Photo
- - - - -

Amazon PCDD $12.49 Walking Dead ($7.49 after coupon)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
18397 replies to this topic

#5701 Severose

Severose

I'm okie dokie and loopy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 02:09 AM

Ok so it does but it doesn't...

Nobody here knows? Really?

The copy I bought in one of their previous sales is DRM-free. This may have changed, but I highly doubt it since Velvet Assassin has been on Steam for a while, and was at the time I purchased it from them. That leads me to think that their copy is DRM-free, no Steam key. If someone finds something that contradicts this, let me know so I can hassle Amazon for a Steam key. =P

CAG: a place to buy/sell/trade games the right way.

GMG ref link: $2 when you spend $2, instantly!

3687091.png76561197965577424.png

#5702 DWulf

DWulf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 02:14 AM

I got all excited when I saw the Call of Duties on the list, until I saw they were all Mac versions :(

Civ V: Gods and Kings is currently showing as unavailable for me - anyone having that problem?

#5703 walkonshadows

walkonshadows

Terminal CAGtosis

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 02:21 AM

People need to stop worrying about the codes for now. I'm sure it'll get settled eventually. I don't foresee anyone buying 20+ games in January to use said codes on so, in the end, I'm sure everyone will have enough with their various November/December purchases.

^ This. The likely result is that you'll own 90% of what's on their list in January anyway, that and the codes specifically say it's one use per purchase (kinda forced by how you can't buy multiple games digitally at the same time anyway). I'm sure a month and a half is enough time to get the codes sorted out that you might end up using once or twice anyway, oh and I'll also add the following hoping to cut down on yet more pages of the same post, (this thread is getting ridiculously long in the tooth every day):

1. Purchasing Gods & Kings (Civ V) for Mac does in fact unlock the Windows version as well in Steam.

2. The version of Velvet Assassin that Amazon is currently selling has not received Steam codes, and there has never been an announcement saying that they would.

3. Tony has stated that the sale list is incomplete and he is still adding to it, so just wait and stop asking about previously mentioned bundles. He has been really open about the process, and it's even likely that some bundles could get pushed back for a sale in the future (like Christmas). I get it if something pops up on sale and you want confirmation of whether to expect it on sale at Amazon in the near future, but even he many times has stated "If you think it's a good deal, then get it".

I hope this thread can stop being 10 pages longer every day now.

Anyone who wants a 72-Hour guest pass to The Secret World, just PM me your email.

LeCuPXZ.jpgUUVGik1.jpgDEjnR1E.jpg

CEh38V2.jpgKxJkMdH.jpgJtnnbZt.jpg

#5704 Zakart

Zakart

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 02:25 AM

It's really bank dependent. None of my banks/cards hit me up for a surcharge when I use GMG, GG or GGG. I know other people get hit. You might be able to use Paypal to avoid the fees (or so Paypal tells me every time I try to use a card instead of a PP balance).

FYI: My first time purchasing from GMG was this morning and I used my PayPal balance...no fees.

Thank you very much, your input is much appreciated guys.

#5705 The End

The End

It's a Prairie Dog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 02:25 AM

Thanks for matching Sims 3 Supernatural, AND adding $5 credit.

What store did they price match?

#5706 walkonshadows

walkonshadows

Terminal CAGtosis

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 02:26 AM

I got all excited when I saw the Call of Duties on the list, until I saw they were all Mac versions :(

Civ V: Gods and Kings is currently showing as unavailable for me - anyone having that problem?

Says unavailable for everyone. The PC version is still priced as normal, so they might be converting it over to have that one on sale as well, to stop the constant questions about the mac version.

MAC ($7.49) Unavailable
http://www.amazon.co...=gods and kings

Windows Vista/7/XP ($29.99) Available Now
http://www.amazon.co...=gods and kings

Anyone who wants a 72-Hour guest pass to The Secret World, just PM me your email.

LeCuPXZ.jpgUUVGik1.jpgDEjnR1E.jpg

CEh38V2.jpgKxJkMdH.jpgJtnnbZt.jpg

#5707 juanjava

juanjava

El ojo en el cielo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 02:27 AM

For me:
Metro 2033: 10/10 game. Linear.
STALKER Series: 7/10. Open world, really buggy.

STALKER Vanilla maybe. With mods and patches the game is AWESOME. It needs a proper sequel, with MP option

Agree with Metro 2033, is a masterpiece. Hope Last Light expands the possibilities

BTW, what about the Jagged Alliance 2 version from Amazon. Already have Unfinished business on GoG... but want to replay the main game one more time. It works on Windows 7 64, or should just wait for the Steam version?

Edited by juanjava, 19 November 2012 - 02:41 AM.

#5708 Zakart

Zakart

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 02:39 AM

Got Hitman Absolution : Professional Edition for USD 29.95 from GMG.

"Rate of Exchange: If this transaction involves a currency conversion, there will be an exchange rate shown above. This exchange rate includes a 2.5% spread above the wholesale exchange rate at which PayPal obtains foreign currency, and the spread is retained by PayPal."

There IS no exchange rate shown above (on the receipt), so I can safely assume that there wasn't any conversion charges.

HA:PE for 30 bucks, my Cheap ASS is proud of me.

Sorry Jeff, I still love you.

#5709 Garbanzo

Garbanzo

CAG Veteran

• CAG Veteran

Posted 19 November 2012 - 02:44 AM

It IS US/NA only. There is a way to activate it in other regions but I would NOT recommend that

Suppose you activate Inversion via a US IP, can you play it outside the US after that?

#5710 ndawgdrake

ndawgdrake

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 02:50 AM

Got a 5$ credit for NFS: Most Wanted from buying NFS: The Run a few weeks back. Will I be able to use the credit on the $19.99 Most Wanted deal on the 23rd?

#5711 kaydigi

kaydigi

BK All Day

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 02:59 AM

Can Anyone confirm that Call of Duty 1 and United Offensive work on Windows 7?

#5712 unknown0

unknown0

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 03:08 AM

How do we know which games come with a steam key? I am interested in a bunch of games but only if they come with a steam key. Should I assume if it's not listed in the Amazon page as requiring steam then it will not come with a steam key? Thanks!

#5713 G_freemanX

G_freemanX

HAF LAFE 3 pls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 03:10 AM

For how much time is FIFA 13 offer going to be available?

#5714 squishface

squishface

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 03:12 AM

curious if the kingdoms is going to be able to be activated on steam and still checking to see if amazon will be doing any type of vita and 3ds game deals like they are for the ps3 and xbox 360 ?
"I do whatever my Rice Krispies tell me to!"

#5715 Tax

Tax

The Project

• CAGiversary!

How do we know which games come with a steam key? I am interested in a bunch of games but only if they come with a steam key. Should I assume if it's not listed in the Amazon page as requiring steam then it will not come with a steam key? Thanks!

I second this.

#5716 PCgamerz

PCgamerz

CHE@P or no deal

• CAGiversary!

Does Inversion key still region lock? I'm really interested in this

PCgamerzz.png?font=DroidSans&userbg=1&gl

aAavubI.png                                   6KZ48wP.png?4                                    ZyWUSqV.jpg

I hate price differences & region restricted :evil:

#5717 Drabelincoln

Drabelincoln

Town Drunk

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 03:13 AM

I second this.

Someone posted a link with every game that came with one. It's been posted a few times actually.

#5718 The End

The End

It's a Prairie Dog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 03:16 AM

GreenManGaming.com has Hitman Absolution: Professional Edition Pre-Order (PC Digital Download) for $44.99 - 35% off voucher code GMG35-FGR37-COY0B = $29.25.

http://www.greenmang...nal-edition-na/

My first frontpage deal on Slickdeals :)

Congrats on your first front page deal.

If you want another easy one, next time the TV Series Firefly goes on sale somewhere (even if it's only $0.05 off) post the deal. One of the mods responsible for promoting deals to the front page as a real boner for that show. Can't understand why. But anytime the DVD or Blu-ray series set "deal" gets posted, there is a 1000% chance that it'll hit the front page.

curious if the kingdoms is going to be able to be activated on steam and still checking to see if amazon will be doing any type of vita and 3ds game deals like they are for the ps3 and xbox 360 ?

If by Kingdoms you mean Kingdoms of Amalur, the only way you can get that on steam is to buy it through the steam store. Every other version activates on Origin.

Does Inversion key still region lock? I'm really interested in this

That's the word on the street.

#5719 KidInTheHall

KidInTheHall

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 03:19 AM

Congrats on your first front page deal.

If you want another easy one, next time the TV Series Firefly goes on sale somewhere (even if it's only $0.05 off) post the deal. One of the mods responsible for promoting deals to the front page as a real boner for that show. Can't understand why. But anytime the DVD or Blu-ray series set "deal" gets posted there is a 1000% chance that it'll hit the front page.

If by Kingdoms you mean Kingdoms of Amalur, the only way you can get that on steam is to buy it through the steam store. Every other version activates on Origin.

That's the word on the street.

I love this.

#5720 mnuttster

mnuttster

CAG It Up!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 03:42 AM

I think Dark Souls at that price is too good to pass up...

#5721 gomikeoh

gomikeoh

I like turtles.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 03:46 AM

Dammit!

Will there be more Civ 5 gods and kings codes? Ugh...It hit slickdeals and looks like you guys are out. Was gonna get back in to civ 5 tonight..

Q_Q

#5722 pantsattack

pantsattack

Grant Thrift Auto

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 04:26 AM

Any help with Dawn of War 2 dlc recommendations?

#5723 Dev518

Dev518

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 04:42 AM

Can Anyone confirm that Call of Duty 1 and United Offensive work on Windows 7?

They're all Mac versions.

#5724 Dev518

Dev518

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 04:43 AM

Any help with Dawn of War 2 dlc recommendations?

Just get them in the order they were released.

#5725 voldak

voldak

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 04:44 AM

I've never played a Serious Sam game, but they look pretty awesome. Which one/ones of these should I pick up?

#5726 Satoru

Satoru

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 04:45 AM

When is G&K going to work! I NEED THAT! x_X

#5727 MysterD

MysterD

CAG's "Favorite" DRM-Cashew & Cylon-Toaster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 04:45 AM

Can anyone FOR SURE confirm that Velvet Assassin redeems on steam?

I have Velvet Assassin from Amazon DVG.
There's no serial key at all.
It's DRM-FREE.

#5728 Satoru

Satoru

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 04:46 AM

I've never played a Serious Sam game, but they look pretty awesome. Which one/ones of these should I pick up?

SS3 is a good one. Modern graphics, old school 'destroy everything that moves' gameplay. Can't go wrong with that one.

Too bad the pirated 'pink invincible scorpion' doesn't show up in legit versions :lol:

#5729 Satoru

Satoru

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 04:47 AM

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought BO was going to show up on the Amazon deals?

#5730 MysterD

MysterD

CAG's "Favorite" DRM-Cashew & Cylon-Toaster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 04:48 AM

STALKER Vanilla maybe. With mods and patches the game is AWESOME. It needs a proper sequel, with MP option

Keep your eyes on Suvarium then.