Photo
- - - - -

Amazon PCDD $12.49 Walking Dead ($7.49 after coupon)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
18397 replies to this topic

#8941 ochentay4

ochentay4

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2012 - 09:25 PM

Hi Tony, are these games going to get REALLY good deals this holidays?

Game of Thrones, Game of Thrones Genesis, Lego Lord of The Rings, Sniper Elite V2, Max Payne 3 + Season Pass (Steam and NON Steam), XCOM, NFS: Most Wanted, MoH Warfighter, Risen 2 + DOC, Inversion, Two Worlds 2 Velvet?

#8942 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2012 - 09:26 PM

None of the Prince of Persia games activates on steam correct?

What about Pyschonauts?

Says it right on the store page:

Psychonauts [Online Game Code]

by Double Fine Productions
Platform: Windows 98 / 2000 / Me / XP | Rated: Teen | DRM: Steam

#8943 radioactivez0r

radioactivez0r

Up and Atom!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2012 - 09:30 PM

Tony, are we seeing Sleeping Dogs on sale this holiday? It's been 66-75% off on plenty of sites, would love to see that on Amazon too!

Please provide a link to when Sleeping Dogs was ever 75% off.
Posted Image

#8944 kaydigi

kaydigi

BK All Day

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2012 - 09:31 PM

Says it right on the store page:

Why'd they put it up there instead of System requirements box? Thanks I scrolled right past it.

#8945 Gvaz

Gvaz

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 16 December 2012 - 09:32 PM

Hey tony thanks for the sale on Endless Space, it's a wonderful game, though I already own it.
CPU: i5 3750k @ 4.2GHz | RAM: DDR3 8GB (9-9-9-24) | GPU: ATI HD4890 @ 1920x1200
Posted Image

#8946 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

75% on Sreeping Dawgs hasn't happened but it's been as low as $14-$15 which is like... 70% off.

#8947 clonesniper666

clonesniper666

Final Fantasy Fanatic

• CAGiversary!

Hi Tony, are these games going to get REALLY good deals this holidays?

Game of Thrones, Game of Thrones Genesis, Lego Lord of The Rings, Sniper Elite V2, Max Payne 3 + Season Pass (Steam and NON Steam), XCOM, NFS: Most Wanted, MoH Warfighter, Risen 2 + DOC, Inversion, Two Worlds 2 Velvet?

He said that Lego LOTR will be 75% off around Christmas.
c230fb8bbd924924db8824b92aa424e3_0cdf051<---FFXIVARR Character Lodestone
549917_4220482276976_99161570_n.jpg<---Trade Listclonesniper6.png

#8948 Needles-Kane

Needles-Kane

White hot

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2012 - 09:35 PM

None of the Prince of Persia games activates on steam correct?

What about Pyschonauts?

Did we ever get an official answer if the Prince of Persias are DRM free? I hope at least Sands of Times is, the original disc version didn't have it. That game is a masterpiece, a must own!!!!!

#8949 Gvaz

Gvaz

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 16 December 2012 - 09:37 PM

75% on Sreeping Dawgs hasn't happened but it's been as low as $14-$15 which is like... 70% off.

It's $12.50 right now here
http://www.simplygam...KEY-Download-PC

But I need to call my bank to tell it to allow purchases out of the country because it's bitching at me because it's a UK site.
Posted Image

#8950 BernardoOne

BernardoOne

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2012 - 09:42 PM

Tony any deals in the works for Scibblenauts Unlimited?

There is already a 33% deal right now.

http://www.amazon.co...nauts unlimited

#8951 Syntax Error

Syntax Error

Tortue d'Art

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2012 - 09:43 PM

Eh, those are in the regular version too. Just need to edit one of the config files, which takes a few seconds.

I did not know that. Thanks for the tip.

#8952 Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon Official Rep

• Retailer Representative

Posted 16 December 2012 - 09:52 PM

Why'd they put it up there instead of System requirements box? Thanks I scrolled right past it.

Lol. There were about 10 months worth of requests to get the notification above the fold :(.

Cheers,
Tony
Cheers,
Tony - "T-Money"
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter:
www.twitter.com/amazongames
http://www.facebook....?ref=ts&fref=ts

#8953 UW_Shocks

UW_Shocks

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2012 - 09:53 PM

It's $12.50 right now here
http://www.simplygam...KEY-Download-PC

But I need to call my bank to tell it to allow purchases out of the country because it's bitching at me because it's a UK site.

You mean your going to tell your bank your taking full responsibility for the purchase. If something goes wrong, they won't help you.

After looking at the site, it's not legit. Looks like they sell keys from retail boxes.

Edited by UW_Shocks, 16 December 2012 - 09:56 PM.
added

A very cool Skyrim Mod:

Falskaar

http://skyrim.nexusm...com/mods/37994/

#8954 Gvaz

Gvaz

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 16 December 2012 - 10:08 PM

You mean your going to tell your bank your taking full responsibility for the purchase. If something goes wrong, they won't help you.

After looking at the site, it's not legit. Looks like they sell keys from retail boxes.

Yeah I don't give a shit about that. My banks automatically don't let me buy anything outside of the USA. I can only "turn it off" for 3 months at a time.

also a guy from Something awful has to say about that site:

Yeah, I actually bought Borderlands 2 from them a few weeks ago. My experience was not great, but I did end up with my game so I can't complain. They don't appear to be set up very well for handling digital download keys, they seem to be primarily an old style boxed game shipper. And they don't seem to believe that the U.S. exists (don't know where you are) but I was still able to buy from them. I just told them I was in Canada when forced to select a country from a dropdown (that didn't have the U.S. obviously) and then put in my actual address, after which it was happy to tell me that I was in the U.S.. Then I just paid with paypal, so I didn't have to worry about any credit card security mess. It took them approximately 8 hours to actually get my key emailed to me, though.

So yeah, they're legit, they're just not very good.

If you're in Europe, they'll mail you the box and everything. If you're not, they don't bother shipping and just email you the key instead.
Posted Image

#8955 - Glenn -

- Glenn -

The CAG formerly known as glennfrank

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2012 - 10:17 PM

Well that APB credit put me over the edge on TSW. DLing now but it is taking forever. Slow slow DL speeds.

I just had my GF play for a while on the laptop.. she said it stuttered a bit to much for her and made her a little dizzy and gave her a mild headache. Hopefully you don't have the same trouble on yours.
She said she liked the game though, and is still planning on purchasing it tonight in the hopes that she can upgrade her computer in Jan/Feb and play it with me.

#8956 hatefish

hatefish

Oh, it seems i can change this.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2012 - 10:30 PM

Where can I go to get my $5 promotional credit email resent if I deleted it?

#8957 Larce80

Larce80

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2012 - 10:34 PM

Your email trash can ;)
Sign up at Greenmangaming with my link and we'll both get $2 credit when you make a purchase :)

#8958 Neuro5i5

Neuro5i5

pʎslǝxıɔ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2012 - 10:34 PM

Why? There is no manual code to apply.

#8959 hatefish

hatefish

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2012 - 10:37 PM

Why? There is no manual code to apply.

So the credit will just auto apply to any Editor's Choice games?

#8960 Neuro5i5

Neuro5i5

pʎslǝxıɔ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2012 - 10:39 PM

Thank you for your purchase from Amazon.com. It is our pleasure to let you know that you have earned a $5 credit toward the purchase of select game downloads starting 1/1/2013 and good through 1/31/2013. To redeem your reward, simply visit http://www.amazon.co...ocId=1000728511 in January 2013, click "Buy and Download", and your promotional code will automatically be applied to your game download. Qualifying codes for this promotion may only be used one at a time.

...from the promo email.

#8961 hatefish

hatefish

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2012 - 10:48 PM

...from the promo email.

Well I picked up M&M Clash Of Heroes. When I when to Editor's Choice Games page and get Hotline miami to the Review and Place Your Order page it still comes up as $9.99.

#8962 Seraphym

Seraphym

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2012 - 10:53 PM

Well I picked up M&M Clash Of Heroes. When I when to Editor's Choice Games page and get Hotline miami to the Review and Place Your Order page it still comes up as $9.99.

You can't actually use the $5 promo until January.

#8963 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2012 - 10:54 PM

Come on, son. :joystick:

#8964 hatefish

hatefish

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2012 - 10:59 PM

You can't actually use the $5 promo until January.

Thanks.

#8965 yangwenli

yangwenli

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2012 - 11:19 PM

EDIT:
I see Drakensang: The River of Time is $5.
What's the DRM on that?
And do you guys carry that game's Philleason's Secret DLC?

You can probably pick up the whole Drakensang set with The River of Time and Phileasson's Secret DLC from eBay if you are ok with a DVD. Some guy there has it for ~$11 and < $10 every so often.

It's DRM Free though so no steam for steam lovers (still cheaper than even a 75% off steam price though which is 19.99 + 19.99 + 9.99).

#8966 DarenDF

DarenDF

Don't Do this

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2012 - 11:21 PM

I'd probably just on Secret World if I hadn't gotten Guild Wars 2 recently. But I will pick up Endless Space for that price. Thanks Tony.

#8967 DonRamon

DonRamon

CAG Veteran

• CAG Veteran

Posted 16 December 2012 - 11:26 PM

It's more or less the same deal with getgamesgo, they sell only keys. But you are right, it's not a good idea to tell your bank you assume full responsibility, being victim of fraud is not fun at all, I've been there.

#8968 miraclemart

miraclemart

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2012 - 11:28 PM

Great sale!!... but since I bought most of what Tony has thrown our way this year, I already got 99.9% of all games listed. First World Problem, I know...

Was just wondering if it would be possible to add these:

- Might & Magic: Clash of Heroes - I Am the Boss DLC (Steam)
http://www.amazon.co.../dp/B005O2TTCO/
(I already have the main game on Steam... just missing the DLC, which I haven't seen on sale yet)

- Mafia II: Digital Deluxe Edition (Steam) or Complete (Deluxe + DLCs)
(There is no way to "upgrade" a standard version to deluxe... so I'm still waiting to get to whole thing. Also, I own every other games in the 2K Mega Pack)

Thanks a lot!!
miraclemart AKA kinologik ;)

Also wanted to know if it would be possible to have a Steam version of Helldorado

http://www.amazon.co...d/dp/B004HW7KGY

Thanks again!

#8969 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2012 - 11:57 PM

Tony,

I have another annoying question on DLC pricing. I know there's no hard and fast rule you go by but currently there are around half a dozen Darksiders 2 item DLC priced at $0.50. From the same publisher, there's a bunch of $2.00 base Saints Row 3 item DLC with no discount but some 'content' DLC at 50% off (making it $3.50 each).

Then there's Hell Yeah (different publisher, Sega) that has a 75% off discount on the base game but no discount on the 'Pimp My Rabbit' item DLC and I recall you saying that you didn't want to do discounts where DLC goes under $1 but... there's the Darksiders 2 DLC that's $0.50.

Then, of course there's my ever illusive and highly sought after Warlock DLC discounts that may or may not see individual reductions. I'm not looking to game the system. I already have about four or five codes and I doubt I'll use more than those (nor set up some black market code/key factory) but I'm just trying to wrap my head around Amazon and their DLC pricing re: sales. Especially when publishers are usually willing to offer discounts on the same things on other digital download outlets. If it's a simple matter of: well, the Darksiders 2 stuff is $0.50 b/c no one is buying it and we want to try to move it, that's fine but... other than that... wazzup?!?!

#8970 Zipomatic2

Zipomatic2

Really, Really Cheap

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2012 - 11:59 PM

I see a lot of the Sims 3 expansions are on sale for the cheapest I have seen them. I have a question. I am not a big Sims player but I do dust it off from time to time.

Are any of these expansions worth buying? Do they add a lot of extra content? I am not really interested in 'extra furniture' but moreso extra 'world' stuff. Places to go, things to do. Etc...

So, anything that is a must have for an extremely casual Sims 3 player? I have about 14 hours total in the game. So, I am very casual with it.

Sorry for the slow reply, been catching up on the thread.

If you are looking at just the expansion packs and not the stuff packs, I would say one of the ones to get would be World Adventures which lets your sim go on vacation and have "adventures"

Ambitions just gives you more jobs (but does let you "play" some of them instead of just having your sim go to work) Late Night is fine, but not really needed. Generations gives you more interactions for your sims in different areas of their lives (young sims can "prank" other sims, older sims get memories)

Showtime, like Ambitions is not a must have expansion. Pets and Seasons are pretty much the same as they were in Sims 2, which is not a bad thing. You get extra seasonal activities and a wider variety of animals to own in "pets"

And finally, one to avoid is supernatural, which fills your town full of vampires, werewolves and zombies, but can (unless you run a fix) can mean that your town can have very little humans, but all "supernatural" beings.

So if you were to grab just one, go for pets (if you like animals) and if you don't want the hassle of that, then World Adventures gives the game a little extra dimension.
Posted Image

If it's not 75% off, or less that $10, I ain't buying it!