Photo
- - - - -

Amazon PCDD $12.49 Walking Dead ($7.49 after coupon)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
18397 replies to this topic

#9481 shezbot

shezbot

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2012 - 08:27 PM

Any chance on a price match on Kung Fu Strike - Master Levels DLC [Download] ?

http://store.steampo...com//app/212041 (0.74)
http://www.amazon.co...=kung fu strike (2.99)

As someone already mentioned, a pm for Race 07 would also be cool:

http://www.amazon.co...d/dp/B008BLPHBM
http://store.steampowered.com/app/8600

They usually don't PM under a $1 now (used to be $0.50 limit). Here's hoping though.

#9482 nategator

nategator

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2012 - 08:29 PM

It's just the interwebs full of raging internerds. I'm not sure why people even bother to discuss about prices in a site called cheap ass gamer, if the perceived ROI isn't there, don't buy it until it hits your sweet spot, that's all there is to it, no need to discuss anything.

@the guy waiting for 33% off blops 2 in steam, cod on steam is the one thing you can count on to almost never get good discounts, if it isn't hitting 33% off on Amazon, it might not even go on sale on steam, Activision handles it's pricing with an iron fist.

Wha? This entire forum is pretty much people discussing prices, sales, etc...

#9483 27526343157187946075

Posted 20 December 2012 - 08:37 PM

It's just the interwebs full of raging internerds. I'm not sure why people even bother to discuss about prices in a site called cheap ass gamer, if the perceived ROI isn't there, don't buy it until it hits your sweet spot, that's all there is to it, no need to discuss anything.

@the guy waiting for 33% off blops 2 in steam, cod on steam is the one thing you can count on to almost never get good discounts, if it isn't hitting 33% off on Amazon, it might not even go on sale on steam, Activision handles it's pricing with an iron fist.

Tony mentioned Black Ops 2 would get 20% off a couple pages ago.

#9484 p5ych0

p5ych0

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2012 - 08:45 PM

I would love to see Tropico 4 DLC price matched. 66% off right now on steam.

#9485 The End

The End

It's a Prairie Dog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2012 - 08:50 PM

Tantalizing THQ Medley - $7.49 contains (all activate on Steam):

1. Homefront
2. Metro 2033
3. Red Faction Armageddon
4. Red Faction Guerrilla
5. S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Shadow of Chernobyl
6. Warhammer 40K: Space Marine

Just a head's up for all of you. Red Faction Guerrilla appears to be unavailable for purchase in the steam store at the moment. Might just be a glitch with the Holiday sale. But it's also possible that it's been removed. Either way, Amazon is the only place that you can buy Red Faction Guerrilla at the moment. That is, assuming that you just gotta have a steam copy.

Something to keep in mind if you're interested in Red Faction Guerrilla.

57j.gif

#9486 xRidley

xRidley

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2012 - 08:50 PM

Are there any plans to allow spending of Amazon/Chase rewards points for digital content directly on Amazon like you can everything else on Amazon?

#9487 60fps

60fps

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2012 - 08:54 PM

Ok, I see that Batman Arkham City GOTY edition on Amazon is the mac version published by Feral Interactive like all the other mac games.

It doesn't mention Steam though so I'd like to know if it is registered there and just not listed.

#9488 jstop00

jstop00

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2012 - 08:56 PM

Are there any plans to allow spending of Amazon/Chase rewards points for digital content directly on Amazon like you can everything else on Amazon?

+1... Also, any way to add DVG games to an Amazon wish list?

#9489 DonRamon

DonRamon

CAG Veteran

• CAG Veteran

Posted 20 December 2012 - 09:03 PM

Tony mentioned Black Ops 2 would get 20% off a couple pages ago.

Yeah, but he wanted 33%, and said that he was going to wait for it on steam, I just said don't keep your hopes up.

Just a head's up for all of you. Red Faction Guerrilla appears to be unavailable for purchase in the steam store at the moment. Might just be a glitch with the Holiday sale. But it's also possible that it's been removed. Either way, Amazon is the only place that you can buy Red Faction Guerrilla at the moment. That is, assuming that you just gotta have a steam copy.

Something to keep in mind if you're interested in Red Faction Guerrilla.

Odd, I activated it with no problems, not sure if this was before or after I activated it, but now it is indeed unavailable for purchase, in fact its missing for from the thq pack too.

#9490 turls

turls

Clouds: no, Sunshine: yes

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2012 - 09:06 PM

Or you can tell him that the assumption that a bankrupt company suddenly is going to give away everything is flat out stupid and complaining in the thread about it is lame.

Yeah, because they didn't just participate in a ridiculous humble bundle or anything like that...oh wait.

Not hardly a complaint either, are you making money off the THQ liquidation or what? Everybody is jumping for joy on the DLC which is widely panned. I think DLC is a bit of a scam myself. Although I have plenty of it.

And of course THQ being bankrupt has something to do with it, unless this game is flawless and does not have any more bugs or enhancements at all necessary. Chance of it getting any love if THQ was still around--some, chance of getting it now, barely any.

And I like to think there is better chance than not of getting customer support if I happen to need it.

#9491 Thadar

Thadar

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2012 - 09:07 PM

Any chance that the Endless Space deal will be back during this Holiday Sale?

#9492 memphiz88

memphiz88

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2012 - 09:08 PM

12/24-12/26.

Cheers,
Tony

#9493 DonRamon

DonRamon

CAG Veteran

• CAG Veteran

Posted 20 December 2012 - 09:16 PM

Chance of it getting any love if THQ was still around--some, chance of getting it now, barely any.

Don't you dare to speak of thq as if it was already dead!!

:cry:

#9494 - Glenn -

- Glenn -

The CAG formerly known as glennfrank

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2012 - 09:16 PM

THQ is going chapter 11, not chapter 7 bankruptcy - there is a difference.
They will still be around. (thankfully)

#9495 HeroToTheMasses

HeroToTheMasses

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2012 - 09:18 PM

How do you activate the class sega pack on steam?

#9496 UW_Shocks

UW_Shocks

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2012 - 09:19 PM

THQ is going chapter 11, not chapter 7 bankruptcy - there is a difference.
They will still be around. (thankfully)

+1 million !!

We now know THQ will survive the storm.

A very cool Skyrim Mod:

Falskaar

http://skyrim.nexusm...com/mods/37994/

#9497 turls

turls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2012 - 09:21 PM

Ok, lets put it a different way. Whatever on the bankruptcy. You think you are going to get full support on old titles from a developer in their position, more power to you.

I already have number 1. So I would be buying DS2 and the DLC for $13+. It isn't a "new" title, it doesn't matter if it came out 2 years ago or 4 months ago. Unless you were asleep during the holidays, $13 is not earth shattering vs. the other deals so far.

#9498 - Glenn -

- Glenn -

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2012 - 09:23 PM

So... don't buy it? lol :)

#9499 nategator

nategator

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2012 - 09:24 PM

+1 million !!

We now know THQ will survive the storm.

While I agree that "THQ" (really THQ II) will last long enough to finish up the blue chip titles for next year, THQ's future is very much up in the air and very dependent on how South Park, Metro, and Saints Row sell (and if they are released on time without a compromise to quality).

Plus, Chapter 11 shift to Chapter 7 bankruptcies all the time. Management hates Chapter 7 because liquidation means immediate unemployment, no retention bonuses, and no opportunity to get lucky and be one of the survivors in the new company.

Best thing probably for THQ looking long term is to sell enough to attract one an EA or Activision acquisition because they like the developer studios and some of the IP.

Edited by nategator, 20 December 2012 - 09:42 PM.

#9500 UW_Shocks

UW_Shocks

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2012 - 09:25 PM

I already have number 1. So I would be buying DS2 and the DLC for $13+. It isn't a "new" title, it doesn't matter if it came out 2 years ago or 4 months ago. Unless you were asleep during the holidays, $13 is not earth shattering vs. the other deals so far.

I bet no other retailer beats that deal, and it is still a newer title.

A very cool Skyrim Mod:

Falskaar

#9501 turls

turls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2012 - 09:26 PM

So... don't buy it? lol :)

I thought I said that quite eloquently and politely before I got a bunch of crap from the fanboys (and I thought I was an Amazon fanboy).

#9502 - Glenn -

- Glenn -

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2012 - 09:33 PM

I will just point out that I was in no way giving you crap or being impolite, just pointing out that they were not disappearing as your posts implied. Have a good night.

#9503 turls

turls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2012 - 09:41 PM

Not you, the geniuses calling me/my post "stupid" and "ridiculous".

#9504 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Posted 20 December 2012 - 09:41 PM

I really hope THQ goes to Chapter 7 Bankruptcy and everyone gets fired and people lose their jobs and games get sold off to other developers for completion and game series get split up. As long as it saves me a few dollars off the price of Darksiders II. I mean, what is THQ thinking? Trying to make a profit? Keep their business alive? Employ people?*

*Disclaimer: Nothing against people who want to pay less for DSII (that includes myself) or even much less (Heck, I've gotten DSI and Metro 2033 free in the last few months). What I think some of us have a problem with is people who are really hoping/wishing/wanting further ill to fall upon a company and its employees for the sake of cheapness. But to each their own.

Learn how to get FREE and CHEAP games with Tremorgames: http://www.cheapassg...tremorgamescom/

#9505 UW_Shocks

UW_Shocks

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2012 - 09:49 PM

^^
Amen

A very cool Skyrim Mod:

Falskaar

#9506 Gvaz

Gvaz

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 20 December 2012 - 09:51 PM

THQ is a better company than EA. I actually wish that EA had completely different management.
CPU: i5 3750k @ 4.2GHz | RAM: DDR3 8GB (9-9-9-24) | GPU: ATI HD4890 @ 1920x1200
Posted Image

#9507 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2012 - 09:52 PM

I really hope THQ goes to Chapter 7 Bankruptcy and everyone gets fired and people lose their jobs and games get sold off to other developers for completion and game series get split up. As long as it saves me a few dollars off the price of Darksiders II. I mean, what is THQ thinking? Trying to make a profit? Keep their business alive? Employ people?

Agreed. Oh... were you being sarcastic? I... uh...

#9508 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2012 - 09:54 PM

Also...

Tony,

Possibilities on new/different Paradox deals aside from the ones already listed like Defenders of Ardania bundle or Warlock DLC bundle?

#9509 dys006

dys006

Doesn't play games.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2012 - 09:59 PM

Also...
Tony,
Possibilities on new/different Paradox deals aside from the ones already listed like Defenders of Ardania bundle or Warlock DLC bundle?

I'd like Warlock DLCs to go on sale too. :)
New signups, now only spend $2, get $2 free at greenmangaming.com.

#9510 60fps

60fps

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2012 - 10:03 PM

I think it would be funny if they went out of business and left all of their games at their highest price like Kingdoms of Amular on Steam. No company has to buy any of these IPs. It would be cheaper in most cases to just make a spiritual successor or a knock-off.