Photo
- - - - -

Amazon PCDD $12.49 Walking Dead ($7.49 after coupon)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
18397 replies to this topic

#781 Corpekata

Corpekata

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 06:15 PM

Since I've never preordered with Amazon before, does Amazon do anything like releasing keys early if the game goes up for preload like XCOM just did on Steam? Or do they just stick to the normal release date?

#782 DropZite

DropZite

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 06:19 PM

Since I've never preordered with Amazon before, does Amazon do anything like releasing keys early if the game goes up for preload like XCOM just did on Steam? Or do they just stick to the normal release date?

Yup they sometimes do that.

For the gamefly sale price match, is it still coming?

#783 Seraphym

Seraphym

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 06:24 PM

Let's see that price match on Spec Ops: The Line now. :)

I think I'd finally bite on Spec Ops if it's PM'd. I wish I could add both Spec Ops and the EA pack to the same order for the coupon code tho. I think I'd use the coupon on those two if I could rather then hoping it stays live for the Batman pack.

They give you the keys as soon as they get them. We had BL2 keys 4-5 days before release.

#784 sunasun

sunasun

Count Burgula approves and endorses this member title

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 06:24 PM

Steam summer sale had Saint's Row the Third with ALL DLC for $13.29. That was never matched although I remember it being mentioned for Amazon's Labor Day sale. I guess it never went through. :P

Or how about 90% off just the dlc for us suckers who bought it too early? :bouncy:
spoderman And tebow like this

Bacon-Cheeseburger-160x160.jpegmidnightoriginal__94722.1354255776.178.1  mysterd likes this

#785 arsenhazzard

arsenhazzard

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 06:27 PM

How do you tell how a game is tagged on Steam?

Use http://cdr.thebronasium.com/sub/search

The easiest way to find the sub ID is to go to the appropriate regional Steam store, navigate to the game you want, and hover over the 'Add to cart' button. The address will be something resembling 'javascript:addToCart(SUB_ID_HERE);'. Just search for that sub ID on cdr.

The name for the sub will be the first line in the description section if you're viewing the game via someone's inventory or the trade window. Region restricted games will have a line that says 'onlyallowrunincountries' in the 'Extended Info' section at the bottom.

Note that this only applies to restrictions Steam enforces. If the game uses other DRM or online services (like GFWL), there may be other regional protections in place like IP blocks.

#786 gilby

gilby

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 06:38 PM

Use http://cdr.thebronasium.com/sub/search

The easiest way to find the sub ID is to go to the appropriate regional Steam store, navigate to the game you want, and hover over the 'Add to cart' button. The address will be something resembling 'javascript:addToCart(SUB_ID_HERE);'. Just search for that sub ID on cdr.

So I can assume that if the sub ID is the same in the US steam store and regional steam store it's the same item I and won't accidentally be getting a non-US game if trading?

#787 r9800pro

r9800pro

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 06:46 PM

So I can assume that if the sub ID is the same in the US steam store and regional steam store it's the same item I and won't accidentally be getting a non-US game if trading?

That's right. But you also need to check for any tags the games may have in Steam inventories. Sometimes Steam releases games untagged/region free then locks them or vice versa

It was really funny when they recently locked Borderlands 2 Season Pass, that NEVER happened before :D

fs_pc.png

#788 gilby

gilby

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 07:47 PM

That's right. But you also need to check for any tags the games may have in Steam inventories. Sometimes Steam releases games untagged/region free then locks them or vice versa

So take time to look at what is being offered in the trade interface. Pretty standard advice. The info on different regional versions of games is good stuff, though. Thanks.

#789 manbar

manbar

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 08:18 PM

Get Games offers Saints Row 3 for $10 including all DLC (or at least that is what they advertise). Match?

#790 Hoarder

Hoarder

Steam Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 08:32 PM

Get Games offers Saints Row 3 for $10 including all DLC (or at least that is what they advertise). Match?

Amazon will not match international sites such as GetGamesGo or GMG.

#791 jrodri86

jrodri86

Meh, i'll wait to get it for a cheaper price.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 08:34 PM

Amazon doesn't match International digital download deals - i.e. Gamersgate, GreenManGaming, GOG & GetGamesGo.

#792 manbar

manbar

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 08:36 PM

Amazon doesn't match International digital download deals - i.e. Gamersgate, GreenManGaming, GOG & GetGamesGo.

Thanks. A good deal, anyway. Let's hope GF deals are matched :lol:

#793 r9800pro

r9800pro

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 10:20 PM

The product page is currently down so I think it was an advertisement error. Get Games does not even carry all the individual DLCs for Saints Row 3

fs_pc.png

#794 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

Kawaii desu~

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 10:29 PM

It was really funny when they recently locked Borderlands 2 Season Pass, that NEVER happened before :D

Whoa, they did? So everyone getting them cheap from Russia got them locked?

Terraria - $2 (Steam),  X3: Terran Conflict - $2 (Steam)Fable: The Lost Chapters - $2 (Steam)

bZ2g3eF.png

#795 r9800pro

r9800pro

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 10:36 PM

Whoa, they did? So everyone getting them cheap from Russia got them locked?

Nope, it doesn't work that way

When a game is region free at first and people get them they are still region free, it is just that when somebody "buys" the new locked version that gets the different Sub ID

http://cdr.thebronas...729/cdr_id:7387

fs_pc.png

#796 Corpekata

Corpekata

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 10:41 PM

Regardless of GetGames, it appears that Saint's Row the Third has not been price matched to Steam's sale http://www.amazon.co...s row the third

We should at least be seeing that I assume.

#797 UW_Shocks

UW_Shocks

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 11:44 PM

Regardless of GetGames, it appears that Saint's Row the Third has not been price matched to Steam's sale http://www.amazon.co...s row the third

Also use the manual, "Tell us of a lower Price" button on the game page on Amazon's site

A very cool Skyrim Mod:

Falskaar

http://skyrim.nexusm...com/mods/37994/

#798 shaggyc

shaggyc

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2012 - 12:03 AM

Spec ops hasn't been matched either... Might just take a minute.

http://www.amazon.co...ywords=spec ops
Posted Image

#799 60fps

60fps

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2012 - 12:16 AM

Does the Anno 2070 Digital Deluxe edition include all the DLC associated with the game? I'm not familiar with the series, but I want to try it out.

#800 Blaster man

Blaster man

Posted 06 October 2012 - 12:25 AM

Darksiders 2 is $18.74 with coupon code octofun1.

#801 jrodri86

jrodri86

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2012 - 12:41 AM

Does the Anno 2070 Digital Deluxe edition include all the DLC associated with the game? I'm not familiar with the series, but I want to try it out.

Anno 2070 comes with some really bad DRM (Solidshield Tages 3 machines activations limit).

Take this in consideration before buying the game.

#802 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

Kawaii desu~

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2012 - 12:45 AM

Anno 2070 comes with some really bad DRM (Solidshield Tages 3 machines activations limit).

Take this in consideration before buying the game.

And last I heard, it had always on DRM.

Did that get patched out?

Terraria - $2 (Steam),  X3: Terran Conflict - $2 (Steam)Fable: The Lost Chapters - $2 (Steam)

bZ2g3eF.png

#803 jrodri86

jrodri86

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2012 - 12:53 AM

And last I heard, it had always on DRM.

Did that get patched out?

Nope, still has always online DRM, your save files are stored on the Ubi servers and you need to login everytime to play the game. If the servers are down you're pretty much screwed.

#804 shaggyc

shaggyc

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2012 - 12:58 AM

THQ stuff is matched. Hamsters are sprinting like madmen.

Cheers,
Tony

I must have missed the first time this was posted. What is the reference to hamsters with price matches?
Posted Image

#805 Larce80

Larce80

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2012 - 01:06 AM

what exactly is price matched?
Sign up at Greenmangaming with my link and we'll both get $2 credit when you make a purchase :)

#806 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

Kawaii desu~

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2012 - 01:09 AM

I must have missed the first time this was posted. What is the reference to hamsters with price matches?

Amazon is staffed by a crack team of highly intelligent hamsters.

bZ2g3eF.png

#807 Syntax Error

Syntax Error

Tortue d'Art

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2012 - 01:18 AM

I must have had a $5 promotional credit for getting an app or something because I had $5 "promotional" off Darksiders II and another $6.50 for the code bringing it to $13.74

SCOOOOOOOORRRREEEEEE!!!! :applause::applause::applause::applause:

#808 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Insufferable Asshole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2012 - 01:27 AM

I must have had a $5 promotional credit for getting an app or something because I had $5 "promotional" off Darksiders II and another $6.50 for the code bringing it to $13.74

SCOOOOOOOORRRREEEEEE!!!! :applause::applause::applause::applause:

I just checked and I believe that is the $5 pre order credit we got from buying the THQ pack. My page shows an additional $5 off of DSII as well and I got the THQ pack.

I have a handful of leftover July Madness Bundles - PM if interested

Learn how to get FREE and CHEAP games with Tremorgames: http://www.cheapassg...tremorgamescom/

#809 Syntax Error

Syntax Error

Tortue d'Art

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2012 - 01:37 AM

I didn't get the THQ pack though. Haven't bought any games from Amazon for a few weeks now. I do sometimes grab the Free App of the Day and my wife sometimes gets credit for doing that so I assumed that's it.

But I'm also happy to not overthink it and just enjoy my 73% savings :lol:

#810 The End

The End

It's a Prairie Dog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2012 - 01:37 AM

Is there a way to check what your promo credit is for? I have $24 in credit, but every time I try to check out with a game, it doesn't apply any of the credit. I can only assume that this is because that credit is only valid on certain items, but I'll be damned if I know what games they might be.