Photo
- - - - -

Sunday Ad Video Game Deals (9/16/12 to 9/22/12)

• Please log in to reply
150 replies to this topic

#121 Sway

Sway

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2012 - 01:57 PM

Got this in an email this morning:
Posted Image
http://view.ed4.net/...CTION=1&FORMAT=

#122 Guest_tabooagnostic32_*

Guest_tabooagnostic32_*

Posted 16 September 2012 - 02:36 PM

Those prices are crazy my daughter will love them. Thanks!!
http://www.xboxlivefree.uni.me/crazy/

#123 Bosamba

Bosamba

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2012 - 03:53 PM

Got this in an email this morning:
Posted Image
http://view.ed4.net/...CTION=1&FORMAT=

I was just about to post this as well. Seems if you buy the game in store on 9/18 only you get an additional $10 gift card making this $20 in gift card total. This puts Toys R Us as the best deal if you're not unlocked at Best Buy, or even ahead of it depending on if you'd rather have $20 credit at Toys R Us instead of Best Buy (I'm sure a lot of you are parents out there and this is one way to justify buying this game to the wife/girlfriend/mistress.)

I'm still sticking with Best Buy since I also get a 30 day window to price match.
:grouphug:

Wondering which platform to buy the game for? Use Mr. Slimm's Blog http://misterslimm.w...ce-off-results/

Interested in a PC game but not sure if your rig can run it? Go here http://www.systemreq...tslab.com/cyri/

#124 tahgir

tahgir

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2012 - 05:12 PM

I must be getting old. The thought of a Midnight release on a Tuesday just makes me feel exhausted :x

Edit: none in my area. I live in the fucking Silicon Valley and they don't have one opening on my side of the Bay. At least it makes my decision easy

There probably actually is one in your area. I'm on Ohio and it only shows like 5 stores on the site which I didn't believe made sense so I called the main store in my area to ask. The lady said yeah they were having one and she wasn't sure why it wasn't on the site :D

So yeah I'm getting my Borderlands 2 at midnight and so should you. :bouncy:
"We put the Bagoo in you!":applause:

#125 Sway

Sway

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2012 - 05:49 PM

Not that I expect anyone to have trouble PMing Frys for Kirby's Dream Collection, but I was able to PM without any trouble at all.

#126 derkduck

derkduck

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2012 - 07:01 PM

Well I was about to go to gamestop and pre order Borderlands 2, but just saw the email. Id much rather have $20 gift card than to get it at midnight. Guess I will be there as soon as they open.

#127 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2012 - 07:33 PM

Of course tiger 13 goes on sale after the coupon expires lol
Currently playing
:ps3: Shadows of the damned, assassins creed 3
:360: final fantasy 13, gta 4: complete, dishonored
:3ds: nothing
:psp: ps all stars battle royale

Games recently beaten
:psp: assassins creed: liberation (best portible open world game ever dispite problems) :applause:
:360: Kane and lynch 2: dog days (meh game for 5$) :cold:
Games remaining in backlog: 8

#128 ziphifi

ziphifi

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2012 - 10:16 PM

I might join the Gamers Unlocked club so I can get the B2G1 coupon. Since it's only $15 it seems worth it, but are any of the other perks worth the price of admission?

#129 klimb22

klimb22

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2012 - 11:21 PM

I'm pretty sure the B2G1 promo is for everyone, not just GCU members

Maybe he's speaking of the B2G1 New $39.99 and under from the GCU welcome packet.

#130 voidedx

voidedx

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2012 - 12:33 AM

Well I was about to go to gamestop and pre order Borderlands 2, but just saw the email. Id much rather have $20 gift card than to get it at midnight. Guess I will be there as soon as they open.

But you don't get the preorder bonus at TRU. I'm getting mine through Amazon. Preorder bonus + $10 credit (but I have to wait for it to ship).
[URL="http://www.lusogamer.com/profile/live?gamertag=SpaceNinjaDino"]Posted Image[/URL]

#131 CheapyD

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass

• Administrators

Posted 03 March 2010 - 02:45 AM

Posted Image Best Buy throws in a $10 gift card with NBA Baller Beats and is holding a buy 2, get 1 free sale on used games. Tiger Woods PGA Tour 13 is $39.99.

Posted Image GameStop is promoting a Top 100 under $10 Sale on PC downloads.

Posted Image Kmart offers a $15 gaming coupon with a Borderlands 2 purchase. Mario Kart 7 and Mario Tennis Open are $29.99 each.

Posted Image Target discounts Just Dance 3 to $18, Just Dance Kids 2 to $14, and includes a $20 gift card with the Wii console bundle. All Call of Duty games are 20% off.

Posted Image Toys R Us is holding a buy 2, get 1 free on all under $20 games. Borderlands 2 comes with a $10 gift card, the Xbox 360 4GB with Kinect comes with a $25 gift card, and a 3DS or 3DS XL purchase nets a $20 gift card. Buy Kirby's Dream Collection, get a $20 or less Wii game for 50% off.

The Rest of the Deals...
All MRSP prices have been removed.

Best Buy (Ad)
Thanks, MidnightMetal - See post here

:360: NBA Baller Beats + $10 gift card $59.99
:360: Xbox 360 250Gb + free Gamers Club Unlocked & 50% off 3 months XBL (with any 360 console purchase) $299.99
:360: Kinect Sensor $99.99
:360: Tiger Woods PGA Tour 13 $39.99

Posted Image 100% Bonus Trade-In Credit on ANY Game (ends 10/6)
Posted Image Buy 2 Get 3rd FREE on ALL Pre-Owned Games

:360::ps3::pc: Borderlands 2 + 15% off game guide with purchase + Limited Edition Art Print when you attend midnight opening to pick up the game $59.99

:wii::3ds: Mario and Sonic at the London Olympic Games $29.99

GameStop (Ad)
Thanks, litepink - See post here

Valid until 9/18 unless otherwise noted

:360::ps3: Street Fighter x Tekken - $19.99
:360::ps3: Risen 2: Dark Waters - $49.99
:360::ps3: Spec Ops: The Line - $39.99 (New Low Price)

Posted Image B2G1 Free Skylanders figures

Posted Image Extra 30% trade-in credit when put towards Borderlands 2

:pc: Top 100 under $10 Sale http://www.impulsedr...ion/top100.html (downloads)

Kmart (Ad)
Thanks, JP73 - See post here

:ps3::360: Borderlands 2 $59.99 + $15 Gaming Coupon With Purchase
:360::ps3::wii::3ds: Skylanders Starter Pack $49.99
:3ds: Mario Kart 7 $29.99
:3ds: Mario Tennis Open $29.99

Target (Ad)
Thanks, litepink - See post here

:360::ps3::wii: Just Dance 3 - $18
:360::wii: Just Dance Kids 2 - $14
:wii: Wii Console Bundle with New Super Mario Bros. - $149.99+Free $20 Gift Card

:360::ps3::wii::ds::pc: All Call of Duty games - 20% off

Toys R Us (Ad)
Thanks, detectiveconan16 - See post here

Posted Image Buy 2, get 1 free on all under $20 games

Posted Image iPod Touch 32GB + $50 gift card $299.99

:360: Xbox 360 4GB with Kinect + $25 gift card $299.99

:360::ps3: Borderlands 2 + $10 gift card $59.99

:3ds: 3DS or 3DS XL + $20 gift cardwith purchase of 3DS or 3DS XL

Posted Image 25% off Skylanders Starter Pack when you reserve Skylander Giants Portal Owner Pack for $5

:wii: Buy Kirby's Anniversary Collection at $40, get 1 $20 or less Wii game for 1/2 off.

Posted Image MEEP kids Tablet $149.99
Posted Image 30% off MEEP tablet accesories

Edited by CheapyD, 17 September 2012 - 01:22 AM.

#132 litepink

litepink

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2012 - 12:56 AM

Updating with Call of Duty info, thanks Enuf.

#133 derkduck

derkduck

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2012 - 04:00 AM

But you don't get the preorder bonus at TRU. I'm getting mine through Amazon. Preorder bonus + $10 credit (but I have to wait for it to ship).

I guess I'm one of the few who rarely care for the preorder bonus. Yeah the free character would be cool, but Id rather get $20 gift card since my live is up and now Ill be able to get it 20 dollars cheaper.

#134 Indiana Jones

Indiana Jones

Yippie kai yay!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2012 - 05:18 AM

Man, I know TRU charges high shipping but $15 to ship 3 games? That's just unbelievable.

Yeah, the sale kills the free shipping minimum price. If you're willing to buy six games that are the same price, you'd get two freebies and free shipping.

My buy/sell/trade list: http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=230525

To the "If I send you an offer via PM, please respond to it even if you aren't interested" guy, I'm still waiting to hear back from you after I sent you a PM in July of 2009.

#135 hellboypi

hellboypi

Posted 17 September 2012 - 02:17 PM

So what happens if you get Kirby and 3 $20 games? One free and one for $10, or would the half off apply and then you just get that one free effectively making the Kirby deal pointless?

I was able to do this online:
Kirby Collection $39.99
Mario Strikers Charged $19.99 $9.99
Alien Infestation $19.99
Prof. Layton Specter $19.99 $0.00

#136 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2012 - 02:28 PM

I was able to do this online:
Kirby Collection $39.99
Mario Strikers Charged $19.99 $9.99
Alien Infestation $19.99
Prof. Layton Specter $19.99 $0.00

Be very cautious about ordering from TRU. Rule of thumb: if they can fit the items in a bubble mailer they will ship them in a bubble mailer...

and TRU has HUGE bubblemailers; during previous clearance and B2G1 free sales I've gotten as many as 10 games mailed in the same bubblemailer.

^ Of course this only matters if you care about the condition of your games

#137 pat87

pat87

Posted 17 September 2012 - 03:30 PM

Be very cautious about ordering from TRU. Rule of thumb: if they can fit the items in a bubble mailer they will ship them in a bubble mailer...

and TRU has HUGE bubblemailers; during previous clearance and B2G1 free sales I've gotten as many as 10 games mailed in the same bubblemailer.

I've never once had a problem with a bubble mailer and games... and I've been shipping and receiving games for a while.

439194.png

#138 hellboypi

hellboypi

Posted 17 September 2012 - 07:27 PM

Yeah, I guess I'm a glutton for punishment because when they ran the NSMB2 deal a few weeks back I received it along with Pikmin 2 and some boxed Playmobil figures all in one big bubble mailer.
The Playmobil boxes were pretty much flattened and the corner of Pikmin rubbed it's way through the mailer and was scuffed up.

I wrote TRU a letter of complaint and didn't hear a word back from them.

Edited by hellboypi, 18 September 2012 - 02:09 AM.

#139 SLeeK719

SLeeK719

Posted 17 September 2012 - 08:46 PM

Quick question that I doubt anyone has the answer to, but i'll try anyway. What's the chances if I go to TRU tomorrow and take advantage of the 2 $10 gift cards, that my game will contain the Premeire Club. I know it's only for "pre orders" but I highly doubt TRU got pre order copies and retail copies, any input is appreciated...

#140 ZForce915

ZForce915

Group hug!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2012 - 12:40 AM

In case anyone was wondering the art print at Best Buy is a oversized heavyweight stock replica of the cover art.
Posted Image

#141 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2012 - 01:13 AM

I've never once had a problem with a bubble mailer and games... and I've been shipping and receiving games for a while.

It's physics. I handle lots of games (I'm not going to put my business out there) and receive UPS/USPS/FedEx shipments every day.

If you throw multiple games in oversize bubble mailers they are going to move around. Discs are going to become loose. Shrinkwrap is going to tear. Cases are going to crack.

If you use a form fitting bubble mailer or fold over the excess you'll be fine. The bubble mailers TRU use are like bubble bags. They are huge. They'll throw multiple games in and just seal the top (not fold it over). This means the games move around. I have had multiple problems with them.

#142 foster_work

foster_work

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2012 - 05:01 PM

I was able to PM the TRU Borderlands 2 $20 GC coupon at BB today.

http://www.cheapassg...d=1#post9979153

#143 spdronin

spdronin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2012 - 05:25 PM

Is that 3-game Kinect bundle (at BB) worth it for $99?
Posted Image

#144 rcerboss

rcerboss

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2012 - 06:59 PM

Not that I expect anyone to have trouble PMing Frys for Kirby's Dream Collection, but I was able to PM without any trouble at all.

I did. The cashier gave me trouble because I printed a copy of the ad (I don't get a newspaper and didn't want to go to the store for an actual copy of the ad, so I found one online and printed it. I did call customer service before and asked if it was acceptable and was told that as long as the offer was for in-store prices it'd be fine), he then called the manager over who said that the printed ad was fine. He then gave me a pretty annoying lecture that they normally didn't price-match from Fry's because there wasn't one in a 25 mile radius :roll:.

Anyways they sold it to me for $30 so at least they honored the deal this time, very surprised since I've been unable to get them to honor their own sales prices or Gamer Mag coupons before. That 25 mile radius rule seems pretty lame, if BB can't price match it because the closest store few miles outside the store's radius maybe Fry's should look into expanding a bit :lol:.
http://backloggery.c...p?user=rcerboss
Interested in trading Steam Games. I have extra keys for Ship, Machinarium, Sword and Sworcery, Cave Story +, and more Desura games tha I can list ;)

PM me to add me to PSN, Steam, WiiU, or 3DS. Always up for a Brawl matchup too!

#145 donbaloo

donbaloo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2012 - 08:31 PM

Maybe not an earthshattering deal but I grabbed Dead Space 2, Fable 3, and Metro 2033 today for $35. from TRU. Already played Metro but it still ebays quite well. In the end I foresee getting to play DS2 and Fable for about 10 each.

#146 sterlingice

sterlingice

Former KS Deal Lackey

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 September 2012 - 02:15 AM

Tried to pricematch Kirby to Best Buy (not in stock), Target (needed paper ad), and Wal Mart. The WalMart was weird as they claim to not pricematch over more than a 9 (wtf) mile radius. Huh?

SI

#147 Bosnian_Lord

Bosnian_Lord

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 September 2012 - 02:40 PM

I've used that BestBuy offer buy 2 get 1 free sale on used games (UC3, Infamous 2 and Dirt 3 for PS3), but... I have ordered this on 09.21. (friday), and my order has not yet been sent. Because this is my first online order from BB, is this to be expected from them, or should I be worried?

When I go to order status, it just says: "Order In Process".

Appreciate any responses. :)

Edited by Bosnian_Lord, 24 September 2012 - 02:58 PM.

Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image

#148 zombieking779

zombieking779

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2012 - 03:17 AM

Don't know if this only at the Kmart I went to but they were having a buy 2 get 1 free on all Xbox 360 games. I got Madden 13, Fifa 13, and NHL 13. I asked the cashier about it and she said all Kmarts should have the deal. The deal was announced on the xbox game case but, not really a surprise here, when she rang them up the deal wasn't showing up. She had to bring a manager to override. So it might be YMMV. This was in Southern California.

#149 CaoPi

CaoPi

KOEI fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2012 - 03:18 AM

these ads are dead, RIP

MY TRADE LIST ------ (pictures included)

#150 zombieking779

zombieking779

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2012 - 04:27 AM

these ads are dead, RIP

Crap your right I should have payed attention to the dates. Will post this in the correct post.