Photo
- - - - -

Amazon PCDD $12.49 Walking Dead ($7.49 after coupon)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
18397 replies to this topic

#13861 UW_Shocks

UW_Shocks

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 07:41 PM

Ctrl+F "steam" - No results found except people thinking this would register on steam and it wouldn't.

That's too bad, as I'd buy this one in a heartbeat if it registered.

I'm pretty sure the Amazon versions of FarCry1 and 2 are both DRM FREE [they were both part of the Ubisoft DRM FREE BOGO Sale back in early 2012].

A very cool Skyrim Mod:

Falskaar

http://skyrim.nexusm...com/mods/37994/

#13862 Severose

Severose

I'm okie dokie and loopy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 07:46 PM

CAGs,
This may not be the best place for this but here it goes. Long story short I got dumped today out of the blue. I'm doing better than I was this morning but it still blows. Anyway, I'm looking for a game to lose myself in the next couple days since I'm off of work. Anybody have any suggestions? What's your "go to" game to take your mind off things? I have amazon and steam credit leftover, plus $20 on psn. I like the community in this thread so that's why I'm asking here. Thanks in advance

An MMO is the way to go. There are a bunch of free ones, or you can grab something like The Secret World of Guild Wars 1 or 2. The point is, MMOs are HUGE timesinks, which definitely helped me escaped the crappy things in my life (breakups, depression over other things). Most recently I got sucked into APB Reloaded, which took up about 20 hours of my life.

The Secret World will be discounted soon on Amazon, so I'd recommend that highly. If you need some people to play with, there's actually a CAG Steam group for the game, if you decide to get into it. PM Idiotekque and he'll get you added to the group. Nothing better to get through a break up than playing games with a couple of buddies.

On a side note, and also having been in a similar situation, if you need any support at all, please let me know.

CAG: a place to buy/sell/trade games the right way.

GMG ref link: $2 when you spend $2, instantly!

3687091.png76561197965577424.png

#13863 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Slut Shamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 07:53 PM

I would recommend Minecraft or Killing Floor personally. Seems I can get lost for hours in those games. That or trying to 100% Sleeping Dogs, but there's a wedding in that, so I don't know. No weddings in Killing Floor.

#13864 Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon Official Rep

• Retailer Representative

Posted 31 December 2012 - 07:53 PM

CAGs,
This may not be the best place for this but here it goes. Long story short I got dumped today out of the blue. I'm doing better than I was this morning but it still blows. Anyway, I'm looking for a game to lose myself in the next couple days since I'm off of work. Anybody have any suggestions? What's your "go to" game to take your mind off things? I have amazon and steam credit leftover, plus $20 on psn. I like the community in this thread so that's why I'm asking here. Thanks in advance

I started playing a lot more League of Legends after I broke up with my GF. It's easy to jump in and out of and doesn't require a huge time sink. I found it a nice way to balance wanting to get out with my friends and wanting to completely phase out and just game for hours.

Cheers,
Tony

Still no coupon. PMed Tony, no reply :cry:

Tony, your power is waning. I sense a disturbance in the Force. It's as if a thousand gamers just cried out in joygasm and then went to GMG. I fear something awesome has happened.

GMG just destroyed you on that Civ V G&K sale. $3.15. Toss on 3% for the international and I'm still glad you didn't tell me in time about the G&K sale now. Glad I used my 2k coupon on Mechromancer after all.

A new year's resolution might be to get to changing your policy on PM'ing international sites to let it apply to certain sites that are directly targeting your sales. They're starting to eat y'all's lunch.

Amen.

Wasn't Mechromancer $3.50 at GMG the other day too?

GMG runs out of keys too fast. I tried to get Sine Mora, Alpha Protocol and some other game and every time I went it said "out of stock". It's like some divine force only wants me to shop at Amazon...

Just me being curious, but do you mean by "3% for the international"?

Yes, and the BL2 Season Pass was around $10, and Alpha Protocl today was like $3.50. They're really bringing it this week.

Borderlands 2 itself was only $21. Has anyone beaten that yet?

FYI again, unless business models change overseas we won't be matching international retailers :).

Cheers,
Tony
Cheers,
Tony - "T-Money"
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter:
www.twitter.com/amazongames
http://www.facebook....?ref=ts&fref=ts

#13865 Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon Official Rep

Posted 31 December 2012 - 07:55 PM

An MMO is the way to go. There are a bunch of free ones, or you can grab something like The Secret World of Guild Wars 1 or 2. The point is, MMOs are HUGE timesinks, which definitely helped me escaped the crappy things in my life (breakups, depression over other things). Most recently I got sucked into APB Reloaded, which took up about 20 hours of my life.

The Secret World will be discounted soon on Amazon, so I'd recommend that highly. If you need some people to play with, there's actually a CAG Steam group for the game, if you decide to get into it. PM Idiotekque and he'll get you added to the group. Nothing better to get through a break up than playing games with a couple of buddies.

On a side note, and also having been in a similar situation, if you need any support at all, please let me know.

What Severose said. A bunch of us are playing TSW right now. PM me and I'll buy you a copy myself.

Cheers,
Tony
Cheers,
Tony - "T-Money"

#13866 asheskitty

asheskitty

Level 3 SJW Social_Justice_Warrior

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 07:58 PM

Reminder, last day to use Amazon 2k $5 promo credit. I guess I'll be picking up the WTF The Crazy Action Pack.

CAGs,

For stuff like that I like something fairly simple but engaging. My favorite go-to games for that are racing games, brawlers (Sleeping Dogs, Batman AA/AC), or something Diablo-ish (Torchlight 2 or Borderlands 1/2). I'd give a good vote to SR3 as well -- that just brings a stupid smile to my face.

I dream in yellow comic sans.

It rubs the lotion on it's skin or else it gets Bad Rats again.

♥·.·´¯`·.·♥ Le Mew - Le Purrrrr ♥·.·´¯`·.·♥
Price Trackers --- Enhanced Steam --- SteamGameSales --- IsThereAnyDeal --- CamelCamelCamel Amazon $5 off w/EC List

Don't you be messin' with asheskitty. That girl be from the STREETS, yo.

#13867 G_freemanX

G_freemanX

HAF LAFE 3 pls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 07:58 PM

Is the Editor's choice price list coming soon?

#13868 IkedaTeramusa

IkedaTeramusa

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 08:01 PM

What Severose said. A bunch of us are playing TSW right now. PM me and I'll buy you a copy myself.

Cheers,
Tony

Tony you are a fine individual. Just need people to tell you that every once in a while.

#13869 Severose

Severose

I'm okie dokie and loopy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 08:02 PM

Cheers,
Tony

Tony man... You're amazing dude. I just can't understand how, in this day and age, there exists such an awesome representative from a HUGE company. WTF dude? You're like... Overpowered...

I hope he takes you up on it, this has the potential to be the most amazing experience I've had with a multiplayer game.

CAG: a place to buy/sell/trade games the right way.

GMG ref link: $2 when you spend $2, instantly!

3687091.png76561197965577424.png

#13870 Evrad

Evrad

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 08:09 PM

Cheers,
Tony

Tony, you're simply awesome. Sorry for Darkgamer, but when a story ends another one begins. Good luck in your future.

PS: @Tony, do you know anything about the upcoming EC list, or any opportunity of having Alan Wake (base game) in that list during the daily sale (also a price match would be great XD).

Happy new year, and best wishes from Spain, CAGs!

#13871 Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon Official Rep

Posted 31 December 2012 - 08:09 PM

Is the Editor's choice price list coming soon?

I'm still getting stuff in from developers. I'm waiting until we have a full, finalized list before posting though. I will tell you that those who missed out on the 2K packs should be good to go as it looks like we'll be adding those for the effective prices as right now.

So the only one that should go up in SRP is the Bioshock Pack, to $9.99, which will make it $4.99.

The other packs will all be their current SRP + the $5 off anyone with an EC coupon.

There is a very slight possibility that XCOM, Borderlands 2, and NBA 2K13 will get promotions (they are already on the list). We're still thinking about it though.

For those waiting to pick up a big chunk of The Sims 3:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00AV9N0UM will be $50 or $45 with coupon.

Tony you are a fine individual. Just need people to tell you that every once in a while.

Tony man... You're amazing dude. I just can't understand how, in this day and age, there exists such an awesome representative from a HUGE company. WTF dude? You're like... Overpowered...

I hope he takes you up on it, this has the potential to be the most amazing experience I've had with a multiplayer game.

Thanks guys :) you all are great.

Cheers,
Tony
Cheers,
Tony - "T-Money"

#13872 LN3000

LN3000

Companion Cube

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 08:11 PM

Nah, Call Amazon.. dial in your number, tell them to call you. They'll help you over the phone. Simple.

Maybe calling them would be better than email. I tried to email twice, and the people who answered were completely unhelpful. Basically saying where to check my balance, and saying that it'll be applied at checkout... it's like they didn't even read my question, because I basically said in my email that I already KNEW that.

I know customer support can be difficult sometimes, but basically not even reading the question is ridiculous. Even just to answer "Sorry, we don't have that information", even though I KNOW I had someone more helpful a few months ago who was able to tell me exactly what breakdown my credits were for.

Ridiculous.

At least we have Tony...

#13873 Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon Official Rep

Posted 31 December 2012 - 08:13 PM

Maybe calling them would be better than email. I tried to email twice, and the people who answered were completely unhelpful. Basically saying where to check my balance, and saying that it'll be applied at checkout... it's like they didn't even read my question, because I basically said in my email that I already KNEW that.

I know customer support can be difficult sometimes, but basically not even reading the question is ridiculous. Even just to answer "Sorry, we don't have that information", even though I KNOW I had someone more helpful a few months ago who was able to tell me exactly what breakdown my credits were for.

Ridiculous.

At least we have Tony...

I must have missed what your problem was? Can you restate?

Also, guys, me offering to buy a guy a copy of a game because his girlfriend just broke up with him is not a call to spam my inbox with requests for me to buy you games.

Cheers,
Tony
Cheers,
Tony - "T-Money"

#13874 Tolyngee

Tolyngee

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 31 December 2012 - 08:15 PM

Also, guys, me offering to buy a guy a copy of a game because his girlfriend just broke up with him is not a call to spam my inbox with requests for me to buy you games.

Cheers,
Tony

But, Tony... "My dog just died"

(who am I kidding, I bet you already got that PM...)

#13875 JamesJoyce

JamesJoyce

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 08:16 PM

There is a very slight possibility that XCOM, Borderlands 2, and NBA 2K13 will get promotions (they are already on the list). We're still thinking about it though.

Would be really cool if you could match GMG's price and offer XCOM for $17.50 after rebate.

Otherwise, many thanks for the sales! I picked up Civ5 Gods&Kings, Saints Row Full Package and LEGO LotR (the first two with coupons).

#13876 IkedaTeramusa

IkedaTeramusa

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 08:17 PM

WoW, that Sims deal is nice looking. I was just complaining to the wife that the Sims3 expansion packs are too expensive to catch up.

Edit:

TONY,

The initial problem is there is no real way on Amazon to check how much credit we have that can be used. If you check Amazon there is a couple of links to the discounts you are due but since they cross over (to say Amazon Instant Video) or the like, there is no real way to tell WHAT your $$$$ back should be. i.e. I don't know if I have a 2K $5 discount or a $5 Amazon Instant Cred until I checkout. And in the case of Amazon Instant Video they're one click purchases (which is how I found out about this rigamarole in the first place because it charged me the full price even though it said I had a AIV credit... person on the phone was extremely helpful and I learned some interesting stuff). Problem comes down into the guessing whether or not your credits are applicable to a given purchase.

#13877 gilby

gilby

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 08:18 PM

But Tony, I had a 14-hour drive yesterday in a packed car with a sick 3-year old yesterday highlighted by said 3-year old, just after leaving from a potty stop, saying, "I'm peeing in my car seat."

I'll bet you didn't get that PM.

#13878 Corpekata

Corpekata

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 08:18 PM

Asked earlier but looks like it might've gotten lost in the shuffle, is there any chance we'll see Syndicate on sale this coming month?

#13879 Tolyngee

Tolyngee

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 31 December 2012 - 08:19 PM

Wow, that's an amazing deal.

#13880 etcrane

etcrane

Winter Is Coming

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 08:21 PM

CAGs,

Dayz ... you wander around an empty map, feeling lost and alone ... scavenging for anything you can find ... you might meet another person ... they may help you ... or kill you ... perfect for losing hours on

#13881 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Slut Shamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 08:24 PM

Cheers,
Tony

But his girlfriend just broke up with me too...

#13882 Tolyngee

Tolyngee

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 31 December 2012 - 08:26 PM

Dayz ... you wander around an empty map, feeling lost and alone ... scavenging for anything you can find ... you might meet another person ... they may help you ... or kill you ... perfect for losing hours on

Not the game though to play if you're getting divorced...

Damn b**** took me for everything... Meh, I'll just play some DayZ...

Cool, now I've got some great gear and... WHAT? Someone just hacked me and took me for everything I had...

Instantly back to reality...

#13883 IkedaTeramusa

IkedaTeramusa

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 08:26 PM

You guys are vultures. Tony was trying to be nice and people who seagull stuff ruin it for everyone. Next time Tony won't or can't be nice.

Idiots. Everyone wants stuff for free.

#13884 The End

The End

It's a Prairie Dog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 08:27 PM

Not bad at all. Too bad I already own everything in the pack. :(

Hopefully there will be more Sims 3 stuff though. I own everything up to the Pets expansion, so I need the stuff since then.

But his girlfriend just broke up with me too...

lol

Heartless wench.

57j.gif

#13885 Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon Official Rep

Posted 31 December 2012 - 08:27 PM

Lol :)

But Tony, I had a 14-hour drive yesterday in a packed car with a sick 3-year old yesterday highlighted by said 3-year old, just after leaving from a potty stop, saying, "I'm peeing in my car seat."

I'll bet you didn't get that PM.

Lol I did not. Thank you good sir for the chuckle.

WoW, that Sims deal is nice looking. I was just complaining to the wife that the Sims3 expansion packs are too expensive to catch up.

Edit:

TONY,

The initial problem is there is no real way on Amazon to check how much credit we have that can be used. If you check Amazon there is a couple of links to the discounts you are due but since they cross over (to say Amazon Instant Video) or the like, there is no real way to tell WHAT your $$$$ back should be. i.e. I don't know if I have a 2K $5 discount or a $5 Amazon Instant Cred until I checkout. And in the case of Amazon Instant Video they're one click purchases (which is how I found out about this rigamarole in the first place because it charged me the full price even though it said I had a AIV credit... person on the phone was extremely helpful and I learned some interesting stuff). Problem comes down into the guessing whether or not your credits are applicable to a given purchase.

Ah I see, yes, I hate this widget as well and am trying to get it killed. I know we're working on something more robust in 2013. In the meantime, my continued apologies for the lack of clear communication around this. You'll note, we don't use the widget on our (digital video games0pages for the very reasons you cite about.

Asked earlier but looks like it might've gotten lost in the shuffle, is there any chance we'll see Syndicate on sale this coming month?

Sorry, missed this, nothing planned but I'll pitch it.

Cheers,
Tony
Cheers,
Tony - "T-Money"

#13886 Tolyngee

Tolyngee

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 31 December 2012 - 08:28 PM

You guys are vultures. Tony was trying to be nice and people who seagull stuff ruin it for everyone. Next time Tony won't or can't be nice.

Yup, it's CheapAss, not DonateToMyAss, Gamer...

#13887 Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon Official Rep

Posted 31 December 2012 - 08:29 PM

Nah, I won't stop being nice...I'll just start reposting "beggy" messages here for everyone's enjoyment.
Cheers,
Tony - "T-Money"

#13888 Seraphym

Seraphym

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 08:30 PM

Buying TSW today for $22.50 vs. tomorrow for $13 + $5.. Is the starter pack stuff worth $4.50? My hunch is that better noob weapons prolly is worth $4.50 until you can twink your new characters.

#13889 KBoom

KBoom

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 08:30 PM

FYI again, unless business models change overseas we won't be matching international retailers :).

Cheers,
Tony

Sorry, from my understanding that seems pretty vague. I have no idea what that means to us consumers.

And I really miss a Mafia / Mafia II pack/sale :bouncy:

#13890 motoki

motoki

A New Game Everyday

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 08:31 PM

Cheers,
Tony

I was going to say when I saw that uhoh.

Yeah might want to pm that next time.