Photo
- - - - -

Amazon PCDD $12.49 Walking Dead ($7.49 after coupon)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
18397 replies to this topic

#7591 CheapThomas

CheapThomas

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2012 - 10:58 PM

looks like Amazon now carries dungeon siege 1 & 2 (no expansions) and they're steam keys.

Tony, how about a siege bundle? maybe even throw space siege in there for a few cents ;)

http://www.amazon.co... siege download

http://www.amazon.co... siege download

#7592 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2012 - 11:08 PM

$30 base price each? Is that a joke? I'm guessing it's just the Dungeon Siege bundle that is sold through Steam that has all three for $30. Still, would like to see the first two offered individually at no more than $10 each... but I guess that's entirely up to whether or not there are separate Steam keys/entries for them.

#7593 Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon Official Rep

• Retailer Representative

Posted 29 November 2012 - 12:16 AM

$30 base price each? Is that a joke? I'm guessing it's just the Dungeon Siege bundle that is sold through Steam that has all three for $30. Still, would like to see the first two offered individually at no more than $10 each... but I guess that's entirely up to whether or not there are separate Steam keys/entries for them.

All of those pages will generate individual keys.

Also, regarding the $30 pricetag...there's a reason you haven't seen me in here talking about them Mooby!

Cheers,
Tony
Cheers,
Tony - "T-Money"
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter:
www.twitter.com/amazongames
http://www.facebook....?ref=ts&fref=ts

#7594 puzurinsusinak

puzurinsusinak

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 29 November 2012 - 12:15 AM

I'd second the motion for a Dungeon Siege pack. How about one-upping Steam and doing Dungeon Siege 3 + Treasures of the Sun DLC for $5?

#7595 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2012 - 12:22 AM

Haha, thanks! I'm surprised Squeenix is so delusional about setting a price like that when they've sold Deus Ex HR for $5.

Also, if you're still lurking, I'll shamelessly bump my question from last page:

Tony,

Sort of a general question about Amazon DD -- are you able to offer indie developer games where the developer self publishes? Examples being Robot Entertainment (Orcs Must Die, Hero Academy), Ronimo Games (Awesomenauts, Swords and Soldiers), etc.

Fake Edit -- Actually now that I ask I see you offer Vessel so it looks like, in some cases, you do. Are you able to say why Amazon doesn't offer some other stuff? Just wondering since most of the other DD storefronts carry them.

Would love to see the aforementioned and something like Miner Wars 2081, too (you already carry their 'arena' style game although that's published by a third party whereas the full fledged 2081 game is self-published (at least on Steam and elsewhere). I understand if you aren't able to comment on it.

Real Edit -- (Also also would like to see a Steam version of Alpha BROtocol which is published by SEGA).

#7596 asheskitty

asheskitty

Level 3 SJW Social_Justice_Warrior

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2012 - 12:22 AM

Actually I find it kinda interesting since DS1 & DS2 had only been available on Steam with the DS3 pre-order (and some DS3 complete thing since release). No expansions though.

#7597 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2012 - 12:25 AM

I also believe they have multiplayer disabled.

#7598 asheskitty

asheskitty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2012 - 12:29 AM

I also believe they have multiplayer disabled.

Right, I recall that. I still have my retail discs so the lure fell kinda flat. If it was DS1 & DS2 complete on steam, it might be a different story. My DS3 order from last Jan (Amazon) didn't include them.

#7599 motoki

motoki

A New Game Everyday

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2012 - 12:53 AM

Right, I recall that. I still have my retail discs so the lure fell kinda flat. If it was DS1 & DS2 complete on steam, it might be a different story. My DS3 order from last Jan (Amazon) didn't include them.

Broken World installs on top of the Steam DS2. I ended up being one cheap for like $3 of Amazon (boxed retail).

The multiplayer I heard you can set something up with hamachi or some such but not a multiplayer person so I didn't mess with it.

I don't think there's a way to get the expansion for the Steam DS1 because they never released it separately. I guess you could probably install DS1 with Legends of Aranna over the Steam version though. *shrug*

Anyway, I'm glad I got them on Steam and would rather have them than not but then again I lost my old discs for them long ago. If I still had them might not have been worth it.

#7600 Horsewarrior of Janjaweed

Horsewarrior of Janjaweed

Posted 29 November 2012 - 01:02 AM

No discount on Far Cry 3?

#7601 equalsP

equalsP

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2012 - 02:41 PM

Broken World installs on top of the Steam DS2. I ended up being one cheap for like $3 of Amazon (boxed retail).

The multiplayer I heard you can set something up with hamachi or some such but not a multiplayer person so I didn't mess with it.

I don't think there's a way to get the expansion for the Steam DS1 because they never released it separately. I guess you could probably install DS1 with Legends of Aranna over the Steam version though. *shrug*

Anyway, I'm glad I got them on Steam and would rather have them than not but then again I lost my old discs for them long ago. If I still had them might not have been worth it.

I have the Bundled steam copy of DS1, and the multiple option in the menu is disabled. Everything is still in there so you can put a switch on the shortcut to load directly to the multiplayer and then play. I think they did this because the matchmaking service doesn't exist anymore, but you can still do LAN (and over internet through hamachi and other similar services).

I would be interested to know if these are the same versions, or non-gimped CD versions.

#7602 CheapThomas

CheapThomas

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2012 - 05:17 PM

I have the Bundled steam copy of DS1, and the multiple option in the menu is disabled. Everything is still in there so you can put a switch on the shortcut to load directly to the multiplayer and then play. I think they did this because the matchmaking service doesn't exist anymore, but you can still do LAN (and over internet through hamachi and other similar services).

I would be interested to know if these are the same versions, or non-gimped CD versions.

They're steam keys so unless steam has updated their packs, I'd guess it's the same limited version.

Despite the reviews, I actually enjoyed however much I played of DS2 (never finished it) - prob cause by the time I got around to playing it, I was desperate for any DS.

Tony, please consider bringing over more of the older game bundles as well - I'm thinking the quest series (kings, space, police, glory, etc.) and i'd love to have a bundle of the old city building games like pharaoh and caesar; anyone remember those?

#7603 Corpekata

Corpekata

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2012 - 05:17 PM

They're Steam keys, they're clearly the gimped versions, unless Steam is also updating the game.

#7604 Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon Official Rep

Posted 29 November 2012 - 05:26 PM

They're steam keys so unless steam has updated their packs, I'd guess it's the same limited version.

Despite the reviews, I actually enjoyed however much I played of DS2 (never finished it) - prob cause by the time I got around to playing it, I was desperate for any DS.

Tony, please consider bringing over more of the older game bundles as well - I'm thinking the quest series (kings, space, police, glory, etc.) and i'd love to have a bundle of the old city building games like pharaoh and caesar; anyone remember those?

For sure :) we're always working on getting more selection.

Cheers,
Tony
Cheers,
Tony - "T-Money"

#7605 Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon Official Rep

Posted 29 November 2012 - 06:34 PM

Hey CAGS,

Just wanted to give you a heads up that Double Fine has agreed to partner with Amazon on a question and answer session with Ron Gilbert regarding the upcoming title "The Cave".

If any of you want to ask questions about the game post them in the comments and I'll get them over to the Double Fine team ASAP.

We need to have all questions in by early tomorrow morning PST.

Cheers,
Tony
Cheers,
Tony - "T-Money"

#7606 megahunter

megahunter

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 29 November 2012 - 06:50 PM

If, by any chance, someone wants to get rid of a Naval War Artic Circle key (Paradox Seas Bundle) I'd be happy to take it of their hands. PM for details/offers. ;)

#7607 Lone_Prodigy

Lone_Prodigy

Posted 29 November 2012 - 07:04 PM

Hey Tony,

Any chance on a price-match for the Humble THQ Bundle?

;)

#7608 UW_Shocks

UW_Shocks

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2012 - 07:14 PM

Hey Tony,

Any chance on a price-match for the Humble THQ Bundle?

;)

Good joke!! :lol:

A very cool Skyrim Mod:

Falskaar

http://skyrim.nexusm...com/mods/37994/

#7609 asheskitty

asheskitty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2012 - 07:32 PM

Apparently some CAGs have no shame when hoarding $5 Jan coupons. ^_~

#7610 audio vicious

audio vicious

Posted 29 November 2012 - 07:33 PM

A friend of mine goes nuts over the Paradox games, shared these with him, he was very happy. He says the Warchest is where its at.

I love Civilization, but have never played any of those. I'm a big start fan. Those worth it?

#7611 UW_Shocks

UW_Shocks

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2012 - 07:48 PM

^^^^
Ya the Paradox Bundles are awesome! Great games!

One thing I would like to see is a Paradox SPACE Bundle:
-----> Sword of the Stars 1 - Complete Collection, Sword of the Stars 2, Starvoid, Dark Horizon, and any other games.

I'll leave the price up to Tony, but I would think it would fall in line with the existing bundles.
Would love to see this bundle in time for Christmas!

A very cool Skyrim Mod:

Falskaar

http://skyrim.nexusm...com/mods/37994/

#7612 headpiece747

headpiece747

I'm always angry

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2012 - 09:10 PM

Hey CAGS,

Just wanted to give you a heads up that Double Fine has agreed to partner with Amazon on a question and answer session with Ron Gilbert regarding the upcoming title "The Cave".

If any of you want to ask questions about the game post them in the comments and I'll get them over to the Double Fine team ASAP.

We need to have all questions in by early tomorrow morning PST.

Cheers,
Tony

After watching the trailer, What is the background story of The Cave and characters?

It says The Cave is coming to PC will there be any enhances (such as hi-res textures, triple monitor support or similar) for the PC version?

Will it be available on Steam and if so be Steamworks with achievements?

It says you can play with three characters at one time so will be Online Co-op and/or Local Co-op?

Thanks Tony and Double Fine for the Q&A.

fss.png

Ecliptic Sight | Art by Ecliptic Sight |              sig.png

#7613 Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon Official Rep

Posted 29 November 2012 - 09:13 PM

After watching the trailer, What is the background story of The Cave and characters?

It says The Cave is coming to PC will there be any enhances (such as hi-res textures, triple monitor support or similar) for the PC version?

Will it be available on Steam and if so be Steamworks with achievements?

It says you can play with three characters at one time so will be Online Co-op and/or Local Co-op?

Thanks Tony and Double Fine for the Q&A.

Thanks man! If you know anyone else interested in this game hit them up. I'd like to have a good long list for Ron to look at :).

Cheers,
Tony
Cheers,
Tony - "T-Money"

#7614 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2012 - 09:21 PM

Ask Ron why he signed over the rights of Deathspank to Hothead. They made the poor decision to go with EA as publisher and even after two years the lowest discount they've gotten is 50% off (stuff like Mass Effect and Dead Space has been cheaper).

Sad panda.

Deathspanks 1 and 2... on Amazon... with Steam keys... at 75% off = happy panda!

#7615 nbread

nbread

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2012 - 09:33 PM

A friend of mine goes nuts over the Paradox games, shared these with him, he was very happy. He says the Warchest is where its at.

I love Civilization, but have never played any of those. I'm a big start fan. Those worth it?

I've only played Crusader Kings 2, and I love it. I've put ~50 hours in so far and still not getting tired of it. The Civ series may be my all-time favorite games, you may want to check out CK2 (which is part of the Plentiful package).

#7616 Mordant

Mordant

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 29 November 2012 - 09:37 PM

Any sneak peaks into next Black Friday$ (or was it only before THE Black Friday?) / weekend deals?

Can we expect updates to Editor's Choice list, and if so, when?
At the moment I would be interested in only 3 titles (Dark Souls, Darksiders2, Darkness2) while having ~7 or so coupons. And we still have whole month left! ;)

#7617 walkonshadows

walkonshadows

Terminal CAGtosis

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2012 - 10:29 PM

Ask Ron why he signed over the rights of Deathspank to Hothead. They made the poor decision to go with EA as publisher and even after two years the lowest discount they've gotten is 50% off (stuff like Mass Effect and Dead Space has been cheaper).

Sad panda.

Deathspanks 1 and 2... on Amazon... with Steam keys... at 75% off = happy panda!

:rofl:Good luck getting that answered!

So, umm...Is it too early to ask when next years Black Friday Deals start.....might I suggest "Slightly Gray Wednesday?

Anyone who wants a 72-Hour guest pass to The Secret World, just PM me your email.

LeCuPXZ.jpgUUVGik1.jpgDEjnR1E.jpg

CEh38V2.jpgKxJkMdH.jpgJtnnbZt.jpg

#7618 The End

The End

It's a Prairie Dog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2012 - 10:36 PM

:rofl:Good luck getting that answered!

So, umm...Is it too early to ask when next years Black Friday Deals start.....might I suggest "Slightly Gray Wednesday?

Off-white Tuesday.

57j.gif

#7619 MysterD

MysterD

CAG's "Favorite" DRM-Cashew & Cylon-Toaster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2012 - 10:58 PM

@TONY
Anything awesome coming up for PC digital download tomorrow during GameSpot & Amazon Black Friday that you are allowed to give us the scoop on?

#7620 Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon Official Rep

Posted 29 November 2012 - 10:59 PM

@TONY
Anything awesome coming up for PC digital download tomorrow during GameSpot & Amazon Black Friday that you are allowed to give us the scoop on?

It rhymes with Mech Pops Duh Brine and it will be a Lincoln.

Cheers,
Tony
Cheers,
Tony - "T-Money"