Photo
- - - - -

Amazon PCDD $12.49 Walking Dead ($7.49 after coupon)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
18397 replies to this topic

#14551 Lindor

Lindor

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 01 January 2013 - 06:15 PM

Oh and I had to go back just to say thank you for this recommendation. I havent even played it yet but that trailer just really resonated with me. I plan on digging into this while waiting for TSW to finish downloading (I should have plenty of time...lol).

Albeit short, it tells a really great story. Well worth the cost.

#14552 vince_carter

vince_carter

what's a panini

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 06:15 PM

yea, if they PM max payne i'll finally have to bite

Hand__Of__God.png

#14553 mnuttster

mnuttster

CAG It Up!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 06:16 PM

Check your PMs...

Thanks man for the hookup! Greatly appreciated!

#14554 asheskitty

asheskitty

Coconut Kitty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 06:17 PM

I just bought and registered TSW and got the December 2012 perks (Blood Raven, Jacket, Weapons, Initiate Pack.

I dream in yellow comic sans.

It rubs the lotion on it's skin or else it gets Bad Rats again.

♥·.·´¯`·.·♥ Le Mew - Le Purrrrr ♥·.·´¯`·.·♥
Price Trackers --- Enhanced Steam --- SteamGameSales --- IsThereAnyDeal --- CamelCamelCamel Amazon $5 off w/EC List

Don't you be messin' with asheskitty. That girl be from the STREETS, yo.

#14555 Frithsblessing

Frithsblessing

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 06:18 PM

Cool, Sold!

Good choice. I'm currently 40+ hours into KOA: R and really enjoy it. It's a beautiful and the gameplay is great.
Posted Image

#14556 Tane

Tane

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 06:19 PM

I just bought and registered TSW and got the December 2012 perks (Blood Raven, Jacket, Weapons, Initiate Pack.

Whoa and you just registered right now? I am debating TSW now because of everyone. Maybe fix my itch that I have for mmos.

Highly doubt it now i think 6 years of wow on and off have killed my love for them.

i5 3570k | GTX 780 | FT02

#14557 walkonshadows

walkonshadows

Terminal CAGtosis

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 06:20 PM

I was under the impression the Kingdom of Amalur didn't require the Origin client. Page says it only requires an account. I took that to mean it did an online check once by you logging into your Origin account, not the client. Can anyone confirm?

Anyone who wants a 72-Hour guest pass to The Secret World, just PM me your email.

LeCuPXZ.jpgUUVGik1.jpgDEjnR1E.jpg

CEh38V2.jpgKxJkMdH.jpgJtnnbZt.jpg

#14558 IkedaTeramusa

IkedaTeramusa

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 06:21 PM

Whoa and you just registered right now? I am debating TSW now because of everyone. Maybe fix my itch that I have for mmos.

Highly doubt it now i think 7 years of wow on and off have killed my love for them.

It's NOT like WoW.

I told people over on the Steam thread, and I'll say it here.

Do NOT review the game until you have done 2 things:
1) Kingsmouth Code - You get this quest from the Priest in Solomon's Island, just past the Sherriffs station.
2) Do Polaris (first instance) - Recommended at QL2-3.

Do those. If those don't make you go WHOA, then the game will be a bust. But I'd be willing to bet it'd satisfy the urge for most people.

(mind you, using a walkthrough on the Kingsmouth code will defeat the purpose and leave you wanting)

#14559 Patch517

Patch517

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 06:22 PM

Fall of Cybertron isn't in the EC list? :cry:

May actually have to pick up MP3 if it's matched, don't think it'll be falling lower than 10$ any time soon.

#14560 akmgmer

akmgmer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 06:24 PM

Yep I just did the same, cool to see the perks are still alive. If the launcher says Version Issue #5, that means the new issue was included too?

76561197977258746.pngAddFriend.png 

Spoiler

#14561 motoki

motoki

Goofy Genie

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 06:25 PM

+1

Anyway, I submitted a price match for it on the Max Payne page. Not sure if it helps if a bunch of us do that but figured it couldn't hurt.

steam_sig.png

#14562 DarkGamer11

DarkGamer11

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 06:26 PM

Highly doubt it now i think 6 years of wow on and off have killed my love for them.

Do ittttt

#14563 xRidley

xRidley

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

How bad is Origin? I have been eyeballing Kingdoms of Amalur for a while.
Seems to be the only downside.

There is really nothing wrong with it and it gets a ton of hatred that it doesn't really deserve. The only truly bad one is GFWL.

#14564 Umair56

Umair56

CHINA DON'T CARE

• CAGiversary!

+1

Anyway, I submitted a price match for it on the Max Payne page. Not sure if it helps if a bunch of us do that but figured it couldn't hurt.

I did the same.

Also if we were to get a PM, would it be for the Steam version? I don't even know what DRM the other one is (the $30 one).
http://steamcommunity.com/id/umair56
Umair56 on Origin, PSN, Battle.net, etc etc

#14565 meeko2

meeko2

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 01 January 2013 - 06:27 PM

+1

You pmed tony/amazon ? Price match would make me bite too

Can we get also price matches on the total war series? i really want rome! I dont need the pack i already have shogun Q_Q

#14566 Syntax Error

Syntax Error

Tortue d'Art

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 06:29 PM

A decade of Everquest had killed my desire for fantasy MMORPGs (tried WoW, LoTRO online, etc) but I found City of Heroes (now dead) fun for a while and TSW interesting. A change in genre does wonders.

#14567 Kildar

Kildar

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 06:30 PM

Ditto. Here is me hoping for a PM too.

#14568 CaptainSlow

CaptainSlow

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 06:31 PM

How do you see if you've got the December perks?

EDIT: Nevermind, I see it when I go to my account settings page. It mentions an initiate pack and three other things. I don't see any mention of this "Issue #5"

#14569 frankie007

frankie007

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

We request Max Payne 3 price match for everyone!

Pleeeeeeaaaaaseeee ;)

#14570 RiseFromYourGrave

RiseFromYourGrave

Mighty Pirate

• CAGiversary!

Picked up TSW. It was this or Amalur. TSW looked more interesting, despite my love for hack 'n' slash :P

EDIT: Speaking of which, I need to get a new HDD. Why must all MMOs take up so much room...
Quaint Specs:
AMD Mobility Radeon HD 5650/Intel i7 720QM/6GB DDR3/Cool Stuff
Steam id: kiss.gandy

#14571 nosferatu51

nosferatu51

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

I've got 5 coupons. Already spent 1 on The Secret World. I'm trying to debate what else to use them on. Hotline Miami, Kingdoms of Amalur, Dead Souls (despite the raves on this one, my gut feel would be it would annoy me) would take another 3 and put me at 4/5. I just have no idea what else might show up. My list of owned is already fairly extensive. Genuinely good choices? Any reason to pick those up now rather than wait to see what else shows up prior to the end of the sale (eg: are any scheduled to increase in price soon)?
Just wish they carried Dishonored after the whole GGate fiasco. Anyone know why they don't?
Posted Image

#14572 tham1988

tham1988

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

so the secret world on amazon does not activate on steam?
only on the games website?
or could you activate it on either?

#14573 Tallkido

Tallkido

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Will that coupon work on saints row 3 season pass?
Posted Image

#14574 Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon Official Rep

• Retailer Representative

Posted 01 January 2013 - 06:32 PM

[quote name='hal']What happened to that Kingdoms of Amalur Complete Pack that was supposed to be on the EC list? I'm just not seeing it. That and Walking Dead were the two I was really looking forward to for this sale.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='nosferatu51']Amalur does work, but is not showing up on my EC list either for what it's worth.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='walkonshadows']@ Tony There are alot of people who would like to pick up Kingdoms of Amalur on Steam, in the past Steam codes could be provided for certain games (Bioshock Pack for example). What are the chances of Amazon being able to provide a Steam code version for Kingdoms of Amalur. THAT would sell like wildfire.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Rerujnoc']I would say there is no chance right now until the rights for it get sold off.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Syntax Error']EA has the non-Steam publishing rights so I'm guessing zero.

38 Studios, now better known as "The State of Rhode Island", has the exclusive rights to sell through Steam. There are no retail Steam versions of KoA.[/QUOTE]

I call the state of Rhode Island at least once per day. That is not a joke.

[quote name='MysterD']Have we seen a list yet for the 2K wave of games getting a sale-price slash during EC 2012?

EDIT:
Okay, I seen Spec Ops: The Line and Darkness 2 mentioned as being $2.49 each (after $5 coupons).
So....what about NBA2K13? Anything happening w/ this one?

EDIT 2:
How come this EC list on Reddit ain't on OP or post #2 in this thread?
{puzzled}[/QUOTE]

[quote name='LazyTriangle']well it looks like we'll get XCOM for 50% off after all, straight from Tony himself via reddit. Borderlands 2 and NBA 2K13 will be 50% off too.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Neuro5i5']Wonder if Tony has some help posting to his reddit account? He did mention that he was planning on updating the OP yesterday, but then later he mentioned he was ill, so I guess it just got forgotten about.

Edit: Or maybe the overly negative vibe in this thread for the past week or so has just kept him away more than usual. (It would for me.)[/QUOTE]

Nah, it just takes longer to update the OP here than to respond to someone on Reddit, which I'm able to do from my phone or Kindle. Most of my reddit posting is done from mobile or before I go to sleep, as with last night.

[quote name='LazyTriangle']like most CAGs I have almost everything I want from the current editor's choice list, however I'm hoping for XCOM and War of the Roses to hit 50% off at some point in January[/QUOTE]

Xcom is tomorrow, War of the Roses will be pricematched shortly.

[quote name='KaOTiK']Tony,

How long is the price for ME3 Deluxe going to stay at its current price ($19.99) ?[/QUOTE]

1/9/2013

[quote name='Corpekata']Steam daily deal on Max Payne 3 and War of the Roses. Time to see if price matching is gonna happen.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='tham1988']price matches on max payne 3 and war of the roses daily deals please[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Umair56']OOooooo Max Payne PM maybe?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='BernardoOne']Max Payne PM :D[/QUOTE]

[quote name='tham1988']is there any chance of getting a price match for the max payne 3 rockstar pass steam daily deal and it being put on the editor's choice list along with the game?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='vince_carter']yea, if they PM max payne i'll finally have to bite[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Motoki']+1

Anyway, I submitted a price match for it on the Max Payne page. Not sure if it helps if a bunch of us do that but figured it couldn't hurt.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Umair56']I did the same.

Also if we were to get a PM, would it be for the Steam version? I don't even know what DRM the other one is (the $30 one).[/QUOTE]

Hamsters.

[quote name='asheskitty']I just bought and registered TSW and got the December 2012 perks (Blood Raven, Jacket, Weapons, Initiate Pack.[/QUOTE]

But are you going to play with us?

Cheers,
Tony
Cheers,
Tony - "T-Money"
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter:
www.twitter.com/amazongames
http://www.facebook....?ref=ts&fref=ts

#14575 Lindor

Lindor

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 01 January 2013 - 06:32 PM

so the secret world on amazon does not activate on steam?
only on the games website?
or could you activate it on either?

It activates on Origin.

#14576 aus_nacht

aus_nacht

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 06:33 PM

Maybe I'm just too cag but it seems like dark souls could becheaper that 13
"Just a heads up: we're gonna have a superconductor turned up full blast and pointed at you for the duration of this next test. I'll be honest - we're throwing science at the wall here to see what sticks. No idea what it'll do. Probably nothing. Best-case scenario, you might get some superpowers. Worst case, some tumors, which we'll cut out. " - C. Johnson

#14577 Syntax Error

Syntax Error

Tortue d'Art

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 06:33 PM

Just wish they carried Dishonored after the whole GGate fiasco. Anyone know why they don't?

They don't have a distribution agreement with Bethesda.

Did we ever come up with a way of counting coupons aside from the flaky e-mail system?

#14578 spoderman

spoderman

I thought Harvey Dent said that

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 06:34 PM

I was under the impression the Kingdom of Amalur didn't require the Origin client. Page says it only requires an account. I took that to mean it did an online check once by you logging into your Origin account, not the client. Can anyone confirm?

Requires the Origin client, not just an account.

It activates on Origin.

The Secret World does NOT activate on Origin, it activates on The Secret World's official site.

#14579 NeoGutsman

NeoGutsman

CAG Backlogger

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 06:35 PM

Don't download The Secret World through Amazon's servers, do it through Funcom's.

After you register your key with Funcom, use this to download:
http://cdn.funcom.co.../live/setup.exe

QFT. This is exactly what I did and my initial download speeds (before I went to bed at 3:30am PST, heh) were quite good. I almost never download directly from Amazon; if I get a Steam or Origin key I just copy the key then register and download directly through those clients.

#14580 Cofresi

Cofresi

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 06:35 PM

It activates on Origin.

You can activate it on the Secret World page and download the installer from there, no need for Origin.

http://www.thesecretworld.com/