Photo
- - - - -

Amazon PCDD $12.49 Walking Dead ($7.49 after coupon)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
18397 replies to this topic

#13711 UW_Shocks

UW_Shocks

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 12:09 AM

I wouldn't get your hopes too high for the January Promo deals; although I do expect some great deals.

A very cool Skyrim Mod:

Falskaar

http://skyrim.nexusm...com/mods/37994/

#13712 The End

The End

It's a Prairie Dog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 12:25 AM

It's possible but most of the time last year didn't that result because of price matching with Steam?

Every single time a game was free, it was as a result of a price match. So while it could happen again, people shouldn't be counting on it.

57j.gif

#13713 spoderman

spoderman

I thought Harvey Dent said that

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 12:27 AM

Every single time a game was free, it was as a result of a price match. So while it could happen again, people shouldn't be counting on it.

If that's true, I'd still expect Hotline Miami to be free. I mean, what are the possibilities of that NOT being 50% off in January? I forgot the last time I saw that game at full price.

#13714 tham1988

tham1988

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 12:28 AM

this makes me think a free hotline miami is extremely possible

#13715 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 12:29 AM

Not unless it's 50% off on Gamely or Gamestop because Steam already had Hotline Miami as a daily.

#13716 meeko2

meeko2

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 31 December 2012 - 12:29 AM

im surprised there isnt a doom 3 bfg Digital download on amazon, i would have bought it on sight!

#13717 UW_Shocks

UW_Shocks

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 12:31 AM

^^^^
Amazon doesn't carry Bethesda games.

A very cool Skyrim Mod:

Falskaar

http://skyrim.nexusm...com/mods/37994/

#13718 spoderman

spoderman

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 12:31 AM

Not unless it's 50% off on Gamely or Gamestop because Steam already had Hotline Miami as a daily.

It could be 50% off as a daily after the winter sale has ended ;). Otherwise, I think the chances would be high for it to be 50% off on Gamestop/Gamefly too.

#13719 Tolyngee

Tolyngee

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 31 December 2012 - 12:33 AM

Final day of Steam sales is generally a "best of" type deal, where previous deals come back for the final day.

#13720 tham1988

tham1988

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 12:36 AM

Final day of Steam sales is generally a "best of" type deal, where previous deals come back for the final day.

exactly
hotline miami 50% off

(i already have it so it doesn't really matter to me - honestly don't really even like it either)

#13721 Genocidal

Genocidal

Summer of Punk

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 12:52 AM

I don't think they did one for the Summer Sale since the deals were already repeating all sale long.
x8uorcw.jpggenocidal.png
[img=http://steamsigs.com/steam.php?id=genocidal&pngimg=http://i.imgur.com/fLZMY.png&tborder=0.png

If I would go back in time, the one person in history I'd like to make tap out would have to be... Jesus

#13722 meeko2

meeko2

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 31 December 2012 - 12:53 AM

Also a good Deadspace 1+2 pack would have been good for people like me who never played them , who would also buy 3 maybe ^^
i mean a sale on them naturally!
http://www.amazon.co...ref=pd_sim_vg_2

is there any hope to get the sims 3 sale back too ?

#13723 teenwolf

teenwolf

hic sunt leones

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 12:54 AM

You must not have been around last January.. quite a few games were free after credit.

It is highly unlikely that these developers are going to let that happen though.

If that's true, I'd still expect Hotline Miami to be free. I mean, what are the possibilities of that NOT being 50% off in January? I forgot the last time I saw that game at full price.

You clearly have delusional expectations.

#13724 fgq

fgq

Where's my wheels?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 12:55 AM

Is DNF and The Darkness II any good? I have the $5 coupon and it would be a shame go to waste.

#13725 Tolyngee

Tolyngee

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 31 December 2012 - 12:59 AM

I don't think they did one for the Summer Sale since the deals were already repeating all sale long.

You may end up being correct, but the Xmas sale is the only one that's over two weeks long, and the last sale of the year, making it a little different...

#13726 spoderman

spoderman

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 01:02 AM

It is highly unlikely that these developers are going to let that happen though.

LOL, I'm not even sure if it's up to the developers. Amazon probably eats the costs. If what The End says it true, they were free after getting PM'd, meaning the devs may not have known. My expectations aren't delusional, were you around last January? At least 5 or 6 games were free. Clearly the devs were ok with their game being added to the Editor's Choice list, maybe YOUR expectations are delusional. Hotline Miami is on sale for $5 VERY often, do you really think it has no chance of being free, or close to free?

#13727 BernardoOne

BernardoOne

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 01:02 AM

The developers have nothing, NOTHING to do with it being free. You use the 5$ coupon, amazon still has to pay that purchase to the developers!

#13728 Tolyngee

Tolyngee

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 31 December 2012 - 01:05 AM

The developers have nothing, NOTHING to do with it being free. You use the 5$ coupon, amazon still has to pay that purchase to the developers!

Amazon's already bought the keys for these games. It's Amazon giving them away after buying them.

Why is anyone confused about this fact?

#13729 BernardoOne

BernardoOne

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 01:07 AM

Amazon's already bought the keys for these games. It's Amazon giving them away after buying them.

Why is anyone confused about this fact?

Well, my point still stands :booty:

#13730 Tolyngee

Tolyngee

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 31 December 2012 - 01:12 AM

Well, my point still stands :booty:

The message wasn't directed at you anyway, I was just clarifying what you were saying and wondering why anyone was confused by it.

Pubs/devs have already been paid for Amazon to already have keys.

#13731 jester55

jester55

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 01:16 AM

Looking to use my 2K coupon - what do ya'll think about using it on NBA 2K12 for $4.99 AC?
I already own everything else 2K in the $9.99-$19.99 range.
Is NBA 2K12 worth $5 for single player?
Haven't played a basketball video game since Double-Dribble on the NES...:oops:

#13732 Tolyngee

Tolyngee

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 31 December 2012 - 01:25 AM

Looking to use my 2K coupon - what do ya'll think about using it on NBA 2K12 for $4.99 AC?

I could be completely wrong on this, but just an FYI to potentially check the facts on these games, but:

Someone the other day reported to stay clear of the MLB game. Reason was that since it's currently the off-season... the game right now doesn't even run, unless you set your computer's date back to a date during the regular season.

No clue if the NBA game might be the same, but would stink to buy it and find it no longer runs once June comes around and the NBA season's over.

#13733 Dreamweaver7

Dreamweaver7

Valar Morghulis

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 01:40 AM

Been playing NBA 2K12 for the whole of 2012 since I got it off Amazon in January, it's an excellent game and a steal for $5 if you don't care about updated rosters and a few more shinies in 2K13. Be aware that there are Steam and non-Steam versions, pick whichever one you prefer.

The date bug in MLB2K12 is unique to that title's PC version and 2K looks like they're not gonna patch it since they've lost the MLB license. That has nothing to do with the NBA2K franchise though.

Hope that helps.

Edited by Dreamweaver7, 31 December 2012 - 01:51 AM.

#13734 jester55

jester55

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 01:48 AM

Been playing NBA 2K12 for the whole of 2K12 since I got it off Amazon in January, it's an excellent game and a steal for $5 if you don't care about updated rosters and a few more shinies in 2K13. Be aware that there are Steam and non-Steam versions, pick whichever one you prefer.

The date bug in MLB2K12 is unique to that title's PC version and 2K looks like they're not gonna patch it since they've lost the MLB license. That has nothing to do with the NBA2K franchise though.

Hope that helps.

Thanks - looking forward to playing some of the scenarios of my favorite players from when I was a kid!

#13735 nategator

nategator

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 01:48 AM

I just want EA to port over NBA Jam On fire. That would pull $5 from me easy. Boomshakalaka!

Steam Keys for sale:

SotS Complete Collection (does not inc. SotS II) $4 Paypal

#13736 asheskitty

asheskitty

Level 3 SJW Social_Justice_Warrior

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 01:49 AM

Originally Posted by Fluxy
i dunno, why would hotline miami be free it just came out...and its doing well...

This is why we can't have nice things.

Yeah because steam doesn't repeat sales... ...no wait... <smacks Mooby>

Arcade version was better as I recall.

I dream in yellow comic sans.

It rubs the lotion on it's skin or else it gets Bad Rats again.

♥·.·´¯`·.·♥ Le Mew - Le Purrrrr ♥·.·´¯`·.·♥
Price Trackers --- Enhanced Steam --- SteamGameSales --- IsThereAnyDeal --- CamelCamelCamel Amazon $5 off w/EC List

Don't you be messin' with asheskitty. That girl be from the STREETS, yo.

#13737 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

couch slave

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 01:52 AM

Last I played was NBA Jam T.E. on the PSX. It was 2D, like a side-scrolling platformer, and it was awesome.

Terraria - $1 (Steam),  X3: Terran Conflict - $2 (Steam)Fable: The Lost Chapters - $2 (Steam)

bZ2g3eF.png

#13738 jester55

jester55

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 02:03 AM

Last I played was NBA Jam T.E. on the PSX. It was 2D, like a side-scrolling platformer, and it was awesome.

Double Dribble sounds similiar - you probably would have like it too back in the day! :applause:

#13739 Xerxes

Xerxes

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 02:04 AM

If you bought the Bioshock Pack for $4.99, you didn't get the 2K $5 off deal? O_o
People who still have ECA codes are why we can't have nice things... :shame:

#13740 Tolyngee

Tolyngee

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 31 December 2012 - 02:07 AM

If you bought the Bioshock Pack for $4.99, you didn't get the 2K $5 off deal? O_o

Coupon can only be applied to items $9.99 and up.