Photo
- - - - -

Amazon PCDD $12.49 Walking Dead ($7.49 after coupon)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
18397 replies to this topic

#4531 TheHeretic

TheHeretic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 November 2012 - 07:35 PM

Thanks Tony for getting steam codes for all the stuff in the Prototype pack, and looking forward to black friday sales.

Yeah, thanks Tony for going the extra mile on this you surely know how to do a good promotion.

I'm pretty sure you'll get a big bonus from Amazon soon if not already for doing a job well done!

#4532 UW_Shocks

UW_Shocks

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 November 2012 - 08:05 PM

Hey Tony

Apparently Space Rangers & Space Rangers 2 have been removed from steam. Both games are published by 1C (assuming that they haven't lost the rights to them) and would have been part of the 1C pack. Does their removal from Steam mean that they wont be part of that pack when you finally get it up & running?

NOOO!
SR1 and 2 was one of the games I was hoping would be in the 1C bundle. Hopefully Tony can still get these in the pack [or the HD re-release version :D ]

A very cool Skyrim Mod:

Falskaar

http://skyrim.nexusm...com/mods/37994/

#4533 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 November 2012 - 08:10 PM

I'm glad I have the DRM-free versions of those from Amazon.

Uh... when they remove a game for sale from Steam they don't remove your access to it. Still in my library and I can download them freely.

#4534 spoderman

spoderman

I thought Harvey Dent said that

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 November 2012 - 08:18 PM

I don't have a problem with flash sales, but you know what the conspicous difference between the ones you cited and the Amazon flash sale? Those other flash sales are actually advertised on the website which sells the items. Amazon should have some type of notice on its website about the flash sale at least while it is occuring.

This is true. I'll never watch the GameSpot show (and I don't usually check GameSpot for anything other than reviews and giveaways), the only reason I'm prepared for these type of deals is because I frequently check the Amazon PCDD thread. Amazon should really advertise these deals on their own site, I'd bet most of the people that know about these limited-time deals check forums, and not the actual GameSpot page. For everyone else, by the time they find out about the deal.. it's too late lol.

#4535 UW_Shocks

UW_Shocks

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 November 2012 - 08:35 PM

Except GameSpot wants gamers to watch their live stream for the unveiling.

GameSpot is acting as the marketer, Amazon is providing fulfillment.

A very cool Skyrim Mod:

Falskaar

#4536 MysterD

MysterD

CAG's "Favorite" DRM-Cashew & Cylon-Toaster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 November 2012 - 08:38 PM

Except GameSpot wants gamers to watch their live stream for the unveiling.

GameSpot is acting as the marketer, Amazon is providing fulfillment.

Maybe on Amazon's PC Game Download page, they provide the direct link to GameSpot's website for the show.

#4537 UW_Shocks

UW_Shocks

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 November 2012 - 08:39 PM

That's a good idea.
More attention for GameSpot, which is what they want.

A very cool Skyrim Mod:

Falskaar

#4538 Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon Official Rep

• Retailer Representative

Posted 11 November 2012 - 08:43 PM

I don't have a problem with flash sales, but you know what the conspicous difference between the ones you cited and the Amazon flash sale? Those other flash sales are actually advertised on the website which sells the items. Amazon should have some type of notice on its website about the flash sale at least while it is occuring.

This is true. I'll never watch the GameSpot show (and I don't usually check GameSpot for anything other than reviews and giveaways), the only reason I'm prepared for these type of deals is because I frequently check the Amazon PCDD thread. Amazon should really advertise these deals on their own site, I'd bet most of the people that know about these limited-time deals check forums, and not the actual GameSpot page. For everyone else, by the time they find out about the deal.. it's too late lol.

Good points, and apparently it isn't clear enough, but there is a big slot in the middle of the page when the Gamespot show is going on detailing the fact that the sale is only good for 2 hours. Unfortunately, that's really the only slot to communicate this info...and it is above the fold.

Cheers,
Tony
Cheers,
Tony - "T-Money"
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter:
www.twitter.com/amazongames
http://www.facebook....?ref=ts&fref=ts

#4539 Shrowd

Shrowd

Gaming Dad

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 November 2012 - 09:00 PM

That might not always be the case though. With Steam you don't own the games you purchase. You merely "subscribe" to them, and per the Steam Subscriber Agreement Valve can terminate your subscription/access to a game at any time for any reason.

This is the main reason the Amazon DD rocks. Tony said in earlier post, that we would always have access to games purchased from them (i.e. no Steam or Origon types that require those DRM systems). Love steam, but some of the language in their user agreement is hard to digest.

I have Space Rangers (non steam) nice to know if I want to play it 10 years from now. That I can just open up my Amazon software library and it will always be there.

76561198056146032.png    

Frostpaw.png

#4540 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 November 2012 - 09:00 PM

That might not always be the case though. With Steam you don't own the games you purchase. You merely "subscribe" to them, and per the Steam Subscriber Agreement Valve can terminate your subscription/access to a game at any time for any reason.

It's been the case so far... and, please, we don't need another token anti-Steam poster. Yes, I'm well aware of the pros and cons of the DRM. Although I'm leaning towards you being a troll what with you being registered in the last couple of weeks and having an oh so clever name like 'FU2.' Once again I'm thankful for this forum's ignore feature.

#4541 Severose

Severose

I'm okie dokie and loopy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 November 2012 - 09:02 PM

You're a persistent little bugger, aren't you? ;)

CAG: a place to buy/sell/trade games the right way.

GMG ref link: $2 when you spend $2, instantly!

3687091.png76561197965577424.png

#4542 Genocidal

Genocidal

Summer of Punk

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 November 2012 - 09:04 PM

It's been the case so far... and, please, we don't need another token anti-Steam poster. Yes, I'm well aware of the pros and cons of the DRM. Although I'm leaning towards you being a troll what with you being registered in the last couple of weeks and having an oh so clever name like 'FU2.' Once again I'm thankful for this forum's ignore feature.

Wouldn't surprised me if it's the same guy who's already been banned 3 times for anti-Steam hatred in this thread. He isn't very subtle.
x8uorcw.jpggenocidal.png
[img=http://steamsigs.com/steam.php?id=genocidal&pngimg=http://i.imgur.com/fLZMY.png&tborder=0.png

If I would go back in time, the one person in history I'd like to make tap out would have to be... Jesus

#4543 Eldredpe

Eldredpe

Disconcerted

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 November 2012 - 09:22 PM

What I posted about Steam is a fact not an opinion. Don't blame the messenger because you can't handle the unfortunate truth.

The prophet of truth has risen. Deliver us from our DRM-induced bondage, holy one. I would follow thee into the sun.

#4544 Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon Official Rep

Posted 11 November 2012 - 09:37 PM

• Do you have a multiple personality disorder
  • are you just a self-important asshole who presumptuously likes to speak for other people?
  • you can't handle the unfortunate truth.
  • your worthless reply.

None of this language and tone is warranted, solicited, or permitted in this thread.

If you share different opinions please share them respectfully.

Unless you're talking about how creepy Fox's new signature is, that topic is wide open :).

Cheers,
Tony
Cheers,
Tony - "T-Money"

#4545 KidInTheHall

KidInTheHall

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 November 2012 - 09:40 PM

Ha ha Mr. Hat yelled at you!

#4546 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 November 2012 - 09:45 PM

Did I say leaning towards him being a troll?

*cough*

Troll.

#4547 Syntax Error

Syntax Error

Tortue d'Art

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 November 2012 - 10:01 PM

So is this one of those deals where I should start with Prototype (1) for the full, rich story or is it one of those deals where I might as well start with P2 because it's better in every respect?

#4548 Severose

Severose

I'm okie dokie and loopy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 November 2012 - 10:03 PM

If only people were serialized... Then we could get rid of him forever. ;)

#4549 SelmaBlair

SelmaBlair

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 November 2012 - 10:08 PM

So is this one of those deals where I should start with Prototype (1) for the full, rich story or is it one of those deals where I might as well start with P2 because it's better in every respect?

I haven't played 2 yet but 1 was really fun so I don't see a reason to skip it.

I'm actually tempted to play through 1 again first before I try 2 but I don't remember it being a story heavy game, just loads of fun to play.

#4550 DarenDF

DarenDF

Don't Do this

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 November 2012 - 10:10 PM

I say play 1 first if it doesn't give you any trouble running as it's a good game. But If it gives you trouble or you don't feel like playing through it, their is a small story recap option in prototype 2. It's not exactly detailed but should give you enough of an idea of what happened in the first game.

#4551 jrodri86

jrodri86

Meh, i'll wait to get it for a cheaper price.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 November 2012 - 10:18 PM

So wait, Prototype @ $9.99 is this week's DotW? Basically the Deal of the Week is something that was cheaper a few days ago?

Yeah, I'll pass. In fact, and I know I will get flamed all to hell on this but oh well, I think I'll pass on Amazon DD as a whole and stick with other stores where I don't have to follow a forum thread religiously to figure out what deals are going on when or end up having the deal of the week be more expensive than it was a couple of days prior.

I wish you luck

Tretton.png

#4552 Icegaryen

Icegaryen

Stuart and the Ave

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 November 2012 - 10:19 PM

About a third way through Prototype 2 and I have to say Prototype 2 had a much better story. Heller is one of the most retarded characters in memory...

#4553 Severose

Severose

I'm okie dokie and loopy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 November 2012 - 10:31 PM

So wait, Prototype @ $9.99 is this week's DotW? Basically the Deal of the Week is something that was cheaper a few days ago?

Yeah, I'll pass. In fact, and I know I will get flamed all to hell on this but oh well, I think I'll pass on Amazon DD as a whole and stick with other stores where I don't have to follow a forum thread religiously to figure out what deals are going on when or end up having the deal of the week be more expensive than it was a couple of days prior.

http://www.hardwarev...Flash-Sales.jpg

http://www.impulsedr..._deadisland.jpg

Cheers,
Tony

I can't believe I missed this. Tony, you're the greatest. :applause:

#4554 Eldredpe

Eldredpe

Disconcerted

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 November 2012 - 11:14 PM

Prototype is not a game you play for the story, if that's what you're asking. I think the first game holds up fine, but you aren't going to be missing any great story or deep lore by skipping it.

#4555 CheapThomas

CheapThomas

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 November 2012 - 11:14 PM

Good points, and apparently it isn't clear enough, but there is a big slot in the middle of the page when the Gamespot show is going on detailing the fact that the sale is only good for 2 hours. Unfortunately, that's really the only slot to communicate this info...and it is above the fold.

Cheers,
Tony

I think the issue is with that 2 hour window and in general with flash sales. A while back you had indicated that you were against these types of sales because they ended up annoying some of your customers. I'm wondering if this is a test or a sign of things to come.

I realize these sales are popular with some but personally I don't care for them as they generally result in a bunch of 'haha I got the great deal' type of posts and that can turn some off staring at a higher price right after the flash sale; granted the 'higher price' can still be amazing, still it can FEEL like you're not getting a good deal.

on another note, got the sun screen all ready and handy for the 'face melting' sale...

#4556 Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon Official Rep

Posted 11 November 2012 - 11:31 PM

I think the issue is with that 2 hour window and in general with flash sales. A while back you had indicated that you were against these types of sales because they ended up annoying some of your customers. I'm wondering if this is a test or a sign of things to come.

I realize these sales are popular with some but personally I don't care for them as they generally result in a bunch of 'haha I got the great deal' type of posts and that can turn some off staring at a higher price right after the flash sale; granted the 'higher price' can still be amazing, still it can FEEL like you're not getting a good deal.

on another note, got the sun screen all ready and handy for the 'face melting' sale...

Yeah I hear you. We avoided flash deals for a while but this opportunity with Gamespot provided too many opportunities just not do it. For example, it is now much easier for me to get bundles like what we're running now and next week approved for a 2 hour "test" and then move forward with a deal of the week shortly after.

In the end the tradeoff between the reticence behind flash deals and the opportunity to bring the customer better deals is slanted towards bringing you guys the best price.

I hope that helps explain, if it doesn't let me know and I'll give it another go.

Cheers,
Tony
Cheers,
Tony - "T-Money"

#4557 SelmaBlair

SelmaBlair

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 November 2012 - 11:39 PM

Yeah I hear you. We avoided flash deals for a while but this opportunity with Gamespot provided too many opportunities just not do it. For example, it is now much easier for me to get bundles like what we're running now and next week approved for a 2 hour "test" and then move forward with a deal of the week shortly after.

In the end the tradeoff between the reticence behind flash deals and the opportunity to bring the customer better deals is slanted towards bringing you guys the best price.

I hope that helps explain, if it doesn't let me know and I'll give it another go.

Cheers,
Tony

I'm gonna need you to explain all of that again but I want you to draw it out into 10 paragraphs instead of 2. I'm also going to need you to explain the psychology behind it all.

I'll give you until tomorrow to turn it in.

Edit: GIVE ME A HINT OF WHAT YOU HAVE PLANNED FOR BLACK FRIDAY UGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

#4558 spOOfy

spOOfy

Cheap Ass Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 November 2012 - 11:47 PM

How long is the sale on the Prototype bundle going to last?

#4559 LazyTriangle

LazyTriangle

flashbang dance

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 November 2012 - 11:48 PM

How long is the sale on the Prototype bundle going to last?

its the deal of the week so until Saturday night

T9rTk6Q.gif

#4560 KidInTheHall

KidInTheHall

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 November 2012 - 11:48 PM

Tony I know you know say on the physical side of the games and I know you guys don't offer Bethesda games as DD but if you could pull any kinda of strings to get Skyrim for like $20-$25 for the PC, I appreciate it.....I need it Tony....I need it to live!

Won't you please....help me to live?

Plase....halp...