Photo
- - - - -

Amazon PCDD $12.49 Walking Dead ($7.49 after coupon)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
18397 replies to this topic

#10801 Neuro5i5

Neuro5i5

pʎslǝxıɔ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 December 2012 - 07:10 PM

thanks, from what I read, I'm guessing these are going to be only usable tomorrow, right?

Yes, with 2K being the exception.

#10802 Shrowd

Shrowd

Gaming Dad

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 December 2012 - 07:11 PM

No promo emails have popped up yet? Any idea when the next batch will be going out?

76561198056146032.png    

Frostpaw.png

#10803 Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon Official Rep

• Retailer Representative

Posted 24 December 2012 - 07:13 PM

You're misunderstanding. I am referring to the Darksiders Deal being put back up and people being allowed to use their $5 credit toward that. If you aren't putting that deal back up (as was reported in this thread) then there isn't a problem. My issue is that I bought the deal on the last day, only for it to be relisted a day later to allow the new $5 to be used toward it. I sent a PM, and I thought I explained it well enough, but apparently not.

The issue is not with the $5 credit. The issue is re-listing one of your sales without notice inside of a week (just a couple days actually) and allowing that coupon (that we weren't given ANY notice about either) to be used against it, thereby making an even better deal. Once again this is punishing early adopters, and you are running a severe risk of alienating people because they will be affraid to jump on a good deal if they know you have a history of screwing over the people that made that deal a success in it's first iteration (like what you did with the paradox deals). This is bad business. I am bringing it to your attention for the second time. If you don't see a problem with it then so be it. But I stand by my initial response that it is a dick move. And not appreciated.

I totally understand what you're saying, and am sorry you feel that way. As with all our promos, we'll monitor all customer feedback, and data associated with the impact to early adopters (and communication about deals like this) and determine the direction of future promos.

Cheers,
Tony
Cheers,
Tony - "T-Money"
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter:
www.twitter.com/amazongames
http://www.facebook....?ref=ts&fref=ts

#10804 espy

espy

Original Transported Man

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 December 2012 - 07:13 PM

You're misunderstanding. I am referring to the Darksiders Deal being put back up and people being allowed to use their $5 credit toward that. If you aren't putting that deal back up (as was reported in this thread) then there isn't a problem. My issue is that I bought the deal on the last day, only for it to be relisted a day later to allow the new $5 to be used toward it. I sent a PM, and I thought I explained it well enough, but apparently not.

The issue is not with the $5 credit. The issue is re-listing one of your sales without notice inside of a week (just a couple days actually) and allowing that coupon (that we weren't given ANY notice about either) to be used against it, thereby making an even better deal. Once again this is punishing early adopters, and you are running a severe risk of alienating people because they will be affraid to jump on a good deal if they know you have a history of screwing over the people that made that deal a success in it's first iteration (like what you did with the paradox deals). This is bad business. I am bringing it to your attention for the second time. If you don't see a problem with it then so be it. But I stand by my initial response that it is a dick move. And not appreciated.

There are plenty of places that don't announce sales in advance at all. And no one was given notice about the credit because it was supposed to be a surprise gift as a goodwill gesture, not a sales enticement promotion otherwise he would've announced it, like the $5 Editor's choice credit.

Look at how many people are begging that certain bundles and promotions be included in this credit period. You may not appreciate it but calling it a dick move seems a bit much.

#10805 motoki

motoki

The sun made me do it

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 December 2012 - 07:14 PM

Dammit, that Darksiders deal better not get pulled because people are complaining. I bought that shitty Nexiuz game just to get in on that deal. :bomb:

#10806 walkonshadows

walkonshadows

Terminal CAGtosis

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 December 2012 - 07:15 PM

I totally understand what you're saying, and am sorry you feel that way. As with all our promos, we'll monitor all customer feedback, and data associated with the impact to early adopters (and communication about deals like this) and determine the direction of future promos.

Cheers,
Tony

There are plenty of places that don't announce sales in advance at all. And no one was given notice about the credit because it was supposed to be a surprise gift as a goodwill gesture, not a sales enticement promotion otherwise he would've announced it, like the $5 Editor's choice credit.

Look at how many people are begging that certain bundles and promotions be included in this credit period. You may not appreciate it but calling it a dick move seems a bit much.

Again, the issue isn't with the credit, it's with throwing the Darksiders deal back up so that it can be used with the credit a mere 2 days after it supposedly went "off sale".

@Tony: Thank You for responding. That, unfortunately is all I can say. If you trully "totally understand" then it would be more to the point of trying to fix the issue rather than sweeping it under the we'll moniter feedback banner. The "impact" toward early adopters is pretty clear, especially to people who "totally understand".

Anyone who wants a 72-Hour guest pass to The Secret World, just PM me your email.

LeCuPXZ.jpgUUVGik1.jpgDEjnR1E.jpg

CEh38V2.jpgKxJkMdH.jpgJtnnbZt.jpg

#10807 Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon Official Rep

Posted 24 December 2012 - 07:16 PM

Dammit, that Darksiders deal better not get pulled because people are complaining. I bought that shitty Nexiuz game just to get in on that deal. :bomb:

This conversation is currently occurring internally.

Cheers,
Tony
Cheers,
Tony - "T-Money"

#10808 Genocidal

Genocidal

Summer of Punk

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 December 2012 - 07:16 PM

The Darksiders Franchise Pack has been listed on the first page as coming back for Christmas day for a while now. So if the issue isn't the $5 coupon, then there shouldn't be an issue?
x8uorcw.jpggenocidal.png
[img=http://steamsigs.com/steam.php?id=genocidal&pngimg=http://i.imgur.com/fLZMY.png&tborder=0.png

If I would go back in time, the one person in history I'd like to make tap out would have to be... Jesus

#10809 espy

espy

Original Transported Man

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 December 2012 - 07:17 PM

Cheers,
Tony

I hope you included my feedback on this. Usually the kind of feedback people get most is negative, because when things are good people don't bother writing in. I don't want that to be the case since I really feel like you did nothing wrong here. My only suggestion is include even MORE sales bundles to make the credit even better.

#10810 Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon Official Rep

Posted 24 December 2012 - 07:17 PM

No promo emails have popped up yet? Any idea when the next batch will be going out?

Working on it, had to sidetrack for a second for a quick huddle.

Cheers,
Tony
Cheers,
Tony - "T-Money"

#10811 motoki

motoki

The sun made me do it

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 December 2012 - 07:18 PM

This conversation is currently occurring internally.

Cheers,
Tony

Okay well if we don't get the deal then it's WalksonShadows' fault. :-P

#10812 espy

espy

Original Transported Man

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 December 2012 - 07:19 PM

The Darksiders Franchise Pack has been listed on the first page as coming back for Christmas day for a while now. So if the issue isn't the $5 coupon, then there shouldn't be an issue?

Perfectly said.

#10813 Neuro5i5

Neuro5i5

pʎslǝxıɔ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 December 2012 - 07:19 PM

I think the belief by some (leave me out of this) is that the return of DSII on the front page for 12/25, may have been prompted by this $5 gift.

Edit: It's kind of a lose, lose , lose situation. 1) Leave things as is = certain people will feel betrayed 2)Pull DSII back from re-sale = everyone expecting to buy it is pissed 3) Amazon offers $5 credits to everyone who bought DSII previously AND a prior THQ product, while also negating their already sent out (for most people) $5 gift credit = a fucking nightmare

#10814 BLink

BLink

Since 2005

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 December 2012 - 07:20 PM

So you are mad because a better deal came up after an awesome deal anyway? How dare anyone offer bigger discounts? Curse all games going on sale because you bought them at launch for $60 and the next week they're $50! Boycott all retailers!

*sarcasm, yes. You are complaining about stuff going on sale, which is regular business practice.

#10815 Shrowd

Shrowd

Gaming Dad

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 December 2012 - 07:21 PM

Working on it, had to sidetrack for a second for a quick huddle.

Cheers,
Tony

Thank you for the update. If you need an example account to pull data from to see why certain accounts are not generating promo emails feel free to use mine :)

76561198056146032.png    

Frostpaw.png

#10816 Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon Official Rep

Posted 24 December 2012 - 07:21 PM

I think the belief by some (leave me out of this) is that the return of DSII on the front page for 12/25, may have been prompted by this $5 gift.

Negative, the DS Franchise pack was added back on 12/25 as a result of a last minute conversation I had with our THQ rep (called her from Sonny's). It was prompted by the fact that I thought we had the deal exclusively, when I found out we didn't I asked for 12/25 to make up for the lack of exclusivity.

Cheers,
Tony
Cheers,
Tony - "T-Money"

#10817 Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon Official Rep

Posted 24 December 2012 - 07:22 PM

This is starting to derail.

Someone post a puppy picture.

Cheers,
Tony
Cheers,
Tony - "T-Money"

#10818 espy

espy

Original Transported Man

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 December 2012 - 07:23 PM

Posted Image

#10819 Papytendo

Papytendo

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted Image

#10820 walkonshadows

walkonshadows

Terminal CAGtosis

• CAGiversary!

This is starting to derail.

Someone post a puppy picture.

Cheers,
Tony

Posted Image

:)

@Tony: I still love you, baby. I only pick fights, cause I love making up.

Anyone who wants a 72-Hour guest pass to The Secret World, just PM me your email.

LeCuPXZ.jpgUUVGik1.jpgDEjnR1E.jpg

CEh38V2.jpgKxJkMdH.jpgJtnnbZt.jpg

#10821 JujuFish

JujuFish

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 December 2012 - 07:24 PM

Except that the Darksiders deal had already been announced as relisting on Christmas. That's why I hadn't bought it yet. I knew I could wait until Christmas to finally decide.

#10822 could have won

could have won

Backlog Forever!

• CAGiversary!

Is there a possibility of a Sonic Adventure 2 match with Steam? I really do not want to support them during this period of "sales" they are having.

Apologies if this has already been asked.
Posted Image

Posted Image

#10823 motoki

motoki

The sun made me do it

• CAGiversary!

I actually will be seriously pissed off if someone just shat all over my deal.

:bomb:

#10824 hal

hal

Game Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 December 2012 - 07:25 PM

I kinda get where people are upset a bit, but I don't think they're seeing it the right way.

It stinks when a game(s) you just bought is suddenly eligible for an additional discount. But you're still getting a $5 coupon just like everyone else - they just get to apply it to the game you just bought.

What's hard to swallow is that it is publisher-specific and it really limits the offerings for gamers with very specific tastes or a large game library. I probably won't be able to find anything THQ to use my coupon towards... because I own pretty much everything they carry on Amazon. I'm alright with that... but then again, I didn't just make my THQ purchases this week.

Fortunately for me I am going to be able to take advantage of this nice gift from at least one publisher. That makes me a happy camper.

Everybody gets the discount... it just smarts a bit when you see someone getting a slightly better deal if you're unable to use the gift yourself.

76561197971332172.png

#10825 RazOrStOrm

RazOrStOrm

ReachTheSky

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 December 2012 - 07:26 PM

Cheers,
Tony

I think it comes down to what we were planning to use our money.

So, for instance, If I have $20,I could have bought Dawn of War II bundle for $9,99 and then tomorrow get darksiders franchise pack all for less than $20.

Right now, I bought franchise pack seeing it was the most expensive one with more content (to me) and there's no guarantee, price will be kept for DOW II at 9,99 since it was a daily sale match. So you see, Its not that amazon does give me extra $5 as compensation. If such deals end, then why would I need $5 (in case it doesn't stack) If the bundle will be long gone from steam and have a higher price from amazon?

I bought SRIII for $13 last month and I'm not complaining about it, because its been long enough and its my fault whether or not I played it enough for those extra bucks to be worth. I appreciate the fact that deals are told in advance, that way I can organize my wallet. But If I can't buy what I originally intended, as a customer, I think amazon shouldn't expect me next time to jump the first day they anounce a sale like this one just because I might be caught up in a situation like this, after a daily sale was run with the lowest everyone expected and 2 days later the same product with better promotion will be offered.

#10826 Tsel

Tsel

The Dark Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 December 2012 - 07:26 PM

So I only got a THQ credit. I really only wanted the 2K credit. If I buy something today, will I get the credit to use?

453605.png
TheTsel.png

#10827 hal

hal

Game Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 December 2012 - 07:27 PM

So I only got a THQ credit. I really only wanted the 2K credit. If I buy something today, will I get the credit to use?

Yes

76561197971332172.png

#10828 Neuro5i5

Neuro5i5

pʎslǝxıɔ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 December 2012 - 07:27 PM

Negative, the DS Franchise pack was added back on 12/25 as a result of a last minute conversation I had with our THQ rep (called her from Sonny's). It was prompted by the fact that I thought we had the deal exclusively, when I found out we didn't I asked for 12/25 to make up for the lack of exclusivity.

Cheers,
Tony

Yeah, don't take my comment personally Tony. It is not my belief. I was just throwing it out there for others to understand what the issue in yet other peoples minds may be.

:grouphug:

#10829 Jugglenaut

Jugglenaut

Horseshoe Goldfish

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 December 2012 - 07:28 PM

Yes. You have until the end of the day today to get in on the deal. You won't receive a credit email for 2k until tomorrow, though.

#10830 Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon Official Rep

Posted 24 December 2012 - 07:29 PM

Posted Image

:)

@Tony: I still love you, baby. I only pick fights, cause I love making up.

Lol. Hugs and kisses. Seriously though, being challenged is good for the business and makes us think about everything before pulling triggers. The answer might not always be what you're psyched about but we appreciate the feedback...if we didn't I wouldn't be here on Christmas Eve :).

Cheers,
Tony
Cheers,
Tony - "T-Money"