Photo
- - - - -

Amazon PCDD $12.49 Walking Dead ($7.49 after coupon)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
18397 replies to this topic

#4561 gomikeoh

gomikeoh

I like turtles.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 November 2012 - 11:48 PM

Tomb Raider guardian of light for black friday please! :D

#4562 spOOfy

spOOfy

Cheap Ass Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 November 2012 - 11:53 PM

its the deal of the week so until Saturday night

Thank you.

I was afraid it was going to end abruptly like how the $7.49 deal did. Got other priorities to attend to first before I can pick up this game.

#4563 Estbarul

Estbarul

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 November 2012 - 11:54 PM

I don't know why people get so frustrated after missing a deal like this? I know, if you like the game it sucks, but nobody is forcing you to buy it, it's just a great oportunity to buy some cheap games, it's not something that the seller have to give us all the time, it's a plus that you're lucky enough to get.

It's depressing how people think this is Tony's duty, if he wants to sell games no lower than $100 he can do it, of course we would not buy them but it's not forcing anyone.
PM me if you want to buy with 20% compensation discount in Gamersgate Store
Buy a min of 2$ and get a 2$ account credit on Green Man Gaming

#4564 KaOTiK

KaOTiK

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2012 - 12:11 AM

Tony, out of curiosity how well has the Prototype bundle performed?

#4565 CheapThomas

CheapThomas

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2012 - 12:12 AM

It's depressing how people think this is Tony's duty, if he wants to sell games no lower than $100 he can do it, of course we would not buy them but it's not forcing anyone.

it's feedback to the vendor that you like about a service you enjoy using.;) granted, some could use a bit of tact and lack the fine art of having an adult conversation, but in general Tony has been very open about what folks like and don't like about the service and I think that's one of the main reasons many of us will choose to stick with the service for a long time; you can't compete on price alone forever.

anyhow, I'm guessing Tony can filter out the occasional noise and rant.

#4566 jrutz

jrutz

An OG CAG since the Early Aughts

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2012 - 12:16 AM

Just played for a little over an hour w/ Prototype 2, according to Steam and Raptr.

I'm running Prototype 2 here on my PC:
i7 950; 1 GB of GF GTX 560 Ti; 8 GB RAM; Win 7 64-bit.

Your PC stats are almost EXACTLY the same as mine... :D The only difference is I have 6GB of triple channel RAM.

I have the first Prototype for Xbox, I'd be buying it primarily for Prototype 2 - is the sequel much of an improvement over the original?

#4567 TimeBomb

TimeBomb

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2012 - 01:12 AM

Your PC stats are almost EXACTLY the same as mine... The only difference is I have 6GB of triple channel RAM.

I have the first Prototype for Xbox, I'd be buying it primarily for Prototype 2 - is the sequel much of an improvement over the original?

The sequel is pretty good. The PC version has memory leak issues, which are noticeable even w/ my 6950 ATI gfx card, my i2500k processor, and my 8gb DDR3 RAM. Note about storyline:
Spoiler
Aside from that, it's slightly better than the original in most areas. The storyline is quite interesting and has some nice twists, much of the powers are similar but usually slightly better. You can assign one power to left click and one person to right click, which is quite nice.

For 10 bucks, it's definitely worth it. Though do note that even though I've been doing most of the side missions, I have just over 9 hours of gameplay and my saved game shows that I'm about 65% done (with the storyline).

#4568 Fire2box

Fire2box

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2012 - 01:47 AM

Note about storyline:

Spoiler

Spoiler

Complaining about it makes you sound like you would hate Parasite Eve as well.

About a third way through Prototype 2 and I have to say Prototype 2 had a much better story. Heller is one of the most retarded characters in memory...

Woah are you telling me " I got... viral.... sonar." is not the single greatest line in gaming history?
Waddles From Gravity Falls is best pony!

#4569 SamuraiINC

SamuraiINC

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2012 - 01:55 AM

The sequel is pretty good. The PC version has memory leak issues, which are noticeable even w/ my 6950 ATI gfx card, my i2500k processor, and my 8gb DDR3 RAM. Note about storyline:

Spoiler
Aside from that, it's slightly better than the original in most areas. The storyline is quite interesting and has some nice twists, much of the powers are similar but usually slightly better. You can assign one power to left click and one person to right click, which is quite nice.

For 10 bucks, it's definitely worth it. Though do note that even though I've been doing most of the side missions, I have just over 9 hours of gameplay and my saved game shows that I'm about 65% done (with the storyline).

I remember reading a fix for this. I can't find it anymore, anyone know of it? I'm having the same memory leak issues.

If it helps

i5 3570k
Radeon 7750
8 gig ram
windows 7 home premium
Posted Image

#4570 NuclearPorkchop

NuclearPorkchop

Herc Mondo's Cousin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2012 - 02:38 AM

Whatever happened to that THQ bundle? Was mentioned nearly 20 pages back, and skimming through I didn't see it get brought up again. Was it a flash deal, or still incoming?

Currently Playing:
:ps3: MGS Peace Walker HD

:360: n/a
:pc: Hearthstone, Sam & Max S1E04; Spec Ops The Line

Add me on Steam, we'll play games and stuff:

#4571 Gvaz

Gvaz

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 12 November 2012 - 03:04 AM

The $7.49 deal was part of an online deals show, in partnership between Gamespot and Amazon, which only lasts for two hours on Friday afternoons. We are fortunate enough that Tony shares the info with us here in advance.

Besides, the price difference is only $2.50... sheesh.

I'm sorry but the price of it being $7.50 compared to $10 is the difference of a purchase for me.

I've passed up quite a lot of $10 games I would have bought if it was $6-8 instead.
CPU: i5 3750k @ 4.2GHz | RAM: DDR3 8GB (9-9-9-24) | GPU: ATI HD4890 @ 1920x1200
Posted Image

#4572 Tsel

Tsel

The Dark Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2012 - 03:07 AM

I'm sorry but the price of it being $7.50 compared to $10 is the difference of a purchase for me.

I've passed up quite a lot of $10 games I would have bought if it was $6-8 instead.

I have to agree here. As far as Steam sales go, I pass up on $5 games quite often, but $2.50 is almost a guaranteed buy.

453605.png
TheTsel.png

#4573 Why_So_Serious

Why_So_Serious

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2012 - 03:22 AM

Aww I bought Prototype 1 when it was $5 during the Steam Halloween sale. :/ I don't wanna spend $10 just to get Prototype 2...

#4574 MysterD

MysterD

CAG's "Favorite" DRM-Cashew & Cylon-Toaster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2012 - 03:45 AM

Tony I know you know say on the physical side of the games and I know you guys don't offer Bethesda games as DD but if you could pull any kinda of strings to get Skyrim for like $20-$25 for the PC, I appreciate it.....I need it Tony....I need it to live!

You should've been watching the TRU PC Games Blowout thread a month ago or so, when Retail versions of Skyrim PC; MW3 PC; Diablo III; StarCraft 2; and other major PC titles were $10 each...

I've been telling Tony for a long time I'd love to see him get Zenimax here (BethSoft, Id Software & Arkane Studios), but....who knows if Amazon DVG and Zenimax will ever come to some sort of agreement....

#4575 MysterD

MysterD

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2012 - 03:52 AM

Your PC stats are almost EXACTLY the same as mine... :D The only difference is I have 6GB of triple channel RAM.

If you liked Prototype 1, you'll like Prototype 2. The story is presented better and seems more put-together, as its really building on top of what the first already one had.

It seems like there's always something to do in Prototype 2. Walk a little bit - boom, there's something around the corner - whether it's a side quest; an Ops enemy to battle (for extra unlocks); or some kind of collectible.

Seems to be more going on in this game.

#4576 KidInTheHall

KidInTheHall

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2012 - 03:53 AM

You should've been watching the TRU PC Games Blowout thread a month ago or so, when Retail versions of Skyrim PC; MW3 PC; Diablo III; StarCraft 2; and other major PC titles were $10 each...

I've been telling Tony for a long time I'd love to see him get Zenimax here (BethSoft, Id Software & Arkane Studios), but....who knows if Amazon DVG and Zenimax will ever come to some sort of agreement....

I tried but my local TRU was out of stock and said they didn't think they were even going to get Skyrim back in.

#4577 MysterD

MysterD

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2012 - 03:54 AM

I tried but my local TRU was out of stock and said they didn't think they were even going to get Skyrim back in.

Man, that bites...
:(

#4578 Drabelincoln

Drabelincoln

Town Drunk

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2012 - 03:55 AM

Yeah I hear you. We avoided flash deals for a while but this opportunity with Gamespot provided too many opportunities just not do it. For example, it is now much easier for me to get bundles like what we're running now and next week approved for a 2 hour "test" and then move forward with a deal of the week shortly after.

In the end the tradeoff between the reticence behind flash deals and the opportunity to bring the customer better deals is slanted towards bringing you guys the best price.

I hope that helps explain, if it doesn't let me know and I'll give it another go.

Cheers,
Tony

The nice thing about Amazon flash sales is that its for 2 hours...where gamestop does a 500 copies sale....Im glad you let us know ahead of time what it will be....not necessarily the price but you give us hints

#4579 sunasun

sunasun

Count Burgula approves and endorses this member title

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2012 - 04:09 AM

prototype 1 is badly ported too. cant even get it to run at higher res then 1280x720 :(

hmm, runs at 1920x1080 flawlessly for me.

So wait, Prototype @ $9.99 is this week's DotW? Basically the Deal of the Week is something that was cheaper a few days ago?

Yeah, I'll pass. In fact, and I know I will get flamed all to hell on this but oh well, I think I'll pass on Amazon DD as a whole and stick with other stores where I don't have to follow a forum thread religiously to figure out what deals are going on when or end up having the deal of the week be more expensive than it was a couple of days prior.

Wow, good riddance.... you seem like a douche anyway. You're really bitching about 2.50?

spoderman And tebow like this

Bacon-Cheeseburger-160x160.jpegmidnightoriginal__94722.1354255776.178.1  mysterd likes this

Add my two accounts for free games!!!!

http://steamcommunity.com/id/relysis http://steamcommunit...561198124339261

#4580 SelmaBlair

SelmaBlair

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2012 - 04:17 AM

Which tells me that you and everyone else echoing those thoughts are the kind of people that buy games for the sake of them being on sale rather than actually wanting the game.

If you actually wanted the game you would spend the 10 dollars. A 3% price difference wouldn't sway anyone with interest in a game. It's 3%. I'd be willing to bet you guys have hundreds of unplayed games sitting on your computer and around your house.

#4581 paz9x

paz9x

Posted 12 November 2012 - 04:32 AM

Which tells me that you and everyone else echoing those thoughts are the kind of people that buy games for the sake of them being on sale rather than actually wanting the game.

If you actually wanted the game you would spend the 10 dollars. A 3% price difference wouldn't sway anyone with interest in a game. It's 3%. I'd be willing to bet you guys have hundreds of unplayed games sitting on your computer and around your house.

in fairness, its a 33% increase over the flash sale price.
"I am the Walrus" "Shut the Fuck up Donnie"

Posted Image

#4582 G_freemanX

G_freemanX

HAF LAFE 3 pls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2012 - 04:41 AM

Any hints on the games that will be on sale in BF?

#4583 sunasun

sunasun

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2012 - 04:43 AM

Posted Image
To the guy who got banned apparently because I can't quote him. :drool:

Bacon-Cheeseburger-160x160.jpegmidnightoriginal__94722.1354255776.178.1  mysterd likes this

#4584 Genocidal

Genocidal

Summer of Punk

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2012 - 04:45 AM

Don't worry, this is the fourth time. He'll be back. Thanks to the mods who are keeping the thread clean of him when he does come back!
x8uorcw.jpggenocidal.png
[img=http://steamsigs.com/steam.php?id=genocidal&pngimg=http://i.imgur.com/fLZMY.png&tborder=0.png

If I would go back in time, the one person in history I'd like to make tap out would have to be... Jesus

#4585 KidInTheHall

KidInTheHall

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2012 - 04:57 AM

Man, that bites...
:(

Yeah it sucked, I really want Skyrim, I wouldn't mind actually paying full price but I did that on the 360 version when it first came out.

#4586 dfg

dfg

Impecunious Ass Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2012 - 05:02 AM

in fairness, its a 33% increase over the flash sale price.

Math skills as strong as the logic ones.

If your purchasing calculus includes backlog placement (mine does), then being unwilling to spend an "extra" $2.50 on the deal is entirely justifiable, especially since these games will inevitably have future discounts, maybe as soon as the next Steam sale event.

If you plan to play them immediately, $10 is a great price.

Also, the troll is right; Steam is the devil incarnate.
¡Viva los CAGs!
Posted Image

#4587 Severose

Severose

I'm okie dokie and loopy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2012 - 05:12 AM

Well at least one good thing came of him being here.

While trying to check, for myself, if he was actually banned, I discovered a nice feature that works with searching for users: if you somehow remember a portion of a user's name, but not their full username, you can use an underscore as a placeholder.

For instance, to search for me, you could use (Used spaces for clarity): "_ _ _ e r o s e". Not something I'd really use, but the nerdy CS major in me found it quite cool. 8-)

CAG: a place to buy/sell/trade games the right way.

GMG ref link: $2 when you spend $2, instantly!

3687091.png76561197965577424.png

#4588 sunasun

sunasun

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2012 - 05:36 AM

Tony, can we have a deal for 92% off this?
http://cdnroot.cheap...pictureid=28784
Spoiler

Edited by sunasun, 12 November 2012 - 05:39 AM.
fucked up on tags

#4589 SelmaBlair

SelmaBlair

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2012 - 05:50 AM

To the guy who got banned apparently because I can't quote him. :drool:

Who are you trying to quote? Everyone's quote button is showing up for me.

#4590 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Posted 12 November 2012 - 05:54 AM

So I just ran Prototype 2 on my laptop and it played fine. I use integrated graphics, so I guess it is really hit or miss. How do you guys keep track of Frames Per Second? I'm sure mine are pretty slow but it's fine for me since I'm not much of a graphics person.

Learn how to get FREE and CHEAP games with Tremorgames: http://www.cheapassg...tremorgamescom/