Photo
- - - - -

Amazon PCDD $12.49 Walking Dead ($7.49 after coupon)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
18397 replies to this topic

#5881 gomikeoh

gomikeoh

I like turtles.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 12:09 AM

:( Why is G&K only 33% off now!!!!!! :((((((

Tony said he will get more keys in today...so hopefully we can get the 7.49 deal still.

#5882 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 12:11 AM

Hmmm, will there be (or is there) a Borderlands 2 4 pack that might yield a better individual price lower than $30?

#5883 MIND LINK

MIND LINK

MURDER ALL RAPPERS

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 12:26 AM

Tony, have we seen all the Paradox deals? I'm surprised EU3 has no discount at all...

MARS

#5884 MysterD

MysterD

CAG's Favorite DRM-Cashew & Cylon-Toaster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 12:30 AM

In case any one is wondering, Dark Messiah of Might & Magic registers on Steam with the CD Key they give you.

At Retail, YES.
I have the CE Retail Box, actually.

Dark Messiah of Might & Magic was one of the weird ones at Retail - here's why.

The SP from Retail didn't require Steam (you could use the disc-check), but you could also activate the SP portion on Steam, if you chose to.
It's up to you if you bought it from Retail, for some reason.

The MP absolutely does require Steam PERIOD.
BTW - does anyone play Dark Messiah's MP anymore? :-x

I have no idea if Dark Messiah of Might & Magic actually got a DRM-FREE release anywhere, though.
If it did get DRM-FREE, it's probably be for the SP portion, I'd guess.
MP portion uses Steamworks period...unless they re-released it and tossed in some other middleware (like GameSpy), added LAN support, or something.

Edited by MysterD, 20 November 2012 - 12:41 AM.

#5885 Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon Official Rep

• Retailer Representative

Posted 20 November 2012 - 12:32 AM

Hmmm, will there be (or is there) a Borderlands 2 4 pack that might yield a better individual price lower than $30?

Negative.

Tony, have we seen all the Paradox deals? I'm surprised EU3 has no discount at all...

Also negative, what I posted was just a sample. EUIII will be $7.49 on its own.

Cheers,
Tony
Cheers,
Tony - "T-Money"
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter:
www.twitter.com/amazongames
http://www.facebook....?ref=ts&fref=ts

#5886 zenii

zenii

cynical sam

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 12:35 AM

Quoting this so (hopefully) we don't get another million questions on "will this activate on steam?".

Also, if it's not on this list, it's not steam activatable.

Newly updated. List of sale games which activate on STEAM. Posted at NeoGAF, credit to Xelios.

-------------------------------------------------------

100% confirmed Steam keys according to Amazon pages -- WORK IN PROGRESS. [highlight]Civilization Mac codes give you the Windows version as well -- CONFIRMED.[/highlight] If a game is MAC and activates on Steam you will get the Windows version as well in almost all cases. Thanks to Isaccard for the early heads up on the links so I could get started.

Starting 11/16 until ???:

Starting 11/18 - 11/25:

Payday: The Heist series: (Unknown dates - thanks to 7extonly)

Serious Sam Series: (Unknown dates - thanks to 7extonly)

Starting 11/18-11/24:

Starting 11/18-11/25:

Starting 11/18-11/26:

Starting 11/19-11/20:

11/23:

11/23-11/26:

11/23-11/25:

• Pint Sized Paradox Package - $5.99 Contains:
  • Crusader Kings II: Dynasty Shields DLC Pack
  • Crusader Kings II: Mongols DLC Pack
  • Crusader Kings II: Ruler Designer DLC
  • Crusader Kings II: Songs of Albion DLC
  • Crusader Kings II: Songs of Faith DLC
  • Crusader Kings II: Songs of the Holy Land DLC
  • Majesty 2 Collection
  • Majesty Gold - HD
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane

11/24-11/25:

11/26:

#5887 pantsattack

pantsattack

this computer is a time machine, but it only goes forward

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 12:39 AM

The Bioshocks dual packs can't be one cent less than the single games, right? $7.49 for the pack like the past deals?

#5888 Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon Official Rep

Posted 20 November 2012 - 12:41 AM

The Bioshocks dual packs can't be one cent less than the single games, right? $7.49 for the pack like the past deals?

Can and are.

Cheers,
Tony
Cheers,
Tony - "T-Money"

#5889 DarkZero104

DarkZero104

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 12:44 AM

Let's see... of the sales there...

X-COM: retail multiplat will be $25.
Civ 5: Combo Pack is... basically what Civ 5 GOTY and Gods and Kings currently costs? cool that Korea and Wonders are both on sale though, with them i can round out the DLC after i get G&K. just weird. not as weird as G&K getting such a drastic mark up though. man, had i known it was going to be this way i would've jumped on it last night.
Bioshock: ....Now correct me if I'm wrong here but uhhh... Bioshock Dual Pack: $4.99 vs. Bioshock 1 and 2 individually costing $5. ...unless how i define "dual pack" is mistaken and it's not either A) 2 copies of the game or B) both games (i'm assuming it's B) then... what?
Max Payne 3: ....game + season pass, $20. game alone, $30. season pass alone, $15. ......what?

this isn't quite making sense.

#5890 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 12:44 AM

Negative.

Ah well. Appreciate the response. I'll probably hold out a little longer. It's still relatively new and sells well so I guess I didn't really expect any crazy discounts.

#5891 MysterD

MysterD

CAG's Favorite DRM-Cashew & Cylon-Toaster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 12:45 AM

Max Payne 3 Complete Bundle – Contains MP3+Season Pass
$19.99

MAX PAYNE 3
$30.00

MAX PAYNE 3 SEASON PASS
$15.00

Okay, am I reading this right?
Why is Max Payne 3 [base game alone for $30] WAY MORE than the Max Payne 3: Complete Bundle [base game + Season Pass DLC for $20]?
{eyebrow raised}

#5892 The End

The End

It's a Prairie Dog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 12:46 AM

Wait, Amazon is selling Ghostbusters again? That got removed from every DD store except Gamersgate. How are you able to sell that again?

I know that this doesn't have a lot of baring in the current deals, but I am a little bit curious as to how Ghostbusters ended up back in the store.

#5893 gomikeoh

gomikeoh

I like turtles.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 12:49 AM

I know that this doesn't have a lot of baring in the current deals, but I am a little bit curious as to how Ghostbusters ended up back in the store.

Was there anything wrong with ghostbusters before hand?

#5894 Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon Official Rep

Posted 20 November 2012 - 12:50 AM

Civ 5: Combo Pack is... basically what Civ 5 GOTY and Gods and Kings currently costs? cool that Korea and Wonders are both on sale though, with them i can round out the DLC after i get G&K. just weird. not as weird as G&K getting such a drastic mark up though. man, had i known it was going to be this way i would've jumped on it last night.
Bioshock: ....Now correct me if I'm wrong here but uhhh... Bioshock Dual Pack: $4.99 vs. Bioshock 1 and 2 individually costing $5. ...unless how i define "dual pack" is mistaken and it's not either A) 2 copies of the game or B) both games (i'm assuming it's B) then... what?
Max Payne 3: ....game + season pass, $20. game alone, $30. season pass alone, $15. ......what?

Ah well. Appreciate the response. I'll probably hold out a little longer. It's still relatively new and sells well so I guess I didn't really expect any crazy discounts.

Why is Max Payne 3 (base game alone) [$30] WAY MORE than the Max Payne 3: Complete Bundle [$20]?
{eyebrow raised}

Good questions on the odd bundle vs. composite pricing. We've done this in the past (bioshock 1 and 2 were $10 a la carte during the last sale where the dual pack was $7.49.

As for Civ V Gods and Kings, remember, the current $7.49 price point is for the Mac version, which was ported by ASPYR, the fact that it is Steamplay is a coincidence.

EDIT: The explanation here is that sometimes we're able to get more aggressive bundle pricing approved than a la carte.

Cheers,
Tony
Cheers,
Tony - "T-Money"

#5895 DarkZero104

DarkZero104

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 12:52 AM

...Ah. Man, talk about a lucky break for us then. >_>; Assuming that more keys get brought in anyway. At the pace this goes there may be more sales for the expansion than there are of the game on that system.

#5896 Zakart

Zakart

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 12:52 AM

Wait a minute, where does it say X-COM is $25? little direction please

#5897 Neuro5i5

Neuro5i5

pʎslǝxıɔ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 12:53 AM

I hate to be one to add to the mass of questions for Tony, but...

Borderlands 2 Season Pass and/or DLC sales...?

#5898 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 01:04 AM

EDIT: The explanation here is that sometimes we're able to get more aggressive bundle pricing approved than a la carte.

Cheers,
Tony

Completely understand from your point of view and dealing with publishers. I'm also a bad test case/example because I have extremely picky/eclectic tastes in games coupled with the patience of Job in terms of getting things at a given price point. That said I can certainly recognize something like the Sega bundle for $20 is a great price it's just that as I'm only interested in Hell Yeah and Viking it just isn't worth it to me. I could try to sell off individual game keys I don't want but usually there's quite a few floating around during the holidays (from others who have bought the pack) and it ends up being more hassle than its worth.

But again, objectively speaking pretty much all of the deals/packs you've posted are crazy good prices.

#5899 asheskitty

asheskitty

Coconut Kitty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 01:10 AM

Now correct me if I'm wrong here but uhhh... Bioshock Dual Pack: $4.99 vs. Bioshock 1 and 2 individually costing $5. ...unless how i define "dual pack" is mistaken and it's not either A) 2 copies of the game or B) both games (i'm assuming it's B) then... what?

Can and are.

Cheers,
Tony

Why is Max Payne 3 [base game alone for $30] WAY MORE than the Max Payne 3: Complete Bundle [base game + Season Pass DLC for $20]?
{eyebrow raised}

Good questions on the odd bundle vs. composite pricing. We've done this in the past (bioshock 1 and 2 were $10 a la carte during the last sale where the dual pack was $7.49.

The explanation here is that sometimes we're able to get more aggressive bundle pricing approved than a la carte.

Cheers,
Tony

Welcome to the logic+window side of capitalism.
Spoiler

#5900 Financial Panther

Financial Panther

Qui audet adipiscitur

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 01:20 AM

Sorry Tony for repeating the question but haven't got an answer to my question and was wondering

Any way you can talk to Enlight and get "The Enlightened Entertainment Package " back on sale for Black Friday?
http://www.amazon.co...d/dp/B008Y3KMKS

Been looking back for this one since I missed the sale last time Amazon had it.

Thanks Tony!

#5901 Chupatintas

Chupatintas

Posted 20 November 2012 - 01:23 AM

Is this pack (as found in this post) still going for sale on Friday?

• [FONT="]Victoria Franchise[/FONT]
  • [FONT="]Hearts of Iron III Collection[/FONT]
  • [FONT="]King Arthur Collection[/FONT]
  • [FONT="]King Arthur II[/FONT]
  • [FONT="]Achtung Panzer 1943[/FONT]
  • [FONT="]Gettysburg Armored Warfare[/FONT]

I didn't see it in the OP, that's why I'm asking.

I was wondering about this myself.

#5902 Skram

Skram

Posted 20 November 2012 - 01:26 AM

So just want to make sure I'm not dumb or dumb or whatever it is. So is the Sega Action Pack all just activated on Steam? I will buy it in a heartbeat if so.

#5903 sandycuz

sandycuz

CAG in Training

• CAG Veteran

Posted 20 November 2012 - 01:27 AM

In case any one is wondering, Dark Messiah of Might & Magic registers on Steam with the CD Key they give you.

Just bought Dark Messiah Might & Magic and I can confirm that when activated on steam, it comes with single player.

Edited by sandycuz, 20 November 2012 - 01:42 AM.

#5904 Genocidal

Genocidal

Summer of Punk

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 01:29 AM

So just want to make sure I'm not dumb or dumb or whatever it is. So is the Sega Action Pack all just activated on Steam? I will buy it in a heartbeat if so.

All except Condemned.
x8uorcw.jpggenocidal.png
[img=http://steamsigs.com/steam.php?id=genocidal&pngimg=http://i.imgur.com/fLZMY.png&tborder=0.png

If I would go back in time, the one person in history I'd like to make tap out would have to be... Jesus

#5905 teenwolf

teenwolf

hic sunt leones

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 01:33 AM

All except for Condemned Criminal Origins.

#5906 monkeyz

monkeyz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 01:35 AM

Are you sure?

Cheers,
Tony

Yeah Tony I can confirm and I see two others that Dark Messiah Might & Magic redeems on Steam as Dark Messiah Multiplayer Comp. Very cool, haha :applause:. Thought I'd put this out there for everyone as well, 3 random people on the internet, I know isn't a huge sampling but should give some folks confidence if they are looking for Steam games.

Just bought Dark Messiah Might & Magic and I can confirm that when activated on steam, it comes with single player.

Yup confirmed.

https://support.stea...=7480-wusf-3601

Dark Messiah retail keys redeem on Steam according to Valve's own Retail Key page

Very good observation hahah I totally didn't even think to check that because that list has been fairly outdated but thanks for listing the source!

-monkeyz

#5907 Financial Panther

Financial Panther

Qui audet adipiscitur

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 01:38 AM

Yeah Tony I can confirm and I see two others that Dark Messiah Might & Magic redeems on Steam as Dark Messiah Multiplayer Comp. Very cool, haha :applause:. Thought I'd put this out there for everyone as well, 3 random people on the internet, I know isn't a huge sampling but should give some folks confidence if they are looking for Steam games.

Yup confirmed.

-monkeyz

https://support.stea...=7480-wusf-3601

Dark Messiah retail keys redeem on Steam according to Valve's own Retail Key page

#5908 Satoru

Satoru

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 01:38 AM

As for Civ V Gods and Kings, remember, the current $7.49 price point is for the Mac version, which was ported by ASPYR, the fact that it is Steamplay is a coincidence.

Cheers,
Tony

So any chances for more G&K keys for my "Mac" 8-)

#5909 Katiklysm

Katiklysm

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 01:46 AM

Sorry to be late to the party- I don't see this in the OP though...

What time of day do these offers go live? ie. for the 11/23 offers- will the price change occur at 12am EST, 12am PST? Other?

Since I'm hearing keys sold out for some other deals- I want to be sure to get on when they go live to avoid that. (I'm looking at you, Dark Souls)

Anyone know when prices will be updated for the bigger deals? midnight? what timezone?

#5910 oscargrouch

oscargrouch

Posted 20 November 2012 - 01:57 AM

Not to thread jack but thanks for the heads up on the Spec Ops.

Don't worry Tony, Amazon got plenty from me today. And more this week for sure.