Photo
- - - - -

Amazon PCDD $12.49 Walking Dead ($7.49 after coupon)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
18397 replies to this topic

#751 shaggyc

shaggyc

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 11:12 AM

Yeah I'd love to see a price match on Spec Ops: The Line. For $7.49 I'm definitely not going to pass it up this time, but I'd rather give Amazon my money if possible. :D

Agreed. Id love to pick this up from amazon at this point. Bioshock 1 and 2 are 4.99 each. Im probably the only one that did not buy them at this price already though....
Posted Image

#752 Luckz

Luckz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 11:31 AM

So a 25% off code would make it $9.89. A good deal, close to Amazon's previous $10 deal. BUT GMG did once offer it for $7.50 on September 11, after their 25% off code: http://slickdeals.ne...igital-download

I believe Australian Steam had the SR3 franchise pack (so ~all the DLCs?) for $9 once ^_^
I paid $50 for the game plus the season pack & funtime pack as preorder bonuses, and then various further monies for DLC

For those wondering how/why people are selling XCOM so cheap, it's ~$19 from the Steam store in Russia and the game has no region restrictions. Users there buy it from Steam and resell it for $28-30 to make a quick profit.

I don't think things that violate the Steam subscriber agreement (like re-selling Steam gifts) are a very good thing to promote here. Fortunately we also have insightful comments like yours and not just advertisements for RU gift buying like the posts before.

P.S.: I'd still consider it quite possible that the Russian Steam gift version will end up having some extra restriction applied on launch, it's happened before - like a limitation to being playable in Russian only or to only run from RU/CIS IPs. The Russian retail version will only run from Russian/CIS IPs.

True but although it is not region locked, it is still tagged (RU or something else) because the Sub ID is different. There is also another "locked" version of the game that was sold/will be sold at one point

Region Free: http://cdr.thebronasium.com/sub/16558

Locked: http://cdr.thebronasium.com/sub/16583

It is too risky

I believe the 'Locked' one is a test version used internally ("ReleaseStateOverride" for both 16582 and 16583), and the real retail (with preorder bonuses?) will be 16376 :D

#753 manbar

manbar

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 12:46 PM

Yeah I'd love to see a price match on Spec Ops: The Line. For $7.49 I'm definitely not going to pass it up this time, but I'd rather give Amazon my money if possible. :D

I agree.... please price match for this game and Darkness II.

Thanks.

#754 Drabelincoln

Drabelincoln

Town Drunk

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 12:47 PM

Agreed

#755 wankerjr

wankerjr

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 01:01 PM

I agree.... please price match for this game and Darkness II.

Thanks.

Agreed

Seconded.

#756 monkeyz

monkeyz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 01:12 PM

May I kindly request a PM on Spec Ops, Darkness II, and Civ 5 for $7.49 from gamefly.com.

Tony,
I fifth this motion, a PM would be amazing, been wanting Spec Ops pretty bad, and the others are great deals that should be matched too. I know you are already going to PM battlefield 3 tomorrow, so that is cool to.
-monkeyz

#757 r9800pro

r9800pro

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 01:29 PM

Tony,
I fifth this motion, a PM would be amazing, been wanting Spec Ops pretty bad, and the others are great deals that should be matched too. I know you are already going to PM battlefield 3 tomorrow, so that is cool to.
-monkeyz

I sixth, seventh and eighth this coz I have 3 friends who want Spec Ops :lol:

fs_pc.png

#758 MysterD

MysterD

CAG's "Favorite" DRM-Cashew & Cylon-Toaster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 01:42 PM

So when can we see a $10 Skryim TRU pricematch?

Amazon DVG needs to sign Zenimax/Bethesda FIRST to a digital download distribution deal here...

#759 HisDivineOrder

HisDivineOrder

Embrace the Dealness

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 02:03 PM

May I kindly request a PM on Spec Ops, Darkness II, and Civ 5 for $7.49 from gamefly.com.

I concur!

#760 MysterD

MysterD

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 02:27 PM

Is that OCTOFUN1 coupon still active?

#761 Daf

Daf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 03:00 PM

I concur!

Ye I second that, wanted to buy it on the last sale
I.Z.Z.O
Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

#762 Fozbot

Fozbot

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 03:07 PM

Is that OCTOFUN1 coupon still active?

I used it this morning.. and it was working.

#763 MysterD

MysterD

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 03:09 PM

I used it this morning.. and it was working.

Good to know and to keep in mind...! :D

#764 MysterD

MysterD

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 03:10 PM

I concur!

Does that make me #10 for wanting a PM on Spec Ops: The Line, then? ;)

#765 jrodri86

jrodri86

Meh, i'll wait to get it for a cheaper price.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 03:11 PM

+1. :lol:

#766 Snowmaru

Snowmaru

Posted 05 October 2012 - 03:14 PM

Add another support to the Gamefly price match request for me. Would much rather deal with Amazon than go through with making a new account there. Either way, $7.49 is too good to pass on.

#767 MysterD

MysterD

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 03:19 PM

If Tony does actually price-match Spec Ops: The Line, would "OCTOFUN1" work on it? :P

#768 Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon Official Rep

• Retailer Representative

Posted 05 October 2012 - 03:25 PM

Hey guys,

Email sent on the GF and Steam PMs. Like I said I'm currently OOTO (for any of you not on a beach right now I'm sorry!).

I'll check back in via mobile later today to see what's up. Happy Friday everyone!

Cheers,
Tony
Cheers,
Tony - "T-Money"
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter:
www.twitter.com/amazongames
http://www.facebook....?ref=ts&fref=ts

#769 The End

The End

It's a Prairie Dog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 03:29 PM

If Tony does actually price-match Spec Ops: The Line, would "OCTOFUN1" work on it? :P

Unless they revoke that code before the price match goes live, I don't see why not. They have allowed promo codes to stack with price matches in the past.

#770 MysterD

MysterD

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 03:29 PM

Hey guys,
Like I said I'm currently OOTO (for any of you not on a beach right now I'm sorry!).

Oh, sure...rub it in that you're on the beach right now, why don't you... :(

#771 shaggyc

shaggyc

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 03:32 PM

Hey guys,

Email sent on the GF and Steam PMs. Like I said I'm currently OOTO (for any of you not on a beach right now I'm sorry!).

I'll check back in via mobile later today to see what's up. Happy Friday everyone!

Cheers,
Tony

You rock. My 90 bux in amazon credit is itching to be burned. :-)

I live close to the beach... hope you are fishing. Fall is the best time of the year for it!! :-)
Posted Image

#772 Anthonomy

Anthonomy

Posted 05 October 2012 - 03:40 PM

Understand Black Friday, but I'm going to start responding to these posts by asking you to name a couple of deals Steam has had that have been better than anything we've run since January...

Cheers,
Tony

Steam summer sale had Saint's Row the Third with ALL DLC for $13.29. That was never matched although I remember it being mentioned for Amazon's Labor Day sale. I guess it never went through. :P

#773 Zipomatic2

Zipomatic2

Really, Really Cheap

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 03:46 PM

Strangely, I've been buying a whole bunch of my digital games from Gamefly lately. With the "$5 Fridays" and then the "Weekend Sales"

In the past few weeks I've grabbed NBA2K12 for $5, Lego Harry Potter (s) at 75% off, same with Lego Batman 2 ($7.49) and now Spec Ops: the line for $7.49.

When I compare that to Steam (nothing since the summer sale) and even Amazon to an extent (excellent prices, but games I already own) Gamefly has been really good with prices lately.

Weird, eh?
Posted Image

If it's not 75% off, or less that $10, I ain't buying it!

#774 Pajama_Man

Pajama_Man

Posted 05 October 2012 - 05:30 PM

Wooo I can't wait!
Join the CAG's Steam Community HERE!
Posted Image

#775 Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon Official Rep

• Retailer Representative

Posted 05 October 2012 - 05:32 PM

THQ stuff is matched. Hamsters are sprinting like madmen.

Cheers,
Tony
Cheers,
Tony - "T-Money"
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter:
www.twitter.com/amazongames
http://www.facebook....?ref=ts&fref=ts

#776 pinkgun

pinkgun

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 05:39 PM

THQ stuff is matched. Hamsters are sprinting like madmen.

Cheers,
Tony

Thanks Tony :applause:

#777 gilby

gilby

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 05:52 PM

Thanks for clarification. Steam is so complicated when it comes to region restrictions so I always stick with (ROW : Rest Of World) or untagged games in trading or buy from my own store
:hot:

How do you tell how a game is tagged on Steam?

#778 Hoarder

Hoarder

Steam Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 05:57 PM

Too bad OCTOFUN1 is limited to 1 time an account (or at least for me).

#779 KaOTiK

KaOTiK

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 06:04 PM

Looks like Amazon is not going to match the Darksiders 2 Season Pass at 50% off? :(

#780 Idx86

Idx86

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 06:12 PM

Let's see that price match on Spec Ops: The Line now. :)
Posted Image