Photo
- - - - -

Amazon PCDD $12.49 Walking Dead ($7.49 after coupon)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
18397 replies to this topic

#6571 wankerjr

wankerjr

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2012 - 10:47 PM

Tony are you going to Price match Rage?

http://store.steampo...d.com/app/9200/

Amazon PCDD doesn't carry Bethesda digital downloads.

#6572 The Assembler

The Assembler

Posted 22 November 2012 - 10:48 PM

Tony,

Steam just put Sim City 4 for 5.99. Can you get the hamsters on a price match?

http://store.steampo....com/app/24780/

PS: preference if you can pull off steam activation but I don't know if you have any super hamsters available

If you want the steam version of the game, why do you want Amazon to price match it? Why wouldn't you just buy it from Steam?

#6573 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

BURN ALL THE BABIES

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2012 - 10:51 PM

I'm genuinely surprised that Amazon hasn't set the precedent on a Crysis ME price yet. GameFly had it for $4.43 ages ago. Still $7 here?

Terraria - $1 (Steam),  X3: Terran Conflict - $2 (Steam)Fable: The Lost Chapters - $2 (Steam)

bZ2g3eF.png

#6574 oscargrouch

oscargrouch

Posted 22 November 2012 - 10:53 PM

So what time will the deals start tomorrow? Midnight PST?

#6575 TctclMvPhase

TctclMvPhase

Dismal Scientist

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2012 - 10:55 PM

How do I tell if a game on Amazon can be activated on Steam? Im wondering about Test Drive Unlimited 2 in particular.

black_swan_movie-640x120.jpg

"I was perfect....

#6576 NeoGutsman

NeoGutsman

CAG Backlogger

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2012 - 10:59 PM

How do I tell if a game on Amazon can be activated on Steam? Im wondering about Test Drive Unlimited 2 in particular.

Quickest way: Ctrl+F and search for Steam on the game's Amazon page.

#6577 Mac the Geek

Mac the Geek

Member Title

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2012 - 10:59 PM

Is it sad that I'm considering buying the Sega Genesis Classic Packs 1-4 separately instead of in the bundle so I get 4 credits instead of 1?

If you're completely uninterested in any of the contents of Classic Pack 5, then buying the other four packs individually is a fairly shrewd move. But Pack 5 costs more than the entire bundle; so if you want any of those games, you're better off buying the bundle.

The front page doesn't have a list of individual games on sale anymore; but there are quite a few games currently on sale in the $2 range. You can amass coupons pretty easily, if that's your game plan.

EDIT: Classic Pack 5 is at www.amazon.com/SEGA-Genesis-Classics-Series-Download/dp/B008H5323W/

Edited by Mac the Geek, 22 November 2012 - 11:03 PM.
fix URL

#6578 60fps

60fps

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2012 - 11:12 PM

I'm genuinely surprised that Amazon hasn't set the precedent on a Crysis ME price yet. GameFly had it for $4.43 ages ago. Still $7 here?

Amazon doesn't decide the final sale price, the publisher does. Crysis ME probably had less sales on Gamefly than most other places so they lowered the price to help that distributor sell their product better.

#6579 Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon Official Rep

• Retailer Representative

Posted 22 November 2012 - 11:16 PM

Hey guys,

We aren't matching the flash deals due to their nature.

If I've missed any thus far feel free to just let me know again.

As for Game of Thrones deals, still getting final approvals.

Cheers,
Tony
Cheers,
Tony - "T-Money"
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter:
www.twitter.com/amazongames
http://www.facebook....?ref=ts&fref=ts

#6580 ochentay4

ochentay4

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

After IGN, G2PO and various Blue Coin discounts/paybacks, it's a mere $9 -- Sold!

Yeah I bought that too, fantastic price for MP3!

#6581 Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon Official Rep

Amazon doesn't decide the final sale price, the publisher does. Crysis ME probably had less sales on Gamefly than most other places so they lowered the price to help that distributor sell their product better.

QFT

Cheers,
Tony
Cheers,
Tony - "T-Money"

#6582 rasvelen

rasvelen

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2012 - 11:18 PM

Amazon PCDD doesn't carry Bethesda digital downloads.

I see, it's just that the mac version of Rage is on sale.

#6583 aus_nacht

aus_nacht

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2012 - 11:25 PM

If you want the steam version of the game, why do you want Amazon to price match it? Why wouldn't you just buy it from Steam?

a) I have an amazon credit card so I get 3% back

b) I want the 5 dollar coupon
"Just a heads up: we're gonna have a superconductor turned up full blast and pointed at you for the duration of this next test. I'll be honest - we're throwing science at the wall here to see what sticks. No idea what it'll do. Probably nothing. Best-case scenario, you might get some superpowers. Worst case, some tumors, which we'll cut out. " - C. Johnson

#6584 asheskitty

asheskitty

Friend of NakedBladeEyes

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2012 - 11:27 PM

Quickest way: Ctrl+F and search for Steam on the game's Amazon page.

That can only tell you if it is steam for sure. There are many games that register on steam but are not labeled as such. Please refrain from spreading misinformation.

The best source of stuff on Amazon known to register on steam is this GAF post.

#6585 MIND LINK

MIND LINK

MURDER ALL RAPPERS

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2012 - 11:27 PM

So what time will the deals start tomorrow? Midnight PST?

This.

MARS

#6586 asheskitty

asheskitty

Friend of NakedBladeEyes

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2012 - 11:33 PM

This.

Amazon prices seem be be hand-edited, so typically between midnight and 1AM PST, longer if they are swamped, say on Black Friday. By way of note, GamersGate also seems to hand edit sales in. In contrast Steam seems to have some scheduling system (but are prone to hand edits and fixing).

#6587 Maxus

Maxus

Posted 22 November 2012 - 11:34 PM

Is Max Payne 3 Bundle activable outside US (ex. European IP addresses?) It's really good deal and I know some keys are region locked...

Help? :)

#6588 omnicious

omnicious

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2012 - 11:35 PM

Will the Mass Effect Trilogy have all the DLC with it?

#6589 Tallkido

Tallkido

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2012 - 11:38 PM

when do all the deals for friday go live?
Posted Image

#6590 aus_nacht

aus_nacht

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2012 - 11:44 PM

Will the Mass Effect Trilogy have all the DLC with it?

No, but it's so complex it would be better for you to google the info.
"Just a heads up: we're gonna have a superconductor turned up full blast and pointed at you for the duration of this next test. I'll be honest - we're throwing science at the wall here to see what sticks. No idea what it'll do. Probably nothing. Best-case scenario, you might get some superpowers. Worst case, some tumors, which we'll cut out. " - C. Johnson

#6591 NeoGutsman

NeoGutsman

CAG Backlogger

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2012 - 11:52 PM

That can only tell you if it is steam for sure. There are many games that register on steam but are not labeled as such. Please refrain from spreading misinformation.

The best source of stuff on Amazon known to register on steam is this GAF post.

Woah, take it easy! You make it sound like I'm poisoning the stream :P

#6592 mm3n

mm3n

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 12:03 AM

Hey Tony,

It's really cool to see NBA 2k13 discounted! But any hopes for cheap 2k12? $5 will be a killer deal and insta-buy for many people, plus there is a new game from the series already, it should be fine for the previous to be discounted :)

#6593 Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon Official Rep

Posted 23 November 2012 - 12:05 AM

Amazon prices seem be be hand-edited, so typically between midnight and 1AM PST, longer if they are swamped, say on Black Friday. By way of note, GamersGate also seems to hand edit sales in. In contrast Steam seems to have some scheduling system (but are prone to hand edits and fixing).

Negative, they are systematically changed for stuff we have planned deals on. PMs are also systematically done but when they get called out here I usually pop in and do them manually :).

Cheers,
Tony
Cheers,
Tony - "T-Money"

#6594 TraBuch

TraBuch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 12:06 AM

Hey Tony, any plans for a Fall of Cybertron deal within the next few months? I know it's Activision so it's pretty unlikely, but thought I'd ask anyways.

#6595 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 12:07 AM

Hey guys,

We aren't matching the flash deals due to their nature.

Good to know, thanks. I'll just keep my fingers crossed that the Warlock DLC I want comes in the form of a daily deal. ;)

#6596 superhippy1986

superhippy1986

Collecting Panties

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 12:10 AM

Negative, they are systematically changed for stuff we have planned deals on. PMs are also systematically done but when they get called out here I usually pop in and do them manually :).

Cheers,
Tony

Hey Mr Amazon rep... Will Borderlands 2 be back? And will it also lower in price for people who just want to buy it? As in lower then $35.
Bethesda Excuse defined..

http://www.urbandict...Bethesda Excuse

#6597 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

BURN ALL THE BABIES

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 12:11 AM

Oh I know, just surprises me how long ago GameFly had that price and how Amazon hasn't been able to get close to it. I already bought it on GameFly, so I'm not complaining, just surprised at the price. Not even $5.

Because we all know Amazon typically sets the bar... lol.

Terraria - $1 (Steam),  X3: Terran Conflict - $2 (Steam)Fable: The Lost Chapters - $2 (Steam)

bZ2g3eF.png

#6598 Neuro5i5

Neuro5i5

pʎslǝxıɔ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 12:13 AM

Hey Mr Amazon rep... Will Borderlands 2 be back? And will it also lower in price for people who just want to buy it? As in lower then $35.

OP says it'll be live tomorrow @$30.

#6599 SpartenOmega117

SpartenOmega117

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 12:13 AM

Hmm... Max Payne 3 worth it?

#6600 asheskitty

asheskitty

Friend of NakedBladeEyes

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 12:23 AM

Cheers,
Tony

Interesting. Thanks for that. I guess the cases that required manual intervention stick out in my mind. I remember refresh monkeying a few of your deals around 12:30-40 AM PST.

GamersGate is really quite the hoot to watch. You can refresh and see human-time 4 daily deals changing over. Sometimes with short lived pricing errors (too high or low). Given that it happens at 8AM in Brittan, it seems plausible.

Looking forward to Dark Souls:Prepare to Die =)