Photo
- - - - -

Amazon PCDD $12.49 Walking Dead ($7.49 after coupon)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
18397 replies to this topic

#7501 Dev518

Dev518

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2012 - 05:11 AM

Any opinions of Syndicate? I really don't care that it's not faithful to the original and I enjoy shooters.

#7502 TheKbob

TheKbob

Rock On, Duder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2012 - 05:19 AM

Any opinions of Syndicate? I really don't care that it's not faithful to the original and I enjoy shooters.

I picked it up, haven't played it. $5 is usually as cheap as EA games go online, rarely $2.50.

From what I have heard it's solid, but better in coop.
Posted Image

#7503 Dev518

Dev518

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2012 - 05:21 AM

I picked it up, haven't played it. $5 is usually as cheap as EA games go online, rarely $2.50.

From what I have heard it's solid, but better in coop.

hmmm. I won't have any friends to play with on PC. Maybe I'll just wait for the 360 version to drop.

#7504 r9800pro

r9800pro

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2012 - 05:37 AM

Am I the only one with 4 2TB drives? (8 TB total)?

6x 1.0 TB, 3x 2.0TB and 1x 3.0TB

7 Internal and 3 External :lol:

Does anybody know why Steam extended their sale and whether Amazon will continue to price match or not ?

fs_pc.png

#7505 60fps

60fps

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2012 - 05:43 AM

6x 1.0 TB, 3x 2.0TB and 1x 3.0TB

7 Internal and 3 External :lol:

Does anybody know why Steam extended their sale and whether Amazon will continue to price match or not ?

It wasn't extended. The new deals ended on the 26th. They just don't expire until the 27th.

#7506 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

BURN ALL THE BABIES

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2012 - 06:01 AM

When does BF3 Premium go off sale? I don't see an end date in the OP.

Terraria - $1 (Steam),  X3: Terran Conflict - $2 (Steam)Fable: The Lost Chapters - $2 (Steam)

bZ2g3eF.png

#7507 anarch

anarch

And all that could have been...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2012 - 06:07 AM

This isn't as good a deal as 1600 MS points for $10, BUT, you can buy 400 MS points for $4.99 and it still kicks out a $5 January game download coupon.

#7508 MHC

MHC

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2012 - 06:15 AM

I managed a brief look at Syndicate's co-op earlier. Looks like very few people playing (Hopefully more after this sale and people download it) but it seems promising. Vaguely Left 4 Dead/Payday-esque in that you run around a reasonably sized map and it spits objectives at you and waves of enemies run at you to get murdered. Enemy variety seems fairly decent and the few guns I messed with had fairly distinct handling.

Way too much bloom and way too low FOV though.

#7509 heroes159

heroes159

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2012 - 06:20 AM

TONY, U r Like Chuck Norris, U r like Superman.. I want u to hit hard ON Activition. I know u can do it. Save Us. Bring Us that COD bundle. U already hit EA.. U did it with ME & dragon age. Bring Us a Modern warfare bundle for 14.99. If u can do it on the next Sale, Im gonna Ask Amazon to send me 4to of u. And Im gonna Enlarge it & Hang it on my wall & Pray to that every morning & night. :D :D U r like Zeus Man. Do it . Bring Down the Greedy Activition to their Feet :P

#7510 xanchui

xanchui

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2012 - 06:23 AM

I decided to pass on syndicate myself, maybe it will get added to the 2012 list though and end up free after coupon in January. I used the rest of my amazon credit on 3 more copies of Zeno Clash for giveaways though, link in sig =)

76561198013594274.png

#7511 Rockopotamus

Rockopotamus

My riffs are bottomless.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2012 - 06:24 AM

Seriously... Can someone explain why I'm charged tax for digital game downloads when I'm not for digital music downloads?

#7512 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

BURN ALL THE BABIES

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2012 - 06:34 AM

Any worthwhile $0.99-$3 games worth buying for coupons before the sale is over?

Terraria - $1 (Steam),  X3: Terran Conflict - $2 (Steam)Fable: The Lost Chapters - $2 (Steam)

bZ2g3eF.png

#7513 UW_Shocks

UW_Shocks

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2012 - 06:40 AM

TONY, U r Like Chuck Norris, U r like Superman......

D00D! Tony is Mr. T !

A very cool Skyrim Mod:

Falskaar

http://skyrim.nexusm...com/mods/37994/

#7514 CheapThomas

CheapThomas

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2012 - 06:52 AM

Any worthwhile $0.99-$3 games worth buying for coupons before the sale is over?

just picked up desperados 2 and the two silverfall games for 2.50 a piece.

might pick up war in north but I got a feeling it'll be up again come jan...

#7515 G_freemanX

G_freemanX

HAF LAFE 3 pls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2012 - 06:53 AM

So, what are the plans for this weekend?, sadly it cant get any better than this...

#7516 NeoGutsman

NeoGutsman

CAG Backlogger

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2012 - 06:53 AM

Amazon has been very, very good to me this Thanksgiving. I now consider Amazon DVG shopping part of my Thanksgiving weekend tradition:

• Eat
  • Food coma
  • Waking up every 15 minutes to check this thread for recommendations and little gems
  • Eating again
  • Small food coma relapse
  • Purchasing something MysterD recommends
  • Registering that game on Steam
  • Deleting game in Steam library from last sale to make room for new purchase above
  • Downloading...
  • Snack/meal (one and the same at this point)
  • Binge digital game purchase of handfuls of bundles tabbed in Chrome
  • "What the hell am I doing?!"
  • Check forum again. F5 on last page to catch straggling posts.
  • Click on phantom page/click on advance arrow with no results.
  • "Really, what the hell am I doing?!"
  • Fall asleep registering new game bundle Tony launches.
  • "What the hell have I done?"
  • Let purchase shame give way to satisfaction of even longer Steam/Origin library list.
  • Feel a pinch of shame at all the light grey entries in Steam library list.
  • Swear to "get to them soon".
  • "Yep, I really did it this time..."

#7517 Arben

Arben

notArtist

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2012 - 06:57 AM

Seriously... Can someone explain why I'm charged tax for digital game downloads when I'm not for digital music downloads?

Our apologies. We'll start taxing your music downloads immediately.

#7518 asheskitty

asheskitty

Friend of NakedBladeEyes

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2012 - 07:06 AM

http://www.amazon.co...l?nodeId=468512

#7519 UW_Shocks

UW_Shocks

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2012 - 07:24 AM

......sadly it cant get any better than this...

Amazon Winter Sale!!!! Last year was epic!

A very cool Skyrim Mod:

Falskaar

http://skyrim.nexusm...com/mods/37994/

#7520 Rockopotamus

Rockopotamus

My riffs are bottomless.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2012 - 07:28 AM

Our apologies. We'll start taxing your music downloads immediately.

Figured I'd get a response along those lines. :P Really though, it seems like they're just winging it rather than going by any real legal basis. I don't see how it could apply to only some digital goods rather than all of them. For that matter, I don't understand why it applies to any digital goods at all.

Maybe this isn't the place to ask and I apologize if I am contributing to a thread derailment, but I'd sincerely like to know. I love Amazon and think their prices are great and I will continue to purchase from them (including PCDD). But if I'm going to keep the CA in CAG then I'm going to go with the cheaper, tax-free alternative if given the choice.

#7521 walkonshadows

walkonshadows

Terminal CAGtosis

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2012 - 07:29 AM

Just a heads up for those of you buying games that have to be activated on origin. You might want to run it in a Virtual Machine environment, because it apparently (or allegedly I should say) likes to comb through your system alphabetically. For what reason it would need to do this, your guess is as good as mine. This isn't my photo. It was posted on the Steam forums for Kingdoms of Amalur 11 hours ago (A thread for this bundle on sale actually). But when someone told me a month ago that Origin did this stuff and sent the info back to EA, I bought non-origin copies of all my games (Mirror's Edge, Alice:Madness Returns,etc) and un-installed Origin.

I've been thinking recently games like Mass Effect 3 and Dragon's Age 2 that can't be had anywhere else, so I thought about re-installing Origin, but definitely in a "safe" environment all to itself. Informed customers are the best kind. Thought you should know. And just to be clear, this isn't to steer people away from Origin, hell I'm seriously thinking about re-installing it. But if it's still the "root-ware" it's made out to be, I want to keep it isolated from anything it has no business snooping into and sending wherever without my approval. Amalur still would cost over $80 for the base game and all DLC on Steam. Re-installing Origin for this deal is worth it.....if it can be relegated to just being a client and not mal-ware.....allegedly.
http://www2.picturep...x/originwhy.png
http://steamcommunit...57049687288/#p1

Anyone who wants a 72-Hour guest pass to The Secret World, just PM me your email.

LeCuPXZ.jpgUUVGik1.jpgDEjnR1E.jpg

CEh38V2.jpgKxJkMdH.jpgJtnnbZt.jpg

#7522 darkling23

darkling23

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2012 - 07:37 AM

That picture was floating around when Origin first came out. It's fake. Origin does not do this. Seriously. :P

#7523 lwhitit

lwhitit

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2012 - 07:45 AM

Dongle butt...heehee

What's the one that you use? Third-party or MS'? or did you buy a 360 Controller for Windows and it came with one?

I get deals on microsoft stuff so i bought the controller for windows pack and sold the extra controller.

Its a great investment if you have an xbox and dont mind moving controllers around or have/want an extra.

#7524 walkonshadows

walkonshadows

Terminal CAGtosis

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2012 - 07:51 AM

That picture was floating around when Origin first came out. It's fake. Origin does not do this. Seriously. :P

Well, I didn't include Amalur in the list cause it only requires an Origin Account and an online activation (something Mirror's Edge and Alice: Madness Returns also did, they did not need the client open to run). But I'm still gonna sandbox the hell out of the client. Can't be to careful. Also, is Steam the only place to pick up the Weapons & Armor bundle?

Anyone who wants a 72-Hour guest pass to The Secret World, just PM me your email.

#7525 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Slut Shamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2012 - 07:54 AM

Well, I didn't include Amalur in the list cause it only requires an Origin Account and an online activation (something Mirror's Edge and Alice: Madness Returns also did, they did not need the client open to run). But I'm still gonna sandbox the hell out of the client. Can't be to careful. Also, is Steam the only place to pick up the Weapons & Armor bundle?

Do you sandbox Steam?

And Origin sells it too ( Weapons and Armor).

Learn how to get FREE and CHEAP games with Tremorgames: http://www.cheapassg...tremorgamescom/

#7526 walkonshadows

walkonshadows

Terminal CAGtosis

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2012 - 08:03 AM

Do you sandbox Steam?

And Origin sells it too ( Weapons and Armor).

Oh, I'm not partial. I'll throw Steam into a VM too. Paranoia knows no bounds.

#7527 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Slut Shamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2012 - 08:14 AM

No judgment. I was just curious. I have a hard enough time keeping up with all these clients. Running them all in VM would just make me give up...lol

Learn how to get FREE and CHEAP games with Tremorgames: http://www.cheapassg...tremorgamescom/

#7528 Severose

Severose

I'm okie dokie and loopy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2012 - 08:22 AM

Lmfao... Knowing this just made my night. :lol:

CAG: a place to buy/sell/trade games the right way.

GMG ref link: $2 when you spend $2, instantly!

3687091.png76561197965577424.png

#7529 jatan11t

jatan11t

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2012 - 09:53 AM

The only way to be safe is to completely disconnect yourself from the internet! Don't take that chance!

#7530 zenii

zenii

cynical sam

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2012 - 10:05 AM

Let's all put on our tinfoil hats now.