Photo
- - - - -

Amazon PCDD $12.49 Walking Dead ($7.49 after coupon)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
18397 replies to this topic

#4201 jrodri86

jrodri86

Meh, i'll wait to get it for a cheaper price.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2012 - 06:28 AM

Why are you guys missing deals cause of work?... It has been stated several times on this thread, if there's a deal coming you don't go to work, video games sales are clearly more important :bouncy:

Tretton.png

#4202 Wario64

Wario64

Will tweet for @videogamedeals

• Forum Moderator

Posted 09 November 2012 - 06:33 AM

It's not difficult to get into this deal anyway. Just check sometime after 2 PM PDT. Take 1 minute to order. Bam, done.

#4203 pantsattack

pantsattack

Grant Thrift Auto

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2012 - 06:38 AM

I'm betting Prototype bundle is like $5 tomorrow

That seems too optimistic to me, but I'd bite.

#4204 voldak

voldak

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2012 - 06:45 AM

What URL do I need to be checking frantically while at work tomorrow for the prototype deal?

#4205 Naked Snake Eyes

Naked Snake Eyes

What would Snake do?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2012 - 07:14 AM

Someone in the Steam trade thread suggested the bundle will be $8.99 based on Tony's comments. Seems like a reasonable conclusion.

#4206 darcmin

darcmin

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2012 - 07:23 AM

i'm hoping we can also buy the games individually for people who already own either one. if the bundle is say $8.99 then $5 per individual game seems reasonable.

#4207 MC Kage

MC Kage

Posted 09 November 2012 - 08:24 AM

What URL do I need to be checking frantically while at work tomorrow for the prototype deal?

http://www.cheapassg...95#post10133295

I think...

76561198003417354.png

Steam: kagegao | XBL: MC Kage | The BackLoggery

WTB: - Xbox 360 S/E (with 250GB HDD or more) for Cheap

-GoW3, Halo 4, Halo Wars, GTA V, BF4

#4208 lidl

lidl

Posted 09 November 2012 - 08:32 AM

There's a lot of begging in this thread.

Maybe if there wasn't as much begging there wouldn't so many "Tony did you say this?" posts from people who don't use the search function.

:D truer words were never spoken
looking forward to THQ/Prototype/LOTR deal. Hope I won't miss them.
:hd: :360: :psp: :gba: :wii: :dvd: :ps2: :xbox: :gc: :ds: :pc: :ps3:

#4209 Naked Snake Eyes

Naked Snake Eyes

What would Snake do?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2012 - 09:02 AM

I just did some research on Prototype 2, seems to be a horrible port that either doesn't work, has horrible performance on good PCs, or just plain works for some people. Sounds way too risky for me, going to pass. This'd be a good deal if you can get it to work smoothly though.

Edited by Solid-Snake-Eyes, 09 November 2012 - 09:25 AM.

#4210 renhoelder

renhoelder

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2012 - 09:34 AM

For those at work during the deal...you know, you could just use your phone to buy the game? Assuming most of you have smartphones or phones capable of displaying the amazon site correctly and requesting the desktop site, not the mobile version of it. Just a thought.

#4211 r9800pro

r9800pro

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2012 - 01:02 PM

I've just read that GTA Vice City was removed from Steam. Went to Amazon and it is gone too !

http://www.amazon.co...words=vice city

Checked GTA Complete Pack that I bought from Steam store during summer sale in my inventory and they removed VC from there too :-#

Can they really do that ?! This is utterly "Grand Theft" !

Few weeks ago I bought a game for a guy to trade for his Painkiller H&D Collector's Edition. It has "Collector's Edition" written all over it. Added it to library and it also showed as CE. Some people were talking about a mix-up with Steam where 4-pack gifts were mistakenly labelled so I contacted support and was assured the game I activated is CE and NOT from 4-packs, then few days later the name changed into "Standard" !

Contacted support again and they said there is nothing they can do, so I asked for a refund for the game I bought for the trade and that they remove the Standard Edition from my library. The removed it and refunded me but.... in the same day a guy contacted me saying that I refunded a game in his library (he was the last one in the trading chain) and asked why I did that. I was extremely embarrased but I showed him the forum thread I made there and screenshots from my ticket with support and advised him to contact them.

So basically Steam took back 2 games and refunded one !

And now they screw games in inventories too ?! this is outrageous

I am positive that Steam breaks too many lows to count and yet they are getting away with it

Can you shed some light on GTA Vice City issue Tony ? please

fs_pc.png

#4212 The End

The End

It's a Prairie Dog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2012 - 01:22 PM

You're on my friends list (from a trade we did over the summer) so I decided to take a peek at your inventory to see if by some chance, you might have been mistaken. But I'll be dammed, you were right. Vice City is no longer listed as one of the games featured in the GTA Complete pack. That is really strange. I still have Vice City in my Library, so they haven't gone and removed it from there as well. It's just been removed from the copy in your inventory.

Can I ask, what country do you live in? Your steam avatar suggests Egypt, but you could also be an Egyptian living in Germany (or some other place where games get banned or censored).

EDIT: On second thought, it really doesn't matter if you live in Germany or wherever. If you bought a game pack while the game was still included, they have no right to remove it.

SECOND EDIT: Might it be possible that the game is still included in the pack, but it's no longer listed in the description because there is no store page to link to? Take a look at the saints row the third franchise pack. They no longer list all the content in that pack, but that doesn't mean that it isn't there. If you activate it, you should get all the DLC that had been included when the SR Pack was sold.

Edited by The End, 09 November 2012 - 01:47 PM.

#4213 Genocidal

Genocidal

Summer of Punk

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2012 - 01:45 PM

Could you not post full size hscroll breaking images every page please? Not all of us stretch our browsers across multiple monitors because it defeats the purpose of having that extra screen space.

Also, if anyone is still looking for a Prototype bundle, PM me and I'll gladly pick up a couple extras this evening.
x8uorcw.jpggenocidal.png
[img=http://steamsigs.com/steam.php?id=genocidal&pngimg=http://i.imgur.com/fLZMY.png&tborder=0.png

If I would go back in time, the one person in history I'd like to make tap out would have to be... Jesus

#4214 r9800pro

r9800pro

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2012 - 02:26 PM

You're on my friends list (from a trade we did over the summer) so I decided to take a peek at your inventory to see if by some chance, you might have been mistaken. But I'll be dammed, you were right. Vice City is no longer listed as one of the games featured in the GTA Complete pack. That is really strange. I still have Vice City in my Library, so they haven't gone and removed it from there as well. It's just been removed from the copy in your inventory.

Can I ask, what country do you live in? Your steam avatar suggests Egypt, but you could also be an Egyptian living in Germany (or some other place where games get banned or censored).

EDIT: On second thought, it really doesn't matter if you live in Germany or wherever. If you bought a game pack while the game was still included, they have no right to remove it.

SECOND EDIT: Might it be possible that the game is still included in the pack, but it's no longer listed in the description because there is no store page to link to? Take a look at the saints row the third franchise pack. They no longer list all the content in that pack, but that doesn't mean that it isn't there. If you activate it, you should get all the DLC that had been included when the SR Pack was sold.

I live between Egypt and the US but Vice City was always available for me and the pack was purchased from my store. It is gone in all inventories, not just mine

The second edit seems legit and that is what I read on Steam forums. I actually have another Complete Pack on Gamersgate (Non-Steam) and it is still there with download link and unused serial. I will activate the pack on Steam and see, if I didn't get Vice City I will contact support

Could you not post full size hscroll breaking images every page please? Not all of us stretch our browsers across multiple monitors because it defeats the purpose of having that extra screen space.

I am really sorry about that. I thought there is an auto-resize/downsize because this is how it is displayed for me :

Posted Image

fs_pc.png

#4215 Qwinn3

Qwinn3

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2012 - 02:55 PM

I'll probably get flamed but here goes...

What is this 2 hour deal for P1 and P2? What show is promoting this deal?

Thanks for the help. Went back about 3 or 4 pages and didn't find anything.

#4216 LazyTriangle

LazyTriangle

flashbang dance

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2012 - 03:09 PM

Prototype + Prototype 2 will be on sale for a couple of hours during Gamespot black friday show, price is yet unknown but Tony said it would be less than $10

T9rTk6Q.gif

#4217 r9800pro

r9800pro

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2012 - 03:10 PM

http://www.gamespot..../black-fridays/

fs_pc.png

#4218 seamoss

seamoss

CAGadversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2012 - 03:12 PM

I've just read that GTA Vice City was removed from Steam.

I think it may have something to do with a new mobile version & the 10th anniversary of
the release of GTA. Pretty certain it'll come back - I just checked my Steam account and
I seem to have two copies of GTA:VC & GTA:SA...

#4219 The End

The End

It's a Prairie Dog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2012 - 03:12 PM

Nah, we wont flame you for that. we'll flame you for being from New Jersey. :p

As for your questions, the deal will be for Prototype 1 & Prototype 2+DLC. The price hasn't been revealed yet, but it's below $9.99. This will be the deal of the week next week, but for a 2 hour window tonight, we'll be getting a preview of next week's deal with the additional discount. I'm guessing it will be about $8.99.

This deal will be announced during a webcast here tonight. It'll be a home shopping network kind of setup, except it will be for video games. At some point during the broadcast, they will announce the package and the price as well as providing us with a link to the store page on Amazon that we need to go to to buy it.

EDIT: Damn, I'm a slow typer. was already posted several minutes ago by a couple of other CAGs.

#4220 Genocidal

Genocidal

Summer of Punk

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2012 - 03:15 PM

EDIT: Damn, I'm a slow typer. was already posted several minutes ago by a couple of other CAGs.

Tony,

Can we get a digital deal on Mavis Beacon? I know at least a few CAGs would be interested. ;)
x8uorcw.jpggenocidal.png
[img=http://steamsigs.com/steam.php?id=genocidal&pngimg=http://i.imgur.com/fLZMY.png&tborder=0.png

If I would go back in time, the one person in history I'd like to make tap out would have to be... Jesus

#4221 The End

The End

It's a Prairie Dog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2012 - 03:26 PM

Tony,

Can we get a digital deal on Mavis Beacon? I know at least a few CAGs would be interested. ;)

lol

Well it didn't help that I turned it into a mini-novel. LazyTriangle's post was perfectly sufficient and he summed it up in one sentence.

#4222 Qwinn3

Qwinn3

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2012 - 03:33 PM

Nah, we wont flame you for that. we'll flame you for being from New Jersey. :p

As for your questions, the deal will be for Prototype 1 & Prototype 2+DLC. The price hasn't been revealed yet, but it's below $9.99. This will be the deal of the week next week, but for a 2 hour window tonight, we'll be getting a preview of next week's deal with the additional discount. I'm guessing it will be about $8.99.

This deal will be announced during a webcast here tonight. It'll be a home shopping network kind of setup, except it will be for video games. At some point during the broadcast, they will announce the package and the price as well as providing us with a link to the store page on Amazon that we need to go to to buy it.

Thanks to all who responded. I really appreciate it. Also, feel free to flame me for being in New Jersey. I live here but I'm NOT FROM here! Flame away!

#4223 Luckz

Luckz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2012 - 03:51 PM

Any chance of Football Manager 2013 going on sale in the near future ?

I hope it's not getting a better sale than the $26 preorder price any time soon, personally. That's already rather low for a several hundred hours game.

#4224 Zipomatic2

Zipomatic2

Really, Really Cheap

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2012 - 03:54 PM

You guys are worse than kids at Christmas!

"is game-x going to be on sale?"
"ooh, will game-y be cheap?"

And then Tony says, yes they will be on sale! So you all start to speculate with prices...

"This will be $5" or "This will be $10" and then if the game is NOT that price, you are all sad and if it IS that price, you expected it anyway....

And on top of that, when the cheap prices do hit, you are all "man, we already knew about those prices, are there any MORE prices we did not know about?"

Honesty... worse than kids before Christmas....

Oh yeah, and get off my damn lawn you CAGers!!!
Posted Image

If it's not 75% off, or less that $10, I ain't buying it!

#4225 yangwenli

yangwenli

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2012 - 04:11 PM

Tony, could you share what the view numbers are for the gamespot black friday show after todays? Was just curious. I see the views on the webpage as well, but wasn't sure if that included live watchers...

Here are the hints btw:
Deal Hint #1: With a little help from some seeds and a liquid gun you'll have your tricky machinery up and running in no time.

Deal Hint #2: Hey there fortunate son, grab your passport and Nova-6, it's time to head to Russia.

Deal Hint #3: Control or be consumed in a concrete jungle filled with hideous monsters and horrific plagues.

#4226 tfr

tfr

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2012 - 04:17 PM

I think it may have something to do with a new mobile version & the 10th anniversary of
the release of GTA. Pretty certain it'll come back - I just checked my Steam account and
I seem to have two copies of GTA:VC & GTA:SA...

you have two copies because one of them is for mac.

#4227 Genocidal

Genocidal

Summer of Punk

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2012 - 04:26 PM

Tony, could you share what the view numbers are for the gamespot black friday show after todays? Was just curious. I see the views on the webpage as well, but wasn't sure if that included live watchers...

Here are the hints btw:
Deal Hint #1: With a little help from some seeds and a liquid gun you'll have your tricky machinery up and running in no time.

Deal Hint #2: Hey there fortunate son, grab your passport and Nova-6, it's time to head to Russia.

Deal Hint #3: Control or be consumed in a concrete jungle filled with hideous monsters and horrific plagues.

Deal #1: Vessel
Deal #2: CoD: Black Ops
Deal #3: Prototype Bundle

It's possible we could see all three deals have a DVG version available this week!
x8uorcw.jpggenocidal.png

#4228 crimsonassassin

crimsonassassin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2012 - 04:31 PM

I activated a GTA bundle after VC was removed. My inventory has VC.

#4229 crimsonassassin

crimsonassassin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2012 - 04:36 PM

Will both Prototype games activate on Steam?

#4230 Genocidal

Genocidal

Summer of Punk

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2012 - 04:41 PM

Yep. Confirmed last night by Tony a page or two back.
x8uorcw.jpggenocidal.png