Wii U - LEGO City: Undercover

ebucel

CAGiversary!
Who is pre-ordering to get the mini-fig and who is offering that pre-order?

also where is the wii u icon.

[quote name='moothemagiccow']kinda sad that the graphics still look wii quality[/QUOTE]

I think that has more to do with the quality of the video in these trailers... I'd imagine the finished product will look better.

[quote name='nickerous']Sales boost for this title in the wake of Rayman news ?[/QUOTE]

I'm buying this because of the Rayman news so yea.

[quote name='nickerous']Sales boost for this title in the wake of Rayman news ?[/QUOTE]

I imagine it'll be split between Monster Hunter and this. I think Lego City was already going to be a big seller because the toy marketing was huge during the holidays.

[quote name='maximumzero']This will be my first Lego game, so any complaints of "The Lego formula is getting stale" doesn't apply to me.[/QUOTE]

you should go back and play older ones there are some AMAZING lego games including batman 2 by far best lego game made

[quote name='KingBroly']I imagine it'll be split between Monster Hunter and this. I think Lego City was already going to be a big seller because the toy marketing was huge during the holidays.[/QUOTE]

Exactly... the Rayman delay puts this title in a really great position, being basically the first major release since launch. It also helps the younger market, which (according to Activison, anyway) is actually pretty lacking on the Wii U. This and MH is a pretty decent one-two punch in March for the console. Something for everyone, really.

At the end of the day, I think this is the title that will get the biggest boost from Ubisoft's fuck-up... unless it turns out to be horrible, but I'm not betting on that.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='soonersfan60']Batman 2 is better than Star Wars 6 episode movie game?[/QUOTE]

To be honest, I'm not sure I agree. Batman 2 had some good ideas, but they also had some annoying ones as well. (fuck endless rail shooter levels) Also, I don't think the story levels were as strong as the first LEGO Batman game. I liked the open world, but it all got repetitive after a while.

Hopefully, LEGO Undercover builds on the open world aspect and makes it more interesting. It doesn't matter if it does, since the franchise is a license to print money, but I do hope that they do come up with more interesting ways to do things.

game should sell well all lego games do. I would not be shocked if we see this game on other systems later. Unlike rayman which was a wii u seller this game is not even close to be a system seller. Plus lego city legos have huge following which should help this game.

[quote name='TimboSliceGB']game should sell well all lego games do. I would not be shocked if we see this game on other systems later. Unlike rayman which was a wii u seller this game is not even close to be a system seller. Plus lego city legos have huge following which should help this game.[/QUOTE]

Nintendo's paying for it and publishing it, along with the 3DS one. There's also a ton of Nintendo references in it from what I have heard.

In a lego convention thing in Pittsburgh. They had a working demo of it and it was pretty cool. The wii controller is used to scan parts of the screen. My 7 wants it bad.

[quote name='nbballard']When does this come out? I've seen it listed as 03/18, 03/19, and 03/20. Do Nintendo releases not still come out on Sundays?[/QUOTE]

According to my local Gamestop, it comes out Tuesday the 19th. They are also doing a midnight release for it Monday night/ Tuesday morning.

[quote name='SteveGo']According to my local Gamestop, it comes out Tuesday the 19th. They are also doing a midnight release for it Monday night/ Tuesday morning.[/QUOTE]

I was told tomorrow, that's also what Gamestop.com says too. I'll be stopping in anyways, so I'll update if I actually get it tomorrow.

This game definitely has my attention. The reported load times are a concern, but I figure if I'm playing a Lego game, I probably don't have a better use for those lost minutes anyway. :)

Man, the release info for this game is getting ridiculous! First, Amazon always had it listed as coming out today, 3/18. Now, if you check their page, it says it may take 2-3 weeks to ship and there is a big exclamation point talking about shipping problems from the manufacturer.

The Target website has always stated that it releases 3/18. Their current circular states is 'Available Wed' (so 3/20) As of 3/18, their website says its 'Available In Stores Only' but if you check stock, all stores are 'Out of Stock' (at least for zipcodes around me)

BestBuy.com has always maintained the release date would be Wednesday 3/20. However on @gamer magazines release calendar page, it states today, 3/18.

I JUST WANT THE DAMN GAME!!!

This delay is the kind of thing that makes me switch a pre-order. I was debating between Lego City Undercover and Need For Speed Most Wanted U anyway.

man this sucks the first game i wanted for wii u since launch is delayed. NO store has this game in stock and have no clue when they will get it in. Wii U just keeps getting worse and worse. I could have saved from buying this day 1 and wait till a game came out i wanted and good chance saved money.

[quote name='token2k6']Man, the release info for this game is getting ridiculous! First, Amazon always had it listed as coming out today, 3/18. Now, if you check their page, it says it may take 2-3 weeks to ship and there is a big exclamation point talking about shipping problems from the manufacturer.

The Target website has always stated that it releases 3/18. Their current circular states is 'Available Wed' (so 3/20) As of 3/18, their website says its 'Available In Stores Only' but if you check stock, all stores are 'Out of Stock' (at least for zipcodes around me)

BestBuy.com has always maintained the release date would be Wednesday 3/20. However on @gamer magazines release calendar page, it states today, 3/18.

I JUST WANT THE DAMN GAME!!![/QUOTE]

The delay warning from Amazon has seriously been there for weeks. I posted about it at the beginning of February.

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=10454660&postcount=2471

makes no sense why a game maker already knows they will have shipping delay just a month before. Wii u delays have hurt wii u more then it has helped the system.

[quote name='TimboSliceGB']man this sucks the first game i wanted for wii u since launch is delayed. NO store has this game in stock and have no clue when they will get it in. Wii U just keeps getting worse and worse. I could have saved from buying this day 1 and wait till a game came out i wanted and good chance saved money.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, tell me about it. I am in a pickle b/c yesterday I bought The Amazing Spiderman and Ben 10 Omniverse in hopes to do a return/rebuy with Lego Undercover, 3 for $90 for their promo, but if its not there on Wednesday, looks like I'll be returning those two. Thankfully I resisted the urge to tear into Spiderman b/c I really want to check that out. But GS will have it for $30 starting Wednesday, so not all hope is lost if the B2G1 doesn't work..

[quote name='pitfallharry219']The delay warning from Amazon has seriously been there for weeks. I posted about it at the beginning of February[/QUOTE]

Sorry man, I had no idea you posted that, nor did I ever study the page..

[quote name='TimboSliceGB']man this sucks the first game i wanted for wii u since launch is delayed. NO store has this game in stock and have no clue when they will get it in. Wii U just keeps getting worse and worse. I could have saved from buying this day 1 and wait till a game came out i wanted and good chance saved money.[/QUOTE]

You can download it now and you will get $5 eshop credit.

[quote name='ProfWho']You can download it now and you will get $5 eshop credit.[/QUOTE]

i will not pay 50 bucks for a download game at that price i demand a physical copy

Downloaded mine last night when the price was listed at $59.99 was pretty sure it would be corrected but as I ad already bought my $50 eShop card (which I got for $45 via ToysRus promo) and was really looking forward to this game and new it would be one I would prefer digital copy of. So anyhow paid $59.99 no tax, -$5 from discount on eShop card, then today got a email saying they would refund $12 because of pricing problem, and then via digital deluxe I will be getting another $5 (possibly $6 because of original $59.99 charge) bringing it down to either $38 or possibly $37 for an awesome game that both me and my wife will get countless hours of fun out of. We played it tonight for about 3-4 hours and it was a blast, by far the best Lego game yet.

[quote name='TimboSliceGB']makes no sense why a game maker already knows they will have shipping delay just a month before. Wii u delays have hurt wii u more then it has helped the system.[/QUOTE]

Truly a situation unique to the Wii U. So bizarre.

So, I ordered Lego City during the Buy One Get One 50% sale Best Buy had a few weeks ago. About 45 minutes ago, the status changed to 'backordered - ships in one to two weeks'. Yeah, wasn't thrilled. I called Best Buy and they were able to change it to in-store pick up, so I'll be heading out to grab my $25 LC in about an hour from the store 5 minutes away.

It says a lot about the current state of consumer relations that I was actually pretty floored that Best Buy was able to help. I really figured I was screwed. Still, hooray.

[quote name='theflicker']Truly a situation unique to the Wii U. So bizarre.[/QUOTE]

Maybe this is the same shipping issue that hit Fire Emblem too? They need to get their act together.

[quote name='theflicker']Truly a situation unique to the Wii U. So bizarre.[/QUOTE]

when did i ever say it was only a wii u issue lol. I was talking about how many of the games people got a wii u for was either delayed and now this one shipping delay.

Anyone else get boned by best buy? email said it was delayed until 4/7 but street date had changed to 3/18 and that i could pick it up in store today. went to the store and they had the game but due to a "glitch" they can't sell it today. freaking lame

[quote name='TimboSliceGB']i will not pay 50 bucks for a download game at that price i demand a physical copy[/QUOTE]

Technically it is $45 after the Digital deluxe promotion.

[quote name='ProfWho']Technically it is $45 after the Digital deluxe promotion.[/QUOTE]

i have the white system seeing i did not need the bigger hdd i had a extra portable hdd and did not care about the game that was in it

My local Kmart (Twin Falls, ID) had two copies in store, so if your not finding you might try a Kmart if you got one though it was marked at $49.99 and if you spend $50 you get $5 award card at register, not sure if they have a promo specific to this game going on with it as well or not.

[quote name='TimboSliceGB']i have the white system seeing i did not need the bigger hdd i had a extra portable hdd and did not care about the game that was in it[/QUOTE]

Fair enough

[quote name='TimboSliceGB']when did i ever say it was only a wii u issue lol. I was talking about how many of the games people got a wii u for was either delayed and now this one shipping delay.[/QUOTE]

What you said was "Wii u delays have hurt wii u more then it has helped the system."

I was just joking because you made it sound like it was odd that delays actually hurt the system more than they have helped. Which . . . yeah, go figure. Normally, delays boost sales and are welcomed by the community, right?

These "delays" make no sense. There was at least 3 copies at a Walmart in the same strip mall as the GameStop that I pre-ordered my copy at which they say won't be in until Friday.

Ninty needs to get their shit together with these inconsistent game launches. First Fire Emblem, now this.

Give me a break. Now Gamestop is saying Friday. I would cancel, but I want that minifig. Ugh..

I will be PISSED if I get screwed out of that.

the sad part is this is not even nintendo or game makers fault the company they pay to produce the disc told them all the way back in jan that they will be delays in printing disc's. To be honest i woud have put back the launch of the game till they knew for sure they would have enough supply for a launch for a game that really is the first game worth getting for wii u since launch.

Son of a bitch. So, I decided to just go to Best Buy and get a copy and, despite the online inventory showing it being available for pickup today, I was given what could possibly be the weirdest excuse in recent months. The kid working electronics said the case showed up with the guides, but where the games were supposed to be, were copies of Forza 4 for the 360. (???)

I'm about to just say screw it and pick up Monster Hunter and just wait for a price drop on this one. I'm just so frustrated and sick of the "one more day" line of crap I've been getting all week.

bread's done
Back