Photo
- - - - -

Amazon PCDD $12.49 Walking Dead ($7.49 after coupon)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
18397 replies to this topic

#3211 KidInTheHall

KidInTheHall

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 October 2012 - 10:02 PM

*throws empty beer bottle at Sway*

#3212 MysterD

MysterD

CAG's Favorite DRM-Cashew & Cylon-Toaster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 October 2012 - 10:10 PM

Yeah I'm down I missed this too. Darkness II for $5 :cry: anyways, when are these showed scheduled?

I think it's gonna be at 2PM PST (or 5PM EST) every Friday - just like it was this past Friday.

@TONY
TONY, where are you?
Confirm or deny? :P

#3213 MysterD

MysterD

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 October 2012 - 10:12 PM

I had a dream there was a $5 XCOM deal...., and I missed it...... :bouncy::bouncy::bouncy:

That probably was for the 90's XCOM Pack, not the NEW XCOM: EU 2012 (by Firaxis). :P

#3214 Eldredpe

Eldredpe

Disconcerted

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 October 2012 - 10:40 PM

I don't think Tony is a big fan of people getting banned.

Regardless, it wasn't cool hawking a competitor's product when we already knew Amazon will be selling at the same price. Just start a new thread or something -- most of us knew about the deal already.

I was joking about the ban, hence the winky face.

And I don't see anything wrong with alerting people in this thread to other options. People pop into thread on this forum all the time telling people where they can get the same product for cheaper or the same price. This thread shouldn't be immune to that. We all think Tony does a bang-up job with the work he does, but that doesn't mean he has some sort of a immunity to the free market on this forum.

#3215 Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon Official Rep

• Retailer Representative

Posted 27 October 2012 - 11:21 PM

And I don't see anything wrong with alerting people in this thread to other options. People pop into thread on this forum all the time telling people where they can get the same product for cheaper or the same price. This thread shouldn't be immune to that. We all think Tony does a bang-up job with the work he does, but that doesn't mean he has some sort of a immunity to the free market on this forum.

For sure dude, I don't own this thread :) I just try to foster the discussion.

Cheers,
Tony
Cheers,
Tony - "T-Money"
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter:
www.twitter.com/amazongames
http://www.facebook....?ref=ts&fref=ts

#3216 G_freemanX

G_freemanX

HAF LAFE 3 pls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 October 2012 - 11:29 PM

So, what are the new deals for tomorrow?

#3217 UW_Shocks

UW_Shocks

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 October 2012 - 11:32 PM

So, what are the new deals for tomorrow?

One of the deals is Dark Souls for $20; not sure if there are others.

A very cool Skyrim Mod:

Falskaar

http://skyrim.nexusm...com/mods/37994/

#3218 gomikeoh

gomikeoh

I like turtles.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 October 2012 - 11:43 PM

im staying up for darksouls...

that was my goty last year, cant wait to get in to this on the pc.

#3219 nategator

nategator

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2012 - 12:01 AM

I think you were missing my point, bringing up the "free market on this forum" when I was talking about a thread started by a well-liked representative of Amazon.

I'm sure all the times I posted GMG deals on slickdeals I was trying to somehow suppress the free market.

But whatever, Tony says he doesn't mind so I'll leave it alone.

P.S. Fuckin' Bulldogs...

#3220 MysterD

MysterD

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2012 - 12:35 AM

Plus, we often like when Tony and Amazon price-match other stuff, if possible. ;)
Or sometimes, he'll tell us even better news - "We're got a better deal than that store...and it's coming up very soon!"

Depending on the circumstances - i.e. any of these thing where it depends on what version Tony has maybe has more content; the DRM on Tony's version; Tony's might have more options for different DRM versions (Steam and Non-Steam); might try to rack up more Amazon points; Tony's got a better deal coming soon; CS can help w/ supplying new keys if you run out of installs (on those install-limiting DRM); I'd rather deal w/ the Amazon DVG for doing downloads and game-installer back-ups over another store (like especially over GameStop PC App & GameFly - especially on Non-Steam Versions of games); etc etc. It could be a number of things for me as to why I'd rather deal w/ Amazon DVG over another digital store.

Plus, in many instances - I'd just rather put my $ in Tony and Amazon's pocket. Amazon's been great, over the years - from Retail products (more than just PC games) to Digital stuff (PC Download Games, MP3 Music, etc). And their CS is excellent.

Example -> I could've bought NFS: The Run a few weeks ago from Gamersgate for $5, but I didn't. I didn't really need that game ASAP. Tony said he'd be putting that one on sale soon in a promo, so I waited for his $5 deal on that game....which was earlier this week.

Edited by MysterD, 28 October 2012 - 12:55 AM.

#3221 supersizerice

supersizerice

Rick my barrs

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2012 - 12:59 AM

What time will the Dark Souls deal start?

#3222 nategator

nategator

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2012 - 01:18 AM

Plus, we often like when Tony and Amazon price-match other stuff, if possible. ;)
Or sometimes, he'll tell us even better news - "We're got a better deal than that store...and it's coming up very soon!"

Depending on the circumstances - i.e. any of these thing where it depends on what version Tony has maybe has more content; the DRM on Tony's version; Tony's might have more options for different DRM versions (Steam and Non-Steam); might try to rack up more Amazon points; Tony's got a better deal coming soon; CS can help w/ supplying new keys if you run out of installs (on those install-limiting DRM); I'd rather deal w/ the Amazon DVG for doing downloads and game-installer back-ups over another store (like especially over GameStop PC App & GameFly - especially on Non-Steam Versions of games); etc etc. It could be a number of things for me as to why I'd rather deal w/ Amazon DVG over another digital store.

Plus, in many instances - I'd just rather put my $ in Tony and Amazon's pocket. Amazon's been great, over the years - from Retail products (more than just PC games) to Digital stuff (PC Download Games, MP3 Music, etc). And their CS is excellent.

Example -> I could've bought NFS: The Run a few weeks ago from Gamersgate for $5, but I didn't. I didn't really need that game ASAP. Tony said he'd be putting that one on sale soon in a promo, so I waited for his $5 deal on that game....which was earlier this week.

Sigh...should I respond to this? Tony's already said he's fine with people posting deals of his competitors on this thread regardless of whether he already announced the same sale price starting a few days later so post away.

No need to discuss this topic further. Feel free to PM me if it's really important to you.

#3223 MysterD

MysterD

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2012 - 01:46 AM

Sigh...should I respond to this? Tony's already said he's fine with people posting deals of his competitors on this thread regardless of whether he already announced the same sale price starting a few days later so post away.

No need to discuss this topic further. Feel free to PM me if it's really important to you.

I *know* he's fine w/ it. I just gave some reasoning here to why I do the things I do - ask for Price-matches; why I prefer Amazon on certain things over other digital stores; etc etc. Is it really that big of a deal that I explain myself?
I certainly think not. [shrug]

#3224 MysterD

MysterD

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2012 - 01:48 AM

What time will the Dark Souls deal start?

@TONY
Where are you?
I'd like to know this, too...!

Though, given Amazon DVG's history on Sunday price-flips, I'd guess it'll probably be after 12AM PST - which would be probably after 3AM EST where I live.
If it is, I'll likely be dreaming...or having nightmares about dying A LOT in Dark Souls or something along those lines...hehe.

#3225 nategator

nategator

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2012 - 03:19 AM

Posted Image
Wooooooo can't wait for that Dark Souls deal. o;

I have a feeling that one is going to be popular.

#3226 Jackovasaurus

Jackovasaurus

And ya say Chi-City

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2012 - 03:23 AM

I gotta start following this thread closely. Totally missed out on Darkness 2, and I don't wanna miss out on any more deals.

Also, could someone tell me to quit being a chicken shit and play Dark Souls?!

#3227 sunasun

sunasun

Count Burgula approves and endorses this member title

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2012 - 03:36 AM

I gotta start following this thread closely. Totally missed out on Darkness 2, and I don't wanna miss out on any more deals.

so you missed the Skyrim + DLC Bundle Tony offered for $9.99?
spoderman And tebow like this

Bacon-Cheeseburger-160x160.jpegmidnightoriginal__94722.1354255776.178.1  mysterd likes this

#3228 Jackovasaurus

Jackovasaurus

And ya say Chi-City

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2012 - 04:08 AM

WhAaaaaaaaaat????!!!

#3229 MysterD

MysterD

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2012 - 04:17 AM

Man, if only Amazon DVG actually signed Zenimax (parent company of Bethesda and Id Software)...

#3230 Camwi

Camwi

Can I be a sasquatch too?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2012 - 04:24 AM

Quit being a chicken shit and play Dark Souls.

Seriously, the game is amazing. It's up there with Demon's Souls as my favorite games of this generation.

#3231 Eldredpe

Eldredpe

Disconcerted

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2012 - 04:30 AM

Man, if only Amazon DVG actually signed Zenimax (parent company of Bethesda and Id Software)...

We can get us some hot deals on Rogue Warrior!

#3232 MysterD

MysterD

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2012 - 04:36 AM

We can get us some hot deals on Rogue Warrior!

We need it for the Rogue Warrior Credits song w/ Mickey Rourke!

#3233 TheHeretic

TheHeretic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2012 - 04:38 AM

Is there anything else coming in the new deal of the week aside from Dark Souls?

#3234 Eldredpe

Eldredpe

Disconcerted

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2012 - 04:54 AM

We need it for the Rogue Warrior Credits song w/ Mickey Rourke!

Seriously, though, once Tony gets Zenimax, we're all going to end up with Rogue Warrior in a bundle.

I for one plan to savor every second of it.

#3235 MysterD

MysterD

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2012 - 05:04 AM

Seriously, though, once Tony gets Zenimax, we're all going to end up with Rogue Warrior in a bundle.

I for one plan to savor every second of it.

LOL.
Brink might be in that bundle, too.

#3236 DropZite

DropZite

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2012 - 05:13 AM

Is there anything else coming in the new deal of the week aside from Dark Souls?

The Walking Dead for $15 is coming too, but I'm not sure how reliable that is.

#3237 GoJays2025

GoJays2025

I like cake.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2012 - 05:27 AM

Seems like LA Noire Complete (Steam) is $11.99.

Good game, especially since there aren't too many detective games out there.
Get $2 after you spend $2 on Green Man Gaming by registering with my link. Thanks! :D

#3238 gomikeoh

gomikeoh

I like turtles.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2012 - 05:34 AM

I paid full price for la noire cause of the hype....

Worst game this gen.
Not even lying.
Wouldnt even buy at 5 bucks.
Boring, and no challenge. Every answer is right. There are no wrong answers.

#3239 Eldredpe

Eldredpe

Disconcerted

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2012 - 05:39 AM

I paid full price for la noire cause of the hype....

Worst game this gen.
Not even lying.
Wouldnt even buy at 5 bucks.
Boring, and no challenge. Every answer is right. There are no wrong answers.

I think that's being harsh.

You just have to know going in that it's basically a gussied up point-and-click with some neat mo-cap tech advances thrown on top.

I enjoyed it, but I knew what I was getting into.

#3240 MysterD

MysterD

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2012 - 05:41 AM

I really liked LA Noire: Complete A LOT, actually....
[shrug]