Photo
- - - - -

Amazon PCDD $12.49 Walking Dead ($7.49 after coupon)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
18397 replies to this topic

#13891 The End

The End

It's a Prairie Dog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 08:32 PM

Does Amazon still carry Mafia 1? I can't find it in a search.

#13892 Tolyngee

Tolyngee

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 31 December 2012 - 08:33 PM

Tony, I might as well ask to make sure:

Viva Big Bundle of Games - $9.99

This was down to (at least) $8.99 previously in the year, at least for the Thanksgiving holiday.

Still holding out on it to see if it makes one last stab at the $8.99 territory.

I know it's just a buck... but it is CAG, after all...

FWIW - I plan to snag everything in this list later (also to get a ton of EC coupons):

Black Mirror II $1.99
Black Mirror III $1.99
Gray Matter $4.99
Alter Ego $1.99
Mystery Adventure Bundle (the above 4 games) $9.99
The Whispered World $1.99
Dark Fall: The Journal $1.99
Dark Fall: Lights Out $1.99
Darkness Within: In Pursuit of Loath Nolder $2.50
Mata Hari $1.99
Cursed Mountain $4.99
Sinking Island $1.99
Nibiru: Age of Secrets $1.99
Aura $1.99
Aura 2: The Sacred Rings $1.99
The Whispered World $1.99
Sentinel: Descendants in Time $1.99
Postmortem $1.99
Syberia II $1.99

The reason it's relevant is that two of those games are in the Viva Big Bundle of Games pack.

#13893 Syntax Error

Syntax Error

Tortue d'Art

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 08:33 PM

Buying TSW today for $22.50 vs. tomorrow for $13 + $5.. Is the starter pack stuff worth $4.50? My hunch is that better noob weapons prolly is worth $4.50 until you can twink your new characters.

Having played the game, upgrading your early weapons and staying competitive with the zombies and beach monsters was pretty trivial anyway. Getting it now under the 2012 wire might be worth it for the upcoming DLC but I wouldn't call twinkie newbie weapons a reason to do it.

#13894 UW_Shocks

UW_Shocks

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 08:34 PM

Man, I still have heartburn. Last time I eat tacos at 1 am :whee:

Hey Tony, thanks again for the games; I'm loving CIV 5 thus far!

A very cool Skyrim Mod:

Falskaar

http://skyrim.nexusm...com/mods/37994/

#13895 IkedaTeramusa

IkedaTeramusa

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 08:35 PM

Those pink ones are especially killer.. they latch on, suck you for all your money, and leave you in the dust. :-P

#13896 asheskitty

asheskitty

Friend of NakedBladeEyes

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 08:36 PM

Having played the game, upgrading your early weapons and staying competitive with the zombies and beach monsters was pretty trivial anyway. Getting it now under the 2012 wire might be worth it for the upcoming DLC but I wouldn't call twinkie newbie weapons a reason to do it.

Without playing the game, but reading around I was arriving at this conclusion.

I dream in yellow comic sans.

It rubs the lotion on it's skin or else it gets Bad Rats again.

♥·.·´¯`·.·♥ Le Mew - Le Purrrrr ♥·.·´¯`·.·♥
Price Trackers --- Enhanced Steam --- SteamGameSales --- IsThereAnyDeal --- CamelCamelCamel Amazon $5 off w/EC List

Don't you be messin' with asheskitty. That girl be from the STREETS, yo.

#13897 KaOTiK

KaOTiK

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 08:36 PM

Tony, any chance we can see a Kane and Lynch bundle?

#13898 Neuro5i5

Neuro5i5

pʎslǝxıɔ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 08:39 PM

Does Amazon still carry Mafia 1? I can't find it in a search.

Mafia

Is there any better time for tacos? (I love tacos.)

#13899 smurfinaus

smurfinaus

GOGger's Unite!! :)

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 08:41 PM

Realistically how many EC coupons do people need?. The EC list is still only a page and a bit, and prices don't look too good right now...:/

#13900 Tolyngee

Tolyngee

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 31 December 2012 - 08:41 PM

Taco Bell actually cures my heartburn...

The other end then burns tho...

#13901 Tolyngee

Tolyngee

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 31 December 2012 - 08:42 PM

Realistically how many EC coupons do people need?. The EC list is still only a page and a bit, and prices don't look too good right now...:/

You weren't around last year to witness what happens to that EC list during the entire month of Jan...

#13902 IkedaTeramusa

IkedaTeramusa

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 08:43 PM

Having played the game quite a bit lately,

You don't NEED anything in TSW... you'll eventually earn it. Some of the good stuff is all cosmetic. Issue 5 is a later quest so you won't be missing it early on (especially if you haven't played)

#13903 Neuro5i5

Neuro5i5

pʎslǝxıɔ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 08:43 PM

It's been know to get games rotated through the month of January. Plus the prices shown are not necessarily final (likely will be sales/price matching going on).

#13904 jamezuva

jamezuva

Posted 31 December 2012 - 08:44 PM

If anyone wants to use my 2k discount, I will part with it for an additional $2 on top of the cost of the item you want. PM me

#13905 The End

The End

It's a Prairie Dog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 08:44 PM

Mafia

Ah, thanks mate. Don't know why I couldn't find it. It's either because the amazon search kinda sucks, or because I'm an idiot. Or possibly both.

Mafia 1 has been removed from the steam store, so it's possible that Amazon only has a certain amount of keys left for that game. Any chance you might be able to clarify that situation Tony?

#13906 awestover89

awestover89

So Much Backlog

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 08:45 PM

Yeah, I have 8 EC coupons now and have the rest of today to decide if it is worth buying any more games to get more coupons.

#13907 bobphone

bobphone

So what if I'm a gay man?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 08:47 PM

Buying TSW today for $22.50 vs. tomorrow for $13 + $5.. Is the starter pack stuff worth $4.50? My hunch is that better noob weapons prolly is worth $4.50 until you can twink your new characters.

That sounds dumb.

#13908 Neuro5i5

Neuro5i5

pʎslǝxıɔ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 08:49 PM

Ah, thanks mate. Don't know why I couldn't find it. It's either because the amazon search kinda sucks, or because I'm an idiot. Or possibly both.

Mafia 1 has been removed from the steam store, so it's possible that Amazon only has a certain amount of keys left for that game. Any chance you might be able to clarify that situation Tony?

I don't know how I found it a few days ago on Amazon as I was looking to possibly pick it up, because I couldn't repeat the search just now. Google, however, found it right away. Go figure.

#13909 bobphone

bobphone

So what if I'm a gay man?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 08:49 PM

If anyone wants to use my 2k discount, I will part with it for an additional $2 on top of the cost of the item you want. PM me

What a deal! Other people have given away full games in here, but you, sir, are the true saint.

#13910 Zerokoolpsx

Zerokoolpsx

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 08:51 PM

So there's a good chance the 2k Strategy Super Pack will be on the EC list then?
http://www.amazon.co...pd_rhf_gw_p_t_2

#13911 tham1988

tham1988

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 08:52 PM

Sorry, from my understanding that seems pretty vague. I have no idea what that means to us consumers.

And I really miss a Mafia / Mafia II pack/sale :bouncy:

i think it may be vaguely implying that not all international sites are legitimate

#13912 Seraphym

Seraphym

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 08:53 PM

Having played the game, upgrading your early weapons and staying competitive with the zombies and beach monsters was pretty trivial anyway.

Without playing the game, but reading around I was arriving at this conclusion.

Having played the game quite a bit lately,
You don't NEED anything in TSW... you'll eventually earn it. Some of the good stuff is all cosmetic. Issue 5 is a later quest so you won't be missing it early on (especially if you haven't played)

Thanks for the replies. After browsing through the horribly overpriced TSW Item Shop I'm going to have to rethink getting TSW.

#13913 nategator

nategator

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 08:54 PM

Tony & CAG,

Happy New Years eve! Hope you all fun tonight!

Steam Keys for sale:

SotS Complete Collection (does not inc. SotS II) $4 Paypal

#13914 aronater

aronater

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 08:55 PM

Tony, any chance we can see a Kane and Lynch bundle?

This. I would buy that in an instant... assuming the price was right of course :).

#13915 gilby

gilby

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 08:57 PM

Lol :)

Lol I did not. Thank you good sir for the chuckle.

It certainly is much funnier now. Last night, not so much.

#13916 IkedaTeramusa

IkedaTeramusa

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 08:58 PM

Thanks for the replies. After browsing through the horribly overpriced TSW Item Shop I'm going to have to rethink getting TSW.

Your call, missing out on a good game. Nothing in that item shop is remotely necessary.

#13917 Mippo

Mippo

One and Only

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 08:58 PM

First off, thanks to all of the hard work you have done letting us know about all of the great deals. It's really appreciated! I played solely MMORPG's from the Everquest Beta till about 2008 when I quit WoW and really haven't been playing much of anything the past few years. The last console I owned was the original Nintendo. Basically, I came in to this holiday season with a clean slate on video games as basically everything on every system is new to me, and a ton of cash to blow. I didn't want to buy anything new because the old stuff is all new to me, and much less cost. I wanted to get a PS3 since I didn't own a blu-ray player. I also wanted to build a new computer as mine is fairly outdated. With that said, I've been bargain shopping at all of the various retailers for the best deals around for the past 2 months and this board has been a great help. The reason for the post however, is the interesting part of the break-down of my spending.

For digital games my breakdown was about:

75% Amazon
15% Steam
10% Gamersgate

For PS3 Purchases my breakdown was about:

70% Best Buy (Console + Bundles)
15% Amazon (Accessories)
15% Gamestop (used games)

For Computer purchases my breakdown was about:

80% Newegg
20% Amazon

Total spent: About $2,500.

By merchant:

Newegg: $1,200
Amazon: $700
Best Buy: $600

Essentially, Amazon took the majority of sales in the Digital Games category. Newegg took the majority of sales in the Computer hardware category and Best Buy took almost all of the sales in the PS3 category with Amazon the only merchant to cut into all 3 areas winning the Digital Downloads, and getting occasional sales in PS3 (Accessories, 1 bundle) and Computer Parts (Ram, Motherboard).

In Summary,

Amazon was the best for Digital Downloads.
Best Buy was the best for PS3 purchases.
Newegg was the best for computer hardware.

#13918 Khamous

Khamous

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 09:01 PM

I won't be using my 2k credit and don't want it to go to waste. PM me if you're interested in it and we can sort something out.

fs_pc.png

#13919 SRV

SRV

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 09:02 PM

Burning Hot Bundle [Download] $39.98 !!

I would buy it if it's reasonable or on the EC sale.

#13920 Syntax Error

Syntax Error

Tortue d'Art

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 09:03 PM

Your choice, naturally, but the item shop is really just cosmetic stuff. I've never felt a need to use it.