you check stock, all stores are 'Out of Stock' (at least for zipcodes around me)

BestBuy.com has always maintained the release date would be Wednesday 3/20. However on @gamer magazines release calendar page, it states today, 3/18.

I JUST WANT THE DAMN GAME!!!
Posted Image

My DVD/BD collection that out rivals my game collection: via DVD Profiler / My CAG tradelist.

#27 sp00ge

sp00ge

Fluggaenkoecchicebolsen!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 March 2013 - 02:45 PM

I just called my Gamestop and was told it's delayed until Wednesday or Thursday. Damn...

#28 jr233270

jr233270

Posted 18 March 2013 - 02:48 PM

This delay is the kind of thing that makes me switch a pre-order. I was debating between Lego City Undercover and Need For Speed Most Wanted U anyway.

#29 TimboSliceGB

TimboSliceGB

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 March 2013 - 06:19 PM

man this sucks the first game i wanted for wii u since launch is delayed. NO store has this game in stock and have no clue when they will get it in. Wii U just keeps getting worse and worse. I could have saved from buying this day 1 and wait till a game came out i wanted and good chance saved money.

#30 pitfallharry219

pitfallharry219

It's go time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 March 2013 - 06:22 PM

Man, the release info for this game is getting ridiculous! First, Amazon always had it listed as coming out today, 3/18. Now, if you check their page, it says it may take 2-3 weeks to ship and there is a big exclamation point talking about shipping problems from the manufacturer.

The Target website has always stated that it releases 3/18. Their current circular states is 'Available Wed' (so 3/20) As of 3/18, their website says its 'Available In Stores Only' but if you check stock, all stores are 'Out of Stock' (at least for zipcodes around me)

BestBuy.com has always maintained the release date would be Wednesday 3/20. However on @gamer magazines release calendar page, it states today, 3/18.

I JUST WANT THE DAMN GAME!!!

The delay warning from Amazon has seriously been there for weeks. I posted about it at the beginning of February.

http://www.cheapassg...&postcount=2471