Photo
- - - - -

Amazon PCDD $12.49 Walking Dead ($7.49 after coupon)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
18397 replies to this topic

#11611 Hop25

Hop25

The Repo Nerd

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 December 2012 - 03:24 PM

Question: Does guild wars 2 come with a steam key? Amazon is rocking the holiday deals this year, Tony has really livened things up over there. Great job, man.

Never thought I'd say this, but: Eff steam (their holiday sale anyway, the worst ever). At least someone is picking up the slack, and doing a great job at it. Merry christmas everyone!

Guild Wars 2 isn't on Steam so you won't get a Steam key.

#11612 Xedeus

Xedeus

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 December 2012 - 03:26 PM

No ti does not. And the link the e-mail sends you to lists the game and there it does not say above either., it says you can use the credit on any game on that page.

I know. Read my post again. I said EA's email, not Ubi. I saw Ubi's says "priced at $4.99" Again, that's a shame and you are correct.

#11613 MysterD

MysterD

CAG's Favorite DRM-Cashew & Cylon-Toaster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 December 2012 - 03:26 PM

I'd prefer it. I have the game, season pass, and some extra dlc from here and there. Since I beat it ages ago I'd like the rest of the dlc to dick around with here and there but the sale prices on the dlc by itself always suck. Costs more to buy my missing dlc than the full package but its not worth $7.50 to me.

Well, I would've preferred to have them separately so I could give-away repeat items I had (SR:TT base game, that car DLC Tony gave out)...
....but, I didn't own most of the SR:TT content.

If I was like you and owed the SR:TT base game + Season Pass + some Extra DLC - yeah, I'd be in the same boat w/ you.

I guess it's b/c I spent $2.49 total (after $5 coupon - since I own most of the THQ stuff I already wanted and was missing most SR:TT DLC content) that I just am glad to have the REST of the DLC.

Now, I just need to find an Ubi game + EA game.
Since I own so many Ubi titles and ain't up for spending a fortune, I Am Alive looks like it might have to do.
Who knows what I'd want for an EA game, heh - I own so many EA games, it ain't even funny...

#11614 anarch

anarch

And all that could have been...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 December 2012 - 03:27 PM

I can't find anything really on sale from EA, so I guess I won't be using the coupon...

On the otherhand, tough choice between SRTT:FP and DS Franchise.

#11615 Neuro5i5

Neuro5i5

pʎslǝxıɔ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 December 2012 - 03:28 PM

Tony stated previously that the system is set up to NOT allow free games after the credit is applied. Let me see if I can find the post...

Found it:

Lastly the program is specifically designed NOT to pass out free games so it is essentially $4.99+ or $5+ (meaning MORE than)

Sorry, I don't follow this thread but the e-mail took me to a page that still to this very minute says it applies.

If it doesn't apply then I'm fine with Amazon taking my key away and refunding me but it still says it applies.

Yeah, there was a bit of clarification needed on this previously. I actually didn't realize Tony had updated the OP to include that extra info. At least if you get CS to refund you, you should still have access to your promo credit, so it's not all terrible.

#11616 Neuro5i5

Neuro5i5

pʎslǝxıɔ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 December 2012 - 03:31 PM

Since I own so many Ubi titles and ain't up for spending a fortune, I Am Alive looks like it might have to do.
Who knows what I'd want for an EA game, heh - I own so many EA games, it ain't even funny...

Pet Catz 2 FTW!

I ended up getting The Storming, Burning, Reflecting, Flaming, Sabotaging Pack from EA and will likely pick up R6V2 from Ubi.

#11617 Cloulien

Cloulien

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 December 2012 - 03:32 PM

Tony I just went to buy nexuiz and it is showing as 4.99 but according to the OP it should be .99 through today. Will it come back down to .99 today?

Games I Have For Sale/Trade:

Spoiler

Private Message me or add me on steam for more information if you are interested

#11618 pROvIs

pROvIs

Clash With Reality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 December 2012 - 03:32 PM

Well, I would've preferred to have them separately so I could give-away repeat items I had (SR:TT base game, that car DLC Tony gave out)...
....but, I didn't own most of the SR:TT content.

If I was like you and owed the SR:TT base game + Season Pass + some Extra DLC - yeah, I'd be in the same boat w/ you.

I guess it's b/c I spent $2.49 total (after $5 coupon - since I own most of the THQ stuff I already wanted and was missing most SR:TT DLC content) that I just am glad to have the REST of the DLC.

I'd buy it for $2.50 just not $7.50 but unfortunately I used my $5 on the darksiders pack for my nephews before realizing it was single use only.
Steam Games to Trade/Sell: None right now
WTB: Anything on my Wishlist

23480.png

#11619 Neuro5i5

Neuro5i5

pʎslǝxıɔ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 December 2012 - 03:33 PM

Tony I just went to buy nexuiz and it is showing as 4.99 but according to the OP it should be .99 through today. Will it come back down to .99 today?

According to the first post, the sale on Nexuiz ended on 12/24.

#11620 Mugatu

Mugatu

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 December 2012 - 03:39 PM

Ok, talked to a rep on the phone and he offered to give me back my gift card since it wouldn't let him retroactively apply the credit but he said their system is having problem with the promo so when you check out make sure it's being applied or call/e-mail them.

#11621 chaosking121

chaosking121

Hoarder Of Games

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 December 2012 - 03:40 PM

So guys, I bought, downloaded and installed Rayman:Origins ($5 with coupon :D) and I don't see any sign that Tages was installed along with the game. Did some basic Google searching but I can't find any of the files they say that Tages should install. Also, I was never asked to manually enter my Serial Number, but I mainly buy from Steam (through Amazon mostly) so I don't know if that's normal.

Any idea how I could figure out if Tages was installed? Would really love this to be a DRM Free version like Steam's :D

#11622 HydroX

HydroX

Posted 25 December 2012 - 03:40 PM

Definitely a nice sale on Guild Wars 2, may bite on it since the deluxe sale on the official site at $44.99 is over and I missed it both times.

#11623 MysterD

MysterD

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 December 2012 - 03:41 PM

Thank you, I was curious about how it was going to work

Usually, unless it says otherwise on the Steam page...
You don't get extra gifts on stuff that you already own, if you say buy a better pack to redeem it that has some stuff in it you own already.

#11624 Shrowd

Shrowd

Gaming Dad

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 December 2012 - 03:43 PM

Anyone else not get any of the promotional emails? Been waiting patiently and I more than qualify, yet not even one email has come though, all I got was the email for the Video Game Gold Box . This is kinda cruddy, I have spent a great deal this past year on Amazon Direct Downloads.

76561198056146032.png    

Frostpaw.png

#11625 MysterD

MysterD

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 December 2012 - 03:45 PM

So, what do you guys that played I Am Alive think about it?

#11626 meeko2

meeko2

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 25 December 2012 - 03:47 PM

Tony ,

any hope on getting Settlers 7 on sale? that would be so cool! it's already low on several site but i would like to just give my money to amazon :D , maybe match the 6 dollar price on the DVD version ?

#11627 crystalklear64

crystalklear64

Posted 25 December 2012 - 03:48 PM

Good stuff. Stocked up on a few titles for cocksmas prizes.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#11628 HisDivineOrder

HisDivineOrder

Embrace the Dealness

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 December 2012 - 03:52 PM

I already owned Saints Row The Third and some DLC, but when I can know it down to $2.50? Yes, please.

As for the others, well Ubisoft almost got me with < $5 for Rayman Origins, but I decided to pay $10 for it on Steam because I have this vision of myself owning a Steambox (or building something like it) and wishing to God I had Rayman on a platform I could actually use rather than buy it on no platform and have it laden with TAGES DRM instead. Paying a little more now (especially when I have Steam credit) is preferable to the limitations of not having it on Steam later. Other than that, everything falls under the same problem with Ubi. I wish they'd just embrace Steam. And when even Call of Duty Black Ops 2 gets a sale, then just maybe AC3 or FC3 need to be on sale, too.

For me, the EA credit is worthless. I mean, I'm glad you guys are trying new things, but there's absolutely nothing on sale at EA that when combined with the coupon is anything remotely a deal. At least, not for me. I'd have gotten the Kingdoms of Amalur bundle if it'd stayed 11.99, but they moved it up just in time to avoid the coupon. Oh well. I would have gotten a ME 2 or 3 DD, but nope. No sale. Everything EA moved back up just in time to avoid the coupon. Coupons where prices are raised to make them usable reminds me of the worst practices of grocery stores where prices aren't low to make room for the "(insert grocery name) Card" and its low prices.

I'd rather just have low prices, period.

No offense to you, Tony. You know I love you and your efforts here. It's just this particular type of deal doesn't work when the publisher isn't playing along.

#11629 r9800pro

r9800pro

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 December 2012 - 03:54 PM

Heads up if you use your promotional credit and have just normal Amazon gift card credit, check your gift card balance before and after the sale.

I got a $5 Ubisoft credit and used it to buy Assassin's Creed for $4.99 but the system took $4.99 from my gift card balance and didn't apply the credit so great promo, I got to buy a game and pay for it myself. Hopefully support can clear this up but this is the second time this has happened to me with Amazon, they really need to give you more info at checkout as to where the credit is coming from.

At checkout it is always clear where the credit is coming from :

Promotion Applied: -$5.00

Gift Card Applied: -$4.89

fs_pc.png

#11630 Zin_LG

Zin_LG

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 December 2012 - 03:56 PM

I own the amazon, e.i. non steam version, of the Sega Genesis Classic game pack from last year. It came with the first 4 packs and a lot sonic games. I see there is a fifth pack now with games I was disappointed where included in the last bundle. If I purchase the bundle again, since its cheaper then individual packs, do copies of the other four packs?

#11631 Crizume

Crizume

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 December 2012 - 04:01 PM

Saints Row the Third Full Package. Is this a steam key?

I believe it isn't but just wanted to double check.

#11632 TheArmoredVirus

TheArmoredVirus

Totally Kuhwhyee

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 December 2012 - 04:02 PM

So guys, I bought, downloaded and installed Rayman:Origins ($5 with coupon :D) and I don't see any sign that Tages was installed along with the game. Did some basic Google searching but I can't find any of the files they say that Tages should install. Also, I was never asked to manually enter my Serial Number, but I mainly buy from Steam (through Amazon mostly) so I don't know if that's normal.

Any idea how I could figure out if Tages was installed? Would really love this to be a DRM Free version like Steam's :D

• hit windows key
  • type tages
  • alternatively; type rayman
  • left click on results (presumably the first one)

white_trash_headache.png

3e5bhcz.png

#11633 Xedeus

Xedeus

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 December 2012 - 04:04 PM

I believe it isn't but just wanted to double check.

It is. Just bought it and applied it. Had core game, this added all the DLC's to it.

#11634 MysterD

MysterD

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 December 2012 - 04:05 PM

Yes.
SR: The Third flat-out REQUIRES Steam period.

And yes, SR:TT The Full Package is ONE entire Steam key for EVERYTHING (Base Game, Season Pass DLC stuff, and any other copious amounts of DLC).

All speaking from experience here.

EDIT:

It is. Just bought it and applied it. Had core game, this added all the DLC's to it.

Same here. :D
I wish b/c I owned SR:TT already, it turned the extra copy of the base game from SR:TT Full Package into a gift, but it doesn't.
I expect that w/ Steam, unless it says otherwise on the game's store page.
I ain't gonna complain too much, when I bought the game for $2.50 just to get all the DLC. ;)

#11635 Crizume

Crizume

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 December 2012 - 04:09 PM

Nice. Thank you.

In for $2.49.

#11636 teenwolf

teenwolf

hic sunt leones

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 December 2012 - 04:10 PM

Are ANY of the Ubisoft games activated on Steam? Or are they all Uplay?

#11637 Neuro5i5

Neuro5i5

pʎslǝxıɔ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 December 2012 - 04:12 PM

If I buy a 2k game such as this http://www.amazon.co...56451418&sr=1-1

do I get the 5$ coupon towards max payne 3 today? or do I get it on the 26?

Uncertain. For the other pubs the cutoff was 12/24, but the promo for them begins today 12/25. Since 2K starts tomorrow, I'm not sure if the cutoff day was adjusted accordingly.

#11638 Detruire

Detruire

Would have finished the dark skin first

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 December 2012 - 04:13 PM

For me, the EA credit is worthless. I mean, I'm glad you guys are trying new things, but there's absolutely nothing on sale at EA that when combined with the coupon is anything remotely a deal. At least, not for me. I'd have gotten the Kingdoms of Amalur bundle if it'd stayed 11.99, but they moved it up just in time to avoid the coupon.
[...]
It's just this particular type of deal doesn't work when the publisher isn't playing along.

I agree entirely. There's nothing that I don't already have that seems like a good deal with the coupon. KoA w/ coupon, on the other hand, would have been cheap enough for me to not mind installing Origin.

#11639 LCAWC

LCAWC

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 December 2012 - 04:14 PM

Hmm, I received multiple promo e-mails so I was under the assumption I could use the promo $5 credit on as many games as I received e-mails for, much like the $5 promo credit that we'll be able to use next month. I was going to buy AC:R Gold and Rayman Origins since I received about 3 Ubisoft promo e-mails but it looks like the $5 credit only applied to AC:R Gold when I bought it and now it won't apply an additional $5 credit to Rayman Origins. I also tried to buy both DLC packs for Kingdoms of Amalur and it only applied a $5 credit to one of them. Well, this was a tad disappointing.

#11640 Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon Official Rep

• Retailer Representative

Posted 25 December 2012 - 04:16 PM

Anyone else not get any of the promotional emails? Been waiting patiently and I more than qualify, yet not even one email has come though, all I got was the email for the Video Game Gold Box . This is kinda cruddy, I have spent a great deal this past year on Amazon Direct Downloads.

Can you do me a favor and send me 1 order id from each publisher you qualify for credit from. I'll try to get it sorted before I get on my plane.

Edit: Getting on a plane soon so needs to be in the next hour and a half or so, otherwise I likely won't be able to get it as I'm flying across the country.

Cheers,
Tony

Edited by Amazon DVG Deals, 25 December 2012 - 04:53 PM.

Cheers,
Tony - "T-Money"
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter:
www.twitter.com/amazongames
http://www.facebook....?ref=ts&fref=ts