Photo
- - - - -

Amazon PCDD $12.49 Walking Dead ($7.49 after coupon)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
18397 replies to this topic

#10711 Neuro5i5

Neuro5i5

pʎslǝxıɔ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 December 2012 - 04:29 PM

I'm confused. Dark Souls: Prepare To Die Edition is supposed to be $18 starting tomorrow, right? But it's $15 right now.

I fail to see the confusion... :whee:

#10712 jrodri86

jrodri86

Meh, i'll wait to get it for a cheaper price.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 December 2012 - 04:33 PM

For those interested on the Ubisoft stuff with the discount Shoot Many Robots, R.U.S.E, Mad Riders, Might & Magic Clash of Heroes and Babel Rising will register on Steam.

Tretton.png

#10713 menewbe

menewbe

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 December 2012 - 04:36 PM

The answer lies in your perceived Return of Investment. What is better value for you??

I wouldn't advise to get the SR3 complete collection as a single key. SR3's dlc is truly horrible with some of it being basically paid for cheats, one is even for unlocking the entire city. Research very well about it's DLC before taking a decision.

And unfortunately, I can't guarantee SR2 will work for you, yes there are dozens of fixes to bring it up to speed but the thing remains a poorly done port and nothing can change that fact.

Up to you.

The SRTT Full Package doesn't include either the Unlockable pack or Bloodsucker pack. Its DLC is basically clothes, vehicles, weapons, and extra missions you can choose to use or not use. and for the cheats it does include, you have to activate them manually in-game.

Now the Bloodsucker pack..that gets alot of hate because it forces you to have the vampire bite health regen skill, replacing the necksnap whenever you had a human shield which some people prefer. It also automatically give you boosts for money and respect [exp]

The Unlockable pack (from what I read) forces you to pick a section of a city to unlock at the start of the game (pick one of the small island for minimum impact) and lets you have access to both mission bonuses offered whenever you normally have to choose one or the other.

#10714 juanawoman

juanawoman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 December 2012 - 04:38 PM

Bought Scribblenauts. :D
Posted ImagePosted Image

#10715 jimmywolf

jimmywolf

Posted 24 December 2012 - 04:39 PM

I'm confused. Dark Souls: Prepare To Die Edition is supposed to be $18 starting tomorrow, right? But it's $15 right now.

I fail to see the confusion... :whee:

12/26-1/5:
Dark Souls: Prepare To Die Edition _-_17.99

am sure reading is hard but it cheaper now then waiting for a listed sell price at a later date why he confused

#10716 GreatDoink

GreatDoink

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 December 2012 - 04:40 PM

Bought Scribblenauts, can't believe Amazon was able to slash the price that much more than Steam was. Props to Tony and to Amazon for these deals - knocking them out of the ballpark!

sig.gif 

#10717 LocarionStorm

LocarionStorm

A Player of Life

• CAGiversary!

12/26-1/5:

am sure reading is hard but it cheaper now then waiting for a listed sell price at a later date why he confused

The other poster was implying: why be confused, just buy it for the $15 if you were waiting for the $18.

#10718 RazOrStOrm

RazOrStOrm

ReachTheSky

• CAGiversary!

I gotta admit amazon has done a pretty good amount of deals so far. way better than steam. Its too bad EA and UBI do not offer Steam versions of their games.

#10719 motoki

motoki

A New Game Everyday

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 December 2012 - 04:41 PM

12/26-1/5:

Unless you are planning to use the $5 coupon on it, in which case it will be slightly cheaper on January 1.

#10720 Neuro5i5

Neuro5i5

pʎslǝxıɔ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 December 2012 - 04:43 PM

The other poster was implying: why be confused, just buy it for the $15 if you were waiting for the $18.

:applause:

Thank you. I was worried my wit (read: sarcasm) would fall on deaf ears (well, eyes rather).

#10721 StriderSeven

StriderSeven

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 December 2012 - 04:45 PM

Is Final Fantasy XI a Steam code?

#10722 motoki

motoki

A New Game Everyday

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 December 2012 - 04:48 PM

For those interested on the Ubisoft stuff with the discount Shoot Many Robots, R.U.S.E, Mad Riders, Might & Magic Clash of Heroes and Babel Rising will register on Steam.

There's not really any good deals on those though. And if there were good deals, they'd be under $10 so you couldn't use the discount anyway.

#10723 Thadar

Thadar

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 December 2012 - 04:49 PM

Patiently awaiting my codes. Purchased KoA bumdle last month and Civ V:G&K last month too. Haven't received either my EA or 2k email yet.

Codes aren't valid today anyway, so patience...patience. =P

#10724 doodofdoods

doodofdoods

Prinny Powered

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 December 2012 - 04:51 PM

Amazing price on Scribblenauts.
Posted Image

#10725 aceattorney

aceattorney

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 December 2012 - 04:51 PM

12/26-1/5:

Oh I can make personal insults too!

Listed sale price is HIGHER than what it is now. That's not strange to you? Sorry, but that sounds like a dick move to me, but if you like those kinds of moves, then by all means, eat away.

#10726 Trusty Mutsi

Trusty Mutsi

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 December 2012 - 04:52 PM

If you didn't like it, why consider buying it...? I put in over 300 hours into each game of the series, at least and am still play, but that's just me. BF3 is great, I have over 1000 hours into that on 360, but won't get it on PC as my online friends are 360 only. Single player was OK, but I wouldn't get it for ONLY that.

My reasoning is maybe I just didn't get in enough hours to get to the good stuff?

Do you prefer Mass Effect or Battlefield 3? Or are they entirely different kinds of games?

#10727 r9800pro

r9800pro

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 December 2012 - 04:55 PM

Got 1 Ubisoft, 3x THQ and 3x EA promo credit today but I bought way more EA games in 2012. Shouldn't it be for "ALL" the purchases in 2012 or a specific period ?

Anyway I was hoping to get Need For Speed Most Wanted Ultimate Speed Pack DLC for $5 with the credit but the DLC is not in the EA Holiday Present list. Can you fix that Tony ?

fs_pc.png

#10728 Neuro5i5

Neuro5i5

pʎslǝxıɔ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 December 2012 - 04:56 PM

My reasoning is maybe I just didn't get in enough hours to get to the good stuff?

Do you prefer Mass Effect or Battlefield 3? Or are they entirely different kinds of games?

WAAAAAY different games. Like comparing baseball to organizing your sock drawer different. Action/shooter RPG dealing with squad (micro)management vs a heavily multiplayer influenced FPS.

#10729 hal

hal

Game Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 December 2012 - 04:56 PM

Those two are utterly different.

76561197971332172.png

#10730 motoki

motoki

A New Game Everyday

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 December 2012 - 04:57 PM

Oh I can make personal insults too!

Listed sale price is HIGHER than what it is now. That's not strange to you? Sorry, but that sounds like a dick move to me, but if you like those kinds of moves, then by all means, eat away.

While I don't love the fact that the price is going up just as the coupon becomes active *grumblegrumble* I would just like the point out that the entire concept of Steam's big semi-annual sales revolve around games going on sale for a short duration at a higher discount and then after that going to lower discounted amount. (ie Flash sale 75% off for the next 12 hours! Oh you missed the flash sale? Now it's 50% off)

Steam does it way more than Amazon does. At least Tony lets you know what will be on sale when and for how long in advance. On Steam you don't get that and just have to keep an eye out for when the game you want hits a steeper discount.

#10731 DonRamon

DonRamon

CAG Veteran

• CAG Veteran

Posted 24 December 2012 - 04:58 PM

The SRTT Full Package doesn't include either the Unlockable pack or Bloodsucker pack. Its DLC is basically clothes, vehicles, weapons, and extra missions you can choose to use or not use. and for the cheats it does include, you have to activate them manually in-game.

Now the Bloodsucker pack..that gets alot of hate because it forces you to have the vampire bite health regen skill, replacing the necksnap whenever you had a human shield which some people prefer. It also automatically give you boosts for money and respect [exp]

The Unlockable pack (from what I read) forces you to pick a section of a city to unlock at the start of the game (pick one of the small island for minimum impact) and lets you have access to both mission bonuses offered whenever you normally have to choose one or the other.

Ah well, if the full package won't include those, I see no problem with it.

PS
Not a single code has arrived yet :-\

#10732 Trusty Mutsi

Trusty Mutsi

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 December 2012 - 05:10 PM

WAAAAAY different games. Like comparing baseball to organizing your sock drawer different. Action/shooter RPG dealing with squad (micro)management vs a heavily multiplayer influenced FPS.

Well, I never do well with competative online shooter. I think I'll go with ME2. Always wanted to give it another shot.

Any MUST HAVE DLC I should get right away?

#10733 asheskitty

asheskitty

Friend of NakedBladeEyes

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 December 2012 - 05:12 PM

If I was going to get my first Assassin Creed game, which would be better to get?
Revelations or Brotherhood? (I'll have a coupon to use and at 2.50 I'm pretty tempted even if it isn't steam)

Skip AC1. Play in order AC2, ACB, then ACR. They cover the story arc of Ezio. More importantly, gameplay wise AC2 > ACB > ACR. If you don't like AC2 you can safely skip the rest.

On a side note, anyone who only needs the earlier 2 Dungeon Siege games on Steam (previously only available in the Steam bundle with Dungeon Siege 3),

Spoiler

Two notes. (1) The Dungeon Siege 1, 2, 3 pack on steam had been on sale for $7.50 iirc. (2) Dungeon Siege 1 & 2 have expansions that are not on steam (or download).

Spoiler
And, Tony said he was looking into maybe crediting people in a certain window (I remember he said he thought a month was fair) Well, what about when it happens in the same week?!? I mean seriously. I've learned to wait until the last day to buy something at Amazon, but to throw it back up on sale after the deal expired, inside of the same week it was on sale, and give a credit to be used against it also, combined with absolutely no warning or hint that this might happen.
Spoiler

I remember Tony noting earlier this Fall that they try to avoid price drops within a month. The Hitman credit to recent buyers was great. I agree with walkonshadows.

I'm not going to say your complaint isn't valid; I'm having the same problem and it's definitely worth addressing. I just hate it when people bring up how much they buy from amazon or follow Tony's thread when complaining.

You do that because Tony's doing an awesome job here, which makes you spending time in this thread worth it. Considering how easy it is to be a repeat customer, buying a lot of really great deals doesn't make your complaints any more important than anyone else's.

It's a very valid point. You want to make sure your regular customers are happy. Complaining about someone else complaining seems like a waste of thread space in a self-referential way.

It seems a public forum is not the best place to make your petition. Did you consider a PM to Tony prior to complaining here or even a call to Amazons customer service? This thread is about announcing upcoming deals and providing feedback for future deals. Do we really need to state that a game should not go on sale cheaper for an arbitrary amount of time after a sale to make sure we don't hurt peoples feelings?

New here, huh? There's the little trend that airing your complaints in public gets results.

Eh, people have mentioned that before in the thread and Tony has addressed it. Don't see why it's a problem. The Hitman sale being a recent example.

This.

:applause:

Thank you. I was worried my wit (read: sarcasm) would fall on deaf ears (well, eyes rather).

You shouldn't have been worried, but I guesss it was justified. Prices on Amazon move like a kid on a pogo stick. Visit CamelCamelCamel (Amazon price tracker) to see for yourself.

I dream in yellow comic sans.

It rubs the lotion on it's skin or else it gets Bad Rats again.

♥·.·´¯`·.·♥ Le Mew - Le Purrrrr ♥·.·´¯`·.·♥
Price Trackers --- Enhanced Steam --- SteamGameSales --- IsThereAnyDeal --- CamelCamelCamel Amazon $5 off w/EC List

Don't you be messin' with asheskitty. That girl be from the STREETS, yo.

#10734 Fatalis Fafnir

Fatalis Fafnir

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 December 2012 - 05:13 PM

Is Final Fantasy XI a Steam code?

I'd also like to know.

#10735 Neuro5i5

Neuro5i5

pʎslǝxıɔ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 December 2012 - 05:14 PM

Well, I never do well with competative online shooter. I think I'll go with ME2. Always wanted to give it another shot.

Any MUST HAVE DLC I should get right away?

Lair of the Shadow Broker, without a doubt. I can recommend others, but that one is THE must buy.

#10736 darcmin

darcmin

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 December 2012 - 05:21 PM

thanks for the coupons. so to clarify, it is only eligible on items $5 and above?

THQ and Amazon would like to offer you a $5 credit towards any THQ Video Game Sold by Amazon.com and priced higher than $4.99 on 12/25/2012 only.

as of now, i,m only looking to get DS2, so hopefully we will get more games added.

#10737 LocarionStorm

LocarionStorm

A Player of Life

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 December 2012 - 05:35 PM

Still haven't received any of the publisher specific coupons. :/

#10738 Trusty Mutsi

Trusty Mutsi

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 December 2012 - 05:36 PM

Well, I'm trying to use my $5 EA promotional credit, and every time I go to checkout, the $5 isn't taken off. Is it good UNTIL 12-25-12, or on good ON 12-25-12?

Thanks for any help.

*UPDATE*

NEVER MIND! I used the power of reading my email more carefully to solve my problem :) It has to be used tomorrow.

#10739 kaydigi

kaydigi

BK All Day

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 December 2012 - 05:38 PM

Well, I'm trying to use my $5 EA promotional credit, and every time I go to checkout, the $5 isn't taken off. Is it good UNTIL 12-25-12, or on good ON 12-25-12?

Thanks for any help.

*NEVER MIND! I used the power of reading my email more carefully to solve my problem :) *

Note, credit may only be used once per customer and must be used on 12/25/2012 only.

#10740 DK745

DK745

Streets Ahead

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 December 2012 - 05:38 PM

Got the EA promo credit. Wish Crysis was on sale tomorrow.