3 Select Vita games for $40 + tax Walmart.com

• Please log in to reply
566 replies to this topic

#31 Saix_XIII

Saix_XIII

Video Game Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2012 - 06:59 PM

Resistance or Unit 13 ... Any recommendations?

I have both, here is my assessment.

• Resistance: Burning Skies
    • Rather short but honestly really fun
    • Easy to platinum
    • The online works and is honestly rather fun, it's nice to see a true console shooter experience but on a smaller scale (4v4) and on the go
  • Unit 13
    • Great for on the go, a good number of short missions that have varying objectives
    • Gets repetitive after a while since they reuse areas of the game but with different objectives
    • Has co-op, but you need to finish a level single player to be able to play it co-op. Really annoying!!!
    • Each character/class has levels so it adds some replay to it

532919.pngsig.gif

Repetition in a game is NOT a bad thing, almost all games are repetitive. What matters is if YOU enjoy the game, then the repetition becomes enjoyable and doesn't feel monotonous or boring.
My Trade List

#32 Versafied

Versafied

Formerly known as vlv723

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2012 - 06:59 PM

Yea this is an amazing deal for flipping. Uncharted and Gravity Rush easily go for over 20 on eBay.

Already knew someone was gonna say the "F" word. Lol

#33 LazyTriangle

LazyTriangle

flashbang dance

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2012 - 07:05 PM

looks like Gravity Rush is OOS

AnQAzfm.png

#34 Jackovasaurus

Jackovasaurus

And ya say Chi-City

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2012 - 07:07 PM

You can't pick it up today from store? I see ship to store, but that won't be ready until the 28th...

#35 jayntampa

jayntampa

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2012 - 07:08 PM

I went ahead and bit ... I don't have a Vita yet, either lol but, if I did, I'd need Uncharted and Gravity Rush. I figure I'll get one by the end of the year ... I have P4 Golden on Pre-order, too. As soon as Best Buy has a good deal, I'll get the system.

#36 Pliskin

Pliskin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2012 - 07:08 PM

looks like Gravity Rush is OOS

Yep it is. :cry:

#37 Vendetta

Vendetta

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2012 - 07:09 PM

This is a great deal - in for MLB 12, Unit 13 (decided on this over Resistance), and Gravity Rush. I'd have gotten Uncharted if I didn't have it already too. Thanks OP!

#38 Namerson

Namerson

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2012 - 07:09 PM

Are online deals available instore? Haven't shopped at Wal-Mart for a while and this is a really great deal.
3DS Friend Code: 1203 - 9542 - 1648 (Remember to PM if you add me!)

How not to review a video game: http://blogs.wsj.com...s-to-cross-ove/

I don't consider QTEs gameplay. This "game" is about as deep as the mini games on a disney DVD.

#39 LD_Helix

LD_Helix

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2012 - 07:11 PM

You can't pick it up today from store? I see ship to store, but that won't be ready until the 28th...

Thats because online ordering mean they are sent from their warehouse, even if they have it in-store, kinda like best buy in-store pick up. Also walmart don't match their online deal in-store, go figure.

#40 TheBomb69

TheBomb69

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2012 - 07:16 PM

No Gravity Rush. DAMMIT!!!

#41 Saix_XIII

Saix_XIII

Video Game Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2012 - 07:16 PM

Thats because online ordering mean they are sent from their warehouse, even if they have it in-store, kinda like best buy in-store pick up. Also walmart don't match their online deal in-store, go figure.

Uhhhhh what? Wal-Mart has in store pickup for items that you can get today if you order online. Also, do you even know how Best Buy in-store pick-up works?

532919.pngsig.gif

Repetition in a game is NOT a bad thing, almost all games are repetitive. What matters is if YOU enjoy the game, then the repetition becomes enjoyable and doesn't feel monotonous or boring.
My Trade List

#42 BryanDGAF

BryanDGAF

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2012 - 07:17 PM

i dont see gravity rush listed :(

#43 FadeToOne

FadeToOne

It's CAGtastic!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2012 - 07:20 PM

Sweet deal. Worth it for Uncharted + anything, so I grabbed that and Resistance/Unit 13. Would have liked Gravity Rush but looks like working out actually screwed me over today.
FadeToOne.png

#44 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2012 - 07:21 PM

Uhhhhh what? Wal-Mart has in store pickup for items that you can get today if you order online. Also, do you even know how Best Buy in-store pick-up works?

^ I think he meant best buy ship-to-store...

anyways a big percentage of walmart online only deals don't allow you to do in-store pickup so ship to store is your best option.

I mean Fuck your getting the games for $13.33 + tax each; I think you can afford to wait 4 or 5 days to get them.

And if you had to sit and think about it.... der... you most likely have already missed out on one of the best titles

#45 Namerson

Namerson

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2012 - 07:23 PM

Unit 13 just went oos
3DS Friend Code: 1203 - 9542 - 1648 (Remember to PM if you add me!)

How not to review a video game: http://blogs.wsj.com...s-to-cross-ove/

I don't consider QTEs gameplay. This "game" is about as deep as the mini games on a disney DVD.

#46 IFlyRC80

IFlyRC80

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2012 - 07:26 PM

Gravity Rush is gone. Was going to get that, Resistance, and Uncharted then sell Uncharted. I got 2x Uncharted instead. I can sell them and come out ahead plus have Resistance.

#47 boogie4114

boogie4114

Enthusiastic Gamer!!

• CAGiversary!

No Resistance Burning Skies either!!!
I don't know how this game sold out faster than Uncharted. t's beyond belief.

#48 LD_Helix

LD_Helix

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

oh, sorry my bad, I meant ship-to-store. Even if they do in-store pick up, they probably do it at a newer/super center walmart, mind is like 20 yrs old and still sell xbox/PS2 games for $40 bucks!

#49 kart007k

kart007k

Posted 15 September 2012 - 07:28 PM

Only crappy games are left. Wanted the following

Gravity Rush
Uncharted
Unit 13
"You're born, you take shit. You get out in the world, you take more shit. You climb a little higher, you take less shit. Till one day you're up in the rarefied atmosphere and you've forgotten what shit even looks like. " - Layer Cake

#50 BryanDGAF

BryanDGAF

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2012 - 07:28 PM

why cant i check out with the games in the cart. does this mean a game is oos?

#51 token2k6

token2k6

Posted 15 September 2012 - 07:30 PM

Man, this sounds like a death rattle..and its crazy that you have to wait for Site-To-Store. Guess their employees aren't fast enough too pull it out of the glass case and process it. Probably have to be sent bundled from a DC or something.

But, I picked up Hot Shots, MLB, and Wipeout. All I've been buying is Vita games in hopes it will count to keep the little guy going. I still find myself playing a level of something every night before I go to bed, I love it! Looking forward to playing these three!!
Posted Image

My DVD/BD collection that out rivals my game collection: via DVD Profiler / My CAG tradelist.

#52 NewYorkHitta

NewYorkHitta

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2012 - 07:30 PM

Any chance of getting this price matched?

#53 IFlyRC80

IFlyRC80

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2012 - 07:32 PM

Went to checkout and won't let me proceed, it means Resistance is OOS because I tried to add the games to cart again and it was gone.

#54 htz

htz

Posted 15 September 2012 - 07:34 PM

Any chance of getting this price matched?

You can't price match something that are online only, sold out, and considered a bundle.

#55 doodofdoods

doodofdoods

Prinny Powered

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2012 - 07:34 PM

ahhh, damn. uncharted+gravity rush+filler would've been a great grab. Oh well.
Posted Image

#56 Kaiser499

Kaiser499

RPG Godfather

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2012 - 07:35 PM

Fuck, I wanted Gravity Rush & Uncharted and another random game.

Hir7Lx6.gif

Check Out My Gaming Stream

Kaiser499.png

#57 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

Snipers and dirty tricks

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2012 - 07:37 PM

Fuck, I wanted Gravity Rush & Uncharted and another random game.

Awesome sig. :lol:

card.png Ryuukishi634.jpg f7b9bd594fe9ca11e2a28b479ca21d4c_96ab1df

#58 KneeKnee

KneeKnee

Trophy Whore

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2012 - 07:37 PM

Was going to jump on Resistance and Gravity rush but theyre both gone already. Booooooo!

KneeKnee.png

#59 doodofdoods

doodofdoods

Prinny Powered

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2012 - 07:40 PM

Awesome sig. :lol:

I thought it was using kinect when I first saw it, lol. Didn't know Conan started doing video game reviews, pretty humorous.
Posted Image

#60 ChunLiBarbie

ChunLiBarbie

Bloogablogglefliddlemliddle

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2012 - 07:53 PM

I could not get my self to bite on that Gravity Rush game. Sony/Vita needs to hurry and add more newer/classic games.

I thought it was using kinect when I first saw it, lol. Didn't know Conan started doing video game reviews, pretty humorous.

LMAO!

Spoiler

"If you learn how to center yourself, no one can knock you off balance." - Tony Robbins

Because miserable people want others to feel miserable.

Currently Playing: Block_Super_Mario_World.pngSUPER MARIO 3D WORLD!!!!!!!!!!! OMFGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock: :dunce:  :whee:  Block_Super_Mario_World.png