Photo
- - - - -

Amazon PCDD $12.49 Walking Dead ($7.49 after coupon)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
18397 replies to this topic

#13531 granturismo

granturismo

Posted 30 December 2012 - 02:24 AM

TONY, I bought the 2k mega pack cause you said it all activated on steam, but Bioshock 1, Civ IV, and the stronghold collection didn't come with activation codes, and Bioshock 2's code doesnt work at all. WTH man?

Anyone else have this issue with this bundle?

I didn't, but im sure Tony will have the answer...

Edited by granturismo, 30 December 2012 - 05:07 AM.

#13532 Frithsblessing

Frithsblessing

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2012 - 02:35 AM

Usually found right above or below the System Requirments box:

Spoiler

There is no standard, they just put it anywhere in the item description.

The only way to be certain you find it or not is to do a text search of "steam" on the item's page.

Well, it says either on top, bottom, middle, or system requirement box.

So yeh, just CTRL+F and type "steam"

Thank you, all. Seems like they would make that information a little more accessible.
Posted Image

#13533 etcrane

etcrane

Winter Is Coming

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2012 - 02:41 AM

I'm sure this has already been asked, but do the $5 credits for January stack or is it a -$5 per order with multiple orders type deal?

#13534 KaOTiK

KaOTiK

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2012 - 02:43 AM

Easiest way to see if a game needs Steam on Amazon's page is to hit cntrl+f and type in steam

#13535 Tolyngee

Tolyngee

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 30 December 2012 - 02:44 AM

Thank you, all. Seems like they would make that information a little more accessible.

I believe they are trying their best to standardize it now. On newer games like BL2 at the top they have:

Borderlands 2
by 2K Games
Rated: Mature | DRM: Steam

So it's the item's name, pub, rating and DRM are the first four things you read.

Older games though, this standard isn't there yet. They may edit them eventually, or maybe never edit them at all. (Assuming it's even a new standard anyway.)

Just trying to clarify.

Only way to really be certain is CTRL+F "Steam"

#13536 sunasun

sunasun

Count Burgula approves and endorses this member title

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2012 - 02:44 AM

Can't wait for next month when I use my $5 coupons. This will be the first game.

That game is the shit!!!!!!!! :bouncy:
Can't wait a colonoscopy simulator....
spoderman And tebow like this

Bacon-Cheeseburger-160x160.jpegmidnightoriginal__94722.1354255776.178.1  mysterd likes this

#13537 Tolyngee

Tolyngee

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 30 December 2012 - 02:46 AM

I'm sure this has already been asked, but do the $5 credits for January stack or is it a -$5 per order with multiple orders type deal?

"Qualifying codes for this promotion may only be used one at a time."

That's what the item descriptions say for every qualifying game, and the emails say with every purchase.

#13538 sunasun

sunasun

Count Burgula approves and endorses this member title

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2012 - 02:48 AM

I'm not sure this has ever been clarified.

the next coconut queen?
http://cdnroot.cheap...pictureid=29156
spoderman And tebow like this

Bacon-Cheeseburger-160x160.jpegmidnightoriginal__94722.1354255776.178.1  mysterd likes this

#13539 Tolyngee

Tolyngee

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 30 December 2012 - 02:53 AM

I'm not sure this has ever been clarified.

Sunasun, I hope you were just being facetious. It's on the page of every item that qualifies for the promo. And in every email post-purchase.

You can read it before you buy, and after you buy.

"Qualifying credits for this promotion may only be used one at a time."

#13540 etcrane

etcrane

Winter Is Coming

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2012 - 03:11 AM

Not to sound ungrateful, but doesn't that make the promotion a bit silly then, considering nearly all of the games for January would have been cheaper during the winter sale than taking $5 off their full price?

I assumed they wouldn't stack .. but $5 credit sounds different than $5 off your order ... just seems sort of counter-intuitive if something is currently $10 or $15 off right now.

#13541 CheapThomas

CheapThomas

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2012 - 03:20 AM

Not to sound ungrateful, but doesn't that make the promotion a bit silly then, considering nearly all of the games for January would have been cheaper during the winter sale than taking $5 off their full price?

I assumed they wouldn't stack .. but $5 credit sounds different than $5 off your order ... just seems sort of counter-intuitive if something is currently $10 or $15 off right now.

The other way to look at it - would you consider it fair to be able to buy a bunch of $1 games for their coupons and end up getting $40+ games for free? Besides, give the Jan list of games a few more days. If it's like last year, they may end up being discounted before the coupons expire.

#13542 awestover89

awestover89

So Much Backlog

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2012 - 03:26 AM

Some things will be better sales with the coupons though. For example Dark Souls was $15 with its Christmas sale, 18 now, and will be 13 with the coupon. So $2 cheaper than during Christmas. It's also a second chance for people who missed sales to not pay full price, and the games may even go on sale again during January. Some will be cheaper than they were during the sale, some will be the same, some will be more expensive.

#13543 Tolyngee

Tolyngee

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 30 December 2012 - 03:44 AM

For people looking for Kingdoms of Amalur, it will be the cheapest price yet, at $9.99 with the credit.

Last January I got Civ 5 for $3.99, Darkspore/Spore/NFS:Hot Pursuit for $2.99 each, and DNF for free with my promo credits.

I certainly wasn't complaining.

#13544 dracula

dracula

i'll buy that for a dolla

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2012 - 03:51 AM

For people looking for Kingdoms of Amalur, it will be the cheapest price yet, at $9.99 with the credit.

Last January I got Civ 5 for $3.99, Darkspore/Spore/NFS:Hot Pursuit for $2.99 each, and DNF for free with my promo credits.

I certainly wasn't complaining.

that would be awesome, amalur on its own has been under $10 a few times, but never with all of the dlc content.
"If it ain't fifty cents then I dont want it."

http://www.cheapassg...171#post1074171

Posted Image

#13545 swizzy

swizzy

Secretly Lurking

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2012 - 03:58 AM

any word if hitman will be added to the editors choice? want to know if i should just buy it now or wait and see if its on the editors choice so i can get it for 15

#13546 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

Victim of the Industry

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2012 - 04:13 AM

any word if hitman will be added to the editors choice? want to know if i should just buy it now or wait and see if its on the editors choice so i can get it for 15

Tony said it's highly unlikely.

Terraria - $1 (Steam),  X3: Terran Conflict - $2 (Steam)Fable: The Lost Chapters - $2 (Steam)

bZ2g3eF.png

#13547 Corpekata

Corpekata

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2012 - 04:17 AM

Tony can make miracles happen! Make it work!

#13548 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2012 - 04:18 AM

Risen 2 needs to be added to the EC~

#13549 konzen30

konzen30

Posted 30 December 2012 - 04:24 AM

put back darksiders franchise please :(

#13550 Detruire

Detruire

Would have finished the dark skin first

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2012 - 04:29 AM

Risen 2 needs to be added to the EC~

:applause:

#13551 Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon Official Rep

• Retailer Representative

Posted 30 December 2012 - 04:38 AM

TONY, I bought the 2k mega pack cause you said it all activated on steam, but Bioshock 1, Civ IV, and the stronghold collection didn't come with activation codes, and Bioshock 2's code doesnt work at all. WTH man?

Anyone else have this issue with this bundle?

You bought the wrong version.

You want this one:

http://www.amazon.co...ds=2k mega pack

Email CS and tell them you got the wrong version, they'll get you sorted.

Cheers,
Tony
Cheers,
Tony - "T-Money"
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter:
www.twitter.com/amazongames
http://www.facebook....?ref=ts&fref=ts

#13552 Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon Official Rep

• Retailer Representative

Posted 30 December 2012 - 04:42 AM

Anyone knows if this pack is coming back on offer during January? It shows in the 2012 Editor's Choice list

Tony said that it would never come back.

^

edit: yeah that

Yeah it does. Which is odd and disappointing.

I'm pretty happy about it. :applause: The more people happy, the better, right?

Edit: Also, why be disappointed? The last time it was on sale, editor's choice hadn't even been mentioned. Why be disappointed when a deal is made accessible to more people? The price of the bundle isn't even known yet, so it could be worse anyway.

Hey guys,

I was using that pack as a placeholder for stuff that the $5 coupon would work on, specifically because it will likely never go live again.

One of our automated systems put it on that page, we'll get it off ASAP.

Cheers,
Tony
Cheers,
Tony - "T-Money"
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter:
www.twitter.com/amazongames
http://www.facebook....?ref=ts&fref=ts

#13553 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2012 - 04:44 AM

It was a placeholder for Risen 2, amirite?!?!

#13554 Detruire

Detruire

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2012 - 04:51 AM

It was a placeholder for Risen 2, amirite?!?!

Risen 2 Complete!?

#13555 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2012 - 04:54 AM

Now let's not get greedy!

(The DLC isn't good, anyway)

#13556 spoderman

spoderman

I thought Harvey Dent said that

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2012 - 04:54 AM

So, Tony, now that Risen 2 Complete has been added to the EC, can you give us a hint for what the sale price will be at in January? ;)

Spoiler

#13557 Corpekata

Corpekata

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2012 - 04:59 AM

Random question. If someone buys an Amazon giftcard in Australia or wherever, can they send it via email to an American and they are able to use it?

#13558 Fluxy

Fluxy

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2012 - 05:01 AM

tony any sale on starcraft 2?

#13559 Detruire

Detruire

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2012 - 05:02 AM

Now let's not get greedy!

It's not greedy if I don't mention a price. :lol:

So, Tony, now that Risen 2 Complete has been added to the EC, can you give us a hint for what the sale price will be at in January? ;)

Spoiler

:cry:

#13560 granturismo

granturismo

Posted 30 December 2012 - 05:04 AM

Random question. If someone buys an Amazon giftcard in Australia or wherever, can they send it via email to an American and they are able to use it?

No gift cards are usually separate for different countries. .com gift cards don't work on .de etc

Edited by granturismo, 30 December 2012 - 11:59 AM.