Photo
- - - - -

Amazon PCDD $12.49 Walking Dead ($7.49 after coupon)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
18397 replies to this topic

#11911 r9800pro

r9800pro

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 December 2012 - 10:58 PM

Last year EA's relationship with Amazon was really awesome. Games like Alice for $2.49, Crysis 2 for $5 and Medal Of Honor 2010 for $0.00 come to mind when I see how badly EA is behaving now. I am sure it has to do with EA, not Amazon.
Maybe EA is jealous of Amazon because of sales margin or something, so that's maybe why Origin has 50% off sale now and won't allow a big competitor to ruin it for them.
I realized that when I checked my Origin account and found 29 purchases from Amazon VS only 4 from Origin store :lol:

By the way guys, Lego LOTR is awesome :applause:

fs_pc.png

#11912 Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon Official Rep

• Retailer Representative

Posted 25 December 2012 - 10:59 PM

Hey tony, When are the $5 codes going to be sent out?

I can't tell if you're serious or not.

Which ones?

Cheers,
Tony
Cheers,
Tony - "T-Money"
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter:
www.twitter.com/amazongames
http://www.facebook....?ref=ts&fref=ts

#11913 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 December 2012 - 11:00 PM

It still seems extremely silly and nonsensical, no matter what analytical spin is put on it. Something goes on sale, people buy it, later it goes on sale for cheaper, those people complain. This is standard fare since the dawn of the digital gaming age; does it really take that much analysis to figure that out?

But alright, like Mooby said, it is what it is. It "is" stupid, but oh well.

It's Christmas and you live in Maui: stress levels must drop!

Lol never change Mooby. You've quickly risen to one of my favorite people on the earth.

Cheers,
Tony

At this point I'm far too old to change!

#11914 Shrowd

Shrowd

Gaming Dad

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 December 2012 - 11:02 PM

Can anyone share the links to the promotions? Did not get the emails but the mad hamster lord told me the promotions should be in my account. Just need a way to sort through the available games now.

76561198056146032.png    

Frostpaw.png

#11915 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 December 2012 - 11:03 PM

Can anyone share the links to the promotions? Did not get the emails but the mad hamster lord told me the promotions should be in my account. Just need a way to sort through the available games now.

Edit: never mind, links below are better.

#11916 DarkZero104

DarkZero104

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

PMs are among the best known examples of "you had this on sale but someone else had it cheaper, so now it's cheaper if you'll buy from us too," so it's a bit different than the issue from earlier because it wasn't a planned promotion. People complaining on Darksiders gets into the issue of this was already planned and is from Amazon, here it'd be this is an unexpected sale to all and is something that you can, coincidentally, get a better offer from. I'm not sure it's the best idea to consider both under the same rug; yes in both instances you have something go cheaper, but the *circumstances* of the sale are entirely different.

#11917 motoki

motoki

The sun made me do it

• CAGiversary!

Maybe EA is jealous of Amazon

I must be getting tired. I wanted to find a good funny jealous image but I looked and looked and I got nothin'.

#11918 nategator

nategator

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 December 2012 - 11:04 PM

EA: http://www.amazon.co...ocId=1000894301

THQ:
http://www.amazon.co...ocId=1000894321

Ubisoft:
http://www.amazon.co...000894291<br />

Steam Keys for sale:

SotS Complete Collection (does not inc. SotS II) $4 Paypal

#11919 Severose

Severose

I'm okie dokie and loopy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 December 2012 - 11:05 PM

When I see the name Mooby, I expect to see this:

Spoiler

But all I get is a friendly-looking ogre.

CAG: a place to buy/sell/trade games the right way.

GMG ref link: $2 when you spend $2, instantly!

3687091.png76561197965577424.png

#11920 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 December 2012 - 11:06 PM

It's never a name I've used on a forum before... the name I use pretty much all the time was taken. For some reason I had Dogma on my mind and picked some avatar from Deathspank since I liked the art style.

#11921 Larce80

Larce80

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

soooo how do you apply it? I bought THQ medley and Darksiders 2 isnt going down in price

please help
Sign up at Greenmangaming with my link and we'll both get $2 credit when you make a purchase :)

#11922 Shrowd

Shrowd

Gaming Dad

• CAGiversary!

Try this mess of a link: http://www.amazon.co...1356476592&rd=1

Just pick a publisher.

rockin, all the games above $5 from each publisher are fair game right?

76561198056146032.png    

Frostpaw.png

#11923 DonRamon

DonRamon

CAG Veteran

• CAG Veteran

Posted 25 December 2012 - 11:08 PM

That there are a large number of tough guys who are in touch with their inner drama queen.

Nobody is complaining because Tony doesn't want to lower the prices, even more, it's just a matter of observing steam's sales right now in this very moment to realize how much of a good job this man has done.

The problem I have is when a few try to have their way in life by b****g about it and then they find the chance to get away with it. That is what is totally unfair, not a game going for a bunch pennies more or a bunch of pennies less.

This small bunch of ingrate ba****s shouldn't have had Tony's wheels working over his ever going efforts to bring us better deals.

PMs are among the best known examples of "you had this on sale but someone else had it cheaper, so now it's cheaper if you'll buy from us too," so it's a bit different than the issue from earlier because it wasn't a planned promotion. People complaining on Darksiders gets into the issue of this was already planned and is from Amazon, here it'd be this is an unexpected sale to all and is something that you can, coincidentally, get a better offer from. I'm not sure it's the best idea to consider both under the same rug; yes in both instances you have something go cheaper, but the *circumstances* of the sale are entirely different.

That used to happen on steam, all the time in all the sales, and guess what, you just had to live with your decisions and there was nothing that you could do. Why should it be any different in cag/amazon?

#11924 Gvaz

Gvaz

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 25 December 2012 - 11:09 PM

So Tony, what was this christmas surprise anyways?
CPU: i5 3750k @ 4.2GHz | RAM: DDR3 8GB (9-9-9-24) | GPU: ATI HD4890 @ 1920x1200
Posted Image

#11925 yknitS

yknitS

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 December 2012 - 11:10 PM

Put Alice madness returns at original price, and put alice complete edition to 10$ :D

#11926 espy

espy

Original Transported Man

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 December 2012 - 11:11 PM

Last year EA's relationship with Amazon was really awesome. Games like Alice for $2.49, Crysis 2 for $5 and Medal Of Honor 2010 for $0.00 come to mind when I see how badly EA is behaving now. I am sure it has to do with EA, not Amazon.
Maybe EA is jealous of Amazon because of sales margin or something, so that's maybe why Origin has 50% off sale now and won't allow a big competitor to ruin it for them.
I realized that when I checked my Origin account and found 29 purchases from Amazon VS only 4 from Origin store :lol:

By the way guys, Lego LOTR is awesome :applause:

I think when any large company starts their own download service, the inclination is to maximize profits so they are very reluctant to do massive sales, especially with their own properties. Reps from EA have said that doing so destroys the values of their franchises. Digital distribution sales is relatively new, and the only company that has extensive records , data and testing in this is Steam, really. Smaller companies, like GreenManGaming and GamersGate tend to be able to move faster and make changes than a bigger corporation, to adapt and learn.

I think initially, Amazon digital sales weren't that much different. For a long time they didn't really have noteworthy sales that often, and it's only been the past couple years that they've really changed things up.

#11927 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

I believe that's the case. I know 2k has a $10 limit but that promo isn't until the 26th. The others not 100% sure.

#11928 Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon Official Rep

please help

Can you get me an order ID, like right now? I think we're finally leaving.

Nobody is complaining because Tony doesn't want to lower the prices, even more, it's just a matter of observing steam's sales right now in this very moment to realize how much of a good job this man has done.

The problem I have is when a few try to have their way in life by b****g about it and then they find the chance to get away with it. That is what is totally unfair, not a game going for a bunch pennies more or a bunch of pennies less.

This small bunch of ingrate ba****s shouldn't have had Tony's wheels working over his ever going efforts to bring us better deals.

Again, there shouldn't be any animosity here (although I do appreciate the kind words about the efficacy of what we're doing).

This is literally the most impartial situation possible, where we're going to remove all qualitative feedback on either side of the argument and just look at numbers.

We'll then blend this with the qualitative feedback (comments and such) to try and paint ourselves a full picture.

Cheers
Tony
Cheers,
Tony - "T-Money"

#11929 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 December 2012 - 11:13 PM

Are you sure you want to add DonRamon to your ignore list?

Posted Image

#11930 r9800pro

r9800pro

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 December 2012 - 11:13 PM

EA credit was working few hours ago when I tried it, but now it doesn't. Can you check it guys ?

fs_pc.png

#11931 Detruire

Detruire

Would have finished the dark skin first

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 December 2012 - 11:14 PM

If we're not getting a price match on Syndicate :cry:, how about price matches on these?:

http://www.amazon.co.../dp/B007MS5FTO/
http://store.steampo....com/app/96400/

http://www.amazon.co.../dp/B008OMF376/
http://store.steampo...com/app/204840/

http://www.amazon.co.../dp/B004LX0L1K/
http://store.steampo....com/app/33390/

All $6.49 for the rest of the Steam sale.

#11932 motoki

motoki

The sun made me do it

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 December 2012 - 11:16 PM

I believe that's the case. I know 2k has a $10 limit but that promo isn't until the 26th. The others not 100% sure.

I can verify it worked on a $6.49 Ubisoft purchase for me earlier. I don't have an EA one though.

#11933 Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon Official Rep

Posted 25 December 2012 - 11:17 PM

please help

Sent you a PM dude, I'm about to get kicked off this plane though...gotta shut down.

Cheers,
Tony
Cheers,
Tony - "T-Money"

#11934 G_freemanX

G_freemanX

HAF LAFE 3 pls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 December 2012 - 11:18 PM

Hey Tony!! Any chance of getting this pack again for sale for $9.99 ??
http://www.amazon.co...uct/B009PNLAAW/

Please...

#11935 GBPackRat

GBPackRat

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 December 2012 - 11:18 PM

Hey Tony couple questions for ya, answer the ones you can and just let me know the ones you can't.

I bought a 2K Strategy Bundle about a week ago so I'm expected a 2K promo credit as soon as they start hitting accounts based on what I've read in this thread.

1.) Do we have to have the email for that promo credit to be sitting in our account tomorrow? Or, even if the email hasn't arrived, can we start walking through the process and expect to see the credit applied? Does the credit hit when the email goes out, or are those completely independent of each other? If they are independent of each other, a lot of us can just check through the checkout process to see if the credit is there and stop worrying on if the email hits our inbox.

2.) Do you know roughly what the order is on who's getting the 2k emails first? Is it last in (most recent transactions) first out (getting the email early) versus those of us who haven't purchased in the last day or so.

3.) Any rough guess on when you think all the emails will have gone out for 2k? Knowing this a lot of us might stop worrying on when it arrives until a set time. Meaning if you think they'll all be out by say tomorrow noon, we'll stop worrying on when it might come until sometime after noon tomorrow.

Thanks again for all the updates and work you do. Hopefully the whiners don't get you down and please know transparency in how the process works is much appreciated.

Thanks,
Tanner

#11936 espy

espy

Original Transported Man

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 December 2012 - 11:19 PM

Please...

I believe Tony's said this pack is never coming back.

#11937 DarkZero104

DarkZero104

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 December 2012 - 11:21 PM

That used to happen on steam, all the time in all the sales, and guess what, you just had to live with your decisions and there was nothing that you could do. Why should it be any different in cag/amazon?

you misunderstand. i agree with your position here, i do believe that once a person chooses an purchase point and goes through with it they should be held to that. i'm just pointing out that it's not quite apples and apples as the situation earlier; Planned Amazon sale -> Planned Amazon sale + coupon can frustrate people who trusted amazon because that's entirely their doing. Planned Amazon sale -> Unexpected sale a normal retailer has getting price matched + coupon is an entirely different monster. The former is an issue of "we thought you had our back!" (whether that's true or not is entirely different of an argument) but the latter... doesn't have that. It's not something Amazon themselves planned and I can promise you that there will be VERY few people who consider price matching bad policy. they may not *know* it's a PM, but in general that's a very, very popular thing a retailer can do. that in turn just makes the issue kind of a... "well, guess I should've thought what others are going to do too," taking Amazon off the blame. It's not quite apples and oranges, but more like apples and pears, for a fruit analogy. so any data analysis on this should be aware of the differences there and that it may not be entirely fair. the bottom line's still the same, but the method's different. question is of course, who's aware of the method (CAG, SD? yes. random consumer joe? no) that's also buying regularly.

i do hope though that the January sale is removed from all this though. that's part of what made last year so good really, it was sale from a vendor in the US -> PM, constantly. if we're walking on eggshells the entire time... it dampens the effect and value there.

#11938 Larce80

Larce80

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Sent you a PM dude, I'm about to get kicked off this plane though...gotta shut down.

Cheers,
Tony

thanks I sent the stuff
Sign up at Greenmangaming with my link and we'll both get $2 credit when you make a purchase :)

#11939 monkeyz

monkeyz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Please...

To quote the great Taylor Swift, (or mis-quote) "This pack is never, ever ,ever, ever getting back together."!

Also have a safe trip Tony.! ALso I think this got missed but any chance on those Price Matches this evening on Titan Quest , Immortal Thrones, and TQ Gold? ($7.49, $7.49, and $9.99 respectively from Steam/ Impulsedriven).

#11940 Fluxy

Fluxy

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 December 2012 - 11:24 PM

what have u guys bought to get a ea coupon, i cant decide...